Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
anyone know the fix for textures not loading as soon as you land, and everything looks really muddy and out of focus? It takes about 30-45 seconds and all i can do is hide and wait for textures to finally load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Do you have it on an SSD? Load times can be really long with a platter drive.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

mashed_penguin posted:

This is some funny jank. I headshot the guy about 1 frame before he runs me over. If you frame by frame through it pops up with 0 killed and it has no player name for who ran me over. I wonder if he got a kill as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=070oMbCBmlw

I see 0 headshots being made in that video, but maybe it was lag
oh his car stopped, you would've died regardless but yea I think you did kill him

WelpEcho fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 7, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Cimber posted:

anyone know the fix for textures not loading as soon as you land, and everything looks really muddy and out of focus? It takes about 30-45 seconds and all i can do is hide and wait for textures to finally load.

This is not surefire, but open up your inventory while you're dropping, it apparently forces things to load in sooner at the cost of hitching while falling.

Or get a faster HDD/SSD.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

ItheWelp87 posted:

I see 0 headshots being made in that video, but maybe it was lag
oh his car stopped, you would've died regardless but yea I think you did kill him

The killed by headshot appears for one frame only and he is the only guy I killed that round. But yeah I would have died regardless.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
I really like this game but things like this just drive me nuts. This stuff seems to happen all the time. I know its early access so hopefully they fix it but can someone give me some insight on this...

https://imgur.com/a/bywM2

https://gfycat.com/lineddismalbarracuda

On the scoreboard at the end I ended up doing 0 hit points so none of the pellets even seemed to register.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Those sources really aren't helpful but based on the second one it just seems like you missed.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Parallel Playa posted:

Those sources really aren't helpful but based on the second one it just seems like you missed.

What do you mean sources? The imgur screen shots are both taken from the gif. It looks like I shot a bit left center of his body yet the bullet hit way right. Either way doesn't it seem like some of the bullets from the shell would hit? This stuff seems to happen fairly regularly I was wondering if this is common.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

smarion2 posted:

I really like this game but things like this just drive me nuts. This stuff seems to happen all the time. I know its early access so hopefully they fix it but can someone give me some insight on this...

https://imgur.com/a/bywM2

https://gfycat.com/lineddismalbarracuda

On the scoreboard at the end I ended up doing 0 hit points so none of the pellets even seemed to register.

Shotgun pellet distribution is totally random within the crosshair. The other person wasn't entirely filling your crosshair. RNG decided the pellets all went to the bottom right, where the person wasn't.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 8, 2017

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Shotgun pellet distribution is totally random within the crosshair. The other person wasn't entirely filling your crosshair. RNG decided the pellets all went to the bottom right, where the person wasn't.

Ok, so this is how its supposed to work. That's what I wanted to know, sometimes shotguns feel so good but other times I cant stand them. I wasn't sure if this was some type of bad server lag or something but if this is working as intended I'll probably just use shotguns less.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Love a spicy insert

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

What overlay are you using?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
FINALLY

M249 ain't no joke. Just wish it hadn't been such a boring match before the last few circles because I got that thing early on and didn't see anyone.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mark David Chapman posted:

Yeah, that black circle is baller af. Also it looks like your paperdoll is blacked out?

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Mark David Chapman posted:

Chard posted:

Yeah, that black circle is baller af. Also it looks like your paperdoll is blacked out?

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/input-overlay.552/
and
https://tobiigaming.com/streaming-gaze-overlay/

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

ChesterJT posted:

FINALLY

M249 ain't no joke. Just wish it hadn't been such a boring match before the last few circles because I got that thing early on and didn't see anyone.

I don't think killing 3 people on Asia should be considered empirical data on something being good or not. I could probably machete 3 Asians in a game.

Chard posted:

That's a new option in "Game" or whatever tab.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I swear the majority of my kills have been at the start of the game via punching.

Played a duo with my friend earlier where me and him landed next to some hangers, and so did another pair. We landed kind of away from each other so I only heard my friend and the gunfire in game and then my friend killing one of the pair on the killfeed. I then started to run to him through one of the hangers and then the other person in the pair ran PAST me. Still no gun yet. I didn't either so I just chased after him and punched him a few times. Then he managed to get some distance from me just enough where I couldn't punch him and I chased him through the streets of the town (the far right one. T-something?) and he was going around all the houses through alleyways and everything, with me right behind him also at full speed. It was like the chase scene between Will Smith and the alien at the beginning of Men in Black. He finally decides to pick a house, turns and slams open the door to one of the bedrooms and it just so happens to have a gun in it. I was right on his tail the entire time. However he wasn't fast enough cause I was able to punch him to death before he could finish loading the gun.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

smarion2 posted:

Ok, so this is how its supposed to work. That's what I wanted to know, sometimes shotguns feel so good but other times I cant stand them. I wasn't sure if this was some type of bad server lag or something but if this is working as intended I'll probably just use shotguns less.

Not only that, but third-person shooters never have the camera and crosshair in agreement at all times. Granted, it wouldn't have been off by much at that range, but still.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Cimber posted:

A friend who had the same problem on 8 Gigs of RAM and it went away when he upgraded to 16 Gigs.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't think killing 3 people on Asia should be considered empirical data on something being good or not. I could probably machete 3 Asians in a game.

