Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Out of all the JROTC kids I knew in high school, I don't think I know of even one of them that went the O route. Lot of E in those futures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

canyoneer posted:

Out of all the JROTC kids I knew in high school, I don't think I know of even one of them that went the O route. Lot of E in those futures.

Yeah, what is the deal with that poo poo? They are also the quickest to tell you that something D&C related is wrong, because "we did it this way in JROTC".

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
In my 20s I did nothing but party, drive fast, fight, drink and get laid.

I ruled.

Now my body is ruined by the army for no good reason but at least I got a good bit of fun out of this meat sack.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
http://afcca.law.af.mil/content/afcca_opinions/cp/moore-39105.u.pdf

Dude just wants non-expired yogurt and to go to the gym.

quote:

On one occasion while inside the facility, a guard served Appellant expired
yogurt. When Appellant commented on the expiration date, the guard said,
“This mother f****r’s complaining about expired food ...” The statement was made so that everyone in the Base
Defense Operations Center and the confinement facility could hear it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

chemosh6969 posted:

http://afcca.law.af.mil/content/afcca_opinions/cp/moore-39105.u.pdf

Dude just wants non-expired yogurt and to go to the gym.

He's grossed out by things after a certain age

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wasabi the J posted:

I TURNED DOWN A BLOWIE BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE PROTECTION IN FRESHMEN YEAR.

Christ on a cracker that one still haunts me

I had a girl call my friends house where I was, I answered and we ended up knowing each other. She asked how big my dick was and I told her and she told me to go meet her "right now!"

So I went to Burger King, where we made out so horny teenager like that we got threatened to have the police called on us. Ended up telling her no because she was drunk and I was not. And then proceeded to cock block everyone else at the party we ended up at.

In retrospect, I think it's why her and I are friends now

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

canyoneer posted:

He's grossed out by things after a certain age

Aatrek was military?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Soulex posted:

The first picture i saw that was a military meme was "Napalm Sticks to Kids." It was MS Paint drawn, and on some random computer that I was looking around on during a stupid shift change. That poo poo is almost as funny to me now as that was back then.

That picture is loving hilarious.

On a hope I googled the ms paint thing.

Found brony poo poo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

PathAsc posted:

On a hope I googled the ms paint thing.

Found brony poo poo

Thank you for your service.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Does anyone ever want to shove their high school self in a loving locker? Because I was the worst JROTC kid.

Does that mean you were one of those fuckers at boot camp who was a natural born leader that excelled at boot campery tasks like marching, folding shirts, rolling socks, and removing loose strings?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wasted more time than I like to think about in JROTC. To be honest the first year was good for me because it got me out of the troublemaker mode I'd spent middle school in. I should have quit right afterwards instead of dealing with shitheads until I couldn't take it anymore and quit anyway. Or better yet just developed into a better person on the cross country team which I didn't join because JROTC poo poo took up too much time. I could have been hanging out with normal people who went on to achieve something with their lives.

I really used to look up to one of the instructors. Now I know that he's your typical senior enlisted (retired) know it all idiot. His main reason for becoming a teacher was probably that he enjoyed a captive audience to huff his own farts in front of.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Wasabi the J posted:

Does anyone ever want to shove their high school self in a loving locker? Because I was the worst JROTC kid.

Yes.

I also teach high school and I want to stuff every single one of my JROTC students in a locker, the dweebs. Christ.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I'd like to salute my junior high school history teacher, rifle team coach and 'Nam vet (bronze star, two purple hearts) for personally sitting down with everyone who wanted to enlist / go to a service academy / do ROTC and have a chat with them about the pros and cons of military service and how war was just loving horrible.

o7

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
The foreign JROTC kids look way tougher...

Do US JROTC cadets have to murder their own parents with a machete to join or make Captain or whatever?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dingleberry posted:

Does that mean you were one of those fuckers at boot camp who was a natural born leader that excelled at boot campery tasks like marching, folding shirts, rolling socks, and removing loose strings?

