Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Bloop posted:

All my implements get requested

All my requiments get implested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
can you remove the announcement notification

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

All my announcements get notificationed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

can you remove the announcement notification

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
The app doesn't get daily updates so spamming the thread about it is not particularly useful.

Also, please do not remove the announcement notification

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Thermopyle posted:

Please add ability to block posts about announcements

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

Please add ability to block posts about announcements

Ignore button works as long as you have space on your list.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Can you add more announcements please?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Any chance we can have an option to automatically switch between day/night themes depending on time of day?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Maybe! But it's a bit more complicated for this app since we have a custom theming system

But since everything goes through that it might be fairly straightforward to add some alt theme logic. I'll add it as an issue anyway

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

baka kaba posted:

Maybe! But it's a bit more complicated for this app since we have a custom theming system

But since everything goes through that it might be fairly straightforward to add some alt theme logic. I'll add it as an issue anyway

You could just have the users choose a theme for each day and night mode. That way they can still use whatever themes they want.

Ideally it would change automatically when the sun goes down, like with the Twitter app.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah I added an issue that lays out how it would work. I'm thinking an optional alternate theme that overrides the main user theme when appropriate. I'd have to look at how the system handles the day/night info though and if you can grab the system-wide settings

I don't know how Twitter does it but it's not going to be doing any fancy fading if that's what you're thinking!!

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Can we see polls and poll results for threads? Would be kinda nice to be able to.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That's on the list! and has been for a while

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

can you remove the announcement notification please

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Is there a fix for when the app gives the error "The page number you requested does not exist in this thread." besides uninstalling and reinstalling? I tried unbookmarking and marking as unread but still get it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Is there a fix for when the app gives the error "The page number you requested does not exist in this thread." besides uninstalling and reinstalling? I tried unbookmarking and marking as unread but still get it.

The forums are hosed due to a bug, the same thing is happening outside the app, see the comments about it in the technical thread over in QCS. So prob not an app issue.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So I just had a thing happen where I clocked on a link in an embedded tweet and the app tried to load the page in the little tweet window. I thought it was actually a feature so I tried scrolling but it doesn't move so I'm guessing it was some sort of bug where it didn't realize it was supposed to open in a browser??

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah the missing page thing is the forums being spooky after ZDR's posts mysteriously disappeared :spooky: The app's just throwing up the error you get in a browser when you try to load that page

site posted:

So I just had a thing happen where I clocked on a link in an embedded tweet and the app tried to load the page in the little tweet window. I thought it was actually a feature so I tried scrolling but it doesn't move so I'm guessing it was some sort of bug where it didn't realize it was supposed to open in a browser??

Got a link to the tweet? Those embedded versions are twitter's own widget so it's possible they did something weird

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

The bit.ly link? It works ok for me, opens in Chrome. External links should always open in another app, what version is your WebView on? (Android System WebView under Apps, unless you're using Samsung's own version or whatever)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

same

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

baka kaba posted:

The bit.ly link? It works ok for me, opens in Chrome. External links should always open in another app, what version is your WebView on? (Android System WebView under Apps, unless you're using Samsung's own version or whatever)

Yeah the bitly link

My tablet isn't compatible with webview app thing so i guess rip me

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

You definitely have a version of WebView (you're looking at it :skeltal:), maybe just not the separate updating version. What's your tablet, what Android version is it on? Does the same thing happen with other links in the tweet, like the date?

You too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah sorry, i meant the downloadable version i was looking at on Google store

But, strangely, now it's working fine on my tablet (nexus 10, v4.4.4) but not working my phone (Samsung galaxy s3, v4.3.1)

I have no idea what's going on.

Trying to add a screen cap but it doesn't seem to want to work

site fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 9, 2017

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I thought it was a misfired post; it displayed properly for me and the link opened in the browser as it should. Sorry about that. :downs:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

site posted:

Yeah sorry, i meant the downloadable version i was looking at on Google store

But, strangely, now it's working fine on my tablet (nexus 10, v4.4.4) but not working my phone (Samsung galaxy s3, v4.3.1)

I have no idea what's going on.

Trying to add a screen cap but it doesn't seem to want to work

Jelly Bean!

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

can you remove the announcement notification?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
No, but you can!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
And people said making fun of this guy was unnecessary

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

baka kaba posted:

That's on the list! and has been for a while

i hope using pm icons on the app are also on the list. might as well place the announcement yes/no slider/checkbox on the list too if the goal is to cut off a constant complaint of that subject in this thread which appears to be reoccurring here weekly.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

hey friend, can you remove the announcement notification?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yobgoblin posted:

i hope using pm icons on the app are also on the list. might as well place the announcement yes/no slider/checkbox on the list too if the goal is to cut off a constant complaint of that subject in this thread which appears to be reoccurring here weekly.

Nah it's someone posting every time they see a new announcement, I think they're enjoying it!

What's the PM icons thing again? Letting you choose one? Me and Sereri had a working version of that recently like a year ago but I don't know where it's up to, definitely doable though

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The problem with it was that we didn't have an icon for "no icon" and also that we didn't make a decision for what to do when there was no square icon available yet. We ended up with wanting to generate a square tag made from the rectangle tag with the rest filled with a zoomed/blurred version of it. Except none of the solutions worked for that because of the way the library we use handles icons. I think.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I thought the blurred thing was working ok? I mean it didn't look great but it was Fine

Might be time to go panning for gold in the old git mines

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Could probably snipe the no icon icon from .app if it helps.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Now this page is broken in the app

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

pokeyman posted:

Could probably snipe the no icon icon from .app if it helps.

Oh it's meant to show the real icon, but squarified so it kinda fits in with the others, until someone artistic makes an app version

I guess another alternative is using the square frog icon from the forums list, and just slap the site icon across the middle like we do with the forum abbreviation text. Could use the Palette library to theme the two colours if that's important!!

I sneaked into this thread by setting 30 posts per page :ssh:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

baka kaba posted:

I thought the blurred thing was working ok? I mean it didn't look great but it was Fine

Might be time to go panning for gold in the old git mines

I remember it working for the forums but not in that particular place. But it's been a while so you're probably right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I see ZDR posted in this thread, great