Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
How can you call yourself a prepper when you can't even prepare your girlfriend for what she's going to find in the spare room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I used to picture Adrian Brody but as the stories grow into myth he's become more and more Ben Stiller as Zoolander.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Again he looks like Sean penn with Adrian Brody's nose

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Oh no! My boyfriend has a room full of poo poo that will be really useful in case of emergency. Which is crazy because I probbaly live in a country that is constantly befallen with natural disasters!

Aside from the guns it's 99% poo poo that's better than troll dolls like boner said. And having a bunch of pointless guns hidden away isn't the worst thing in the world since he's apparently not the loud mouth sort to show them off.

Smart move is to have fun with is and go camping and poo poo with him make sure he's not going to butcher you in your sleep.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I'm delving too deep in to the mind of a monster here but if you're gonna pin a girl against the wall and kiss her, why would you pick your friend's girlfriend and not literally any other girl there by herself? A powerplay with his friend I guess?

My bet changes based on whether or not the OP told dorian about her ladies night. If he coincidentally saw her and did that it makes no sense. If he knew and could plan it then it's anyone's game.

I dunno it also seems kinda odd he'd go for the gf specifically 5 years into their relationship, like cheating is super common in general but this friend has been carrying a torch for years and there's been no other signs of it? Like the odds of the OP not noticing his gf is cheating on him seem much higher than the odds of him not noticing a guy friend was always acting weird around her.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno it also seems kinda odd he'd go for the gf specifically 5 years into their relationship, like cheating is super common in general but this friend has been carrying a torch for years and there's been no other signs of it? Like the odds of the OP not noticing his gf is cheating on him seem much higher than the odds of him not noticing a guy friend was always acting weird around her.

Get this: people are loving stupid

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Either way it'll prolly sort itself out. If she's telling the truth then she should be outraged he ever doubted her and just leave him based off the initial encounter. If she stays around trying to convince him then she's probably lying.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

why does he have to be carrying a torch? it's just as likely he impulsively made a move on a woman because he views women as sex objects and not people who have agency

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

why does he have to be carrying a torch? it's just as likely he impulsively made a move on a woman because he views women as sex objects and not people who have agency

yeah it's a well setup story that will never have any conclusion or followup

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Prepper guy has been dumping money into a hole to rent and stock an extra bedroom for years for some stupid fantasy where he defends a pile of cans and potable water with his guns. That seems like a lifelong money sink that will only get worse with age ("Honey, it's a great school district but we're right in the blast zone for some obvious nuclear targets.") plus the added bonus of extreme fear and paranoia.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

Prepper guy has been dumping money into a hole to rent and stock an extra bedroom for years for some stupid fantasy where he defends a pile of cans and potable water with his guns. That seems like a lifelong money sink that will only get worse with age ("Honey, it's a great school district but we're right in the blast zone for some obvious nuclear targets.") plus the added bonus of extreme fear and paranoia.

Yeah it's actually plenty dumb now, and it's the sort of thing that self-aggrandizes and gets dumber. It is also indicative of general distrust and paranoia, not super indicators for a relationship

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I haven't been keeping up with thread for a few days. Does anyone mind linking me to whatever inspired the new thread title?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone really needs to compile all the Hugh posts.

Unfortunately, they are all compiled, in my brain, which is why there is such a firm relationship between how crazy I am and how much I've been around him or thinking about him. The average reader is like "ha ha, that is nuts" but you've only ever gotten like 15% of the story, and mostly the funny things instead of the hosed up ones. I gradually recover... .

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Haifisch posted:

My[22f] boyfriend[23m] is apparently a prepper/survivalist

Right up until the trump presidency i laughed at preppers

No more

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

boner confessor posted:

i'd rather date someone who has shelves full of creepy food and bullets than someone who has shelves full of collectible nerd toys

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pick posted:

Unfortunately, they are all compiled, in my brain, which is why there is such a firm relationship between how crazy I am and how much I've been around him or thinking about him. The average reader is like "ha ha, that is nuts" but you've only ever gotten like 15% of the story, and mostly the funny things instead of the hosed up ones. I gradually recover... .

