Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

VideoGames posted:

I am very much a casual gamer, I have said it many, many times and I am enjoying Mass Effect Andromeda. I have about 14 hours in it so far and I have been bumbling about on the first planet: EOS.

I'm pretty sure I'm not too far into the game, so if things changed drastically after EOS then I will ammend my thoughts, but for now I do not regret playing it whatsoever :D

I felt the same way at the 14 hour mark. Wondering where all the hate was coming from. After I cleared 2 more planets, I knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm a dominantly PC gamer and my only experience with Bloodborne is in Boost Mode and the only time the frames get chunky is 1st Floor Lecture hall students, and only if I have Netflix or Hulu suspended in the background. My Pro is only two months old. I will never loving turn off Boost Mode.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

The only bad game I regret playing is Life Is Strange.

I stopped when the music started

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I should also let people know that my least favourite of the first trilogy is Mass Effect 2 and my favourite is Mass Effect 3. This might colour things a little as well. All three are wonderful games, but Mass Effect 2 changed the game into a bit of a sci-fi action shooter, which I was not prepared for. Also I did not like working for cerberus, I missed the Mako and the cast was a little overwhelming.

Mass Effect 3 on the other hand is a nice mix of 1 and 2. Plus it allowed me to assemble my ME1 dream team again, I was so taken in with the story and rounding off each character's plot line was phenomenal. Nothing in the whole trilogy comes close to the Wrex/Mordin mission in terms of pacing, exposition and resolution. Good lord I still tear up at that!

I even like my ending (Destroy because my Shepherd was a constant renegade throughout all three and she always got the job done no matter what the cost. The reapers were too dangerous to keep around. Doesn't matter though, because she survived :D . I saw her chest breathe! :D )

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How does Piggy Machine compare to Amnesia? Does everything still go warped and blurry if you so much as think of going away from a candle?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

How does Piggy Machine compare to Amnesia? Does everything still go warped and blurry if you so much as think of going away from a candle?

Don't play A Machine For Pigs, even its devs think it was a mistake.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What makes it so bad? I know literally nothing about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well the chinese room made it so it's automatically a bad game

more specifically, from what I understand you can't die. it's a horror game where the monster can't get you

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I was way more into exploring and feeling incredibly uneasy over the clumsy stealth, so that sounds workable at least.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

well the chinese room made it so it's automatically a bad game

more specifically, from what I understand you can't die. it's a horror game where the monster can't get you
That's pretty much how Amnesia 1 was too though, once you came to the realization of how that game worked.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Finally got around to finishing up the Lost Legacy. That was great, and those end credits. :swoon:

My only complaint is that it was Sam Drake that showed up and not a longer running character like Sully or Elena (I figured Nate wasn't going to show up, but I thought Elena had a chance given her travel reporting).

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Finished the BF1 campaign and I gotta say, that was actually kind of great. The mini campaign thing is pretty rad and I really wouldn't mind more of that. Especially in MP focused games. I really liked being able to finish a 1-2 hour campaign and bounce back into conquest in between. Then again, I'll always enjoy a competent shooter campaign when I'm in the right mood. I'm like the one weirdo on earth that thought the BF4 campaign was fun, aside from :dice: requiring that you play the whole drat thing in in one 7 hour sitting.
I really liked the first part of the campaign with the tank crew, but then every other scenario felt phoned in to me. Like they spent some time on the tank one and then were rushed to just finish the others.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Strike Vector EX feels way more cheap and bare bones than I was expecting. I don't think its choices for the ship physics are really my cup of tea, either. The ship can stop on a dime and that feels weird on its own but especially since all of the early missions take place in atmosphere. Maybe it just wasn't the game to play coming directly on the heels of piloting planes and helicopters in Just Cause 3.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This 5.0 patch still hasn't fixed my issue where it no longer downloads patches while in sleep mode. So prior to downloading a patch I have to "prepare for download", then download the patch, now I've been waiting almost an hour for it to finish "copying". Why is copying a step in this process? Where am I downloading these patches to, that they also need to be copied? It's only a 1gb patch, why am I waiting over an hour for it to finish copying?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

DrNutt posted:

Finally got around to finishing up the Lost Legacy. That was great, and those end credits. :swoon:

My only complaint is that it was Sam Drake that showed up and not a longer running character like Sully or Elena (I figured Nate wasn't going to show up, but I thought Elena had a chance given her travel reporting).

From what Uncharted 4 told me only scummy guys go on adventures so it suits the series.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lobok posted:

Strike Vector EX feels way more cheap and bare bones than I was expecting. I don't think its choices for the ship physics are really my cup of tea, either. The ship can stop on a dime and that feels weird on its own but especially since all of the early missions take place in atmosphere. Maybe it just wasn't the game to play coming directly on the heels of piloting planes and helicopters in Just Cause 3.