Yes but that was due to my years of hazing good order and discipline at a military school and TAMU. JROTC taught me very little except naval history, and I was a huge dickhead about it.

Basic was easy and the best way to handle it was singing silly songs and sneaking dips when no drill sergeants were around. Otherwise let that one dickhead born officer douchebag "excel" at leadership tasks like fire watch lists and being "held accountable".

I did teach my friends that it didn't matter what you did, they'll find someone to make the gimp, and getting mad is just going to make you mad, since I did basically 18 months cumulatively of that kind of fuckery for no reason before hand.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 4, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

canyoneer posted:

I knew one kid a year ahead of me who went the AF Academy, and saw another in my class (also applied to the AFA, and was expected to get in) at some event at Maxwell AFB in a weird-rear end uniform. I had to look it up. He was a merchant marine officer.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I saw some female officer on a base in a very dressy uniform with a bizarre conical head gear I've never seen since. She very well could of been a foreigner.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A guy ahead of me worked his rear end ofd in high school. Got 4.0s all the time, did a bunch of service projects, blah blah blah. Gets into the service academy he wanted, and drops out a couple years later because his girlfriend threatens to break up with him, which she does not long after that anyway. Last I hear he got an AA in something dumb.

Service academies are dumb but if you're going to work your rear end off getting into on maybe finish it and your term of service out. It's pretty loving stupid to do all that hard work for the privilege of spending your college years getting hazed constantly, and then throw it all away with nothing to show.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Casimir Radon posted:

Service academies are dumb but if you're going to work your rear end off getting into on maybe finish it and your term of service out. It's pretty loving stupid to do all that hard work for the privilege of spending your college years getting hazed constantly, and then throw it all away with nothing to show.

Haha yeah.... :smith:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Godholio posted:

I knew one kid a year ahead of me who went the AF Academy, and saw another in my class (also applied to the AFA, and was expected to get in) at some event at Maxwell AFB in a weird-rear end uniform. I had to look it up. He was a merchant marine officer.

We don't have officer uniforms. There's the merchant marine naval reserve or something, they just do 2 weeks a year and gently caress off and get promoted. They also have naval rank. They keep changing the name so I have no idea what it is now. It's like military by cheating. I never bothered to figure out what their dress blues were, they wanted me to stop playing rugby because if I took government money and then got hurt I wouldn't have to pay it back and that was dishonorable and blah blah blah. Also, they were all fat cause they didn't want to get hurt.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Getting hurt was the best part of the Army are you kidding me?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
This was all in college. They got 3k a semester or something to stand around in formation on Tuesdays and Thursdays and yell at each other about how they look like poo poo or whatever. The serious people just went USMC PLC cause the Marines didn't really care if we played rugby.

I guess the MMR was an easy way if you wanted to go active duty though. A lot of my classmates fooled the Navy into making them Commander or Cheng or some poo poo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

lightpole posted:

We don't have officer uniforms. There's the merchant marine naval reserve or something, they just do 2 weeks a year and gently caress off and get promoted. They also have naval rank. They keep changing the name so I have no idea what it is now. It's like military by cheating. I never bothered to figure out what their dress blues were, they wanted me to stop playing rugby because if I took government money and then got hurt I wouldn't have to pay it back and that was dishonorable and blah blah blah. Also, they were all fat cause they didn't want to get hurt.

I can't remember what it looked like now, I think it was 2005. I know it didn't look identical to a Navy uniform though...it caught my eye enough that I bothered googling it later. Maybe it was weird insignia or something, I can't remember.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Soulex posted:

Dude forreal. I was "A Nice Guy" and it cost me a lot of sexual encounters.

I've had nothing but weird sex encounters really as a teen. Talked about it before and someone made a loving song about it in that one thread a while back.

