Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

lmao mass shootings have become viral marketing for the weapon industry

there was an insane newsletter push for gun sales stuff the day afterward. they love this poo poo because after trump won gun prices cratered and now they get to push the "they're stealing your guns" line again

you could make a shitload of money by buying guns when there's a republican in office and selling them when a dem comes in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

also canadian gun culture

there are more firearms per person up here than in the states

canadians arent people silly

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We'd repeal all the existing pointless gun laws, so you could have an old timey two barreled shotgun with a silencer and a folding stock

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Tired of leaving a body count in the single digit? Try our new DeathAdder bump stock! A minimum dozen dead guaranteed or your money back.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Phi230 posted:

You'd have to slag almost every gun made in the last 150 years

I'd be fine with a gun buyback repurposing them for law enforcement or military.
I garuntee some of these gun nuts have better hardware then what our government buys.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

It'd be unconstitutional beyond even the 2A

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus what a rear end in a top hat. if i was ever shot in one of these awful incidents. i wouldnt want this fat gently caress wandering in my room so he can send some mock sympathy my way.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'd be fine with a gun buyback repurposing them for law enforcement or military.
I garuntee some of these gun nuts have better hardware then what our government buys.

what? gently caress no!!!!!! holy poo poo no

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Baloogan posted:

i think yall should adopt canadian gun laws :shrug:

are you canadaian, or america? you can no longer be both.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phi230 posted:

It'd be unconstitutional beyond even the 2A

the constitution can suck my balls

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

We'd repeal all the existing pointless gun laws, so you could have an old timey two barreled shotgun with a silencer and a folding stock

then we'd just have a nation full of the guy from no country for old men, but even more sociopathic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

any reasonable gun control program will also require disarming the police

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

Let's give all of our guns to fascists!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

Ok you've banned clips now what about magazines

Are stripper clips and reload assistants banned too because my friend has arthritis and can't reload without one

i already banned external magazines earlier, i added a clip ban specifically to make it slower to reload rifles with internal magazines

i'm gonna stop talking about this now though, because

1) the point i wanted to make in the op was that a good gun control law would target the rate of fire rather than specific technical design details

2) yes i want to slag most of the existing guns in america, which i know is impossible

3) holy gently caress am i tired of gunchat

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

I only own antique, vintage, or surplus guns and it would suck to slag them

Museum them I guess

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus what a rear end in a top hat. if i was ever shot in one of these awful incidents. i wouldnt want this fat gently caress wandering in my room so he can send some mock sympathy my way.

they already got a miley cyrus / adam sandler tribute song, too

like jesus christ dying in any sort of tragedy or military action during the trump years means the agony never ends

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Al! posted:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the good news is your chance to do this increases almost monthly

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Al! posted:

what? gently caress no!!!!!! holy poo poo no

Cops having military grade guns is bad
But civilians having them is waaaaaaaaaay worse

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HAHAHAHAHA. Somewhere in the middle there is a shot of Trump pointing to whiteboard that says #MAGA.

And you can totally tell it was written by a different hand than the other stuff on the board. It was obviously put there just for the moment.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

I did a thing posted:

are you canadaian, or america? you can no longer be both.

im both

im too crazy for canada but too sane for 'merica

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I would so I can punch him in his fat orange face

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
post ur gunz

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Duscat posted:

1) the point i wanted to make in the op was that a good gun control law would target the rate of fire rather than specific technical design details

I dunno seems like simply banning handguns outside of single-shot ones would do a lot, provided you had a good way to effectively buyback most of them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

then we'd just have a nation full of the guy from no country for old men, but even more sociopathic

that bolt gun he had didn't actually work, it was all faked with movie magic

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Realtalk though, Kelly Tillerson and Mattis will go in the next two weeks and now that there's a new DA you know the next move is Mueller is fired and nothing will matter.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

mwahahahhahahahahahahahhaah

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Weeping Wound posted:

someone once posted in one of these threads about how the Evangelical lifestyle more or less pertains around church. that it revolves entirely around church means that all aspects of life, such as school, extracurriculars, shopping, employment, cultural and societal cues and all that are more or less covered in a single location or close by.

this is one of those types of bastions of insane white people

we call that sharia law

oops wait not we don't, that's the other kinda of religious law that people think supercedes government law, and that's BAD

but only when they do it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Ok, got the ol' panopticon running... reading everyone's emails cool cool. Oh hey check this out I can read my ex-gf's txt messages! Also, how come people didn't call us and tell us about this murderer before that happened?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Also, Trump is like dead center in most of the shots and present in almost every single one.

This whole video is NOT about the victims, it's all about Trump being seen with the victims.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

HAHAHAHAHA. Somewhere in the middle there is a shot of Trump pointing to whiteboard that says #MAGA.

And you can totally tell it was written by a different hand than the other stuff on the board. It was obviously put there just for the moment.

lol you can see the remnants of whatever was written previously not fully wiped off.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

Cops having military grade guns is bad
But civilians having them is waaaaaaaaaay worse

i would rather civilians have any guns than the police

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/869630743839768576

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hey guess what, as you age and your brain literally melts from old disease you become more likely to vote for republicans.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Phi230 posted:

Ok you've banned clips now what about magazines

Are stripper clips and reload assistants banned too because my friend has arthritis and can't reload without one

New law your friend has to reload everyones clips.

Bad guy fires 6 shots, cant reload. Meanwhile good guys with guns are being reloaded by the arthritic guy, guess who's getting shot as soon as he's done?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bring the efficiency and quality of life improvements of the world's greatest healthcare system to guns by requiring gun insurance through your employer

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

interestingly, black powder weapons are considered antiques and don't fall under the typical "firearm" definition, so even felons and nutjobs can buy them off of the shelf at a wal-mart with no background check

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The words "flag" and "stands" are in the first 5 words of the lyrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

they already got a miley cyrus / adam sandler tribute song, too

like jesus christ dying in any sort of tragedy or military action during the trump years means the agony never ends

yeah pretty much. except maybe after a month, the media/celebs/pity job offers stop calling/caring and your left with all the awful poo poo like medical bills, PTSD and assholes who think your a crisis actor so they harass you.

• Locked thread