I played it for an hour but basically everything can be and is handled in an identical way. It's pretty dull.

I played Amnesia long enough for a cheevo. :v:

Hue seems okay though, and Sky Force seems pretty much like 1942 so whatever.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Ever since the update I have been having an issue where the PSN just kinda stalls out.It will be fine when I first turn on the system, but after about 10 minutes it will no longer update game info on the dashboard, I cannot message friends, and the store will just sit on a loading screen for about 5 minutes until is brings up a message that PSN is currently undergoing maintenance. If i'm in a party or playing a game they continue functioning as normal despite not being able to load other things. A quick google search has revealed that this has been happening to people since launch with no explanation and sony's forums closing all threads about it with the solution being to run a connection test to restore functionality temporarily. Has anyone here had this problem and found a permanent solution for it?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Liver Disaster posted:

From what Uncharted 4 told me only scummy guys go on adventures so it suits the series.

Fair enough but that doesn't preclude the possiblity of a non-scummy person getting swept up in one. And going off his voice lines in UC1, Sully ain't exactly clean (although he is quite old).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

DrNutt posted:

Whats the timeline on this? Nathan and Elana are retired, Sully is still game but I don't want him grossly hitting on the girls, he's on tuxedo heists. I liked Sams roll, and he is the one to eagerly be running around jungles.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

They cleaned up Sully so you don't have to worry about him being a gross boy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Like, I get all that, I was just hoping for a better cameo from the main series than the guy who doesn't even exist until the 4th main game in the series. I like Troy Baker in the role well enough, but even a small bit of Sully picking them up in his plane at the end and cracking a few one liners would have made me happy.

Otherwise, loved the game. The way that the friendship between Chloe and Nadine develops felt fairly top notch for a video game. I hope Naughty Dog pays their writers well because they have the best in the industry.

I really hope they keep making Uncharted games though because I really can't get into the grimness of TLOU.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like his character and va

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Decided to go back to MGSV since it's conveniently on plus. Why is there no "new game" option? I know you can replay missions but I want to play with Quiet headshotting everybody and basically playing the game for me, and building up my base/army again.

Do I really have to delete my save data or move it via usb to achieve this?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

For me, voice acting in UC series is the strongest point. I love every bit of dialogue between Nathan and Sully, well Sully just being amazing through the whole series (often overlooked because of Nolan's outstanding work). I appreciate that the voices or women characters are top notch too.

I'd watch in a sitting an entire animated series of all UC games with these voice actors.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

VideoGames posted:

I should also let people know that my least favourite of the first trilogy is Mass Effect 2 and my favourite is Mass Effect 3. This might colour things a little as well. All three are wonderful games, but Mass Effect 2 changed the game into a bit of a sci-fi action shooter, which I was not prepared for. Also I did not like working for cerberus, I missed the Mako and the cast was a little overwhelming.

Mass Effect 3 on the other hand is a nice mix of 1 and 2. Plus it allowed me to assemble my ME1 dream team again, I was so taken in with the story and rounding off each character's plot line was phenomenal. Nothing in the whole trilogy comes close to the Wrex/Mordin mission in terms of pacing, exposition and resolution. Good lord I still tear up at that!

I even like my ending (Destroy because my Shepherd was a constant renegade throughout all three and she always got the job done no matter what the cost. The reapers were too dangerous to keep around. Doesn't matter though, because she survived :D . I saw her chest breathe! :D )

Mass Effect 3 is my favourite as well and Andromeda sucks. It's too bloated and while it seems fun at first, I ended up with almost 80 hours in my first run, and 7 in my second run to just run through the main story.

The good thing about Mass Effect was being able to replay it and being able to go through it pretty fast regardless if you just did story only or side quests. They were 20-30 hour games. Andromeda just overstays its welcome so much and the plot just starts to become so dull because they're stretching such a weak plot over such a long period of time.

3 is still by and far my favourite.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Steve Jorbs posted:

I really liked the first part of the campaign with the tank crew, but then every other scenario felt phoned in to me. Like they spent some time on the tank one and then were rushed to just finish the others.

Even the pilot one? I agree the tank crew (along with the pilot campaign for me) were by far the best, and I also really enjoyed the Lawrence of Arabia one. The other 2 were perfectly enjoyable for me but not particularly remarkable. The only one that felt sort of phoned in to me was the Shock trooper campaign.

Lobok posted:

It's a great idea but yeah, the execution is...meh. There's just much better stuff out there to play. I deleted it after about an hour. If they fleshed out a sequel better I'd play it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 6, 2017

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I was way more into exploring and feeling incredibly uneasy over the clumsy stealth, so that sounds workable at least.

