Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He missed the games in 2011 from a goddamn broken hip which makes it crazier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LKSu5nD9_U

Frank Gore owns and I'm really happy I got to see this play live even if the rest of the game was incredibly strange then lovely.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Gore was never as dominant at any point in time as those two but I think he'll wind up 5th or 6th on the all time list and that would be pretty hard to keep out.

Gore also played halfway into the Era where number 1 running backs are rare and pass play % is way up. Voters are smart enough to look at that kind of stuff right?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

NFL HoF is actually very good at voting in guys. Most of the voters are big-hall guys and it's cool and good.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

Gore also played halfway into the Era where number 1 running backs are rare and pass play % is way up. Voters are smart enough to look at that kind of stuff right?

Even within his era he was never the hands down best RB at any given point. He was never a first team all pro and only second team once, compared to I think two or more first team all pro awards to Smith and Martin. He was only top-5 in the league in rushing yards once (#3 in 2007 when he ran for 1,600 yards), etc.

I think his biggest mitigating factor is spending the first 6 years of his career on dogshit 49er teams facing stacked boxes because he was the only credible offensive threat.

He just goes and brings home 1,000-1,200 yards every single year and doesn't miss games. That kind of sustained production is rare.

If he had gotten the ball and scored at the end of the super bowl against the ravens I don't think there would be any doubt at all.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
1600 yards being #3 is shocking. times have changed

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

Marshawn Lynch has a much stronger case to be in the HOF and even he isn't a sure thing

Frank Gore will not make it in

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Sad that the 49ers and Seahawks most likable players are on other teams now :(

Yeah, but the Chiefs are good people.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lena Dunham posted:

Marshawn Lynch has a much stronger case to be in the HOF and even he isn't a sure thing

that's a weird alt, LWB

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Lena Dunham posted:

Neither team handed their RB the ball with the SB win on the line.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
there is a good chance that after five weeks of football, Frank Gore will have scored more touchdowns than the 49ers

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

He hasn't missed a game, or had fewer than 255 rushing attempts, since 2011.

Crazy.

This is bonkers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kazak_Hstan posted:

there is a good chance that after five weeks of football, Frank Gore will have scored more touchdowns than the 49ers

uhhhhhhhh

did you forget the rams game happened or is frank gore scoring 4 more touchdowns than the niners sunday

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
oh woops, I got it messed up in my head

scored a touchdown in one game not one touchdown

nm

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

NFL should put Lynch and Gore in the Hall. Why be selective with members like MLB? Make it a place where great and good players are remembered for the sacrifice they put up playing in a league hellbent on destroying lives for profits.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If you don't respect the flag or are troops then you you don't get to be in the hall.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benny the Snake posted:

You're right, you're finishing 7-9

Yeah, well that's not 4-12!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

brian hoyer is clutch

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Leperflesh posted:

George Kittle is clutch

Fixed.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
George Kittle might stick around, he's made some decent catches.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My heart belongs to Earl Thomas

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

My heart belongs to Earl Thomas

You mean FHoFer PBUH ET3.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jeff Fisher could beat the Seahawks but Sean McVay can't SMDH

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Uh oh looks like the Seahawks are back on top

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I made the most horrible noise when Kupp dropped that pass, the Rams are not ready for the big-time.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Today was my first game as a Rams fan, sorry for ruining it for everyone

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPDcrc3Srzw

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
The Fisher curse is over! :hawksin:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Whewwwwwww

Was not expecting this win.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Assuming they don't get owned by injuries, Rams look like they could be good in a year or two.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Jeff Fisher could beat the Seahawks but Sean McVay can't SMDH

Five turnovers didn't help, either. But credit the Seahawks, they got the job done and the Rams didn't.

Last year's Rams never would have been able to generate that last drive. Never.

At least the Rams are competitive now. It's been so long.

Benny the Snake posted:

The Fisher curse is over! :hawksin:

Good! Anything that's related to Fisher and is over is fine by me.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 9, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Some Serious Takes:

-- Rams are good, but not quite ready for primetime yet. With the score that close at home, they should've executed more than they did. Missed a golden chance to take control of the division, but I expect them to stay in the playoff hunt through Christmas.

-- Goff was pretty hit-and-miss, making some great plays but also falling back into the bad habits that doomed him last year. That INT to Earl Thomas where he just threw up a prayer was particularly bad, and tilted the game at a crucial moment. Goff will learn from this.

-- Seahawks' defense clearly game-planned to stop Gurley, and it worked. With him bottled up, the Rams couldn't use the play-action as their secret weapon like most weeks, forcing Goff into a lot of situations he's not ready to handle by himself yet. Smart stuff.

-- We still don't know who our RB is. Whatever.

-- Get healthy in the bye week and come out swinging, y'all. Stop loving around.

-- Go Hawks

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Some Serious Takes:

-- Rams are good, but not quite ready for primetime yet. With the score that close at home, they should've executed more than they did. Missed a golden chance to take control of the division, but I expect them to stay in the playoff hunt through Christmas.

-- Goff was pretty hit-and-miss, making some great plays but also falling back into the bad habits that doomed him last year. That INT to Earl Thomas where he just threw up a prayer was particularly bad, and tilted the game at a crucial moment. Goff will learn from this.

-- Seahawks' defense clearly game-planned to stop Gurley, and it worked. With him bottled up, the Rams couldn't use the play-action as their secret weapon like most weeks, forcing Goff into a lot of situations he's not ready to handle by himself yet. Smart stuff.

-- Go Hawks

Agreed on your points, but I will add that Goff showed maturity in that last drive. Like I said earlier, that drive never would have happened like it did, last year.

This system is better for him, so his confidence is growing, but he's still going through growing pains. And that Seahawks D is great, so he had to contend with that.

Things are looking up for the Rams for sure.

Younger me would have been pissed after this loss, but older me is seeing progress and appreciating being competitive.

Go Rams

Edit: I just saw Earl Thomas say that Goff is playing much better this year than last, so that's good to hear. Props to ET.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 9, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm actually excited for another good Seahawks/Rams rivalry, and not just the limp-dicked Jeff Fisher version. This was one of the best under-the-radar rivalries of the early 2000s, with both teams trading haymakers and crazy finishes with playoff implications on the line nearly every time. Getting back to those times would be pretty drat sweet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hey guys we would love to get in on that rivalry too

:smith:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

it will happen
when we unleash the beat hard

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

No offense, but I'm not looking for that anytime soon.

:unsmith:

Benne posted:

I'm actually excited for another good Seahawks/Rams rivalry, and not just the limp-dicked Jeff Fisher version. This was one of the best under-the-radar rivalries of the early 2000s, with both teams trading haymakers and crazy finishes with playoff implications on the line nearly every time. Getting back to those times would be pretty drat sweet.

That'd be cool with me, too, considering it looks like the Rams are on the upswing and the seahawks don't look to be going away anytime soon.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 9, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Get a real QB and then we might talk again :colbert:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

Get a real QB and then we might talk again :colbert:

temptingfate.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Are you serious? Rams looked really good. If ET3 doesn't make that miracle play at the start the whole game could have gone differently.

• Locked thread