Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Orv posted:

Hi, before this gets out of hand, Denuvo does not;

• Harm SSDs
  • Serve as malware to harvest your personal information
  • Cause performance issues in gameplay
  • Do anything that should cause you to refund the game for any reason

Don't continue to spread Reddit's bullshit misinformation. Yes DRM sucks, and serves no meaningful purpose, it also doesn't cause problems anymore. Starforce can't ever hurt you again.

No. Don't you see?! Gaming is being destroyed. Assaulted on all fronts. Always be vigilant! They're even turnin' the frickin' Uruks gay!

Alex Jones talks about Shadow of War:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kAEoCHANYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I decided that PC was my go to for this game. How's the kb/m expected to control? Just wondering if I should dust off my 360 controller.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SettingSun posted:

I decided that PC was my go to for this game. How's the kb/m expected to control? Just wondering if I should dust off my 360 controller.

Have you played a recent Assassin's Creed, any of the Batmans or Shadow of Mordor on PC? It'll have extremely similar controls. If not, they're perfectly usable, but you might be more comfortable with a controller even still.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

SettingSun posted:

The first one was much better with a controller imo

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

SettingSun posted:

Like a loving dream if it's like in the original (which it should be). You'll be a sniping god with a mouse Vs a clumsy rockthrowing hobbit with a controller. Especially with all the new trick shots you can do in SoW, being precise will be really helpful.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sweeper posted:

The first one was much better with a controller imo

Unless you used the bow a lot. Shooting on a controller controlled reqlly poorly.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So, what is the goon approved move here? Pre-order the silver addition with the extra orc tribes? I normally dont go in for special editions, but I loved the nemsis system in the first game and more orcs are always better than fewer so...

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So, what is the goon approved move here? Pre-order the silver addition with the extra orc tribes? I normally dont go in for special editions, but I loved the nemsis system in the first game and more orcs are always better than fewer so...

Probably? They won't be in on release and there's no timeline on when they'll be added yet.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Having played both ways, Keyboard is better, at least for the first one. I think they're trying to make controller better for shadow of war though. They changed the way last chance finishers work because they were much harder with a controller. I'm not sure how/if they fixed the bow on controller.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Do you always enter the chamber of the fortress boss alone, or can you bring along some of your orc buddies ?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Aquasnake posted:

Having played both ways, Keyboard is better, at least for the first one. I think they're trying to make controller better for shadow of war though. They changed the way last chance finishers work because they were much harder with a controller. I'm not sure how/if they fixed the bow on controller.

So you apparently choose between two ranged weapons, bow or hammer. Hammers have lower ammo and bigger AOE so maybe they're the more controller friendly option?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hammerstein posted:

Do you always enter the chamber of the fortress boss alone, or can you bring along some of your orc buddies ?

You can assign a 'bodyguard' Orc you can summon and he works in there, same as summoning worgs and poo poo. Your actual army stays out though, yea.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zore posted:

So you apparently choose between two ranged weapons, bow or hammer. Hammers have lower ammo and bigger AOE so maybe they're the more controller friendly option?

There are hammer specific headshot traits, so not necessarily.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

That's kinda where I'm at staring at both editions. I don't know if $15 is worth it for two extra kinds of orc and haven't followed the streams so I don't know what extra tribes entail. Is it content or just extra orc skinz?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mailer posted:

That's kinda where I'm at staring at both editions. I don't know if $15 is worth it for two extra kinds of orc and haven't followed the streams so I don't know what extra tribes entail. Is it content or just extra orc skinz?

A tribe DLC will have new orc titles/names/types, a new tribal weapon/skill, new orc appearances and new regional changes if you make one of them the overlord.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

Basically all orcs belong to a tribe. Tribes get a unique secondary weapon and some unique visuals and titles. Whatever tribe the Overlord of any given area is also affects the area by adding forges or extra beast cells etc based on the tribe.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The DLC for the first game wasn't that great so I'm holding off until it's released, personally.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zokari posted:

The DLC for the first game wasn't that great so I'm holding off until it's released, personally.

