Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
post your nudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

vains posted:

Send your nudes as secret satan

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Batman: The Animated Series is coming to blu-ray next year.

http://www.cbr.com/batman-the-animated-series-blu-ray-collection-2018/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I already own the TAS on dvd but that is super tempting.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's also available on Amazon Prime for streaming

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol physical media

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
488 GTB outside my office.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

cool i woke up at 1:30am because i got a sudden blast of stomach acid up my nose somehow??? i guess i was laying on my stomach and burped in my sleep or something

gently caress me, getting older sucks

This kind of poo poo is the worst thing ever. Fortunately it's rare, but I'll wake up with loving acid reflux a couple of times a month.

As each production studio starts launching their own $5-10/mo streaming service and Netlix, Prime, and Hulu slowly die off, you might rethink this. CBS is pulling all the Star Trek series off the other services to make them All-Access exclusive, and Disney is doing the same thing with EVERYTHING they own outright in preparation for their own service's launch.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 9, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

As each production studio starts launching their own $5-10/mo streaming service and Netlix, Prime, and Hulu slowly die off, you might rethink this. CBS is pulling all the Star Trek series off the other services to make them All-Access exclusive, and Disney is doing the same thing with EVERYTHING they own outright in preparation for their own service's launch.

I really hate this garbage concept (every studio having their own streaming service).

Just let Netflix charge me 20 bucks a month so everyone get's their royalties, I'm not signing up for 3+ streaming services.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I really hate this garbage concept (every studio having their own streaming service).

Just let Netflix charge me 20 bucks a month so everyone get's their royalties, I'm not signing up for 3+ streaming services.

otoh it's finally making "Just let me buy the channels I want" a reality

I keep my $8/mo. Comcast SD cable connection around because it inexplicably gives me access to streaming for HBO and a bunch of cable networks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gran Turismo Sport PS+ beta is available from now until the 12th, any progress in the beta is carried over, downloaded it last night and it is slick.

They did a really drat good job on it, the cars don't sound like vacuum cleaners anymore even!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

orange juche posted:

Gran Turismo Sport PS+ beta is available from now until the 12th, any progress in the beta is carried over, downloaded it last night and it is slick.

I really like it too. Gran Turismo feels like my childhood video game memories. That series is what got me hooked into cars and racing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

So what youre saying is forza might have dropped the ball hard enough for gran turismo to steal it back

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My sci fi lit class went to see Blade Runner yesterday. I didn't go because I had other stuff to do.

What I've learned is that this movie oversexualized women and is a feminist nightmare.

These are actual phrases that have been said.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

My sci fi lit class went to see Blade Runner yesterday. I didn't go because I had other stuff to do.

What I've learned is that this movie oversexualized women and is a feminist nightmare.

I can see that being a take. Perhaps they missed the part with an entire class of life being abject slaves as part of the story.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Piracy never went away you know.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

This kind of poo poo is the worst thing ever. Fortunately it's rare, but I'll wake up with loving acid reflux a couple of times a month.

I used to get terrible acid reflux, but when I eliminated most carbs (especially beer) from my diet it pretty much went away.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Hmm, yes, why would a dystopic scifi movie heavily invested in portraying the downsides of commercializing every single aspect of life and the corporate ownership of basically everything portray women as oversexualized objects OTHER than as a reflection of the terribly misogyny of it's director who we should all have a two minute hate session on now?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

cowboy elvis posted:

I really like it too. Gran Turismo feels like my childhood video game memories. That series is what got me hooked into cars and racing.

I'm tentatively excited for Gran Turismo now, it looks like they're serious about being a really good racing game now. It helps that it controls amazing on controller, but it also controls really good on a wheel/pedals with minimal fuss. Sure you can't mess with nitty gritty how much deadzone do you want in your clutch pedal poo poo like PCars 2, but if I have to gently caress with settings to make the default experience enjoyable, they're missing the ball.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
[quote="“Slavic Crime Yacht”" post="“477212353”"]
So what youre saying is forza might have dropped the ball hard enough for gran turismo to steal it back
[/quote]

Forza is Forza. Known quantity at this point. Gran Turismo Sport is catching poo poo for not being a car collection sperg game as previous entries. It's not like a mystery either. Sony has done a nice job of saying THIS IS A GAME FOR RACE CARS ONLY

