Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mirage posted:

It shows that Overhaul is even more of a giant bastard than previously thought. He's keeping the former boss in a coma (because, c'mon, Overhaul could easily fix whatever's wrong with the guy) so he can experiment on/torture his young daughter in pursuit of his personal vendetta to wipe out hero Quirks and Make Yakuza Great Again. He's the betrayest of betrayers.

That's actually way less bad than if he was her actual dad to begin with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There's been an inordinate amount of effort to never show Overhaul's face from his nose down so I'm wondering if that's just a red herring or is he has something going on there that's going to be ultimately revealed.

Blockhouse posted:

That's actually way less bad than if he was her actual dad to begin with!

There was no way that wasn't an obvious lie from the start. The implication was that she was just some random kid with the quirk he needed, not someone related to the person stuck in a coma he's supposed to be loyal to.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
In a plot twist Overhaul is married to the boss

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

for real tho, overhaul's near loss flashback better be even better than twice's solo chapter because nothing but his powerset is particularly interesting right now

Even his power-set is kind of disappointing. The ability to break down and reconstruct anything at will sounds rad as hell, but with the exception of fusing with his lackey he hasn't done anything that, like, Cementoss couldn't do, he's effectively just Earthbending but with only spikes. It makes for some neat visuals but I feel like a hand to hand battle against someone constantly improvising weapons/defenses and using the threat of on-touch mutilation would have been cooler and more intense than just crazy shonen spike hell.

Pear into peaches, pear into peaches

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well to be fair. Everyone that has fought Overhaul so far has been really careful to avoid being touched by him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 5, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think Overhaul's powerset is fine, it's just in a fight if he touches someone he can instant kill them. So it becomes about avoiding him and then he has to counter with whatever moves he has so it's not just frame after frame of people playing keep away as he chases them around with his hand in front of him. He has a lot of macabre biological non-combat uses for his ability that someone like Cementos does not.

He's like Shigaraki which is why we've basically seen only a few fights with him and they either ended quickly or Eraserhead was there to shut him down completely.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Holy poo poo Deku's the coolest

Also gently caress YEAH DRAGON RAINS DOWN ON YOU BITCH

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

That ending owned pretty hard but it'd be weird if this is what breaks Night Eye's prediction rather than Deku or Miriooooooooooooo.

There are things foresight can't anticipate, like a loving dragon and a frog crashing through the ceiling with a wrestler.

I like that reducing the arena surfaces to smaller parts limits Overhaul's quirk since it needs a solid continuous object to work.

TheKingofSprings posted:

In a plot twist Overhaul is married to the boss

When I said I'm not really Eri's dad.. I meant I'm her MOTHER!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 5, 2017

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So glad they weren't left behind!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I also like the implication that the dragon holding the giant villain was dropped via Uravity specifically into that area. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had some kind of tracker for this exact purpose.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
YEAH BOY

THE DRAGON DEVOURS MY ENEMIES, MOTHERFUCKER

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

no longer canon

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My Hero Academia Manga: And Then A Dragon Fell Through The Ceiling.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope this is a trial that becomes standard

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/916041097163563008

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
That's not Pony in the background, right?

What, or who, is that?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a horse, friend

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What, or who, is that?

It's Mei's new invention MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER. For real though I assume it's a "kicking it into high speed" art dealy.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Huh.

That's... weird.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think they might just love horses though

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/916038205006368770

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EmmyOk posted:

hopefully this means they hired more people and not that they're working their existing people even harder

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

EmmyOk posted:

They've done this before with other series when they'd gotten popular enough to justify it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Green Intern posted:

Manchester is a soccer/football city.

Just imagine how many copies would burn if the next step up in power is the Liverpool Smash.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What, or who, is that?

Sometimes a horse is just a horse

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The horse is the final form Overhaul is going to transform into after absorbing a lot of biomass from the dragon lady.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

This is beautiful

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Macadamia was a mistake.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rhonne posted:

Macadamia was a mistake.

That's just nuts

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Eej posted:

Just imagine how many copies would burn if the next step up in power is the Liverpool Smash.

I'll post here just to say it's a young overhyped boy failing miserably because he's coached poorly, his signature move should be the Arsenal Punt.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I'm not feeling the deus ex machina here. It's whatever I guess. Would have been nice to see what Ururaka and Froppy were actually doing up until now alongside all the other stuff so we could have actual buildup to this moment. I'm sure we'll be getting a flashback to what they've done, but having them crash through the ceiling unexpectedly feels cheap.

the unexpected ceiling save owns, actually

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It owns but I agree I would rather have spent time with our actual popular secondary cast than goof off with the tertiary cast.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
What ever happened to deku's dad and bakugou's dad? Do we know? Come to think of it, are there any relationships depicted at all?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nonexistence posted:

What ever happened to deku's dad and bakugou's dad? Do we know? Come to think of it, are there any relationships depicted at all?

Bakugou lives with his dad. He and Bakugou's mum aren't separated or anything. They were introduced in the same chapter

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Deku's dad works overseas.

we were introduced to Bakugou's dad in the same chapter as his mom. He's very mildmannered and he and Katsuki like to go camping together.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah Bakugo's personality comes from his mother. It was a nice touch.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, Deku using attacks named after footy cities now that he's using his legs is loving inspired, and I have to wonder if that was something Horikoshi had planned for months now.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
what is a footy city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Football (soccer) cities, as opposed to American cities like the ones all might names his attacks after