Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I can't wait for KM to come in here to see all these fragile white people arguing over who is easing black people more.

:ssh: you're all doing it :ssh:

when have i done such a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Cerebral Bore posted:

This whole shebang right here really shows how shallow and opportunistic the typical centrist's commitment to antiracism really is. Somebody brings up a problem that reflects badly on their team and they start falling over themselves to deny that it could possibly be a problem. Note that not a single one of the usual suspects have even tried to engage with the actual substance, i.e. that PoC leftists feel erased, and instead it's all posting about posters, posting about posting, impugning the motives and character of people who brought up the problem and even denying that the PoC who have spoken and written at length on the topic really matter to the conversation.

Really says it all.

I'm posting about the erasure of POC and women by leftists asserting the Bernie bros were make believe. Somebody brings up a problem that reflects badly on their team and they start falling over themselves to deny it could possibly be a problem.

Really says it all.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Nevvy Z posted:

virtue signal

eyyyy i have a bingo!!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

botany posted:

eyyyy i have a bingo!!

Sorry "perform wokeness"

:tipshat:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JeffersonClay posted:

I'm posting about the erasure of POC and women by leftists asserting the Bernie bros were make believe. Somebody brings up a problem that reflects badly on their team and they start falling over themselves to deny it could possibly be a problem.

Really says it all.

Nice whataboutism.

Besides that, remember when it turned out that there actually was a massive botnet masquerading as "bernie bros" and certain people who had been very into yelling about russian bots and "ratfucking" had to eat a whole lot of crow?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Besides that, remember when it turned out that there actually was a massive botnet masquerading as "bernie bros" and certain people who had been very into yelling about russian bots and "ratfucking" had to eat a whole lot of crow?

I remember that, which is why I don't flip out when someone mentions that fake Bernie supporters exist on twitter.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Calibanibal posted:

when have i done such a thing

Okay, Everyone except Calibanibal is guilty of Erasure.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm only talking about the example you posted guy. Maybe next time you'll virtue signal with better ones.

Holy poo poo dude. Just fess up and admit that you don't care about leftist POC's opinions. You're already hinting it loudly enough.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
"These POC are being erased and that's bad" is a good and relevant post.

"These POC are being erased and that proves the perfidious racism of the centrist" is a bad and dumb post. And it's hilariously non-self-aware when employed by people who continue to assert that all the women and POC who claim to have been harassed by berniebros are liars.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Holy poo poo dude. Just fess up and admit that you don't care about leftist POC's opinions. You're already hinting it loudly enough.

I do care about those though. Just not yours specifically. Or any of the other weirdos here trying to score leftism posting points. Stop trying to use others as a shield.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nevvy Z posted:

"Listen to POC. Unless they are dirty centrists"

this but unironically

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Really though I just wanna laugh at that idiot who made a bad inference and accused the guy of implying something he never implied. That's all I ever wanted.

loving lol.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
This last 5 pages is a big :yikes:

You are all pretty much guilty of the thing you are railing against, and are just using PoC as a cudgel in your slapfight.

Not a good look.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nice whataboutism.

The Bernie bro botnet IS the ratfucking you idiot. The Russians exacerbated divisions in our coalition from multiple angles, including by amplifying bad Bernie supporters.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

I do care about those though. Just not yours specifically. Stop trying to use others as a shield.

I'm not "using others as a shield, though." I'm using Gray's tweets and article as examples (which themselves contain other examples) of a female POC leftist whose opinions keep getting erased/silenced/ignored by centrist Democrats. You don't have to listen to my opinion if you don't want to - you don't have to listen to anyone's opinion. But don't act like you're not ignoring the opinion of someone who has been on the receiving end of this erasure, because that's exactly what you're doing, and you know it.

Nevvy Z posted:

Really though I just wanna laugh at that idiot who made a bad inference and accused the guy of implying something he never implied. That's all I ever wanted.

The guy said, "There are FAR too many black Bernie Bros for them to be real." What Kiran said was exactly what he was implying.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

You are all pretty much guilty of the thing you are railing against, and are just using PoC as a cudgel in your slapfight.

Majorian posted:

I'm not "using others as a shield, though." I'm using Gray's tweets and article as examples (which themselves contain other examples) of a female POC leftist whose opinions keep getting erased/silenced/ignored by centrist Democrats. You don't have to listen to my opinion if you don't want to - you don't have to listen to anyone's opinion. But don't act like you're not ignoring the opinion of someone who has been on the receiving end of this erasure, because that's exactly what you're doing, and you know it.

:yikes:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

In other words, you don't particularly care about Gray's perspective. Thanks for admitting it.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Majorian posted:

In other words, you don't particularly care about Gray's perspective. Thanks for admitting it.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Not a good look.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

This is getting a bit gross.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 5, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

This is getting a bit gross.

Not sure you're in much of a position to being saying that:

Nevvy Z posted:

Actually I just didn't read it. What thread did you think this was?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
:yikes:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm ending this conversation because the way you are using this woman is getting genuinely offensive.

:ironicat:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This last 5 pages is a big :yikes:

Not a good look.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I can't wait for KM to come in here to see all these fragile white people arguing over who is easing black people more.