Honestly that's probably the right move either way. Even with the significant discounts on the bigger additions you should probably wait to see if you're actually into the new tribes aesthetics and the story DLC locations before buying them. They're going to keep streaming the game for presumably the entire year of DLC content releases, so you'll have plenty of chance to see them before they're released.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's pretty lame they're hiding a bunch of tribes behind day one DLC. It sounds like that actually adds a decent amount of flavour to the game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Popete posted:

That's pretty lame they're hiding a bunch of tribes behind day one DLC. It sounds like that actually adds a decent amount of flavour to the game.

It isn't day 1, and there's 2 tribes. So far we have no idea when they'll be released.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Popete posted:

It's not day one, it's at least a month out for just one of them. It's basically half of the season pass.

E: Fine Zore, you answer all the posts. :colbert:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Popete posted:

The tribes aren't day one DLC IIRC, I'm not sure if they've given a release day for them yet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
why does monday have to to come before tuesday? It's not fair, imo

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Aww, what? I thought the Tribes were day1 since the store page doesn't say "eventually" and they seemed like typical day1 DLC. That sucks.

Oh well, I played through Bright Lord tonight and it was real good, so I am still hyped for SoW.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 9, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

sexpig by night posted:

why does monday have to to come before tuesday? It's not fair, imo
Do you know what happens to Steam on Tuesdays?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that sucks. I probably wouldn't have bought the Silver edition if I knew that.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Has anyone received an Amazon PC Steam code yet? I thought I saw that they had pre-load listed on their webpage but I guess it wasn't there.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Scalding Coffee posted:

Do you know what happens to Steam on Tuesdays?

That's the day the truck carrying the compressed source files arrives?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

sexpig by night posted:

You can assign a 'bodyguard' Orc you can summon and he works in there, same as summoning worgs and poo poo. Your actual army stays out though, yea.

That's reasonable if you can bring your alpha orc along. Would be kinda silly to have that huge army and then roll in solo for the boss fight.

35 hours and counting....

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

According to a developer on the Discord server the game comes out at midnight South Korean time (8AM PST, in 6 hours from the time of this post).
I assume that means that the game will come out midnight local time everywhere else as well so people who are interested in getting it early might want to consider a VPN.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

According to a developer on the Discord server the game comes out at midnight South Korean time (8AM PST, in 6 hours from the time of this post).
I assume that means that the game will come out midnight local time everywhere else as well so people who are interested in getting it early might want to consider a VPN.

Are you sure it's not 1 day and 6 hours? That's what it says on my store page.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Ragingsheep posted:

Yeah, I'm getting 30 hours as well (in Australia, so basically the same as Korea). I mean, I'd be happy to be wrong.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

For clarity, the dev quote:

Sounds like it's midnight for everybody, guess we'll see in 5 hours.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ragingsheep posted:

Steam store page is almost always wrong for AAA titles.
It always only shows the default release time and while indie devs usually don't bother changing it, AAA devs always have their own ideas about release times.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

LupusAter posted:

For clarity, the dev quote:

Sounds like it's midnight for everybody, guess we'll see in 5 hours.

I dunno saying people in South Korea will get it at 8am PST seems to indicate that it's not midnight for everyone assuming you use a vpn.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
All I know is I bought the game and won't be able to play it until the weekend because i've got overwatch practice for the entire week with very little time to play, even if I wasn't booked my internet is so poo poo it's going to take about a day to download it.

*grumble grumble*

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 9, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sedisp posted:

I dunno saying people in South Korea will get it at 8am PST seems to indicate that it's not midnight for everyone assuming you use a vpn.

What? 8AM PST is midnight in South Korea.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Edit: Nevermind I misunderstood.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Viridiant posted:

He says South Korea are the first ones to get it. They can't be the first if we all get it at the same time.

But I said, midnight local time.
Local time as in, different time for each time zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah, my tired brain misread that whole series of posts.

• Locked thread