Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are there any modpacks or such for Skyrim that save you the hours upon hours of setting up poo poo yourself and finetuning it?

I'm starting fresh with Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn installed, looking for some mod recommendations. Kinda excited to run it on a high-end system this time around.

/edit:

Apparently I have the Skyrim Special edition without knowing what the gently caress it is/includes, but it seem to require its own mods...this is, uh...other than convenient.

/edit2:

Glad I asked my first dumb question in here, and not in the Skyrim modding thread

I go minimalist as gently caress, the unofficial patch, a basic talent rework (ordinator), and perhaps some additional armors/weapons, and unobtrusive player housing.

I don't like running 60+ mods as the "basic mods" like the brainbroke weirdos in the Skyrim modding thread will have you doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I dunno if they exist but I'd be looking for mods that make it so stealth archer isn't the only combat style worth pursuing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I was about a second away from just calling it quits as opposed to dealing with all the bullshit that has now arisen due to the conflicts between Skyrim Special Edition and its script programs and everything else entirely.

Gave it one hail mary shot for comedy value and just mass-installed all the most highly rated and downloaded mods compatible with SSE on the Nexus Mod Manager website that sounded/looked interesting, threw the most recent alpha version of SKSE in there, and then ran the game, fully expecting it to simply crash on me on a loading screen, but nope.

It's running perfectly with no problems whatsoever...my mind is blown. And it looks stupid good on ridiculous graphic settings. I've got something to do while recovering from surgery.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The difference in stability between that and past versions of Bethesda games is really incredible. Skyrim in particular. The availability of utilities like LOOT certainly help, too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Oh gently caress, I think I recall using LOOT.

Don't even have it installed in this run, though.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's the beauty of it: it doesn't need to be installed for any particular game. You just point it at your game's directory, press "go," and it will look through your mods for files that get changed. It'll then recommend a load order which you can accept and it will apply for you. It doesn't get much easier, really!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You'll be installing anime titties in no time

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Steal until you are too heavy to move. Then steal more.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The combat in Skyrim gets so loving monotonous 20 hours in that I'm surprised I actually made it through a full playthrough. I should've installed a mod but I didn't want to roll the dice on finding out that the modder's vision for combat involved making it a constant dick-punch.

What do you guys recommend for Fallout 4? I'm thinking about running through it in Survival mode and that Horizons mod sounds kind of interesting.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

loving hell the Mistake difficulty missions in Heat Signature. I have to base my strategy around blowing out windows at strategic times to murder people.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the new gran turismo is now supported by psvr

now im kinda hopeful

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

The combat in Skyrim gets so loving monotonous 20 hours in that I'm surprised I actually made it through a full playthrough. I should've installed a mod but I didn't want to roll the dice on finding out that the modder's vision for combat involved making it a constant dick-punch.

What do you guys recommend for Fallout 4? I'm thinking about running through it in Survival mode and that Horizons mod sounds kind of interesting.

yeah I loved oblivion but after playing the witcher 3 I just can't bring myself to go back and finish oblivion.

I'd actually love a spinoff game thats just thiefs guild/dark brotherhood type stuff

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

now im kinda hopeful

Bought Project Cars 2 for PS4, I am very sad that I didn't remember that Project Cars is built first and foremost on the assumption that you have a wheel and pedals, and the cars control like absolute poo poo if you don't have one.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Steal until you are too heavy to move. Then steal more.

draw your bow but don't fire, and you'll still walk at normal pace(or at least this worked pre-special edition HD SUPER MAXXX REZ ULTRA)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
:aaaaa: gamechanger!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

orange juche posted:

Bought Project Cars 2 for PS4, I am very sad that I didn't remember that Project Cars is built first and foremost on the assumption that you have a wheel and pedals, and the cars control like absolute poo poo if you don't have one.

Adjust camber, brake bias, and steering ratio. The cars are twitchy in their default setup.

You want less camber. They'll track better in a straight line and 55/45 brake split. A slower steering ratio too. Pcars 2 is a huge improvement over the first one on gamepad.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

now im kinda hopeful

Oh god dammit, I thought I was done buying games till Wolfenstein or Battlefront. I just bought FIFA for my switch and Everybody's Golf. Also still playing Destiny 2 and my SNES Classic.

I've got too much poo poo to play. :qq:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've got Forza, 2K18, Gran Turismo, PCARS 2, and FIFA 18 to juggle. Basically I play one for like a few hours a week.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I basically play pubg, Rocket League, and AOE2 because :corsair:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i only play PUBG because other people in here play it and its hella fun.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mgsv still
persona 5 still

and puyo puyo tetris or everybodys golf

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

mgsv still
persona 5 still

and puyo puyo tetris or everybodys golf

I saw you play Persona at like 6 am CST today

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cowboy elvis posted:

Stalk much

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

dude you need to give your weapons better names in heat signature they're boring as gently caress

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

[quote="“cowboy elvis”" post="“477018409”"]
[/quote]

i work overnights and turn based games are pretty much the perfect way to pass the shift

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i work overnights and turn based games are pretty much the perfect way to pass the shift

Have you heard the good word of Stellaris my man

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I am now a couple of hours into Hyper Light Drifter. Initial impressions: pretty cool.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

yeah pubg is really mediocre if you're playing by yourself.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

dude you need to give your weapons better names in heat signature they're boring as gently caress

No

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Name them shooty thing and better shooty thing or something like that, I don't know how that game works.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

keeping this in mind for my next character retirement

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

keeping this in mind for my next character retirement

oh look this guy wants me to name weapons after him and memes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
heat signature looks cool, i loved gunpoint

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm honesty kinda surprised how well VR is doing this time around tbh

It seems Sony isn't entirely convinced yet even though they couldn't keep up with demand. I don't regret getting one but whatever PSVR 2.0 or VR 2.0 comes around in the coming years, the changes will be welcome.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Vasudus posted:

heat signature looks cool, i loved gunpoint

Every character in heat signature gets a personal mission, one of my dude's mission was to rescue his wife from a ship full of dudes wearing armors and shields. With two armor piercing long swords, crash beams and subverter beams. It came down to 10 seconds, a handful of charges of a crash beams and a two charges time compressor thing. I had my dude carry his wife, drop her near a window and shoot it with seconds to spare.

Then I had to remote control the pod pick the dude, then pick up the wife and then retire for life.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I am now a couple of hours into Hyper Light Drifter. Initial impressions: pretty cool.

This is a correct opinion

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Slim Pickens posted:

draw your bow but don't fire, and you'll still walk at normal pace(or at least this worked pre-special edition HD SUPER MAXXX REZ ULTRA)

:psyduck:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have been playing a lot of total war warhammer 2 and I am ok with this game since they are doing good improvements on the total war series

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy poo poo mgsv is ps+ free this month and theres so many new fobs to invade at such low levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

at this point im full demon bc gently caress you im not gonna fulton your A+ rear end just to dismiss you 10 minutes from now

im just gonna murder everything, including anti-air and mortars and w/e. i dont even want that bullshit.

im full S in all my groups, working on the eventual full s++ and dev all the online weapons while the servers still exist before konami turns then into pachinko machines

also my 5 year old and i go hunting to complete the animal conservation pod

need to s-rank everything and finish all the tasks. ive been at 82% forever bc all i do is just fob hop and murder everything

god i love mgsv