Have you tried like, not giving a poo poo about poo poo? Works good for me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Have you tried like, not giving a poo poo about poo poo? Works good for me.

I'm not good at that. I can't even sit still, I'm one of those people who has to be active any time I'm not sleeping. :shrug:

quote:

Me [27F] with my boyfriend [30M] of six months. He can't make decisions for himself and it's wigging me out.Relationships
10 points 4 comments submitted 1 year ago by StressedMirror to r/relationships

Hey all. So to start off with, I'd like to say that I grew up in an emotionally abusive home and had emotionally abusive friends when I was younger. I've cut off those relationships and have gone to therapy in the past (although I'm no longer going to therapy due to money concerns) but I still struggle with relationships. I've overreacted to situations in the past - mostly by choosing not to communicate what I wanted and instead ended relationships over relatively minor things or (when I tried to correct the "ending things over minor issues" problem) putting up with way more than I should've. I've gotten much better at communicating, but I still feel a bit uncomfortable with deciding what I should put up with and what I should not. I've gotten a lot better now than in the past I think, but I'm still a work in progress.

ANYWAY - I need advice on a situation I'm currently in. My boyfriend doesn't appear to be able to make any decisions for himself. For instance:

Over the past six months, I have come up with all the date ideas, outside of our first date and the "let's stay in and watch TV" dates. He has never suggested going anywhere or doing anything, even though he's lived here for years longer than I have (I just moved to this city two years ago, he's been here since high school). I have asked for ideas about where to go and what to do, and the answer is always "I don't know, what do you want to do?"

All the restaurants we've been to have been my choice. This is mostly because whenever I express an opinion, he caves. For example: we were talking about going out to eat, but something cheap and fast-foody because we had plans later in the day. He wanted Burger King, I wanted Panda Express. I suggested we go to the food court in a nearby mall so we could both get what we wanted, but he insisted that we go to Panda Express - a separate stand-alone Panda Express no closer or further away than the mall, which took no more or less time to get to, and he ate Panda Express.

When we go to a restaurant he's never been to before, he orders the exact same thing I do or very close to it (example: I order a steak burrito with no sour cream and he orders a steak burrito with sour cream). Once we went out to eat and decided to share a plate and it took me fifteen minutes and a lot of reassurances just to get him to pick a meat (chicken, steak, or seafood) because he wanted me to just pick anything off the menu and choosing the meat was all I could get from him input wise.

All the current TV shows he's watching, I mentioned liking them. I have no idea what his tastes are, and if I ask, he talks about shows that I already told him I liked. If we were watching a show together, and I don't want to watch it anymore, he quits altogether and never keeps watching on his own. I always get final decision on all choices for shows that we're watching on a given night together, and if I ask or try to push him to see what he wants to watch (out of what are MY show choices), he insists on whatever I want to watch. He has never once independently mentioned liking a TV show or suggested that we watch one that he liked.

For Christmas, I'm knitting him a scarf. I asked him what color he wanted and he told me to choose any color I liked because he "wasn't good at fashion". I told him to at least give me a main color - red,blue,green,black, etc - and I could go from there, and he still wouldn't choose. I tried to explain that if I was making him something I wanted to make sure that he'd like it but he insisted that he didn't know and he trusted my decision.

This is stressing me the gently caress out. It's hitting every button I have because in the emotionally abusive relationships I had growing up (father and former friend, if that makes a difference), the hallmark was expecting me to be able to read minds and manage their happiness without communicating to me what they wanted and then getting angry or disappointed in me when I inevitably failed. Every time I try to seek clarification or any opinion from him, I get (gently) shut down. "No, no it's fine, it's okay really, what ever you like.
What do you want to do? What do you think?" Except sometimes when I do make a choice, he kind of pauses and draws back a second, and then agrees. It's not an instant eager agreement. And then I find myself second guessing over what to say about what I want, which is profoundly unhealthy and stressful.

On the other hand, there's a better than good change I'm reading too much into it, especially because this is an issue I've had in the past and I can be hypervigilant about problems sometimes. Maybe he really doesn't care at all and since I'm expressing an opinion, he wants to make me happy so goes along with it. That's not a bad thing, per se, and I know that it's possible to really sincerely not care about where we go to eat or what we watch on TV, etc.