I'm back to say stuff.

I'm a huge fan of The Chinese Room, but yeah, Machine's biggest failing is that it's a walking simulator with very weak horror trappings and writing that's often overwrought even for TCR. It's often more comical than scary (the lowest point is when there's a jumpscare that's literally just a JPEG of a pig head popping up in the middle of your screen apropos of nothing), and the script's attempted theme - the horrors of industrialization and the brutality it will eventually bring at the eve of the 21st century - is buried under repetitive corridor-crawling, badly telegraphed plot twists, and lots and lots of recycled art assets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Obligatory have you played Soma? And if the answer is no, play Soma.

And Observer. Someone play Observer already. it's so good people.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I will!

I can't keep up with your videogame habits, yo. I'm broke as gently caress and can barely afford rent. I'll definitely play it when it goes on sale.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Ferretbrain's Arthur B did a pretty positive (and spoilery) review of Machine for Pigs - it seems it works better if you take it as its own thing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A Machine for Pigs? I just call it the PS4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 6, 2017

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

veni veni veni posted:

Both of these are on my list, if it helps.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ryoga posted:

Ever since the update I have been having an issue where the PSN just kinda stalls out.It will be fine when I first turn on the system, but after about 10 minutes it will no longer update game info on the dashboard, I cannot message friends, and the store will just sit on a loading screen for about 5 minutes until is brings up a message that PSN is currently undergoing maintenance. If i'm in a party or playing a game they continue functioning as normal despite not being able to load other things. A quick google search has revealed that this has been happening to people since launch with no explanation and sony's forums closing all threads about it with the solution being to run a connection test to restore functionality temporarily. Has anyone here had this problem and found a permanent solution for it?

This has kind of been happening to me since the firmware update. My internet speeds have gone to poo poo, and when I do the connection tests I get wildly different up/down speeds but none of them actually reflect what I get when I start a download. I used to be able to knock out like a gig in under 10 minutes and now I'm sitting here looking at a Marvel Heroes 1gb update scheduled for 73 minutes.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

marktheando posted:

Decided to go back to MGSV since it's conveniently on plus. Why is there no "new game" option? I know you can replay missions but I want to play with Quiet headshotting everybody and basically playing the game for me, and building up my base/army again.

Do I really have to delete my save data or move it via usb to achieve this?

You can get her back. Replay the mission you get her in 5 times without killing her. She will show back up at base. You might have to tranq her too. Google will help.

They patched it.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Just picked up a Pro as my first console, and the AU PSN store is having a sale so I can finally load it up with games, I've picked up my essentials (Last of Us, Bloodborne, Uncharted 1-4, HZD, Journey) and have some "Is it worth it on sale?" questions.

Is Ratchet and Clank's gameplay worth it if the family-friendly Pixar styling doesn't grab me?

Is Nioh worth it if I've put hundreds of hours into the Souls series but have no particular interest in Geralt in Japan?

And Gravity Rush Remastered/2 seems interesting with the flying around but the reviews are a real mixed bag. Any goons want to offer some opinions?

And I'm guessing Destiny 1 is more-or-less dead these days, is it worth playing through the collection single-player if I intend to pick up 2 sometime?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“hampig”" post="“477104002”"]
Just picked up a Pro as my first console, and the AU PSN store is having a sale so I can finally load it up with games, I’ve picked up my essentials (Last of Us, Bloodborne, Uncharted 1-4, HZD, Journey) and have some “Is it worth it on sale?” questions.

Is Ratchet and Clank’s gameplay worth it if the family-friendly Pixar styling doesn’t grab me?

Is Nioh worth it if I’ve put hundreds of hours into the Souls series but have no particular interest in Geralt in Japan?

And Gravity Rush Remastered/2 seems interesting with the flying around but the reviews are a real mixed bag. Any goons want to offer some opinions?

And I’m guessing Destiny 1 is more-or-less dead these days, is it worth playing through the collection single-player if I intend to pick up 2 sometime?
[/quote]

R+c is very good action combat

Nioh is fun at first but i personally was bored sick of it by the end

Gr was an amazing vita game. Gr2 is prettier but its a mediocre ps4 game in gameplay

Destiny 1 is not worth any ones time and never has been

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally deleted Nioh today since every time I have played it for months has been for like ten minutes at a time. The ridiculous more Diablo than Diablo loot system is a big part of it I think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres something off about it. I just stopped caring eventually once i was strong enough cause i knew all 6 of the enemy types by heart anyway and better gear didnt matter so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No need to play D1 at this point, it’ll be a ghost town so the best activities are dead and the story doesn’t really matter for 2.