Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Odobenidae posted:

Over 12 million in sales. Let's push for servers defaulting to NA after a match ends by Q2 2018.

NA players will default to AS, EU players will default to NA, AS players will default to RU, RU players will default to EU. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hellsau posted:

NA players will default to AS, EU players will default to NA, AS players will default to RU, RU players will default to EU. Problem solved.

Send a server farm to the moon, everyone defaults to that one. I'm sure they can afford it.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Bought this last night and played a round. It was fun. Found myself doing a LOT of running though. I think I only saw about 3 or 4 players the whole game. Ended up getting a kill and finished 18th so I was pretty happy overall. A couple of questions though (I've probably got a million).

-I had semi automatic rifle of some kind and it said "single shot" under my ammo count. Does that mean I could have changed it to burst or full auto? What's the hotkey for that?
-Any tips for looting/inventory management? I was in a complete panic whenever I did it as I was freaking out someone would kill me so I didn't have a lot of time to play around with the interface. I assume there is a carry limit? Where do I see that? How do I drop things, do I just drag things from my inventory to the left hand side where the available lootable items are?
-Is there a way to bring up the loot menu for items lying around on the ground rather than trying to spot random elements in the pile and pressing the action key to pick them up?
-Any good new player guides/resources/youtube channels?
-Is there a spectator mode once I'm dead? I didn't know how to get out of the "better luck next time" summary screen once I was dead and just had to disconnect.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zo posted:

it's a brand new steam account with only pubg. the guy probably gets banned regularly and just buys new accounts every time.

there's not much you can do to stop that. like when i used to bot diablo 3, my accounts would get banned every week like clockwork, but i just bought more.

I wonder if he can break even between selling crates and buying new accounts. I mean BP accumulation is performance driven...

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Looten Plunder posted:

Bought this last night and played a round. It was fun. Found myself doing a LOT of running though. I think I only saw about 3 or 4 players the whole game. Ended up getting a kill and finished 18th so I was pretty happy overall. A couple of questions though (I've probably got a million).

-I had semi automatic rifle of some kind and it said "single shot" under my ammo count. Does that mean I could have changed it to burst or full auto? What's the hotkey for that?
-Any tips for looting/inventory management? I was in a complete panic whenever I did it as I was freaking out someone would kill me so I didn't have a lot of time to play around with the interface. I assume there is a carry limit? Where do I see that? How do I drop things, do I just drag things from my inventory to the left hand side where the available lootable items are?
-Is there a way to bring up the loot menu for items lying around on the ground rather than trying to spot random elements in the pile and pressing the action key to pick them up?
-Any good new player guides/resources/youtube channels?
-Is there a spectator mode once I'm dead? I didn't know how to get out of the "better luck next time" summary screen once I was dead and just had to disconnect.

Yes you can change firing mode. Default is...B I think?

There is a limit to what you can carry. Vest & backpack increase this limit. It's the little vertical white bar on the character inventory screen.

To drop things, drag them to the left side

Hit tab to bring up the "loot menu" to see what is in the vicinity

This thread is a good resource. Also watch streamers like https://www.twitch.tv/shroud & https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco to see how they loot & play, and try to do what they do

There's no spectator mode (yet) after you die. Unless you are playing with squadmates, you can watch their perspective after you die.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

VulgarandStupid posted:

I wonder if he can break even between selling crates and buying new accounts. I mean BP accumulation is performance driven...

well he has to make new steam accounts as well, so he can't even sell any items

anyway the hacks he's using might cost way more than all the pubg copies he's bought. some people have the money to burn and this is how they have fun.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zo posted:

well he has to make new steam accounts as well, so he can't even sell any items

anyway the hacks he's using might cost way more than all the pubg copies he's bought. some people have the money to burn and this is how they have fun.

If he buys the game by putting new money into the Steam eco-system, then he can sell items. Even if he's VAC banned, they can't take his items. Also, I somehow doubt the cheats are account tied.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Fresh accounts are banned from trading for 30 days after spending money, right? It'd take some planning then.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://pubg.me/player/WG-Qun-3IZZ96959/solo-fpp

:discourse:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Looten Plunder posted:

First off, rebind the inventory key to TAB because its used a lot.

