Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Serious question, are those rims tubeless ready? You might go through a gallon of sealant every few days but it would probably still be more cost effective than constantly popping tubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Jesus Christ just find the biggest buna o-rings and ride around on those

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well uh...

that doesn't seem ideal

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
DJdado needs to start instructing Dick to not drown along with the not starting things on fire instruction.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

jammyozzy posted:

Serious question, are those rims tubeless ready? You might go through a gallon of sealant every few days but it would probably still be more cost effective than constantly popping tubes.

Seriously, you can just put the sealant in tubes and have the same effect, as I've been saying. He doesn't have access to an air compressor best I can tell, so tubeless isn't a great idea.

Post some pictures of your current tire clearance and I can see if I think the Schwalbes will clear. They are effectively flat free, a tack won't cause a flat.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

nm posted:

Seriously, you can just put the sealant in tubes and have the same effect, as I've been saying. He doesn't have access to an air compressor best I can tell, so tubeless isn't a great idea.

Post some pictures of your current tire clearance and I can see if I think the Schwalbes will clear. They are effectively flat free, a tack won't cause a flat.

This is a much better idea and is infact what I have in my commuter, can't believe I didn't think of that. :doh:

Dave I know people up-thread have sent tubes with removable cores, I can probably try and order you some orange seal and a syringe to shoot it into the tubes if it well help?

Pretty sure the 42mm Scwhalbes will fit based on me eyeballing my bf's Grater earlier in the thread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah they'll fit if I find a way to get that last loving screw for the mud flap out

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I ordered dick some back up nicotine patches for times like this that he runs out of cigs.

and somehow has 3 flat tires on a bike

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah they'll fit if I find a way to get that last loving screw for the mud flap out

Is it the one directly behind the BB? I had to get my neighbour to drill out the old screw and re-tap the threads when it welded itself in there. That was after I wrecked the head trying to get it out with an impact driver.

*E* This reminds me that I need to order a new tube of copaslip.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

I'm gonna see if I can cram them in a flat rate box then.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I forgot my wallet in the camper, finally made it back, put my wallet in my jacket, which I took off because it got hot, and rode back into town

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*howls at a dead and uncaring sky*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

So I forgot my wallet in the camper, finally made it back, put my wallet in my jacket, which I took off because it got hot, and rode back into town

Welp. At least you're gonna be in killer shape.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/ZgZvH8Cq1eY

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Someone get some of this for Dave

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*changes trips into town without incident sign to "2" amidst rupturous applause and cheers*

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yo we are loving dumb the trailer has 110v inside it at the breaker panel, we spent all that time and money worrying about propane when a small electric heater would have worked just loving fine

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Can you get a hookup, or generator or something?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

Can you get a hookup, or generator or something?

I've got an extension cord plugged into the trailer now actually

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

jammyozzy posted:

Is it the one directly behind the BB? I had to get my neighbour to drill out the old screw and re-tap the threads when it welded itself in there. That was after I wrecked the head trying to get it out with an impact driver.

*E* This reminds me that I need to order a new tube of copaslip.

If only we had access to some sort of spitting in the face of God penetrating solution of some kind

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
only problem with a space heater is will djdaddo be ok with his electrical bill for the property spiking because seriously those draw like 800w minimum, and typical ones can go all the way to like 2kw.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
JUST GOT STUNG BY ANOTHER loving WASP

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Dannywilson posted:

only problem with a space heater is will djdaddo be ok with his electrical bill for the property spiking because seriously those draw like 800w minimum, and typical ones can go all the way to like 2kw.

Plus, make sure the breaker panel, trailer wiring, and extension cord are good for 20A. An average space heater eats 15 amps on high. Some day I'll have to tell the story about how my dad almost burnt the house down after hurricane Sandy by trying to heat the house with space heaters and a generator while I was away at college.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

DICK DICER posted:

If only we had access to some sort of spitting in the face of God penetrating solution of some kind

Gosh if only, I mean that would be, ya know, problem solved.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/iOBiBdaS86Q

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Dannywilson posted:

So instead of 20lbs of propane, 14 needs 20lbs of steaks.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Electricity is almost certainly cheaper per btu, and definitely easier than hauling propane on a bike.

Plus Dave will be long gone before the electric bill arrives :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

How's the truck coming?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Y'all know if we can crowdfund propane and propane accessories, we can crowdfund electricity.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

How's the truck coming?

Charging the battery now, have 2 our of 4 correct wheel cylinders im about to install

Nebraska is seriously pounding me this time around

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Once the truck is driveable, who drives the truck?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Leperflesh posted:

Once the truck is driveable, who drives the truck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydBPm2KRaU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I guess the latest video didnt post to the group like intended so here's a direct link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1532443623504090&id=100002154000084

nm
Jan 28, 2008

So you got 2xschwalbe marathon plus tours and 2x tubes with removable valve cores due to valentine on tuesday.
The tires have maybe 1000mi on th and have quite a bit of life on them. Put the more worn tire on the rear or in dirt you could have the front wheel washout.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

front wheel washout.

?

https://youtu.be/h_IEk12RyZ8

nm
Jan 28, 2008

It turns out that understeer sucks even more on a bike. Just causes you to eat pavement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well thank you

• Locked thread