:ssh: you're all doing it :ssh:

expanding_ironicat.gif

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

expanding_ironicat.gif

Sorry you don't like to be called on your poo poo? I'll be happy to take my licks if I have silenced a person of color, but I don't need 3-4 white guys telling me how one white guy is more guilty of erasure than the other, and how it makes one side the real racists. The only person that had a good post about the subject was the actual person of color saying that this has happened to them. Everyone else can go gently caress themselves.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

guys we cant ALL do the :yikes: gif

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Sorry you don't like to be called on your poo poo? I'll be happy to take my licks if I have silenced a person of color, but I don't need 3-4 white guys telling me how one white guy is more guilty of erasure than the other, and how it makes one side the real racists. The only person that had a good post about the subject was the actual person of color saying that this has happened to them. Everyone else can go gently caress themselves.

I posted an article from a black woman who has had this happen to her (which, in turn, gave several examples of this happening to other black leftists), and getting people to even acknowledge that this was her experience has been like pulling teeth. So I'm not sure your take on this conversation is a particularly accurate one (particularly given that the aforementioned actual person of color backed up what Gray is saying)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Nah, I was just wondering if you'd do some self-reflection after it was pointed out to you that you were literally using PoC as a cudgel in your slapfight, but apparently not.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

the important thing is to safely brush the issue of centrists erasing leftists for the crime of disagreeing with them under the table, forever

and, as nevvy has been kind enough to inform us in the past, anyone who points out the profound rejection of minorities this represents both in abstract and in practice should die for their crime in disturbing the otherwise wholly-acceptable-to-comfortable-centrists discourse

hire more women guards for the ICE detention centers and call it a good day

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Majorian posted:

I posted an article from a black woman who has had this happen to her (which, in turn, gave several examples of this happening to other black leftists), and getting people to even acknowledge that this was her experience has been like pulling teeth. So I'm not sure your take on this conversation is a particularly accurate one.

I think it was fine to point out that PoC suffer erasure from others, and that it is a bad thing that people shouldn't do. this is a good thing to post about, and it not the issue.

I do not think that then making the conclusion that democrats/centrists/leftists are the real racists is a good take, and it shows that some people are more interested in using people of color as a cudgel than actually dealing with the issue of erasure.

Now you may not think you are doing this, but it seems that almost everyone engaged in that conversation is guilty of the second thing in one way or the other. If I contributed to that then I apologize.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
It's a bad thing to erase the expressed views of POC and women.

Which is why I constantly assert that the faction that won the large majority of POC and women's votes during the primary doesn't believe in doing anything for POC or women.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I do not think that then making the conclusion that democrats/centrists/leftists are the real racists is a good take

Literally no one said "the real racists" like we're implying that only centrists are racist and no one else, stop projecting your fears into other's posts.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I think it was fine to point out that PoC suffer erasure from others, and that it is a bad thing that people shouldn't do. this is a good thing to post about, and it not the issue.

I do not think that then making the conclusion that democrats/centrists/leftists are the real racists is a good take

That was never something I claimed or suggested.

e:

JeffersonClay posted:

Which is why I constantly assert that the faction that won the large majority of POC and women's votes during the primary doesn't believe in doing anything for POC or women.

This either.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Literally no one said "the real racists" like we're implying that only centrists are racist and no one else, stop projecting your fears into other's posts.

loving this.

The reason this poo poo gets brought up is because, and JClay just did a great job in demonstrating this, establishment dems have a vested interest in presenting themselves as having a complete and total monopoly on black thought - and when this is shown to not be the case, the "offending" black person functionally ceases to exist because that existence is inconvenient to the narrative. And that's a loving problem.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Majorian posted:

That was never something I claimed or suggested.

I never accused you specifically. It was however posted, and other continued to make the assertion but never say it directly.

C. Everett Koop posted:

I can't believe that the people who nominated and supported a literal slaveowner for president would have issues with race.

Almost like.....they're the real racists all along :eek:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

WampaLord posted:

C. Everett Koop posted:

I can't believe that the people who nominated and supported a literal slaveowner for president would have issues with race.

Almost like.....they're the real racists all along :eek:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

loving this.

The reason this poo poo gets brought up is because, and JClay just did a great job in demonstrating this, establishment dems have a vested interest in presenting themselves as having a complete and total monopoly on black thought - and when this is shown to not be the case, the "offending" black person functionally ceases to exist because that existence is inconvenient to the narrative. And that's a loving problem.

nobody has disagreed with you about this, but for some reason the assertion that the centrists are the real racist received no pushback. :thunk:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Loam you're in enough of these threads to know that Koop is a troll and that the people you're talking to consider him as such.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I never accused you specifically.

No, but you have been making broad-brush accusations of "everyone here," "everyone in this thread," etc.

Again, Koop's a gimmick poster.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

Loam you're in enough of these threads to know that Koop is a troll and that the people you're talking to consider him as such.

It isn't an account i'm familiar with. and it doesn't change that others were making the same inference without actually posting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nice to see that gimmick posters are still being taken seriously when convenient.

• Locked thread