When I first drop finding a gun is #1 priority. Dont gently caress with fistfighting. After getting a backpack and a gun I'll start collecting foregrips, sights, barrel attachments even if i dont have a gun for em. Dont bother with pistol attachments after you find a real gun. Dont bother with quickdraw mags, only get extended or ex. Quickdraws. Dont grab more than a couple grenades they can take up a lot of space if your backpack is only lvl one. Its alwasy good to grab the 7.76 or 5.52 ammo even if you havent got a gun for it. you probably dont need more than 180ish ammo for any gun.

Pucking up stuff like backpacks, helmets or vests is fine with the f key, but if there is a big mess of crap in the floor hitting tab/inventory is faster. You can click-drag crap right off the floor and put it on a gun, so going into inventory is quicker than hitting f and then having to go in anyways. Note if your pack is full the click drag from the floor wont work if your swapping out another attachment

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I want to see that 7 kill streak in solos if it isn't the lagswitch/teleport thing. That's got to be hilarious.

Funnily enough I've only had it happen twice myself where I suspected someone of cheating (other than teaming) and only reported one of those. They did both end up banned though, I believe. One did for sure. Dude killed me through terrain with a single, non-headshot M416 round on a >1 vest. Didn't even know damage hacks of any kind existed until then.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Parallel Playa posted:

I want to see that 7 kill streak in solos if it isn't the lagswitch/teleport thing. That's got to be hilarious.

Funnily enough I've only had it happen twice myself where I suspected someone of cheating (other than teaming) and only reported one of those. They did both end up banned though, I believe. One did for sure. Dude killed me through terrain with a single, non-headshot M416 round on a >1 vest. Didn't even know damage hacks of any kind existed until then.

I had a guy run into my building, perfectly silent (no footsteps, interactions / doors, nothing) and one-shot me with a SCAR while I had full health and level 3 gear. I saw the door open and him walk in and then just went right to death screen. That's the only really questionable one I've had.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

In for an exciting day in school

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I wouldn't mind having a leaderboard for each match I've played showing how many players got what kills etc. I'm really curious how the matches unfold and if it's mostly people killing 1-2 players each or good players making GBS threads on everyone else.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Mauser posted:

I wouldn't mind having a leaderboard for each match I've played showing how many players got what kills etc. I'm really curious how the matches unfold and if it's mostly people killing 1-2 players each or good players making GBS threads on everyone else.

they already have this finished, but like the reconnect feature used to be, it's only available in custom matches right now

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I'm kinda confused, I just hit a guy four times in a row with a mini 14. Didn't drop. Not sure if he had a vest or not. He was wearing one of those pink suits that may have covered it.
Then I headshotted his level 2 helmet twice. Still didn't drop.

It's possible he bandaged or even first aid between the headshots, but it still seems kinda weird to me after looking at this damage chart

:confused:

dc3k fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 4, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

dc3k posted:

I'm kinda confused, I just hit a guy four times in a row with a mini 14. Didn't drop. Not sure if he had a vest or not. He was wearing one of those pink suits that may have covered it.

It's possible he bandaged or even first aid between the headshots, but it still seems kinda weird to me after looking at this damage chart

what are you confused about? you just said the guy could have healed

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I'm mostly confused about the 4 hits without dropping because I'm not sure what a level 3 vest would look like under a pink suit but I guess that must have been it. I frame by framed the rest of it, and for the headshots he definitely healed and then I hit him in the shoulder the second time anyways.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

dc3k posted:

Blood spray is client side. You may or may not have hit all or some of those shots and there's no way for you to know other than the enemy player dying.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
If you land a bunch of shots on a guy bust out your full auto weapon and charge. You can take damage he can't

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

dc3k posted:

I'm mostly confused about the 4 hits without dropping because I'm not sure what a level 3 vest would look like under a pink suit but I guess that must have been it. I frame by framed the rest of it, and for the headshots he definitely healed and then I hit him in the shoulder the second time anyways.

maybe you had some limb shots in there

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Bought the game after watching some streams and now I have a few questions:

- how do I close doors behind me without turning back to do it? I've seen chocotaco do it in his streams all the time?
- is there a reason why streamers seem to drag/drop items when looting instead of right clicking on them?
- when looting with tab open, how far can I move and still be able to grab the stuff?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

- is there a reason why streamers seem to drag/drop items when looting instead of right clicking on them?