I'm not sure whether this is something I should communicate to him or not. If it is, I definitely can.

TL;DR: I think my boyfriend is caving all the time. I'm stressed and don't know if I should bring this up or not.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My BF (25M) thinks I'm gaslighting him, I (23F) think he's just forgetfulRelationships
577 points 93 comments submitted 9 months ago by Adhdthrow333 to r/relationships

My boyfriend and I have been together 3 years and overall have a good relationship. We have had our issues but overcome them.

One of the biggest issues we have is thoughtfulness. By nature, I am very aware, empathetic and thoughtful and remember small details about people. He, on the other hand, is forgetful and doesn't notice things around him much and is also more hyperactive and impulsive. He also has the textbook signs for ADHD (hyperactivity, lack of restraint, impulsivity), which he has agreed with me and acknowledged. He even set up an appointment with a psychiatrist to get tested, but had to cancel because he no longer has health insurance under his job. (He is still planning to go once he gets it again, until this conversation).

Because of this, things will come up in day to day conversations where I say, remember we have X on this day. To which he replies "you never told me that!" After several minutes of me reminding him when/how I told him this, he will remember and go "oh, yes, now I remember you telling me!"

Anyways, things like this happen often where I say something, he claims I never told him and accuses me of lying, and then he remembers. However, recently he has told me he thinks I am gas lighting him (???). We have had some issues recently, and I think he is shifting the blame to me to avoid taking ownership of his part. I personally think it is on both of us, me for my intermittent negative/ annoyed reactions and him for his ADHD/ forgetfulness. He is adamant that I am manipulating him into thinking he is forgetful despite the past evidence.

Am I actually gas lighting him without knowing? I honestly think I am coming from a genuine place in trying to encourage to get treated for his ADHD, but now he is spinning it back on me. Also, does this sound like ADHD or just a maturity issue? I am so confused. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also to add- he has also struggled in school and college with attention issues. This is a huge reason why we both think it may be ADHD. In addition, his dad passed away when he was in middle school, which was the beginning of his emotional/ educational issues (he never went to counseling for this loss).

Tldr; boyfriend is forgetful and has agreed he may have ADHD. Now he is saying I'm manipulative and gas lighting him. Help?!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Pick posted:

I'm not good at that. I can't even sit still, I'm one of those people who has to be active any time I'm not sleeping. :shrug:

Some people are aggressively passive. Either get used to bossing him around, or :sever:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My[28m] girlfriend[27f] broke up with me over irreconcilable differences and my lack of manliness, she wants me back now after finding out I got a new job and am seeing someone else[24f]

Girlfriend (now ex) and I dated for two and a half years. We did not live with one another, but would regularly spend the night each other's places. We wouldn't have many fights at all. In fact, of the women I dated my girlfriend was probably the most mature and level-headed. The main point that she was upset with me over was that I did a poor job in celebrating holidays and her birthdays but that was it.

Eight weeks ago, she ended things with me, she said we had irreconcilable differences, she didn't like my politics, said that I was too goofy for her, and that she doesn't have a strong sense of passion for me. I asked her if she ever did, she told me that she thought she did in the beginning but said that I didn't have that sense of composure and manliness and that the main reason she stayed for so long was because she already invested some of her best years with me. I don't know this was really a surprise to me, since I would say I got better looking since we started dating, while my girlfriend gained weight.
But I told her if that's how she feels than we can end things. I deleted her off social media, she got angry at that said she wanted to be friends that we are such big parts of each other lives. I kept her deleted off social media, but I had her number still and linkedin.

I was in the process at the time for interviewing for a new company, I ended up getting the job. Pay is considerably more than my last job, and I don't have to travel nearly as much. I told my close friends and my family about the job. But, then my close friends started bragging for me when we went out to celebrate.
One of the interns I worked (now an employee) with at my old job gave me her number on my last day and we have hung out a couple times. This was surprising too, considering she is wayy more attractive than women I have dated in the past, and what I think I could get.

