Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I know of at least one occurence of naturally evolved gears, which is one more than I would have expected.

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/12/this-insect-has-gears-in-its-legs/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

TheCenturion posted:

I liked Circuitbreaker. I liked how Marvel wasn't afraid to explore different ideas in their comics.

Real talk: The 'Nam still holds up. The middle or so definitely becomes a bit less focused, but goddamn does that series still hold up. Hama strikes again.

Hell yes it does. I wish they'd put more up on Unlimited, used to live that book back in the day.

Circuit Breaker was hilarious in that they forced her into 2 panels of an issue of Secret Wars 2 a week or so before her appearance in Transformers. gently caress you, Hasbro!! Original character do not steal!!!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phy posted:

I know of at least one occurence of naturally evolved gears, which is one more than I would have expected.

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/12/this-insect-has-gears-in-its-legs/

There is also that one bacteria that essentially emulates an outboard engine as it swims. Creationists thought it was proof it was made by a God until people pointed out the perfectly scientific reason it existed. Well, creationists still thought it was proof but there is no pleasing them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Molecular motors are good and cool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

*storm blows a stick onto a rock* Ah a naturally occurring lever.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

Duh Flash, it was going to go the silly way or be something unfun or boring like:

I appreciated this and think it's a shame it was wasted at the bottom of a page.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Marvel Fanfare #7

Marvel Fanfare #9

Marvel Fanfare #27

Marvel Fanfare #51

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Fanfare #27

Solid evidence that Pete is a glutton for punishment.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lobok posted:

Solid evidence that Pete is a glutton for punishment.

Thread rules prohibit me from posting an image of Madelyne Pryor saying "Face it, Tiger".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Northrop-Grumman + Marvel thing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It’s a pretty big leap from “Down with the man” to “I hope we sell the government more missiles this year.” They must have cut him a pretty fat check to get him so sell out so comprehensively. I can’t wait to hear all about his superhero adventure!

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

a kitten posted:

gently caress, that's even worse than I'd imagined.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

What's profoundly funny is that gives the impression that the defense contractor superhero team is, in fact, a completely bog-standard action hero team. I think you can find the same young-rebel-turned-sour-expert archetype in so many stories that it's hard to name a single example.

e: Global Frequency?

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 7, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/7/16440850/marvel-northrop-grumman-comic-event-canceled-nycc-2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I have PMs. Someone let me know where I can get a copy of this gem (or read it online). We have a lot of Northrop Grumman in my office, so this is Mission Critical.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toshimo posted:

I have PMs. Someone let me know where I can get a copy of this gem (or read it online). We have a lot of Northrop Grumman in my office, so this is Mission Critical.

The full book was on imgur but I can't currently find it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Toshimo posted:

It was only released on their website, briefly. They planned to give out the physical book after the panel, but, well....

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That book does not belong in the funny thread because there's nothing funny about it.

Take it to the thread where this is being discussed as I'm sure there's much in there worth making GBS threads on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Got a link to said thread? I think it'll be a hoot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats pretty drat hilarious and tone deaf. You're not the comedy police.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 9, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lobok posted:

Duh Flash, it was going to go the silly way or be something unfun or boring like:

Stegograhpy - The art of drawing rad dinosaurs.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Batgirl #14

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

With lines like that it's a wonder he even bothers with a secret identity.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bruceski posted:

With lines like that it's a wonder he even bothers with a secret identity.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

TwoPair posted:

Batgirl #14

This is the same Batgirl from a few years ago, right? I mean, it's probably the hair, but that batgirl looked like a teen and this one looks more adult.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CzarChasm posted:

This is the same Batgirl from a few years ago, right? I mean, it's probably the hair, but that batgirl looked like a teen and this one looks more adult.

Going by the costumes I think this is probably a flashback scene.

E. Not that that makes it make sense that she looks older here but Babs age has been very flexible since the beginning of the new 52 and nobody was sure what was canon or how long she had been paralyzed or whatever. It's completely dependent on the artist at this point.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 9, 2017

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Cobra Commander,
he's my chum,
I trust him like
I trust my gun!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but how is Cobra Commander gonna drink that wine?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Carefully

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He's got a straw built into the mask.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

A well-worn classic but hell, why not:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

Cobra Commander,
he's my chum,
I trust him like
I trust my gun!
I notice CC says the new guy is a "published" poet, without actually commenting on the quality of his poetry.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Zereth posted:

I notice CC says the new guy is a "published" poet, without actually commenting on the quality of his poetry.

It's a plot detail in the GI Joe comics that Major Bludd is actually a godawful poet, and his poetry has only been published in the newsletter of a prison he was in.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lightning Lord posted:

It's a plot detail in the GI Joe comics that Major Bludd is actually a godawful poet, and his poetry has only been published in the newsletter of a prison he was in.

That is wonderful.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok but how is Cobra Commander gonna drink that wine?

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

He's got a straw built into the mask.

GI Joe 24, he keeps the straw in his pocket.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ooh, they've got cookies! Just what every supervillain dinner needs.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

robziel posted:

GI Joe 24, he keeps the straw in his pocket.

How safe is a helmet that's lined with plastic explosives?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

prefect posted:

How safe is a helmet that's lined with plastic explosives?

Depends. If you use enough explosives then nobody's going to want to shoot you.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
perfectly safe until you try and take it off without the proper code sequence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The funny thing is, he's not the only member of Cobra who does that trick. Destro's mask was also rigged with explosives or electricity. It takes a very specific combination to take it off. Which Duke managed one time with a perfect punch to Destro's face.