Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I only played the first level so far and it's pretty great. Looks and plays like an SNES game. Didn't see any option for IAP and I'm not sure what they would sell anyway. Collecting all of a certain item apparently unlocks a trailer for the new season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't that the show where a bunch of people freak out over Trump being elected and then clowns show up?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Agoat posted:

Isn't that the show where a bunch of people freak out over Trump being elected and then clowns show up?

Is this a joke, because it's bad if it is.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Agoat posted:

No that's BoJack Horseman.

Anyway season 2 of Telltale Batman is up on the store.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

No that's BoJack Horseman.

Anyway season 2 of Telltale Batman is up on the store.

Was that any good, Batman i mean?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is this a joke, because it's bad if it is.

Actually that was American Horror Story. I don't know what stranger things is.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Was that any good, Batman i mean?

I thought season 1 was decent enough, and it makes some interesting and unexpected changes to the lore.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Agoat posted:

Actually that was American Horror Story. I don't know what stranger things is.

An sad attempt to cash in on 80s nostalgia.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Kheldarn posted:

An awesome attempt to cash in on 80s nostalgia.

And it totally worked. Don't listen to the haters, they were born in the wrong decade and they're salty about it.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=zdzp1280

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I'm not fond of Digimon but there's a new Digimon battling and raising game out on the Play Store for those interested. It was originally released in Japan last year.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Is it sadder than a horror story about the president

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Kheldarn posted:

Stranger Things was loving awesome. You're just wrong.

Relevant: still trying to figure out if I like Pocket Mine 3 yet.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
What's the progression path I should be taking in pocket mine? Focus on doing the adventures or the events? Save cash to upgrade the blacksmith or cards? Spend coins on crafting lower level gear or trading it in for more rare coins?

I'm in the desert levels and can't get to the bottom of the levels anymore.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Hobo Clown posted:

I only played the first level so far and it's pretty great. Looks and plays like an SNES game. Didn't see any option for IAP and I'm not sure what they would sell anyway. Collecting all of a certain item apparently unlocks a trailer for the new season.

I was really having fun with this but it lost my save. I went quit game last night, it says it will save your progress, only it didn't.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Montalvo posted:

What's the progression path I should be taking in pocket mine? Focus on doing the adventures or the events? Save cash to upgrade the blacksmith or cards? Spend coins on crafting lower level gear or trading it in for more rare coins?

I'm in the desert levels and can't get to the bottom of the levels anymore.

The more you spend on the blacksmith the higher the level of the picks, which means they get more hits and you can reach lower levels. That said, you need more tokens per level, so don't just smash the upgrade button a million times with lovely equipment like I did, and have to suffer through getting more tokens with whatever poo poo I had.

Though I'm finding a little bit of everything is fun, so do whatever.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Anyone else notice how inconsisten the game speed is when playing pocket mine? Sometimes it seems like I have to move very quickly through a mine and the characters and everything move lightning fast whereas other times it feels slow and like I have a ton of time to decide where to go.

Not sure but I think the game is just poorly optimized and sometimes tends to bottleneck.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Knifegrab posted:

Anyone else notice how inconsisten the game speed is when playing pocket mine? Sometimes it seems like I have to move very quickly through a mine and the characters and everything move lightning fast whereas other times it feels slow and like I have a ton of time to decide where to go.

Not sure but I think the game is just poorly optimized and sometimes tends to bottleneck.

Yes absolutely. When first installed it was very slow, then a few days later sped up a lot and I thought something was wrong. But then I realized the initial slower speed was actually wrong.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Knifegrab posted:

for me it's usually onyl bottlenecked when i hit a bomb that sets off three lightnings on one of the 2 or 3x difficulty zones, seems to be that all the different poo poo it has to animate suddenly throws a spanner in the works. frankly im baffled they still havent implemented some kind of offer system. i've got a bunch of maxed out common tier sets and some uncommon ones too that i'd love to just put up so that anyone starting can grab a bunch to get some cards but nope just gotta wait for people to request single ones i guess

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
just kidding im not baffled that would make it too easy for people to get away with not grinding out sets to get their first cards going lol

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Softlaunch Review Of Puzzle Fighter

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Whoever posted about Minesweeper Collector is my hero. The game is excellent and has a ton of content.

For years I never had the patience to figure out minesweeper, but now I feel like a pro.

Thank you.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone have a good apk for Puzzle Fighter?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
My stranger things save game came back. I guess they patched it.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

APKPure

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Any try out pixel starships?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Zotix posted:

I'm playing it and as a fan of FTL I'm really liking most of it, but the multiplayer seems 1v1 asynchronous PvP only for now, so not really sure how it's an MMO other than having a general chat channel. Hopefully they add some coop stuff.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
If I could get a system-wide block on push notifications from games, I'd live a happier and more fulfilling life.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
You can do it on a per-app basis if you go to Settings->Sound & notifications->App notifications.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011
Long pressing the notification itself will take you to the notification settings for that app.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Zotix posted:

I tried it out for a couple of days and had fun with it, but there is a lot of work that needs to go into it as far as fleshing out the core mechanics. There's not a lot to do yet so it relies heavily on needing a lot of resources to upgrade things coupled with the standard premium currency for speeding up ship upgrades and stuff.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Check APKMirror. 99% of the time, when a writer has to sideload an app to write a review, they upload it there. APKMirror is run by Android Police, so it's safe.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
New Pocket Mine 3 update adds legendary gloves, ability to upgrade crafting to level 40. Rubies for extra card slots, one per card per run. More adventure worlds and other stuff. Somehow though I can't upgrade my epic tokens to legendary ones anymore.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kheldarn posted:

Check APKMirror. 99% of the time, when a writer has to sideload an app to write a review, they upload it there. APKMirror is run by Android Police, so it's safe.

Looks like the game doesn't support Android 8, which is a bummer since I'm on a Pixel XL.. Oh well, I'll wait like everyone else.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Kheldarn posted:

sorry, gotta take a lil dump on your post here. i really think it is in every Android user's interest to be extremely careful of grey-market app store like this, regardless of who they are run by. the reality here is that even the official app stores run by google and amazon have serious issues with bad apps, so saying "oh hey but this one is good because it's run by an android blog that lights up your adblock like a pinball machine" isn't a good argument. i know most people reading this thread understand this already but imo it's something to always keep vigilant about

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Konsek posted:

New Pocket Mine 3 update adds legendary gloves, ability to upgrade crafting to level 40. Rubies for extra card slots, one per card per run. More adventure worlds and other stuff. Somehow though I can't upgrade my epic tokens to legendary ones anymore.

It's in the patch notes that they removed upgrading epic tokens to legendary ones and instead give you a 10% chance to create a legendary item when you try to craft an epic one.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

That's weird, I'm still turning my purple tokens into gold ones just fine?

e: and that chance had always been there, I get gold items from purple crafting every once in a while

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

HonorableTB posted:

It's in the patch notes that they removed upgrading epic tokens to legendary ones and instead give you a 10% chance to create a legendary item when you try to craft an epic one.

It's not in the patch notes for me on the Play Store (I'm in the UK if it makes a difference, v2.7.2) thanks for the heads up.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

AnimalChin posted:

Whoever posted about Minesweeper Collector is my hero. The game is excellent and has a ton of content.

For years I never had the patience to figure out minesweeper, but now I feel like a pro.

Thank you.

And there's an update out today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
An old iOS classic, Solomon's Keep, just got an android release. it's free with an iap purchase to remove ads.