Two days ago, I get a phone call from my ex-asking if she could drop by my place. She gets to my place tells me she wants to get back together and she starts crying. She said she was wrong with everything and realized that being alone how much she missed me. She said that when she went on Tinder she realized that I was better than all of the guys. And that her friends and parents called her an idiot for it. She did not once mention the job but she then asked me if I was seeing anyone else, aggressively too. I told her its a lot and I need to think about it.

Now, I am in a part which I don't know what to do. I really love my ex, and well if her intentions are pure on wanting to get back together, than yes I want to get back together, if all that she said about our irreconcilable differences are wrong then yes. But I am worrying that she just wants me back because she heard about the new girl I was dating, and/or because of my new job. I can't be for sure anymore, and I don't trust what my ex is saying. Would love some advice from people with some solid dating experience under their belt, if she is being genuine or is it just jealousy.

Tl;Dr- my girlfriend broke up with me saying we had irreconcilable differences. Suspiciously after I get a new job and start dating someone beautiful she wants to get back together with me saying she made a huge mistake. Would love some advice.

hmmmmmm

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

[quote="“Pick”" post="“477132959”"]
Unfortunately, they are all compiled, in my brain, which is why there is such a firm relationship between how crazy I am and how much I’ve been around him or thinking about him. The average reader is like “ha ha, that is nuts” but you’ve only ever gotten like 15% of the story, and mostly the funny things instead of the hosed up ones. I gradually recover... .
[/quote]

You know what Pick, you're alright. Maybe that's because I can relate too well with you though :staredog:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Pick posted:

My BF (25M) thinks I'm gaslighting him, I (23F) think he's just forgetfulRelationships
577 points 93 comments submitted 9 months ago by Adhdthrow333 to r/relationships

My boyfriend and I have been together 3 years and overall have a good relationship. We have had our issues but overcome them.

One of the biggest issues we have is thoughtfulness. By nature, I am very aware, empathetic and thoughtful and remember small details about people. He, on the other hand, is forgetful and doesn't notice things around him much and is also more hyperactive and impulsive. He also has the textbook signs for ADHD (hyperactivity, lack of restraint, impulsivity), which he has agreed with me and acknowledged. He even set up an appointment with a psychiatrist to get tested, but had to cancel because he no longer has health insurance under his job. (He is still planning to go once he gets it again, until this conversation).

Because of this, things will come up in day to day conversations where I say, remember we have X on this day. To which he replies "you never told me that!" After several minutes of me reminding him when/how I told him this, he will remember and go "oh, yes, now I remember you telling me!"

Anyways, things like this happen often where I say something, he claims I never told him and accuses me of lying, and then he remembers. However, recently he has told me he thinks I am gas lighting him (???). We have had some issues recently, and I think he is shifting the blame to me to avoid taking ownership of his part. I personally think it is on both of us, me for my intermittent negative/ annoyed reactions and him for his ADHD/ forgetfulness. He is adamant that I am manipulating him into thinking he is forgetful despite the past evidence.

Am I actually gas lighting him without knowing? I honestly think I am coming from a genuine place in trying to encourage to get treated for his ADHD, but now he is spinning it back on me. Also, does this sound like ADHD or just a maturity issue? I am so confused. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also to add- he has also struggled in school and college with attention issues. This is a huge reason why we both think it may be ADHD. In addition, his dad passed away when he was in middle school, which was the beginning of his emotional/ educational issues (he never went to counseling for this loss).

Tldr; boyfriend is forgetful and has agreed he may have ADHD. Now he is saying I'm manipulative and gas lighting him. Help?!

I have had regular rear end ADD all my life, I got it from my dad. And I watched my dad do that poo poo to all his wives and girlfriends my whole life. One of the symptoms of ADD/ADHD is being wrong all the time, which really really sucks, especially if you're otherwise intelligent/educated. So a lot of people lash out at their loved ones in exactly this manner, especially men at their wives and girlfriends because of hosed up social ideas of traditional gender roles. (Also this guy is a dick and needs therapy/meds real bad). Edited to add: my husband is more likely to accuse me of gaslighting him than vice versa, because I am frequently certain I already told him something he claims to have no knowledge of. But I'm not gaslighting, I just thought really hard about telling him so that I wouldn't forget, which can sometimes lead to me "remembering" my plan of telling him as it having actually happened. That's why remembering to take your remembering pills is often as difficult as looking for your glasses.

