Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Anything for Cuphead? The store looks like it's not self explanatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mayor McCheese posted:

My buddies roped me into Destiny 2. Any tips would be appreciated!

Also I heard there's some sort of currency or items I shouldn't cash-in/use until I'm level 20?

Two minor things, one for as you're going through the game, the other for post game:

-Public Events are everywhere. To get better rewards, turn them into Heroic Events by completing hidden objectives. The objectives are based on the event type, so for the Cabal drilling mission you need to blow up the nearby ship whether you're on Earth or Nessus. Generally, if you're doing an event and you see other players shooting/doing something weird, do it with them.

-Especially late in the game I've found some milestones just don't get updated unless you go to orbit. In some cases it's really loving stupid about it, too - the one to unlock Nightfalls requires you to talk to a character to complete the previous stage of the quest, go into orbit, then go back and speak to that same character. No idea why it works that way but don't bang your head against a wall too much if it seems like something isn't triggering right.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Anyone have a comment on Hob? I've played a little bit. Currently wondering if there's any missable collectables or if there's ever any upgrade to help me track them all down.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
In MGSV:The Phantom Pain (as it's 'free' on PS+ this month) any advise on wether to bother with online stuff at all? Game prompts some optional downloads when you open it and blathers about FOBs but is it only for e-peens?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Tylana posted:

In MGSV:The Phantom Pain (as it's 'free' on PS+ this month) any advise on wether to bother with online stuff at all? Game prompts some optional downloads when you open it and blathers about FOBs but is it only for e-peens?

Play the game normally without worrying about them until they introduce FOBs in the plot and you get your first one. There's two kinds of FOBs. There's the kind everyone has, where they just passively give you resources and raise your recruitment cap and such. You can occasionally throw some upgrades its way, and it'll pay for itself a million times over. You'll want to have this because they give good stuff, costs you peanuts, and requires you to do nothing. Technically your FOB could get invaded by another player and they could steal some resources, but the amount of resources they steal would be a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of resources the FOB provides, and besides nobody will ever invade your FOB because they'll all be going after...

The other kind of FOB. The ultra hardcore multiplayer poopsocker's FOB. These are the ones with nuclear weapons, 500 kinds of defenses and ultra-elite high rank superguards wearing giant riot armor suits etc etc. There's millions and millions and millions of resources bundled into these things, and they're the only FOBs lucrative enough for the multiplayer invaders to want to invade, because all their equipment is Nth-tier nonsense and it costs them a solid gold aircraft carrier each time they want to shoot their rifle. You will never even approach this level of nonsense by just playing the singleplayer game, so you need not worry about it at all.

tl:dr, get an FOB when prompted, don't worry about defending it, upgrade it however you want. I played the game for like 2-3 months and my FOB was never invaded even once.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I hemmed and hawed about the FOB situation (especially since in my case I didn't have PS+, so even if I wanted to defend my base I couldn't), but in the end no one touched any of the 3 or so that I had in the several months that I played the game. On the other hand the resources they dole out is huge and require peanuts to upgrade.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
When you invade an FOB it let's that person know, maybe only if you fail though, I forget. So usually they'll invade you back, but also I think invading FOBs does something else that makes people invade it more, so if you like that aspect the game throws it at you more often. I got invaded a few dozen times without doing more than say 3~5 invasions myself but I was playing at launch, lately it's nothing, but with it being free I imagine it'll ramp up again.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

Brightman posted:

When you invade an FOB it let's that person know, maybe only if you fail though, I forget. So usually they'll invade you back, but also I think invading FOBs does something else that makes people invade it more, so if you like that aspect the game throws it at you more often. I got invaded a few dozen times without doing more than say 3~5 invasions myself but I was playing at launch, lately it's nothing, but with it being free I imagine it'll ramp up again.

Your potential FOB targets are people who are the same rank as you - if you never do any invasions, you'll only get matched up with the other people who never invade.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

What are some tips for final fantasy explorers? I just started and Ranger seems fun.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Nomadic Scholar posted:

What are some tips for final fantasy explorers? I just started and Ranger seems fun.

The stuff that was posted before ended up on the wiki, but a big one to remember is that a lot of things (skills, gear, etc.) is gated by story progression. You don't actually level up at all.

You may as well upgrade your gear as much as you can. The stat difference between max-upgraded gears is pretty slight, so go nuts.

