Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want all dogs to be bred like this and when they bark they make skeeters "honk honk" noise from Doug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN9sw5eJZjw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Aesop Poprock posted:

I want all dogs to be bred like this and when they bark they make skeeters "honk honk" noise from Doug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN9sw5eJZjw

doggo is too small. no room for a saddle.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

Purebred humans also develop hip problems. Problems are a matter of age even in perfectly well developed breeds because the dogs just have to die of something

I mean, yea. Much like with animals the human gene pool is only improved by widening it up, good point I guess?

Owning a purebreed doesn't instantly make you Hitler But For Dogs but you really can't expect a lot of people to be sympathetic to an argument that boils down to 'well the dog I have is cool so it bums me out when you guys talk about how multiple dog breeds are literally unable to function as dogs any more because of breeding programs'.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You guys are making me want to go out and get my own dog, which would have to be a small one because hey, apartment life.

Good thing I'm distracted by the fact that I'm dogsitting for my dad this week. A shih tzu-havanese mix (my dad calls it a havashit) that they got from an "amateur breeder" (Read: They have a shih tzu and a havanese, and let them bang whenever, and sell the resulting mutts because that pair luckily makes for cute genetics). She's quite smart, seeming to often understand very basic words and sentences like a 2 year old, but she's also a crazy ball of fluff that tears around the house and barks at any person or dog besides my family and can't stand to be alone. So, eh, it's a mix of qualities.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
mutts are the best anyways. besides they just like show up at your house for free

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Sorry to detract from DOGCHAT guys, but I remember this one poster who posted about posing as underaged kids online in order to hunt pedos and I can't remember what his username was only that someone found all these cringey photos of him and his wife and then everyone just tore him apart. It was pretty good, he was creepy.

Tia if anyone can find it, I've been trying to remember his name and I can't

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HOLY gently caress posted:

Sorry to detract from DOGCHAT guys, but I remember this one poster who posted about posing as underaged kids online in order to hunt pedos and I can't remember what his username was only that someone found all these cringey photos of him and his wife and then everyone just tore him apart. It was pretty good, he was creepy.

Tia if anyone can find it, I've been trying to remember his name and I can't

It wasn't Xavier von Erck from Perverted Justice was it? He posted on another forum I used to post on and basically got run off after a while cause he was insanely douchey but I don't know if he posted here or not. Seems like he would have in the early 2000s. He was part of the group that did To Catch a Predator

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

That doesn't ring a bell, do you have any links? Unless it was earlier in the thread in which case I apologize, sometimes I have forums amnesia :saddowns:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HOLY gently caress posted:

That doesn't ring a bell, do you have any links? Unless it was earlier in the thread in which case I apologize, sometimes I have forums amnesia :saddowns:

I'm pretty sure he did post here but I have no idea of links or anything, I just vaguely remember him mentioning something awful a lot in the mid 2000s when he still vaguely posted on the Oratory wrestling forum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perverted-Justice

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I heard in Korea they literally breed huge, lazy dogs for apartment living, with their laziness being a selling point.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

I heard in Korea they literally breed huge, lazy dogs for apartment living, with their laziness being a selling point.

thats nothing, in the United States we do that for humans

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

If you want a dog that will laze and sleep for 23 hours 55 mins of the day, adopt a retired greyhound.

It's just that 5 mins of the day, they will want to haul rear end, so have a decent sized FENCED IN backyard. I had a friend that had one, it would do an ambling circuit around the yard doing it's business when it went outside EXCEPT for 3:30 in the afternoon. Then it would be a blur running it's little heart out and then come trotting in all happy, drink a poo poo ton of water and then collapse on the couch.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Oct 4, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Proteus Jones posted:

If you want a dog that will laze and sleep for 23 hours 55 mins of the day, adopt a retired greyhound.

It's just that 5 mins of the day, they will want to haul rear end, so have a decent sized FENCED IN backyard. I had a friend that had one, it would do an ambling circuit around the yard doing it's business when it went outside EXCEPT for 3:30 in the afternoon. Then it would be a blur running it's little heart out and then come trotting in all happy, drink a poo poo ton of water and then collapse on the couch.

adopted greyhounds make me so happy

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I want a French Bulldog but probably won't ever get one. How horrible of a person does that make me? Probably a lot, huh? They have that smushed up face that I'm pretty sure means really gross things.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Grem posted:

I want a French Bulldog but probably won't ever get one. How horrible of a person does that make me? Probably a lot, huh? They have that smushed up face that I'm pretty sure means really gross things.

If you get one from a rescue you'll be fine. Don't leave it out in the sun, though. The smushed face means they are worse at regulating their body temp and overheat easily.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Breed Greyhounds with Bulldogs just to see what the resulting beast looks like, IMO.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Breed Greyhounds with Bulldogs just to see what the resulting beast looks like, IMO.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Grem posted:

Short Mugs Rescue Squad.

If you get an adorably stupid pigdog, you won't regret it, but it will be more expensive for food/care compared to most others, especially if you rescue because dogs don't get treated too well at mills.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rough Lobster posted:

Bullhounds or Greydogs?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Inescapable Duck posted:

Bullhounds or Greydogs?