Same, but I didn't have any sexual encounters until after graduation. I think I posted a pic of myself in 2008 elsewhere here, but I was a skinny kid with shoulder-length hair (and not the kind that looks good), acne, oversized clothes, and stupid facial expressions. My usual fashion choice was cargo shorts or baggy jeans, a graphic t-shirt a size too large, and a hoodie (tied around my waist if it got warm).

I basically reinvented myself between 23 and 25.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Godholio posted:

I can't remember what it looked like now, I think it was 2005. I know it didn't look identical to a Navy uniform though...it caught my eye enough that I bothered googling it later. Maybe it was weird insignia or something, I can't remember.

Probably a fouled anchor or a prop on sleeves and collar or something for insignia. We just wore Navy uniforms with different collar devices, khaki and dress blues for school. I don't think I've seen anyone but instructors wear them after they graduated.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I had to represent a shore based marine organization at an event overseas once and had to wear a uniform.

Ended up going to the men's store that supplied the local ferry; black pants, white short sleeved shirt, second mate's shoulder boards.

Shoulder boards are a loving rip off and I'm an idiot for buying them. They charged by the stripe, too, for gently caress's sake.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

They charged by the stripe, too, for gently caress's sake.

:laffo: Perfect.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Army sergeant 'removed parachute parts in bid to kill wife'

quote:

An Army sergeant tried to kill his wife by removing parts of her parachute, causing her to spin thousands of feet to the ground, a court has heard.
Emile Cilliers, 37, is accused of two counts of attempted murder of his former wife Victoria Cilliers who survived the jump on 5 April 2015.
Winchester Crown Court heard Ms Cilliers suffered multiple injuries.

Mr Cilliers, who denies all charges, wanted to leave his wife for a lover he had met on Tinder, prosecutors said.

It is also claimed that just days before the jump, on 29 March 2015, the defendant tried to kill Ms Cilliers, 40, by deliberately causing a gas leak in the family home while he stayed away.

Prosecutor Michael Bowes QC said that on the night of the gas leak Mr Cilliers had left his wife at their home in Amesbury, Wiltshire, to stay at his Army barracks in Aldershot, Hampshire.

He said the following morning Ms Cilliers contacted her husband complaining of a gas smell coming from a kitchen cupboard next to the oven.

She noticed dried blood on the fitting which was later found to be a full DNA match to her husband, the court was told.

The jury was told the Royal Army Physical Training Corps sergeant lied to his lover, Stefanie Glover, that he was leaving his wife because she was having an affair and he was not the father of one of their children.

Mr Bowes QC said Mr Cilliers was also having an affair with his ex-wife Carly Cilliers.

He told the court the defendant had debts of £22,000 and believed he would receive a £120,000 life insurance payout on his wife's death.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

After replacing her parachute with an anvil failed, Sergeant Wile E. Coyote attempted to kill his wife by painting a tunnel in the side of a cliff and hoping she'd drive into it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fat Twitter Man posted:

After replacing her parachute with an anvil failed, Sergeant Wile E. Coyote attempted to kill his wife by painting a tunnel in the side of a cliff and hoping she'd drive into it.

You forgot sawing a hole in the ground hoping she'd fall in

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Does it really count if he didn't replace her parachute with a backpack full of pots and pans?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/74dah0/got_arrested_for_a_misdemeanor_criminal/
Got arrested for a misdemeanor criminal trespassing on what I believe to be a misunderstanding, have some questions. (self.legaladvice)
submitted 17 hours ago by Garthanthoclops

quote:

