Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unless they changed it, kassatsu makes every doton tick a crit. it was one of the strongest aoes in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Noob question (I've googled this without any luck): Can I bind an emote to a hotkey somehow?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

serious norman posted:

Noob question (I've googled this without any luck): Can I bind an emote to a hotkey somehow?

Of course you can! You can access the emotes panel I think in the Social menu and move them to your hotbars

edit: and you can keybind to a slot on an invisible hotbar somewhere in the settings if you don't want to see the icon

Shy fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 4, 2017

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

This is hideous and amazing. I want a house so I can make it look like this.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/ca42d41cbd6e7849ba92978235f0d5dc926e72db

So I heard you didn't have a million days in this game and still wanted to look like Cloud/Leon/Zidane.

Edit: also cheevo points are now actually worth something.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 4, 2017

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Oh hey, looks like they're adding compact versions of the Job UI elements. There's only the JP Blog, but the images speak for themselves.
https://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002172.html

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 4, 2017

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

i am tim! posted:

Oh hey, looks like they're adding compact versions of the Job UI elements. There's only the JP Blog, but it's the images speak for themselves.

Oh thank god. I just shove this poo poo out of the way near my map (especially for paladin) because you can either use sheltron or you can't.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Brainamp posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/ca42d41cbd6e7849ba92978235f0d5dc926e72db

So I heard you didn't have a million days in this game and still wanted to look like Cloud/Leon/Zidane.

Edit: also cheevo points are now actually worth something.

Huh, neat
Firion's gear might look good for Dragooning

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty good that they've done that with the vet rewards.

Shame the Squall jacket comes with all that bling. Would be sick casual glamour otherwise, it's a bit too ornamental with it.

On the flip side, gently caress S-E for dumping all this glamour into my bags with nowhere to put it.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

It would be nice if those showed up on the calamity scavenger.

Also means I get the squall outfit a few months early. So I'll have a new PLD glam for a while at least.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
But does it still take 960 Days to get the Wind-Up Firion and Wild Rose Barding?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You can armoire the veteran reward stuff, though.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But does it still take 960 Days to get the Wind-Up Firion and Wild Rose Barding?

You would buy those with cheevo points/tokens now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You can buy it with achi points now instead, it seems.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, cool.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

i am tim! posted:

Oh hey, looks like they're adding compact versions of the Job UI elements. There's only the JP Blog, but the images speak for themselves.

This looks really good. Also they added a countdown for the Hotshot buff to the MCH guage so they might be doing something similar for other jobs.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Is the assumption that old rewards for those tiers move to cheevo points all, or some switch positions on the system?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Why has the MB screeched to a halt? I'm trying to clear out my bags and hopefully have enough money for a house next week. :negative:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Phone posted:

Why has the MB screeched to a halt? I'm trying to clear out my bags and hopefully have enough money for a house next week. :negative:

ded gaem

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Phone posted:

So is everyone else

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It doesn't help that I hit 50 in botany and started to grind carpenter up to 50 for cross class skills. :/

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pretty good that they've done that with the vet rewards.

Shame the Squall jacket comes with all that bling. Would be sick casual glamour otherwise, it's a bit too ornamental with it.

On the flip side, gently caress S-E for dumping all this glamour into my bags with nowhere to put it.

Vet reward glams can be put in the armoire.

I'm a bit conflicted because I think I am *almost* to the point of getting the Cloud gear under the old system but now it'll just be tossed at me like I was some sort of pleb. :colbert:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I'd just gotten the Wild Rose Barding/ Firion minion, so I'll be...getting the last two outfits without really trying, I guess?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

serious norman posted:

Another way is to make a macro with /playdead motion (or whatever) for when you want to fall over dead without having the game announce it in chat.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Try making a macro that has "/handover motion" and spamming it on a lalafell a bunch without anyone targetted.

Congrats, your character is now scratching their rear end

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Thundarr posted:

In the Goblet one of the mansions is on sort of an island jutting out from the edge, with just a cottage next to it. Your goal is to buy that cottage and apply a Chocobo exterior wall.

So I went to look at this plot to see what it looked like and I found some kind of weird Moogle deathcult thing :staredog:

All the while the Moogle King music is just blaring throughout this house.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The dgkk fc house has you immediately enter into an unholy moogle summoning ritual

It rules

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bolow posted:

So I went to look at this plot to see what it looked like and I found some kind of weird Moogle deathcult thing :staredog:

All the while the Moogle King music is just blaring throughout this house.

You ever dance with a Moogle in the pale moonlight?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Bit the bullet and had to admit I wasn't going to have the money for a house come patch day, so I bought an apartment. Same difference I suppose, and a gently caress ton cheaper.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think I've gone in my apartment since a week after they got opened

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Phone posted:

The dgkk fc house has you immediately enter into an unholy moogle summoning ritual

It rules

I much prefer it to the old gimmick of "hide the mender behind a piece of furniture where nobody can find it"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Bit the bullet and had to admit I wasn't going to have the money for a house come patch day, so I bought an apartment. Same difference I suppose, and a gently caress ton cheaper.

The only difference is you can't use outdoor furnishings.

I think they should add balconies to apartments. A small, instanced area looking out over the countryside that you can place maybe 5 outdoor items on.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Apartment questions:

Is it possible to own an apartment AND an FC room?
Can you teleport to the apartment building like with FC house teleports?
If yes, is it permanently discounted compared to how much it would cost you to teleport to the attached main city? (Again, as with FC house teleports?)

I may wind up grabbing an apartment in the Mist just so I can keep that teleport cheap and/or free.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

slev posted:

I've been making a token effort to try and start using mine since I keep flipflopping on switching FCs or not. Also I just, have it, so I may as well try

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Apartment questions:

If yes, is it permanently discounted compared to how much it would cost you to teleport to the attached main city? (Again, as with FC house teleports?)

I may wind up grabbing an apartment in the Mist just so I can keep that teleport cheap and/or free.

Yes to all of the above.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Apartment questions:

Yes x3

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

comingafteryouall posted:

Try making a macro that has "/handover motion" and spamming it on a lalafell a bunch without anyone targetted.

Congrats, your character is now scratching their rear end

Perfect for the Zidane outfit.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Rhonne posted:

Also, on the harder difficulty, this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ccrOAN6nNI

Wow, that was really cool!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

slev posted:

I like decorating, and chilling. Also like to see how other people have decorated. I’ve always been a giant player owned housing nerd in games that have it available.

In a few other games I would set up my house to have conversation nooks where you could have friends over and bullshit n stuff.

Over the years I feel like mmos have become less sociable in that way.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dick Trauma posted:

They did a pretty good job of conveying just how *wrong* NED is into his FFXIV cameo. It's a fun fight too (then a healer underestimates how much healing is needed in the next three seconds or somebody faces the wrong direction for a mechanic and everybody dies horribly/hilariously).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

i am tim! posted:

Those babby gauges are great.

The Hot Shot gauge for MCH is good, too. I main the job and I still occasionally forget to apply it...

Dick Trauma posted:

Heck yeah. Pretty sure everyone got mindblown when they first saw this clip a couple months ago. I really like this concept of completely changing up the final raid of the Savage version.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 4, 2017