Class choice not only determines your stats, weapon proficiency, and unique skill, but also which skills have less Load. A Knight will be able to carry all the sword skills it wants, but won't be able to carry very many or high-tier magic spells. A Black Mage can have lots of high-tier black magic, but won't be able to carry many time magic spells.

A skill that does multiple types of damage (for instance, Fira with a Water modifier) will do damage with whatever the target is most susceptible to. So while it seems sensible to stack +Fire onto Fira, try diversifying so you aren't loaded down with redundant skills.

On the other hand, stacking White Magic with stuff like Regen, Heal, +Def, etc. is a great idea. Similarly, putting +damage or +crit on the Block/Counter-like skills is also good.

Skills can have up to 16 "stacks". The wiki says each skill can have only 4 different mutations but I'm not sure that's true. You can have different versions of skills by going back to an earlier version and putting different mutations on it (eg., a Cure3 with 2 regen and 1 +def is different than a Cure3 with 3 regen). You'll have to spend the CP to learn them separately, however.

On a related note: you can refund (and lose access to) earlier versions of skills by making sure they're unequipped and then selling them at the big crystal in town. This is really handy early on when CP is at a premium and really early versions of skills are objectively worse than ones you just bought. You cannot refund the very basic unmutated version of skills.

The big boss monsters will always be in the same spot, usually at the end of one of those 3-part paths.

There are definitely better and worse monsters to take with you. Black Knight is one of the best and available relatively early; consider farming them until their atmalith drops. Other good ones are Centurions, Ahmiran, and Magic Pots for damage, White Chocobo and Cactaur for support.

You can "fuse" monsters like in those gacha card phone games to provide extra XP for monsters. It's not very cost-effective and the same effect can be had from just messing around in Free Roam for a while (monsters do level, and very quickly), but it's something you can do if you have a ton of garbage atmaliths and gil burning a hole in your pocket.

Blue Mage is also fun as hell. The gun-using classes don't seem great.

im cute fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 6, 2017

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm finally getting around to the newest Hitman game and am having a bit of trouble just trying to figure out how to do anything. I'm still poking around in the tutorial fake-ship area, which might be the problem, but the game gave me a list of neat things you're supposed to be able to do in the tutorial and I can't even figure out how to lead people out of sight let alone anything more complex,

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I got Darkest Dungeon on the Steam Sale, please give me pro tips for success and not loving myself over.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Alopex posted:

I got Darkest Dungeon on the Steam Sale, please give me pro tips for success and not loving myself over.

- Stuns are real good on the enemies that are weak to it. Denying your enemy turns is the main way to stay ahead and some classes with the right trinkets can stun all the time, giving your damage-dealers enough time to stomp holes.
- Don't sleep on DoT attacks if the enemy has high PROT. Sometimes, it's faster to make them bleed to death than whacking them with your weapons. (Skeletons don't bleed, please do not try to do that. Use blight instead.)
- As long as your heroes have 1 HP, they cannot be instantly killed. Any attack after while they're at 0 can probably do it, but if you bring them back even with a lovely heal, they can keep on trucking.
- It's ideal to have a party that can hit all 4 ranks at all times. The stressful enemies enjoy chilling in the back away from that Leper, so you're going to need someone with good range to hit them.
- Causing enemies to move around can sometimes gently caress up their damage potential. The Cultist Brawler gets a lovely attack that causes scratch damage and no bleed if he's pushed to the back, for example.
- Improve the Stage Coach to give you at least 4 new heroes per week. You can toss newcomers into basic dungeons and fire them once they bring back enough loot unless you like them or they have a good spread of quirks.
- If they have Kleptomania and they're not the first Crusader you get, send them packing unless they're worth fixing.
- Once they become unlocked, focus on fixing up the Guild and the Blacksmith. Levels restrict what your heroes can have and you generally don't want to spend on them unless you know they're worth it in the long run.
- Sometimes, loving up is okay and so is running away. Unless you're playing on hard, there's no true loss condition and you're always gaining power.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

flatluigi posted:

I'm finally getting around to the newest Hitman game and am having a bit of trouble just trying to figure out how to do anything. I'm still poking around in the tutorial fake-ship area, which might be the problem, but the game gave me a list of neat things you're supposed to be able to do in the tutorial and I can't even figure out how to lead people out of sight let alone anything more complex,

Throwing a coin can be a good way to distract people, whether you want to lead them around a corner or lead them into your arms.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Alopex posted:

Abominations can't group up with characters with the 'Religious' trait, so Crusader/Vestal/Leper

The town is your character, not the heroes. The heroes are fodder to toss at angry Lovecraftian horrors. You're going to lose heroes a lot; try not to let it get you down and make you quit. Once you get the Stage Coach upgraded to 100%, it becomes much less of a grind to replace high-level heroes. Sometimes it's even worth sending in 4 scrubs without provisions just to scrounge up some loot.