This one was because you used to be able to drag and drop loot instantaneously, whereas right clicking would take a while. Now it's just a good habit so you can do the same motion to pick up an attachment and put it on your gun or equip armor from the ground.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

Bought the game after watching some streams and now I have a few questions:

- how do I close doors behind me without turning back to do it? I've seen chocotaco do it in his streams all the time?
- when looting with tab open, how far can I move and still be able to grab the stuff?

There is a bit of lag before a door closes so I'm sure they just close it right as theyre going thru. Maybe before it's completely shut

You know you can still use WADS to move while the inventory is open. if you think you missed something can move around to check it out. Also usefull for wiggling around looting in the danger zone

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Willfrey posted:

There is a bit of lag before a door closes so I'm sure they just close it right as theyre going thru. Maybe before it's completely shut

You know you can still use WADS to move while the inventory is open. if you think you missed something can move around to check it out. Also usefull for wiggling around looting in the danger zone

Yeah, I just hit F again as soon as it opens and then walk through before it closes.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 4, 2017

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Regrettable posted:

This was, of course, on the Asia server.

Aaaaah asia server memories.

Was taking shots one time to find it was from a guy in the middle of the street laying prone. In the center of Pochinki. I had to do a double take because i thought it was a corpse.

Another hot pochinki drop I fled to a the dark blue 1-story building after ghosting a guy inside. I healed, reloaded, looted, hung out there for a bit peeking at nearby gunfire. After all that time I go to head out, and check the bathroom door... Another guy inside panic sprays an ump and i blast him with my AK after making GBS threads my pants in surprise.

Last night I was looting, heard footsteps in the adjacent building. Waited by a window for him to pop out the roof exit, but he never does, must have heard me because he's frantically running around downstairs before going quiet. I hop down, go inside and spy him at the top of the staircase with a double barrel looking down. I scream into the mic and he whirls around a bit while i pop out and kill him :allears:

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 4, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Willfrey posted:

Aaaaah asia server memories.

Was taking shots one time to find it was from a guy in the middle of the street laying prone. In the center of Pochinki. I had to do a double take because i thought it was a corpse.

Another hot pochinki drop I fled to a the dark blue 1-story building after ghosting a guy inside. I healed, reloaded, looted, hung out there for a bit peeking at nearby gunfire. After all that time I go to head out, and check the bathroom door... Another guy inside panic sprays an ump and i blast him with my AK after making GBS threads my pants in surprise.

Last night I was looting, heard footsteps in the adjacent building. Waited by a window for him to pop out the roof exit, but he never does, must have heard me because he's frantically running around downstairs before going quiet. I hop down, go inside and spy him at the top of the staircase with a double barrel looking down. I scream into the mic and he whirls around a bit while i pop out and kill him :allears:

Whoops, looks like I didn't get that edit in before someone saw it. I figured out what happened shortly after I posted it. He thought he threw a stun grenade and had time to loot while I was blind.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What's the consensus on first or third person? I would have thought you should stay in 3rd while travelling and first once you get in a house or something but I was watching Shrouds stream today and he was in first the whole time.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Looten Plunder posted:

What's the consensus on first or third person? I would have thought you should stay in 3rd while travelling and first once you get in a house or something but I was watching Shrouds stream today and he was in first the whole time.

He was probably playing FPP only. If you are playing 3rd person there is no reason to be using first person. 3rd person literally lets you see around corners and over walls, so you want to use it all the time if you are playing that mode.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
They're two separate modes.

Third is where you die because someone saw you by swinging their camera around while still remaining completely behind cover in a game that otherwise tries to be tediously realistic.

