Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

harperdc posted:

Spicy take: I actually quite like current Fuji Speedway, it's a very nice place to watch motor racing and I'm excited to head there again for the WEC in a couple weeks. Also watching that lap there is so much temporary grandstand seating up at Fuji there, they must've had a ton of people. Understandable but still massive compared to how many people go for the next-biggest event.

SuperGT races at Fuji are the loving jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont compare Sir Jackie to Grossjean for fucks sake

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

In news that hasn't surprised anyone, Australia's Ten TV network has dropped its F1 coverage except for the Australian GP:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/10/05/tens-decision-cut-f1-shocking-yet-unsurprising/

That kills off 40+ years of Formula One telecasts on Australian FTA TV

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

In news that hasn't surprised anyone, Australia's Ten TV network has dropped its F1 coverage except for the Australian GP:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/10/05/tens-decision-cut-f1-shocking-yet-unsurprising/

That kills off 40+ years of Formula One telecasts on Australian FTA TV

They have a competitive and winning driver in Danny R. so lol?

NOTE: did not click the link nor will I ever

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You Am I posted:

Australia's Ten TV network has dropped its F1 coverage except for the Australian GP

Which has to be covered by an Australian FTA TV station under anti-siphoning laws Which under anti-siphoning laws, free to air commercial networks have the first right of refusal on; if ten dropped it 7 would probably pick it up for peanuts (Anti-siphoning laws are the same laws Fox has spent forever and ever trying to get overturned in a desperate attempt to get the AFL and NRL finals exclusively on Fox).

I'm not saddened by this because I don't watch TV outside of a bit of footy here and there and also because it starts at like 8 and runs through to like 1AM but it is what it is. I'm also fairly confident they just simulcast the Sky feed so I can do that from my PC anyway.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm a touch concerned about the streaming service being theorized in this thread because I watch F1 on Foxtel Go, and while the app itself is crap, it is at least ad free during the race. All the talk from the US guys about interruptions on a paid service similar to existing services is disturbing.

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010
1500 can you review Stone IPA?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The greatest crime Ron Dennis ever committed was forcing Montoya out of Formula 1.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
the f1 streaming service wont have ads mid race

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Not that Matchett or Hobbes have any idea what patreon is, but I wonder how much it'd take to get them to just talk over a stream.

I can't decide which day of the week was worse, Monday or Today.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Anyone else see the outstanding irony of the inventor of the Clare William’s jokes getting banned for telling lowtax that SA isn’t the place for comedy body shaming and misogyny?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Just had a look at that thread. Seemed like pretty standard GBS fare to me, mock an internet crazy for doing dumb poo poo. :shrug:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Anyone who ever went on Lowtax's twitter to see why the forums were broken could see that he has a thing for mocking and baiting nazi's. :shrug:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Apologies for the Johnny, but turns out Vettel is bad

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11067518/sky-sports-f1-exclusive-new-footage-of-sebastian-vettel-lance-stroll-crash-released

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I'm a touch concerned about the streaming service being theorized in this thread because I watch F1 on Foxtel Go, and while the app itself is crap, it is at least ad free during the race. All the talk from the US guys about interruptions on a paid service similar to existing services is disturbing.

Well, that's different. Those aren't on true dedicated sport apps - as in for NBA or MLB - but instead apps like FOXTEL Go in Australia. Formula 1 is on NBCSN's app, which is only accessible if you already have a cable subscription. It (and Fox and ESPN's) are alternative options for existing subscribers, whereas a F1 dedicated app would be only for the sport.

The most fun is the NBA App going to the in-arena production during TV advertisements, it's a trip.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

NtotheTC posted:

still lmbo that the hill Myrddin_Emrys chose to die on was "Lowtax is a bastard for making fun of Nazis"

and also that he reported iospace once

and he was a rosberg fan

lmao

Eh, he was a vocal brexit nobber, it's not surprising at all

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://streamable.com/3j8gx

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Have Honda fixed their engine problems? That McLaren seems to be going mu h faster than usual

e: also lol at anyone who defended Vettel for the stroll incident in Malaysia.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Vettel responded: "I don't think he looked in his mirrors, he wasn't aware. He said he was just picking up rubber but picking up rubber doesn't justify changing direction and driving into someone."

I guess Vettel's cracked under the pressure and started referring to himself in the third person

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

This is stupid because it was obvious Vettel was at fault with the footage already shown.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nah. Both drivers kept a consistent steering angle, just Stroll's was a lot shallower than Vettel's.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The resident Man City fans jumping on the guy on the red team :rolleyes:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Theophany posted:

Nah. Both drivers kept a consistent steering angle, just Stroll's was a lot shallower than Vettel's.

So you're saying Vettel crashed into someone moving in a consistent and predictable way?

Sounds familiar 🤔

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

HJB posted:

The resident Man City fans jumping on the guy on the red team :rolleyes:

You say this like it's a bad thing

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

I fear that a successful career as an engineer has passed me by.

I didn't read this but I'm glad you put the effort in

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Skarsnik posted:

So you're saying Vettel crashed into someone moving in a consistent and predictable way?

Sounds familiar 🤔

Consistent and predictable in your particular version of reality, yes.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol at you fuckers taking that retard Stroll side over Seb Vettel of Scuderia Ferrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm torn. I love the Scud, but I've backed myself into a corner on the whole Stroll worship thing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If Vettel had a proper Newey car he would have been able to get around Stroll on the cool down lap without issue. Very sad that he drives an Italian car.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/di-resta-kubica-williams-tests-massa-961457/

lmao when are they going to put this broken-brained pissbaby out of his misery and put him out to pasture?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

If Vettel had a proper Newey car he would have been able to get around Stroll on the cool down lap without issue. Very sad that he drives an Italian car.

Delete this.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh gently caress yes the F1 channel just posted one of my favourite F1 battles of all time! Nobody ever seems to remember or talk about this but its that last lap fight between Big Bobby K and Massa in his Prime at Fuji in the wet. I still remember watching this live and just going holy poo poo every time they punted each other off track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnxUu36-uYw

Phwoooooar always loved Massa, he's much better than that one armed polish guy.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/di-resta-kubica-williams-tests-massa-961457/

lmao when are they going to put this broken-brained pissbaby out of his misery and put him out to pasture?

Turn youre monitore

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Massa's eventual second retirement walk is going to be so awkward

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Fake news :yooge:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

Lol at you fuckers taking that retard Stroll side over Seb Vettel of Scuderia Ferrari

I agree that Strollis bad, so the fact that for once in this case he did nothing wrong and Vettel drove into him is actually more damning of Vettel

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

I agree that Strollis bad, so the fact that for once in this case he did nothing wrong and Vettel drove into him is actually more damning of Vettel

Stroll is good. :colbert:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
at crashing

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
the record for youngest rookie driver podium :smuggo:

Adbot