Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
[quote="“Suave Fedora”" post="“477074160”"]
Talk to your commish about rescinding the trade, after explaining what happened to your will-be-disappointed trading partner.
[/quote]

Nah it's my father in law's league with a bunch of his buddies so I'm not going to try and rescind it and cause a stink.

I know I got the raw end of the deal but it's a 10 man league and if C.J. doesn't die he will be a nice filler for Cook.

My current team now:
QB: Alex Smith
RB: Anderson, Hunt, Gallman, Allen, Collins
WR: Evans, Hilton, D Thomas, Jeffery, Funchess
TE: Walker, Clay (don't judge me I'm torn)
DST: Streaming
K: Legatron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've asked before and never got an answer, but is there any way to see all the FAAB bid amounts on NFL.com?

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

VietCampo posted:

I'm not even in the league and i'd complain about that. That's dumb.

What's your complaint? Eliminates possibility of losing to the top score while having the second highest?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Nah it's my father in law's league with a bunch of his buddies so I'm not going to try and rescind it and cause a stink.

I know I got the raw end of the deal but it's a 10 man league and if C.J. doesn't die he will be a nice filler for Cook.

My current team now:
QB: Alex Smith
RB: Anderson, Hunt, Gallman, Allen, Collins
WR: Evans, Hilton, D Thomas, Jeffery, Funchess
TE: Walker, Clay (don't judge me I'm torn)
DST: Streaming
K: Legatron

Put on some motherfucking pants and show your father in law who the patriarch of the family is.

Or just calmly explain the situation to the person you traded to. I'm just saying, people are more likely to be reasonable than not, and getting buy-in from the recipient could make this nothing more than a humorous footnote by end of season. You didn't intend to make a trade offer. It's like accidentally dropping someone to waivers. It happens but time is not your friend here. The longer you go, the more suspicious it becomes when/if you do ask.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

Put on some motherfucking pants and show your father in law who the patriarch of the family is.

Or just calmly explain the situation to the person you traded to. I'm just saying, people are more likely to be reasonable than not, and getting buy-in from the recipient could make this nothing more than a humorous footnote by end of season. You didn't intend to make a trade offer. It's like accidentally dropping someone to waivers. It happens but time is not your friend here. The longer you go, the more suspicious it becomes when/if you do ask.

I'm pretty sure I disagree. Did he mean to send it? He's not even sure. He thinks he had maybe included another WR in the trade, even though the initial line in the post was I totally didn't mean to.

Getting drunk and being dumb doesn't make it an accidental mistake. To me it looks more like morning after regret about a trade.

I mean sure, I'd probably be cool with rescinding it if I had been the guy who got the trade offer, but it is absolutely not like accidentally dropping someone to waivers.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Zauper posted:

I'm pretty sure I disagree. Did he mean to send it? He's not even sure. He thinks he had maybe included another WR in the trade, even though the initial line in the post was I totally didn't mean to.

Getting drunk and being dumb doesn't make it an accidental mistake. To me it looks more like morning after regret about a trade.

I mean sure, I'd probably be cool with rescinding it if I had been the guy who got the trade offer, but it is absolutely not like accidentally dropping someone to waivers.

This is what I read:

"Was comparing players and accidentally sent a trade request"

I compare players all the time before sending a trade request, and I use the trade mechanism in the exact same way he described it. After I'm done, I text the person to gauge interest. So putting myself and how I operate in his shoes, and being that he clearly wasn't in the right frame of mind and appears to be regretting it happened, it is not beyond the pale to ask for a mulligan.

We should have fantasy protections in place for drunk traders so they don't get raped.

:doink:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Nah that will always appear as post trade regret. Id be pissed if i was the other guy and it was overturned. Just have to take an L for that one

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, you sent an offer. He accepted. End of story.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Yea, you sent an offer. He accepted. End of story.

I'm not trying to rescind it and that wasn't really my goal to begin with. I made the trade and will live with it...

I'm just wondering how screwed I am and just how bad it was.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Its really bad bud but one move won't kill you

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Alfalfa posted:

I'm not trying to rescind it and that wasn't really my goal to begin with. I made the trade and will live with it...

I'm just wondering how screwed I am and just how bad it was.

Bad but not unrecoverable. If Anderson keeps producing youll be fine. As great as Julio is, his tendencies to get knicked combined with the weird lack of redzone looks always cap the tremendous upside we always expect from him

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Got a trade proposal:

my team, half-PPR

I give Diggs, Ebron, and James White. Get Doug Martin, Davante Adams, and Jason Witten.

It seems fair but this is he sharpest guy in the league and I haven't been paying a ton of attention so I'm suspicious. Is Adams really OK? What's the thread's outlook on Martin? Maybe he's just pessimistic on Martin...

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

AnacondaHL posted:

Free tip: I have decided to stream Austin Seferian-Jenkins's favorable matchup @CLE over Kyle Rudolph @CHI, so take heart fellow Rudolph owners as this means he will explode for 8/95/2.

Rudolph is my biggest question mark for this week. Do I keep him in or stream Brate?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Got a trade proposal:

my team, half-PPR

I give Diggs, Ebron, and James White. Get Doug Martin, Davante Adams, and Jason Witten.

It seems fair but this is he sharpest guy in the league and I haven't been paying a ton of attention so I'm suspicious. Is Adams really OK? What's the thread's outlook on Martin? Maybe he's just pessimistic on Martin...

He's taking your proven producers and giving you enormous question marks. It has the possibility of turning out okay but much more likely to be disastrous for you

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Offered someone

My Sammy Watkins

His: Bilal Powell

He sent back

My: Watkins

His: Gillislee

Thanks for countering with the better RB I guess?

