Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davestones
May 7, 2009
Does anyone have any recommendations for third party straps for the series 3 in the uk? I haven't worn a watch in maybe 10 years so the whole thing is relatively new to me and don't want to be dropping the big bucks for genuine ones straight away if they aren't going to fit/suit.

Probably going to be a steel band or woven nylon really, I hate the rubber/silicone style ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
The Snapchat and Twitter icons have been broken since updating to iOS 4 on my series 2. Anyone else? Or reset and it will fix itself.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I’ve had a bunch of icons randomly break.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anya posted:

The Snapchat and Twitter icons have been broken since updating to iOS 4 on my series 2. Anyone else? Or reset and it will fix itself.

Snapchat doesn't have a watch app though and Twitter dropped support with their latest update.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think he just means the app icon in the notification. I also have been getting blank ones but now I can’t remember which app it was.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I feel like Best Buy has hit their "clearance" pricing for Series 2 watches -- they're down to very limited availability in-store and online of all models. Space Black Stainless Steel 42mm is down to $429. They've also got a Space Black w/ Milanese Loop, but seemingly no (silver) stainless steel left online. I hopped on it because I really wanted to upgrade to a Space Black, but wasn't interested in paying like $650+ for data/voice I won't use and apps opening a second quicker.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ah. Never mind my comment then.

What kind of battery life are you guys getting using the Siri face? I'm ending the day at like 15% with it on my 0.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Yeah, it's the mirrored notifications. Looking online, apparently it's quite a widespread issue.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is this thread giving anyone else problems?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is this thread giving anyone else problems?

Yeah I had to change the perpage variable in the URL to 30 to get it to load.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I guess we have to post to get to the next page?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah,

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Still not working

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So is this thread stuck in the void? Can I even post this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gotta be close

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I tried to spam and all the posts went into the void... or I accidentally spammed a different thread and haven't realized it yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Come on now we can do this.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Anyone else having issues with this thread missing a page number? Not that I'll be able to read your replies ...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Almost there!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

test two

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 6, 2017

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Seems like it's working for me now.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Doesn't work to launch from bookmarks but I can go back a page manually and get it.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
I can see!

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Now it's broken again

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Is this thread working yet?

Edit:

What are the chances of an Apple Watch shipping early?

An iPhone 8 ordered after release had something like a "2 week" delivery estimate.

For example, my current iPhone 8 (256GB) was ordered on Sep 28th and Apple gave me a "Delivers by Oct 12" message... but then suddenly on the 29th or 30th the order changed to "Preparing to Ship", and it was in my hands by Oct 2nd.

My order for a Space Black Stainless Steel at the same time still has its November delivery date listed.

Xenomorph fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 6, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SBSS came in! Worth every penny (not really), but man, I did not expect this thing to be such a fingerprint magnet. This is gonna drive me crazy.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Not liking the 'fog'-colored sports band on my Series 3 as much as I thought I would.

What are the goon-recommended third-party strap brands to shop for? I'd mostly be looking for other colors of sports bands or maybe something in the style of a NATO strap.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 8, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Still not working?

phongn
Oct 21, 2006

Xenomorph posted:

What are the chances of an Apple Watch shipping early?
Mine did. ETA was 13-20 October and it arrived 2 October.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone else had their watch die but you put it on the charger and it's like at 90%?

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Went for a 2 hour run this weekend with LTE disabled, downloaded music playing, and Strava running, and my S3 still had 50% battery at the end. I'm ok with that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is that good?!

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

It's better than the first time I did that with LTE on and it dropped to 23%. I forgot to add, it was at about 90% when I started.

Would I prefer it not eat that much battery? Well, yeah...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What up watch thread is this fixed yet?

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

What up watch thread is this fixed yet?

We have to keep posting until the server gets smart.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I guess it's perma broken then.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

How is it broken?

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

How is it broken?

If you click on the last read button it doesn’t load. You have to go into the thread and manually pick the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Maybe we should start a new thread ...

• Locked thread