Re: Dorian, Occam's Razor, folks. Is misogynist a misogynist? Or has girlfriend secretly been a manipulator with a grudge against Dorian that she has been successfully hiding from him this whole time?

(The answer is, as always, Men Are Garbage).

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 7, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Introverted boyfriend, I'm not sure how much is complementary and how much is incompatibility. Please help.
17 points 43 comments submitted 5 years ago by frettymcgee to r/relationships

Background My boyfriend (22) and I (21) have been together for a little over 5 months. He is a very thoughtful, considerate, responsible man. We are completely committed to each other, and we are totally honest with one another. I am a little more hyperactive, very energetic. I'm very passionate/emotional. He is quiet.

He has been in 1 relationship previous to me, they parted as friends. I have dated more, and I have been in a few relationships.

Our relationship I love him as a person. He says he is very happy with me, that I am one of the most important things in his life, and he would be devastated if anything were to happen to us. He told me he's in it for the "long haul" and if things keep going this positively he doesn't see any end in sight. When we "fight" we talk it out logically, never losing sight of how much we mean to each other. We are willing to put in the time and effort to make this work for as long as we can. He makes me feel safe and happy. We just fit together really well, physically we're amazingly compatible, and emotionally he anchors me while I draw him out of his shell. Our friends are meshing, and they all approve of us. It's a wonderful balance.

What I need help with I'm very happy with him but sometimes it gets frustrating trying to feel connected to him because he is so stoic. He occasionally tells me he loves me and he shows me through his deeds and the way he treats me: with dignity and respect. When we first started dating we would text a few times a day, had pretty good conversations sharing music, stories, and our friends. The conversations sometimes felt one-sided but I figured he was just shy.

Since we started dating, it has stayed one-sided, and has actually gotten worse. Most of our interactions are me blurting out my opinions, what I did during the day, how I feel about things. When we're being silly together, it's me being silly and him laughing with me. I have tried drawing him out with questions about himself but he usually finds some way to evade it personally to him. (For instance, I would trip, and say something like, "Heh, I used to be clumsier in high school. What were you like in high school?" and he would say something very generalized like, "Everyone's awkward in high school.") It's not as if he's hiding things from me; if I ask him directly he will tell me, but it's like pulling teeth getting him to express himself or telling me anything at all voluntarily.

He mentioned being busy with school and we talked about how he's not used to frequent texting communication, so I cut waaay back. Last night I brought up the fact that I felt like I was overwhelming him with talking all the time, and he said that I've been doing a lot better (especially with the texting), and that he feels like we've come to a point where he's comfortable with the level of texting communication. I accept that he just doesn't feel the need to check in with each other and share something that happened, but basically he told me he's all right with not hearing from me at all, and if I don't start a conversation we don't talk.

Another thing: We have some common interests, but his major is very technical and sometimes when he is explaining things to me I just don't understand it. I try, but I am simply not interested - so I listen to what he has to say, sympathize with his problems. He does the same thing with some of my interests - his eyes glaze over and I can just see that his mind is very far away, but he is making a valiant effort to listen. He likes that we have separate interests so we don't crowd each other and have things to talk about, but I've seen so many relationships fall apart because the couple "didn't have anything in common."

It's getting harder to feel an emotional connection to him, and I don't know what to do. I feel guilty for sometimes feeling left wanting because he is completely fine with where we are. Our communication isn't really an issue - if something is bothering one of us we'll tell the other, and we'll work it out. But he just doesn't share himself with me voluntarily, and it makes me feel unnecessary and unwanted. He tells me I am not "nagging" him or forcing him to do anything, but sometimes I feel like I'm dragging things out of him after trying to have a conversation with him.