The Antiquarian has to be the hero actually looting something in order to receive the bonus money item that they trigger. She doesn't have to be in front; she just has to be the highlighted hero when you loot something in the environment.

Don't loot that weird structure with the red orb unless you think you can handle what happens next. Alternatively DO loot it because lol

Mr. Dragoon
May 7, 2008
Anything for Might and Magic 8?

And if I end up liking it should I try 6/7 out?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Mr. Dragoon posted:

Anything for Might and Magic 8?

And if I end up liking it should I try 6/7 out?
Question part one: No. Well O.K. I suppose it is worth saying that in all the Might & Magic games, buff spells (the kind that, per my avatar, make your baseline "interface skull just sitting there" change by getting an eye or a halo or other things) are far more useful than in the average RPG, at least in my experience. As in, I basically never use long-term beneficial spells in CRPGs because I CANNOT BE BOTHERED but in the Might & Magic series I pretty much always rock things like Wizard Eye (automapping/showing hazards/stuff like that), Levitation (avoiding some hazards), Day of the Gods (buffs to everything your party does), and uh whatever other ones there are.

I do not recall things levelling to you at all; pretty sure VI, VII, and VIII all work like that, so you can instantly tell where the game expects you to be based on whether a thing can kill you with a glance from across the prairie.

Question part two: Absolutely. They are like 90% the same game (not in a bad way; the main changes are a few interface tweaks and alterations to race/class/party size but otherwise all virtually the same experience with different worlds [though they had a real problem in VI where sometimes they were like "hey, hundreds and hundreds of difficult-to-kill enemies that drop no treasure are fun, right?"])

Unrelated to anything else, the composer for those games deserves a drat medal for taking the likely instruction "hey, make some generic orchestral RPG poo poo" and turning in multiple songs in every game that still stick in my head decades later.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TheHoosier posted:

Abominations can't group up with characters with the 'Religious' trait, so Crusader/Vestal/Leper
Where is it mentioned if a class is religious? Or does the game just go "figure it out from the class name"?

Also, if I get an affliction (not disease or anything like that, just the fearful/abusive/etc. you get from failing stress test), where can I see what exactly it does without checking each individual stat and possibly still missing unrelated effects?

quote:

Don't loot that weird structure with the red orb unless you think you can handle what happens next. Alternatively DO loot it because lol
gently caress you for posting that an hour too late.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Anything for Persona 2 Innocent Sin? In particular to do with Tarot Card use because I feel like I'm shooting the darkness and praying when it comes to this.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Anything for Persona 2 Innocent Sin? In particular to do with Tarot Card use because I feel like I'm shooting the darkness and praying when it comes to this.
Fun fact, Persona 2 is in fact mentioned in the very first post of this thread :eng101:

On top of what's there, Tech>Vitally>Agility>Strength. Ideally you should be ending the game with your MC having completely maxed Tech and maxed Vitality. This can be accomplished by being selective with your Persona selection (it should show what parameters they boost on level ups) and equipping items that boost something else. I think they called X Sauce/Source? So like "Vitality Source" or something of that nature.

If you're able to establish a bond with a demon, when you negotiate with them you'll get Free Tarots. These are great because you can put them into any arcana. And with enough bonds on the demons in an area, you can alternate between killing enemies and negotiating with them in such a way that you regenerate HP/SP (by walking around and using healing spells) and therefore be able to dungeon crawl forever.

Try to end every battle with Fusion spells, as they afford you bonuses like boosting persona parameters, getting you items, or even getting the Persona to upgrade itself into a new form.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
WHat difficulty should I play Fallout: New Vegas on? I played F3 on Hard and enjoyed the additional challenge at first, but I hit the level cap pretty early on and ended up wandering a Wasteland populated by high-level enemies that couldn't do much damage to me, but took forever to kill themselves, which was hella tedious. Is NV balanced better in this regard?

Also, any general tips for Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions or DBZ Raging Blast?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Pizdec posted:

WHat difficulty should I play Fallout: New Vegas on? I played F3 on Hard and enjoyed the additional challenge at first, but I hit the level cap pretty early on and ended up wandering a Wasteland populated by high-level enemies that couldn't do much damage to me, but took forever to kill themselves, which was hella tedious. Is NV balanced better in this regard?