Who are you talking to? It's good for me because I won. It's not an entry in whatever dick waving contest you seem to be involved in.

Where does it say Asia server? I think it was if it's still the default because I never bother changing any settings.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 8, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

ChesterJT posted:

Who are you talking to? It's good for me because I won. It's not an entry in whatever dick waving contest you seem to be involved in.

Where does it say Asia server? I think it was if it's still the default because I never bother changing any settings.

I looked at your stats.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

loser

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Disrespecting the supreme discord leader is an act punishable by setting your name the same color as the discord background. Are you sure you wanna go down that dark path???

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
I think the point was that the m249 is not that good outside of rare situations and that your anecdote doesn't help your argument

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

I looked at your stats.

Lol

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
retarded people on Discord
More news at 10.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there something going on with the game's optimization now? I'm no longer hitting 100% GPU use, but my frame rate has dropped to 30-40 rather than 40-50 in busy areas, 60 in quieter areas. I've also completely dropped to 0 FPS a couple times this weekend after not having that for weeks. No settings changes. Although I might have to turn on AA and see if that helps.

It seems like the grass render range on minimum might have gotten raised again? Did that happen?

E: Wait, I might have set it to max performance in the Nvidia Control Panel, and I disabled DPI scaling on high DPI settings. I'll turn off one at a time and see what's happening. My GPU never breaks 80c on Furmark and never gets above 75-76 on PUBG. CPU hovers around 60c.

If I can't figure it out, are the official forums any good or is it going to be "Lol spend another $3-400 on your computer scrub"?

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 8, 2017

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Hey WEEDBABYGOKU420 did you fix your voice yet?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I crouched under a buggy today, felt real good https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyAgitatedWalrusMikeHogu

VulgarandStupid posted:

You can maintain a 3 KDR using just the dacia on AS servers with ease

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there something going on with the game's optimization now? I'm no longer hitting 100% GPU use, but my frame rate has dropped to 30-40 rather than 40-50 in busy areas, 60 in quieter areas. I've also completely dropped to 0 FPS a couple times this weekend after not having that for weeks. No settings changes. Although I might have to turn on AA and see if that helps.

It seems like the grass render range on minimum might have gotten raised again? Did that happen?

E: Wait, I might have set it to max performance in the Nvidia Control Panel, and I disabled DPI scaling on high DPI settings. I'll turn off one at a time and see what's happening. My GPU never breaks 80c on Furmark and never gets above 75-76 on PUBG. CPU hovers around 60c.

If I can't figure it out, are the official forums any good or is it going to be "Lol spend another $3-400 on your computer scrub"?

I think you know the answer

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

smarion2 posted:

Anecdotal obviously but I feel like the pump is either intentionally garbage or bugged in some fashion because the other shotguns never seem to have the same problems. The other day I pumped a guy full in the face at school, and I looked at it on shadowplay and there was no way my reticule was aimed anywhere but at his face. Blood spray, and 19 points of damage, but obviously whatever RNG exists under the shotgun decided that only 1/10 pellets actually collided with the guys noggin.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I too have the same anecdotal feeling. I never ever bother picking up the 1895 anymore because the double barrel and saiga seem to connect just fine most of the time but the pump hits people and leaves them drenched in blood but apparently undamaged just constantly for me.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

[quote="“hawowanlawow”" post="“477177100”"]
I think you know the answer
[/quote]

They hosed up the optimization? The official forums would act like everyone should treat $300 like an impulse purchase?

I know, it's both.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

aniviron posted:

I too have the same anecdotal feeling. I never ever bother picking up the 1895 anymore because the double barrel and saiga seem to connect just fine most of the time but the pump hits people and leaves them drenched in blood but apparently undamaged just constantly for me.

I've had the same problem with the pump. The other night at the start of a match I got the drop on a guy and put two shots square in their chest with blood splatter and everything and then he just hosed me down. On my death screen I scored 0 points for health damage.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I have gotten extremely lucky with my shotguns and they have never acted in a manner unbefitting of a shotgun. Which is to say every time I've had the misfortune of not being able to find a real gun before I have to kill someone, clicking on a guy with a saiga or whatever has always killed them.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Well, this is a fun game. During my glitch of not having textures loading, i fell through the roof of ony of the barracks in the military base to the room below.

which the door is blocked off with a bookshelf.

Which i cannot get out of.

Guess where three circles have focused on?

[edit] Finally died, was #9

Cimber fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 9, 2017

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
haven't had any bad pump whiffs but i tend to only pick it up if i have a choke/one is near by. Not sure if that makes a big difference though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cimber posted:

Well, this is a fun game. During my glitch of not having textures loading, i fell through the roof of ony of the barracks in the military base to the room below.

which the door is blocked off with a bookshelf.

Which i cannot get out of.

Guess where three circles have focused on?

[edit] Finally died, was #9

Can't you crouch jump out of those windows?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Can't you crouch jump out of those windows?

Nope, tried. It wouldn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

haven't had any bad pump whiffs but i tend to only pick it up if i have a choke/one is near by. Not sure if that makes a big difference though.

I have never gotten a Saiga kill. One guy took two straight to the chest with splatter and survived. Another also survived although I'm not sure how many, if any, hit. I've pretty much given up on using it at this point unless I haven't found another primary.

E: wait, you weren't the one saying the pump seemed off.

• Locked thread