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

cowboy elvis posted:

Forza is Forza. Known quantity at this point. Gran Turismo Sport is catching poo poo for not being a car collection sperg game as previous entries. It's not like a mystery either. Sony has done a nice job of saying THIS IS A GAME FOR RACE CARS ONLY

GT Sport also released a trailer to that effect, that they were tired of it being a car collection game and were getting back to their roots, which from what ive played they've done really well :getin:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

If it doesn't have every single variation of S14-15 Silvia and R32 Skyline, I'm not interested.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mad Dragon posted:

If it doesn't have every single variation of S14-15 Silvia and R32 Skyline, I'm not interested.

Subaru 22b/STi/GC8/Rally car & 90s MR2

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

New blade runner is good as heck, i just hope they dont muck it up with a sequel.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If a company says the dress code for a dinner that I'm invited to (the evening before the day of interviews) is "business casual" should I dress in business formal/professional anyway? Because that's what I am leaning towards doing.

loving hype for this interview.

Vas: do big companies offer subsidized housing for people doing seasonal work? I may be doing an internship with this company for June and July, and then begin as an employee after I get my masters. But my lease at my current place is until September. I can't afford two rent payments, especially at D.C. prices.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 10, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If it says business casual, wear business casual.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Dress slacks/khaki's button down shirt w t shirt, no tie and sport coat

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or a polo and decent pants.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Get out your old dress uniform.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Get out your old dress uniform.

My accounting professor today asked me if I still have my "military suit."

Idk about all of you, but I felt like I was wearing my clown costume when I wore my class As. Never got ASUs.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Hated that oval office cap though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cracker jacks will be and always have been the best.
Lady butts look awesome in them too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Syrian Lannister posted:

Hated that oval office cap though.

Seriously. I was glad to get a beret after boot, no matter how dumb they were. It was leagues better than the pickle tip.

I kept my class As. Jacket, beret, one pair of pants, one long sleeve shirt, and a pair of black leather boots, because gently caress those shiny shoes, there's a 101st patch on the shoulder of my jacket, I wore boots. Most of it is wrapped up in a bag in a box in my brother's storage locker. I'll probably toss it in the car when I go back to visit this winter.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Mr. Nice! posted:

dont wear a polo and khakis. you're going to look like a clown.

slacks and a long sleeve button down.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, don't go in clothes you'd wear to hang with frat bros.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If it's an after work event wear slacks, a button-down, and a sport coat. Don't wear a tie. That's how you DC.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Didn't see it was DC. I recommend seer sucker instead.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah if you don't have a sport coat, you could just wear a suit without the tie. It works.

For companies that have an internship/seasonal program, ask your coordinator. Some of them have designated hotel space, some of them go so far as to have furnished apartments they give you. I would be very, very surprised if a company outright makes you pay for ANYTHING, unless they give you a boatload of money in straight cash and let you figure it out.

edit: for reference, our "Summer Games" internship program has dedicated hotel space near the building, per diem for meals, and pays Administrative Professional 2 wages (~39k/yr, so you walk away with almost 10k for 3 months of work)

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 10, 2017

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Seriously. I was glad to get a beret after boot, no matter how dumb they were. It was leagues better than the pickle tip.

I kept my class As. Jacket, beret, one pair of pants, one long sleeve shirt, and a pair of black leather boots, because gently caress those shiny shoes, there's a 101st patch on the shoulder of my jacket, I wore boots. Most of it is wrapped up in a bag in a box in my brother's storage locker. I'll probably toss it in the car when I go back to visit this winter.

I kept a couple of pairs of bdu pants and one pair of BCT boots for lawn work, a field jacket and liner, a woobie, both berets, and both sets of green jungle boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh and above all, please make sure your suit for your interview is properly tailored. It doesn't matter where it came from but god drat does a poorly fitted suit look bad. Tailoring is cheap.

Go with a neutral (black, charcoal, olive or navy) suit with a white/offwhite shirt and a conservative colored tie. Think "Republican Senator". You can do ~crazy colors~ later once you're hired.

I poo poo you not, House of Cards has some fantastic ties showcased in it. I probably have a good half dozen I bought from watching and going 'man that looks cool'.

• Locked thread