And I still have Diggs Crabtree Allen and Hogan.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 5, 2017

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Week 1 was great, 2 was serviceable, and since then Gilly's done nothin'.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

OxySnake posted:

Offered someone

My Sammy Watkins

His: Bilal Powell

He sent back

My: Watkins

His: Gillislee

Thanks for countering with the better RB I guess?

And I still have Diggs Crabtree Allen and Hogan.

Powell is the better RB in this situation. Pats defense is too bad to give Gillislee enough opportunites to run since they will constantly be in shoot out mode.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

He is and will probably get 15 touches per game. Plus he's on a really good offense that offers TD upside.

Powell did really well in one game and will have his work cut back when Forte returns.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

OxySnake posted:

He is and will probably get 15 touches per game. Plus he's on a really good offense that offers TD upside.

Powell did really well in one game and will have his work cut back when Forte returns.

Forte is never coming back. If anyone cuts into his touches it will be Elijah

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Powell > a Bellichicanery running back.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You can start Powell every week and at least get something. You can try to guess which week to start gillislee, and you'll get it wrong several times.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've already convinced myself with logic to not start Doug Martin tonight over Melvin Gordon on Sunday someone please reinforce that by yelling at me

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Doltos posted:

I've already convinced myself with logic to not start Doug Martin tonight over Melvin Gordon on Sunday someone please reinforce that by yelling at me

This is the right move so I'm not going to yell at you.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Doltos posted:

This is like bizarro 2015 wtf

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Doltos posted:

I would totally start Melvin over Dougie, but I will post this:

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/915984819753910272

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I more or less have to play Dougie in a league I'm otherwise dominating, so that's super good to hear.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The only thing to take away from that is to avoid starting Jacquizz.(also thanks to Gobias for telling me about that in the sit/start thread)

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

You all are pretty high on Powell given how useless he was every week but last week. Why won't Forte cut into his touches when he returns?

I'd much rather have the boom/bust of Gilly than Powell.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

He didn't drop out because of players kneeling. He is butthurt his team sucks or he got denied in a traderape.

It's a military league and this guy is the most conservative of the group. Yes, he is.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

tonic posted:

You all are pretty high on Powell given how useless he was every week but last week. Why won't Forte cut into his touches when he returns?

I'd much rather have the boom/bust of Gilly than Powell.

When the Jets put the ball in his hand they win. Weird they just discovered this.

It's like everyone is taking crazy pills when it comes to the NE backfield this year.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I'll repost because a few pages ago my picture was messed up.

So standard scoring (0ppr)10 team league had me flying high after draft day but its time to make some moves and I know what should be done (get some value for one of my running backs) but don't know how to go about it. My WRs are a mess and all of them feel interchangeable right now. I felt good about crabtree but hes banged up and Car is out. Should I try to dump crabtree and hedge away from the stupid raiders? I can't get poo poo for lynch right now and hes the RB I'd most like to get rid of, maybe try to work a deal with the guy who has Demarco for Henry? Please help goons.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 5, 2017

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Start Doug Martin tonight or Ameer Abdullah vs. Carolina? Currently have Abdullah in there but I also have to cover DT's BYE using Golden Tate so I am now starting Stafford, Abdullah, and Tate which has me concerned.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

PPR?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
[quote="“MrSargent”" post="“477085614”"]
Start Doug Martin tonight or Ameer Abdullah vs. Carolina? Currently have Abdullah in there but I also have to cover DT’s BYE using Golden Tate so I am now starting Stafford, Abdullah, and Tate which has me concerned.
[/quote]

In 1ppr I am starting Abdullah over Doug and I Am OK With That.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Start Doug Martin tonight or Ameer Abdullah vs. Carolina? Currently have Abdullah in there but I also have to cover DT's BYE using Golden Tate so I am now starting Stafford, Abdullah, and Tate which has me concerned.

I can't say if you should start Martin over Abdullah (fantasy pros says Abdullah 91%/9%), but the panthers have the 8th ranked* rushing defense and the 4th ranked overall defense so concern is warranted with that many lions in your lineup.

*Nfl rankings not fantasy football rankings to be clear.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
This Patriots defense is currently loving Putrid* and in near open rebellion over how loving stupid Gilmour is. Hightower is still nowhere near 100%, and they're starting a couple of scrap heap guys at LB. I'm starting the Muscle Hamster.

*technical term

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
1 PPR

Melvin Gordon @ Giants
Joe Mixon vs Bills
Tarik Cohen vs Packers

Ameer Abdullah vs Carolina

Probably set on Gordon and Cohen, not sure who to pick between Mixon and Abdullah. Gordon, Mixon, and Abdullah all have bad matchups.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I'm trying to see if my brain is thinking logically or just wanting action tonight.

Martin has only gotten in one practice in 3 weeks and TB has another rb perfectly capable of carrying the mail tonight.

Other rbs are Ty Mont who didn't practice today and I'm afraid will be limited at best if he did play and Ellington who isn't a bad alternative

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

the_american_dream posted:

I'm trying to see if my brain is thinking logically or just wanting action tonight.

Martin has only gotten in one practice in 3 weeks and TB has another rb perfectly capable of carrying the mail tonight.

Other rbs are Ty Mont who didn't practice today and I'm afraid will be limited at best if he did play and Ellington who isn't a bad alternative

PPR I'd go Ellington. Standard I would roll the dice on Martin.

I'm still leery of Martin tonight, despite the reports. I wouldn't play him if I had a decent alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This Patriots defense is currently loving Putrid* and in near open rebellion over how loving stupid Gilmour is. Hightower is still nowhere near 100%, and they're starting a couple of scrap heap guys at LB. I'm starting the Muscle Hamster.

*technical term

Yeah, he's an ok flier here depending on other options. But don't start him over guys like Melvin Gordon or Abdullah.

• Locked thread