First is where you're constantly seasick and can't drive because your screen is 90% dashboard and to win you need to mash the lean key all the time like an idiot.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i have no idea how people lean so well. q and e is awkward if you want to side step at the same time. i tried a bunch of other key configs and none of them worked that well. putting it on shift-a and shift-d almost works great but you get stuck in the lean pose if you release the keys in the wrong order. maybe i need an autohotkey script to smooth it out.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Zo posted:

i have no idea how people lean so well. q and e is awkward if you want to side step at the same time. i tried a bunch of other key configs and none of them worked that well. putting it on shift-a and shift-d almost works great but you get stuck in the lean pose if you release the keys in the wrong order. maybe i need an autohotkey script to smooth it out.

I have swapped my lean keys. So Q is right and E is left. I find this is a little better, but still clunky.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

They need to make the speed the blue circle closes at proportionate to the amount of people that are still alive. Since FPP came out I find that in solos it quite often gets down to <30 people by the time the first circle closes and the rest of the match is empty unless you have a car and can go for air drops where you're likely run into people at least.

It's like the opposite of that one clip of some dudes playing in the asia server a few months after early access started and by the time of the first circle closing they notice that there's still 93 people alive :v:

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Zo posted:

You can set it to hold or toggle. Or even double-tap to hold. I use the double. I can still hold for little peeks, or if I want to stay leaned in one direction while moving, I double-tap. Leaning again or sprinting breaks the hold, I think.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hellsau posted:

I was queued with goons playing on NA yesterday and noticed way more asian player names than usual, so I'm wondering if this isn't something along the lines of what is actually going on?

Macaluso posted:

Someone in the subreddit made an offhand comment about the Unity store-bought assets in the game. Is that true? If that's the case, have they said anything about planning on replacing everything with their own stuff at some point?

I ask mostly because I haven't really hard much of anything regarding that from people, and usually games using store bought assents get a ton of (I feel deserved) flack that this game hasn't been getting (that I've seen anyway, I'm pretty new to following this game). I mean sure it's Early Access but the game has been around for a bit now

People poo poo on those games because they're usually garbage low effort games which use those assets to get the effort the devs have to put in as close to zero as possible, so that they can churn out another 200 of them. They're the sort of low quality garbage that people have been complaining about clogging up the steam store.

The only reason for anyone to have a problem with store bought assets outside of that is that a dev might be using super high polygon count models that make the game run like poo poo, but as someone else already said they're using simplygon which is supposed to optimise that for them. Anyone else claiming to have a problem has probably only heard about those pesky "unity asset flips" but don't know why they're bad or what the problem is and are hopping on the bandwagon.

Odobenidae posted:

They need to make the speed the blue circle closes at proportionate to the amount of people that are still alive. Since FPP came out I find that in solos it quite often gets down to <30 people by the time the first circle closes and the rest of the match is empty unless you have a car and can go for air drops where you're likely run into people at least.

It's like the opposite of that one clip of some dudes playing in the asia server a few months after early access started and by the time of the first circle closing they notice that there's still 93 people alive :v:

Part of that is I think a cultural thing about how different groups play, western players seem to be more aggressive and willing to take risks while Asian(but chinese especially) players are overly cautious. Dota 2 has a really good example of this from it's big valve hosted tournament where a game with chinese teams facing off against eachother lasted over an hour and a half when games are often half that length, and it was all because neither side wanted to try to make a move against the other unless they were sure they'd come out on top.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
met this (almost) lucky lil bugger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Jtigo7x38

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

lohli posted:

they're using simplygon

They might have the logo on the splash screen, but if they ARE using it they're doing a piss poor job with it. They've let it go HAM with whatever automatic/default settings it has, but it's hosed up a bunch. Next time you have a plane flying close enough to the spawn island, check out the giant squished sphere that is the LOD mesh for what I think is the crashed plane there. Same for all the clay buildings people keep seeing.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
This game needs region lock badly. There is Zero reason for the Chinese to be on the American server.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

daslog posted:

This game needs region lock badly. There is Zero reason for the Chinese to be on the American server.

China doesn't have their own server and rather than host a Chinese server bluehole decided to put in-game ads into the Chinese version advertising ping boosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

daslog posted:

they're investing okay

• Locked thread