I am a very high-energy person, I like to be constantly talking and moving and going somewhere. He's all right with literally sitting and not talking at a restaurant with me for up to 10 minutes just "enjoying shared silence", not talking, just people-watching. We can walk all the way from point A to point B without a word passing between us (usually when I'm trying to give him space or let him start a conversation for once I won't say anything). But this is what he likes: just being comfortable with another person, just being in my company. Am I selfish to need more?

Breaking up with him is not an option, so please help me out here.

These are the questions I am considering:

How much of this is due to his inexperience with relationships, and how much is due to my perhaps unrealistic expectations of what I want out of a relationship?

He says he completely understands why I feel frustrated, and he is really really sorry about it (I have seen him cry because he is so hard on himself and hates being the cause of my frustration). Do I just need to give him more time? Literally as I was fighting back tears and typing this out he texted me that he was thinking about me, because he saw how hurt I was about his not taking initiative.

Does he just feel like he doesn't have to try anymore? Is this normal in long-term courtship?

Is this a "good balance" as we keep telling ourselves, or are we just incompatible?

Have you been through something similar (introvert dating an extrovert)? How did you deal with it? Are you still together?

I know this whole post makes it sound like we don't fit together, but we really do, we're very happy with each other - I just feel sad and lonely occasionally. I know relationships can be hard work. But I need help.

TL;DR My boyfriend and I are extremely different people, and I need help figuring out if this can work.

^^^ btw this was me and hugh 100%

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Actually seeing this dude get good advice on reddit telling him to run, not walk from irreconcilable differences gal is great to see :patriot:

And for the earlier post / wager I 100% think that Dorian guy is a piece of poo poo and unfortunately the post has already been deleted from reddit so im not expecting an update unless it's in the comments

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

I know this move, they call it the Obama. He's building up relationship capital. With every concession he makes he gets a little more until he can finally ask her for one large concession: universal healthcare anal.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

I know this move, they call it the Obama. He's building up relationship capital. With every concession he makes he gets a little more until he can finally ask her for one large concession: universal healthcare anal.

i believe it; obama did love constantly conceding and getting hosed up the rear end

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Pick posted:

She's not a whore, she's a tramp.

Agreed, whores work a trade, not their fault they can't pay taxes.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Pick posted:

[
^^^ btw this was me and hugh 100%
Hugh and I***

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Patrick Spens posted:

My Best Friend[25M] told me he caught my girlfriend[22F] of 5 years cheating on me[25M], My girlfriend says my friend is lying because he tried to sleep with her, and she rejected him and threatened to tell me.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

I immediately mistrust the friend's story here because "Yeah bro, I just punched out the guy your girlfriend is seeing! With RIGHTEOUS FURY!!!" is some blatantly fictional Marine Todd/Navy Seal Copypasta tough guy bullshit.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Maybe you are master trolling me but no it's not, who the f taught you grammar??

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
In 2004 you'd have been charged :10bux: for that kind of post!!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe you are master trolling me but no it's not, who the f taught you grammar??

I was taught, no poo poo, pure phonetics.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

No pick is right. Only use "I" when it would make sense without the other person's name (I.e. "This was me" parses correctly, "this was I" doesn't, and makes you sound like an rear end in a top hat besides).

E: beaten by Jeff, honored.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I was taught, no poo poo, pure phonetics.

Why are you correcting other people when you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, then?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Why are you correcting other people when you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, then?

:irony:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

No like, the thing you did, was not only wrong, but you felt the need to correct someone that was right, then you admitted that you are pretty ignorant on the topic, so why waste everyone's time and mislead others AND look stupid in the process?? It's genuinely bizarre to me

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ham Sandwiches posted:

No like, the thing you did, was not only wrong, but you felt the need to correct someone that was right, then you admitted that you are pretty ignorant on the topic, so why waste everyone's time and mislead others AND look stupid in the process?? It's genuinely bizarre to me

:irony:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Maybe it was bait to show your lack of introspection

Efb

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Maybe it was bait to show your lack of introspection

Efb

Ok I guess it's just the same joke reply on repeat, about the same level of competence that your grammar burn displayed, well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
While we're on the subject, avoid embarrasment at Burger King by ordering "three Whoppers Junior" rather than the incorrect "Whopper Juniors."