Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Deakul posted:

Holy gently caress that was brutal for Kumail. :cripes:

At least it's very clear from that that Kumail went into it thinking his voice would be orkified later and Monolith just didn't. I really love his: "Can you swear on this? Bro you hosed me." :lol:

Also please continue to be diligent with spoiler tags if you read something in the reviews or whatever that you think people that are staying away from them might not want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

They could have written some better lines for him at least. The lines I heard during Conan's segment were pretty unfunny

I thought they were funny in the context of the game.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Kumail orc has me dying. 10/10 game. The game director was probably only half joking when he asked Conan if he wanted to voice an orc. Give me a Conan orc, Monolith.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dongattack posted:

At least it's very clear from that that Kumail went into it thinking his voice would be orkified later and Monolith just didn't. I really love his: "Can you swear on this? Bro you hosed me." :lol:

Also please continue to be diligent with spoiler tags if you read something in the reviews or whatever that you think people that are staying away from them might not want to know.

Game director guy was sweating and loosening his collar a bit there.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SettingSun posted:

Kumail orc has me dying. 10/10 game. The game director was probably only half joking when he asked Conan if he wanted to voice an orc. Give me a Conan orc, Monolith.

I enjoy the comic relief orcs. The Shadow Of... games really have to have some levity here and there.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Deakul posted:

Game director guy was sweating and loosening his collar a bit there.

Eh, Clueless Gamer is always kind of awkward and silly, intentionally so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3dT9bDu_4

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Huzanko posted:

Eh, Clueless Gamer is always kind of awkward and silly, intentionally so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3dT9bDu_4

jesus

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you are the cancer killing video games, GMG appears to have its Steam keys available. Pre-load is not up yet however, if it will be at all.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Orv posted:

If you are the cancer killing video games, GMG appears to have its Steam keys available. Pre-load is not up yet however, if it will be at all.

What's wrong with GMG? They're actually a legit reseller, as far as I know.
They don't do the grey market poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

What's wrong with GMG? They're actually a legit reseller, as far as I know.
They don't do the grey market poo poo.

I mean that you pre-ordered.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Orv posted:

Oh. Fair enough.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Conan used Shaming

Agonizer Leveled Down

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

lol Conan just relentlessly mocks Kumail's orc voice acting

Good, its truly awful.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
To be fair to Kumail, it sounds like he did the job he was instructed to do.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yeah, it's really weird that they didn't actually do anything with his voice.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Part of me thinks that it's all intentional. You don't get a guy who just got off of being savaged for his unedited voice work in another game to come in and do more VO for your game and then call his work "the Agonizer" without being at least something of a joke.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Orv posted:

Part of me thinks that it's all intentional. You don't get a guy who just got off of being savaged for his unedited voice work to come in and do more VO for your game and then call his work "the Agonizer" without being at least something of a joke.

Of course it is. This is all part of the marketing push for the game. No one would go on Conan if they thought it might actually make them look bad. It's still really funny though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

To be fair, The Agonizer succeeded in being a great addition to the Nemesis System because the game isn't even out and I already want to kill the gently caress out of that orc.

EDIT: I wonder if he has unique lines for being mind broken/insane from shaming.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Orv posted:

It was almost 50% off for a new AAA title.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

It was almost 50% off for a new AAA title.

Yeah, that's why I pre-ordered. I was making fun of the goons who get themselves in a righteous fury over pre-ordering video games. Admittedly I don't know that any of them post in here. :shrug:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

A funny recurring thing I keep seeing in the positive Youtube reviews is whiny shitlords going ":smug: How much did WB have to pay you? :smug:"
and "I DON"T CARE IF IT'S GOOD,MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE LITERALLY HITLER!" The latter are especially funny, because whenever someone points out they're completely optional they just ignore it and keep blubbering "MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE BAD,MMMKAY?!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What else did Kumail voice that also made people mad

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Calaveron posted:

That Salarian administrator in Mass Effect Andromeda comes to mind.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Some character in Mass Effect: Andromeda AKA Horrible Face Simulator.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda, I read.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

A funny recurring thing I keep seeing in the positive Youtube reviews is whiny shitlords going ":smug: How much did WB have to pay you? :smug:"
and "I DON"T CARE IF IT'S GOOD,MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE LITERALLY HITLER!" The latter are especially funny, because whenever someone points out they're completely optional they just ignore it and keep blubbering "MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE BAD,MMMKAY?!"