NV doesn't end up like that. Nothing in NV is anywhere near as spongey as 3's post-L20 enemies. The enemies in the DLC areas can be a bit meatier than those in the Mojave but still not near the likes of Ghoul Reavers or Albino Radscorpions. I'd say if you found Hard to be comfortable in 3 you'll be happy with it in NV, especially when you figure out when you should be using which type of ammo.

Also NV doesn't do the whole XP scales with difficulty thing. There's even a loading screen tip that tells you as much.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If you play Hardcore, though (I find it fun but I know not everyone does), then find a mod that removes the part where followers die permanently, because there's a certain type of Cazador that can kill them almost instantly because of a bug with how damage-over-time works.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Pizdec posted:

WHat difficulty should I play Fallout: New Vegas on?

Even though it's technically not a Bethesda game, it still follows their pattern: default difficulty is easy, Hard is normal, easy is only for if you are eight years old and playing your first computer game ever.

Personally I think the sweet spot for difficulty is Hard plus hardcore plus the unofficial patch.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What should I know for Shadows of Mordor if I'm trying to have the most fun (ie not make everything too easy)? When is a good time to slow down on the main questline and start doing collectathon stuff?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What should I know for Shadows of Mordor if I'm trying to have the most fun (ie not make everything too easy)? When is a good time to slow down on the main questline and start doing collectathon stuff?

Do missions until at least the other world area and you get the ability to brand and command followers. You can travel between the two areas at any time, so it's not a point of no return.

If you don't want to make anything too easy, mostly hold off on buying health upgrades (as chances of death for screwing up always make it harder) and don't abuse the thing that lets you spam two finishers in a row that effectively lets you AOE kill entire mobs of orcs.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Gynovore posted:

Even though it's technically not a Bethesda game, it still follows their pattern: default difficulty is easy, Hard is normal, easy is only for if you are eight years old and playing your first computer game ever.

Personally I think the sweet spot for difficulty is Hard plus hardcore plus the unofficial patch.
I would heavily recommend against Hardcore on a first playthrough. Hard is probably fine.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The best thing I found was to not take health levels. That way, if you're good you can plow through masses of orcs pretty well, but you're not invincible and fights with multiple big enemies can be really fun and challenging.

The best time to just screw around is probably after you unlock all of the story-gated abilities. The skills menu tells you which ones those are.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of advice I wanted.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi, I'm playing Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age and I broadly know what I'm doing, but is there anywhere that has a list of good gambits?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Hi, I'm playing Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age and I broadly know what I'm doing, but is there anywhere that has a list of good gambits?

Most custom gambit lists are boss specific for when you really need to dig into them. The only other time I had to modify them was for farming to max level or turning them off when stealing. For Nihopalaoa, I just manually tossed remedies and such when I needed to abuse it.

The game is pretty smart regarding the targeting "Any" for things like Poaching, Protect, and such, so it knows not to just try and spam those skills or use items unless the conditions are met. Shame it doesn't work for stealing.

Use the condition "weak vs" for your Black/White Magic, have an answer to flying enemies for your non-casters, Time Mages can take advantage of 2+/3+/4+ enemy modifiers for their spells, Lure on your tank is useful for that too, and the obvious cures/heals/buffs for the rest. If you plan on going through Great Crystal Depths, add Serum to your gambits to counter Disease so you don't burn through all your remedies, leaving you with 1hp to get out.

Finally you might want a healing gambit to top off your team after battle, at least until you have Ribbon, just to take advantage of the bonuses at max health.

Edit:
I guess this didn't make it to the wiki, but here's some general tips:

Mayor McCheese posted:

Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age

General
-L3 brings up a map on your HUD.
-L1 lets you fast forward. You can toggle between 2x and 4x speeds in the options menu.
-You must now pick a job for each character, and later you will have access to a second job.
-Monks & Knights are well rounded; Bushi, Shikari, Forbreaker & Uhlan are melee damage dealers; Archer, Machinist, & Black Mage are range damage dealers; White Mage, Red Mage & Time Mage are support.
-As long as a character is not taking an action or being the target of one, you can hot swap them out in combat.
-Selling loot unlocks items you can purchase under the 'Bazaar' tab. There is an invisible counter that will reset back to 0 once you sell the appropriate amount of items needed to unlock your reward.
-Damage dealt is now uncapped.
-Endgame spells and techniques are no longer purchased but must be found in chests at fixed locations. Many of these chests have a 20%+ spawn rate such as Hastega and Wither.
-Some gates cannot be unlocked until the player completes a side quest such as healing the sick prisoner at Dalmasca Estersands.
-There are 7 Monographs in the game purchased in the bazaar. Monographs allow for rare loot to drop from different enemy types. Examine the hunt board 40 times and talk to these shopkeepers until it unlocks: Weapon, Armor, Magick