Groundhogs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Aesop Poprock posted:

he's not the cock hero we need, but he's the one we deserve

eh, sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Grem posted:

I hope they take your eyes last

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

And speaking of breeds people obsess over, [something about pitbulls].

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I was going to post this in funny quotes but the context is a long and still-unfolding goon saga. Yospos guy decides an open marriage will solve his relationship problems, thread eventually switches from yos to e/n both figuratively and literally as his behavior wrecks his family and marriage. It inspired a goldmined fyad thread along the way, which is up there with bloody coughs and seizures as a sign that you should probably be discussing your issues with a professional instead of lifehacking your way around them.

Control Volume posted:

a long sad sigh as i cross out "wife" from professions that like to deepthroat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I remember that thread getting as tedious as a computer guy's sex blog would be expected. Is there a highlight reel?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Syd Midnight posted:

And speaking of breeds people obsess over, [something about pitbulls].

sup. the murderdog thread went to archives but i will gladly :words: you to death about mauldoggos

bulldog guy, get a rescue plz

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sneakyfrog posted:

sup. the murderdog thread went to archives but i will gladly :words: you to death about mauldoggos

bulldog guy, get a rescue plz

Do I misremember or murderdogs is a bannable offence on the account of lowtax owning one?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Paladinus posted:

Do I misremember or murderdogs is a bannable offence on the account of lowtax owning one?

uhhh... considering I named the thread "Murderdogs: Euth em all." my thought is no.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
One of my favorite posts on the forums involved a multiple murderbeast owner who defended them as harmless while simultaneously describing the state of constant civil war between her and the dogs that she had to fight with an elaborate system of pressure chambers and sealed corridors that divided her house into a number of self contained units that couldn't be inhabited by more than one animal at a time.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

steinrokkan posted:

One of my favorite posts on the forums involved a multiple murderbeast owner who defended them as harmless while simultaneously describing the state of constant civil war between her and the dogs that she had to fight with an elaborate system of pressure chambers and sealed corridors that divided her house into a number of self contained units that couldn't be inhabited by more than one animal at a time.

i think those folks are why the actual thread kinda languished, "hi i have 3 kids and i was thinking about a maremma to help herd the kids lol"

:fuckoff:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Syd Midnight posted:

mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate m8 mate

gently caress, that dude's posting is insufferable.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sneakyfrog posted:

i think those folks are why the actual thread kinda languished, "hi i have 3 kids and i was thinking about a maremma to help herd the kids lol"

:fuckoff:

Is that the woman who posted a thread looking for advice for how to take care of a maremma, was unanimously told that her and and her housing/family situation was the absolute worst fit for it, and refused to listen to any of the advice because (and this was the only reason she would give) she'd wanted one since she was a child?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZMnF1VNlE

HOCKEY SCORES

quote:

The song was not among the five selected by the CBC as semi-finalists.[4]

We were robbed.

If anyone can find the original thread about this, link it. Google failed me.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is that the woman who posted a thread looking for advice for how to take care of a maremma, was unanimously told that her and and her housing/family situation was the absolute worst fit for it, and refused to listen to any of the advice because (and this was the only reason she would give) she'd wanted one since she was a child?

yeah. folks like that and the helicopter furbaby moms and dads are the goddamn worst.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

TTerrible posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZMnF1VNlE

HOCKEY SCORES

We were robbed.

If anyone can find the original thread about this, link it. Google failed me.

that and Vote for Rory are SAS' finest achievements

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

the old ceremony posted:

i'm a purebred jew

Doesn't that make you flatbread?

Rough Lobster posted:

I demand that the dog breeders of the world unite and resolve in breeding only the healthiest, friendliest, but most physically powerful dogs the world has ever seen. I demand cold noses, strong hearts, and enormous stompy paws.

Also no shedding please.

Can someone dig up an Enhydra Lutis thread or maybe his posts in the dating (I think) thread? I haven't seen them in so long and I'm stuck on my phone.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

FishBowlRobot posted:

gently caress, that dude's posting is insufferable.

Just imagine every "mate" he types out as being representative of an instance in which he mated with human :females:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rough Lobster posted:

I demand that the dog breeders of the world unite and resolve in breeding only the healthiest, friendliest, but most physically powerful dogs the world has ever seen. I demand cold noses, strong hearts, and enormous stompy paws.

Hoshi posted:

Also no shedding please.

Those already exist. They are called standard poodles :smugdog:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Paladinus posted:

I think you're thinking of the time LadyAmbien posted about her rescue pitbulls in GBS. A PI regular/longtime pitbull owner/certified dog trainer disagreed with something she was doing and got permabanned for insolence.

No details because it was like two years ago hell if I remember :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I think you're thinking of the time LadyAmbien posted about her rescue pitbulls in GBS. A PI regular/longtime pitbull owner/certified dog trainer disagreed with something she was doing and got permabanned for insolence.

No details because it was like two years ago hell if I remember :shrug:

nah that was a different one

this is the one i meant http://archive.is/ytcqk

cant find the thread because uh... forums is broked up today i think

e: oops sorry you were responding to a different post my bad