To preface this I am an officer in the Army, 23 YO male. I live in Georgia. This past weekend I went out drinking with some friends. I had surgery earlier in the day, but could not get back to base health clinic in time to pick up my prescriptions before it closed. It was not major surgery but I was in relative discomfort, so I drank a little heavy to numb the pain.
I uber home safely, but the uber drops me off half a mile away in an area I am unfamiliar with and I run home, somewhat disoriented. I get back to may apartment complex, and climb the stairs in the back only to realize I left my key at home and was locked out. I have done this before, so I break into my apartment, damaging the doorframe in the process. But there's a catch. It wasn't my apartment...in my state of inebriation, I went to the wrong floor and broke into a neighbors apartment. So happens a couple days before I had asked this neighbor to come to a function - an open bar - because she was friendly to me when most people in the area are somewhat distant and keep to themselves. Just extending a friendly gesture.
Anyways she is there with here boyfriend, I am extremely apologetic and tell them I will pay for the damages. Next morning I see the damage is beyond my ability to fix, as it messed up the doorframe a bit. I call the property manager and let her know, and she actually laughs about it and says she will send the maintenance supervisor out to start fixing it. Even though they knew I would pay (I have a good relationship with the property manager, have never missed a payment, clean apartment, low profile), they still need a police report because it technically a break in.
So the police come out, we give our statements. Neighbor does not want to press charges, neither does property manager. Officers seem relaxed about it and give me a copy of the report. A couple days later I get a call from detectives who say some info is missing from the report and they need another statement from me. I meet them and give them info, and they are really hammering me with questions about my relationship with this girl.
I find out later she had mentioned I asked her out a couple days earlier. It seems that they believe it was more than just a mistake on my part (I was really just a drunk fool. No hostile intent whatsoever). Next day, when I am at work I am called to our BN HQ where I see a police officer and I immediately know there is a warrant for my arrest. I'm getting booked at the county station for criminal trespass, misdemeanor. I'm not there more than a couple hours and only asked basic information. A detective is going through the basic info with me and asks my address. I give it to him and he says "that's the same address as the victim, did y'all live together?" I explain that it's just the street address to our apartment and that she lives directly above me. He then asks how I knew her to which I tell him we have just spoken a couple times outside when we have bumped into each other. He seems a little surprised then stops questioning me and takes me back to a holding cell. Hour later, the MPs come to pick me up and I am taken back to my station, picked up by my commander, and then I go home.
After talking with the MPs it seems the detectives thought that we were romantically involved or lived together or something, and that this was a domestic case, leading to my arrest. We all believe that once they determined this wasn't the case, I was released. Now here are my questions:
1) what is the probability that the charges are dropped? I've already admitted to breaking in and expressed my desire to settle this civilly.
2) I got no paperwork mentioning a court date, but I heard a clerk say that I would need to make my court date before I deploy (about 2 weeks out). Should I just call the station and ask?
3) what does this mean for my career? In the grand scheme of things, it's a relatively low profile crime. I don't know how legal will work from here but will this have serious implications on my current job status?
4) will this give me a criminal record? I just don't know how it works with misdemeanors.
All responses are appreciated, thanks

I was slobbering drunk and smashed my way into the wrong apartment on accident. Is this going to affect my career?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Sleep in the bushes or on the sidewalk like any other self-respecting drunken GI.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
This same thing happened on base housing the week I first got to Drum. Some drunk rear end soldier broke into the wrong house and passed out on the couch. The house owner came downstairs in the morning and she found some stranger sleeping in her living room.

Soldiers are great people.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
You haven't lived in the barracks if you haven't had your door kicked open at least three times.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Aranan posted:

Soldiers/Sailors/Marines/Airmen are stupid people.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This happened on a school band competition trip. Drunk gangbanger frenchhorn player went to the wrong floor and passed out on a bed.

Too bad the Mormon girl in the bed wasn't introduced to him first. She pulled the fire alarm.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

You haven't lived in the barracks if you haven't had your door kicked open at least three times.

And having been naked one of said times.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

LingcodKilla posted:

This happened on a school band competition trip. Drunk gangbanger frenchhorn player went to the wrong floor and passed out on a bed.

Too bad the Mormon girl in the bed wasn't introduced to him first. She pulled the fire alarm.

Impossible story. French horn players are almost universally the dweebs that other band geeks look down on and refuse to socialize with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pesticide20 posted:

Kicked open? Our room was known for having us just flop our entire bodies into doors and drunkenly asking "WHO PUT THAT DOOR THERE?" when they inevitably caved