Gear
-Guns deal fixed damage and do not scale with stats. This is balanced by damage dealt being unblockable, has a piercing effect, bonus damage from elemental bullets/gear.
-Spears and Poles can hit flying enemies.
-Axes and Hammers have a large damage range.
-Katanas get bonus damage from your magic stat.
-Black Robes deal bonus damage with Dark spells/weapons.
-White Robes deal bonus damage with Holy spells/weapons.
-Burning Bow deals bonus damage with Fire spells/arrows.
-Ribbons have bonus passive Regen & Libra traits.
-The rare hunt club at Phon Coast now offers better rewards including a second Genji Glove.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Pierzak posted:

Where is it mentioned if a class is religious? Or does the game just go "figure it out from the class name"?

Also, if I get an affliction (not disease or anything like that, just the fearful/abusive/etc. you get from failing stress test), where can I see what exactly it does without checking each individual stat and possibly still missing unrelated effects?

gently caress you for posting that an hour too late.

I think it's a behind-the-scenes trait, to be honest. It affects some Camping Skills as well. IIRC it's a class trait and not an individual trait i.e. all Crusaders are Religious. Should only be Leper/Crusader/Vestal

You should be able to check it in your character sheet. I can't launch the game to confirm but I think affliction effects appear in your character sheet.

Happens to the best of us, friend.

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 9, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Anything for the new(ish) Doom game? I know in previous incarnations saving up ammo was unnecessary and just blitzing through whatever you were given was generally the best plan as you'd be thrown a bunch of stuff if you were about to need it. Is that still the case?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

!Klams posted:

Anything for the new(ish) Doom game? I know in previous incarnations saving up ammo was unnecessary and just blitzing through whatever you were given was generally the best plan as you'd be thrown a bunch of stuff if you were about to need it. Is that still the case?

Kill.

RIP AND TEAR.

ALL ARE SPORT AND GLORY FOR THE DOOM MARINE.

THOSE WHO LOCK THE DOORS KNOW NOT THEIR FOLLY, FOR THEY ARE LOCKED IN WITH YOU.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

!Klams posted:

Enemies killed by the chainsaw drop a ton of ammo, so you can just use all the guns you like and then chainsaw some dudes in half to restock your ammo. Glory kills drop lots of health, so rip and tear if you're wounded.

Other than that there's nothing to worry about. You can repeat chapters and there's enough of the upgrade currencies to get everything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Get the map upgrades first, they're invaluable and the others aren't that great.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The new DOOM really encourages you to use all of your weapons for each big monster arena. When deciding between upgrades, think about the type of demon you want to get better at taking down.

I should really replay DOOM at some point.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I should really replay DOOM at some point.

same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also never fast travel, use pass time or whatever it's called to get from one spawn point to another. That way stuff happens, new orc bosses spawn and conflicts are resolved.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
anything for Divinity: Original Sin 2?

all i know is that the perk for talking to animals is mandatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

duckfarts posted:

anything for Divinity: Original Sin 2?

all i know is that the perk for talking to animals is mandatory

If you're going to do a no companion or one companion run Lone Wolf is a great perk and those runs are totally viable. If you're bringing one companion along, remember to actually put Lone Wolf on them too.

You get an item at the end of act 1 that lets you respec whenever you want, so don't worry about screwing up your character.

Pixel hunt in areas that seem like dead ends, there are some times where there are interactable objects you wouldn't think would be, and as far as I can tell (myself having not played a ton), there's not a way to highlight interactable objects, just loot.

Exploration is often rewarded with additional loot and/or XP if you stumble across either fights or items, or fights that give items.

Sometimes sweet talking people will get them on your side in fights that happen near them. Oh, and if you don't like somebody, you always (so far?) have the option to murder them, though man are there some fights where it's not particularly a good idea because if you attack some guy all his friends nearby will probably come and help (though there is a range limit on it, if you can isolate them).