Microtransactions are optional in all games, doesn't mean I have to like them.

I can loving guarantee that this game wouldn't have a lootbox system (which are always terrible) if they didn't feel the need to shoehorn microtransactions in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

He actually worked as a salarian at least.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Andrast posted:

I can loving guarantee that this game wouldn't have a lootbox system (which are always terrible) if they didn't feel the need to shoehorn microtransactions in.

You could just do what I do..and ignore them? Rather than bitching about them constantly? Just a thought.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

You could just do what I do..and ignore them? Rather than bitching about them constantly? Just a thought.

I don't think responding to you whine about mean youtube comments not liking lootboxes qualifies as bitching about them constantly. Here's a hint, don't read youtube comments.

I'm probably buying this game from a sale when it's cheap since SoM was fun enough even if it was far too easy. Warner bros. is also the last loving company I trust to not make things needlessly grindy at points to encourage people to buy their microtransactions.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Andrast posted:

I can loving guarantee that this game wouldn't have a lootbox system (which are always terrible) if they didn't feel the need to shoehorn micro-transactions in.

They're horrible but like all features we hate they're here to stay in <jim sterling voice>AAA games</jim sterling voice>. The extreme minority who cares enough about them to not buy a game featuring them are only a small hiccup in sales. I absolutely hate the loot box system in Battlefront 2, and right now it's a no-go for me, but if it's really good, I may have to reconsider - EA knows this.

The industry is smart enough backdoor them into pretty much all games by first putting them in games people are pretty much going to buy no matter what since it's basically just a yearly update game - NBA 2K, CoD, Forza - and widely played by people who don't follow games much beyond a few reviews and a purchase.

They don't care if you and I like them. They care about micro-transactions becoming a thing our children will expect and accept, in the same way YouTube advertisers know they're advertising to children, teenagers, and people without money - it's not about today; it's about tomorrow.

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 6, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deakul posted:

He actually worked as a salarian at least.

wow that's racist man. I guess everyone foriegn sounds like a salarian to you?

(yea he fit well there)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

sexpig by night posted:

wow that's racist man. I guess everyone foriegn sounds like a salarian to you?

(yea he fit well there)

yes

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I want Kevin Hart ork instead :mad:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dongattack posted:

I want The Rock to be an ork

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I want gilbert gottfried to be the love interest.just over the top overtly sexualized caracther model and the sweet ring of "HELLO LOVER!"

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Iron Crowned posted:

I want The Rock to be an ork

Dongattack posted:

ChainsawCharlie posted:

I want gilbert gottfried to be the love interest.just over the top overtly sexualized caracther model and the sweet ring of "HELLO LOVER!"

I smell an endless amount of DLC cooking!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Amazon's trolling me pretty hard. Normally when I pre-order games there I get the games on release day, now they're telling me my expected delivery date is on the 12th. I know it's only 2 days and all but it still stings.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Skandranon posted:

I smell an endless amount of DLC cooking!

I still want that Terry Crews Orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

VolticSurge posted:

I still want that Terry Crews Orc.

Talion enters Minas Morgul... "I remember when this was a shining Gondorian City... All those lives lost..."
"It will be again" he thinks as he mounts a Caragor. "I swear it."

"The Nazguul sure have wrought havok here..." He says inspecting the once proud spires.
"I'm sure with a few good men we" is all he can say before he hears a familiar bellow beyond the horizon. "OLD SPICE BODYWASH WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO POWERFUL IT'LL BLOW YOUR MIND RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE"
"P-P-P-P-POWER" is the last thing both he and you hear before the game crashes to desktop and uninstalls itself.

• Locked thread