Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I only have 91 Feast wins. And I quite like to PvP. It's just the Feast rating/reward system is pants on head dumb. Also, even if they can't talk to you directly, they make their disappointment known through spamming commands. So if you're sensitive, people still might make you feel like poo poo.

The hardest part about 8v8 Feast at this point is if it'll pop or not. The second hurdle is then what jobs are on both teams. I haven't done 8v8 for awhile, but from what I recall, it'd often be the case that one team would have one or no healer, and the other team would have two, and the team with two would generally win. Having a friend and having multiple jobs you're comfortable with playing helps make your team a little less lopsided.

Oh also, Garo's new anime just started, so it would seem like an odd time to get rid of the gear, but who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

ruta posted:

The hardest part about 8v8 Feast at this point is if it'll pop or not.

I've been doing 8v8 because 4v4 is apparently completely dead outside of people in the top whatever trying to improve their ranking. I queued for 4v4 as bard, it said 30+ minutes so I switched to healer, waited 10 minutes, then went back to 8v8 because that usually pops in like 5 minutes and I don't have to play healer.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Part of the 8v8 feast I have trouble with is actually burning down opposing players. I generally go in as RDM so I'm in the back, lobbing Verthings at whatever I see at least one other person attacking. I rarely do the melee combo unless people get close or run off on their own, because closing in usually gets me killed.

I tried going in as WHM once and it was the most stressful thing I had ever done in PvP! Also, I ran out of mana really fast. Any dedicated PvP healers got any tips? I'm planning on leveling a healer in my off time and I may supplement dungeons with a bit of PvP. Still chasing those GARO wins, though not as dedicatedly as I used to.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

IDK anything about PvP SCH or AST, but for WHM make a lot of use of protect and benison, try not to spam cure 2 too much mostly just use it if someone is getting focused, and try to have 3 lilies ready when its time to assize. Probably want to pick Muse if you still have MP problems from there. Keeping your team alive in the feast is probably the most satisfying thing in the game for a healer, IMO.

Playing a DPS in the feast you really have to make sure you're focusing with your team, you're not gonna successfully burn someone down single handedly if the other team has a healer unless they have a poo poo ton of medals.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Thundarr posted:

Don't the dummies assume no healer dps and minimal tank dps and so the expected DPS class output is inordinately high?

I've always kind of wondered how they even decided on the dummy's dps check if you start up SSS as a healer.
Dummies are basically Square's idea of what your job's dps should be doing at an unspecified ilevel before raid buffs/debuffs in a specific time window. 'When' you should be able to kill an SSS dummy is a floating target since we don't know the intended ilevels, or the intended weapon damage. They were probably measured and agreed upon by internal testers at various ilevels rather than specific formula but nobody really knows. The much shorter time frame of the SSS dummy gives you some weird scenarios like 320 ninjas at launch having a really hard time clearing even the o1s dummy unless it optimizeed specifically for its TA windows (much easier once people found the doton bug), or summoners cheesing their timers at launch (another one that's much easier since the dot buffs).

In the end it just turned into meme wars about "I can do 4300 dps on this dummy before the raid tier is released yeehaw"

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 10, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Of course I missed the FF3 chat.

If anyone has a problem with the DS remake's weird changes, that's because the director of that game is none other than Hiromichi Tanaka, who it turns out was also one of the designers for the original FF3. That remake really went the wrong direction with QoL changes. "Crystal sickness" was even worse than the original game's "capacity point" system for switching jobs.

I enjoyed the game for what it was but I don't pretend like it was a great game. It was pretty hard and often frustrating.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So presumably if I'm trying to get a Shirogane house I should pick the plot I want in advance, memorize how to get there, choose a random ward that isn't 1 or 12, and turn my graphics settings to minimum so I load faster. Then I want to log off right in front of somewhere I can go to the ward I want. Anything else I should plan on doing?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

jalapeno_dude posted:

So presumably if I'm trying to get a Shirogane house I should pick the plot I want in advance, memorize how to get there, choose a random ward that isn't 1 or 12, and turn my graphics settings to minimum so I load faster. Then I want to log off right in front of somewhere I can go to the ward I want. Anything else I should plan on doing?

If you have a monkey's paw laying around you might wanna give it a rub

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

Make a macro for /busy so people can't attempt to trade with you to prevent you from doing poo poo

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well I think I've finalised my 4.1 patch glam.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Finally got a goonfriend his first O4S clear. He even got the weapon, and I got the mount. Best ending.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 10, 2017

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SL the Pyro posted:

Finally got a goonfriend his first O4S clear. He even got the weapon, and I got the mount. Best ending.

Welcome to the Long Snake Club.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

jalapeno_dude posted:

Switch to Ninja (for faster base movespeed and faster shukuchi as of 4.1) or bard/machinist (for peloton).

Kuai
May 25, 2004
what is faster? brd with peloton or monk with fists of wind?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You can summon mounts in housing areas.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kuai posted:

what is faster? brd with peloton or monk with fists of wind?

The ninja with passive speed boost and shukuchi.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

You can summon mounts in housing areas.

The distance from the end if the dock to the aethyrite is such that by the time you finish mounting up, a sprinter has already made it there. Maybe mount up after you teleport, if your prospective plot is particularly far from a destination aethyrite, but sprint will carry you.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Good luck to everybody participating in the Great Patch 4.1 Housing Scramble.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The distance from the end if the dock to the aethyrite is such that by the time you finish mounting up, a sprinter has already made it there. Maybe mount up after you teleport, if your prospective plot is particularly far from a destination aethyrite, but sprint will carry you.

You'll still have Sprint up after you teleport from the Aetheryte, so mounting is still slower. The cast time really ruins it.

The only use I see for a mount in this case is to call it immediately after checking the plot and riding back to the Aetheryte - which you may have to do if need to go for a secondary housing choice, or (if you're helping with the FC mansion) are grabbing something after checking the FC plot.

As for BRD Peloton vs MNK Fists of Wind, the difference between the two is negligible. Either will work if you don't have a NIN levelled (though you'll have to cross your fingers that there isn't a NIN after your plot).

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Hnnggg. This whole thing is stupid.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Thundarr posted:

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Full patch notes are up. We can buy glamour prisms with GC seals now!

EDIT: And artisan tools/gear. The demimateria market is about to take a big hit.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well poo poo, 80,000 GC seals total for some new emotes. Guess I'll stop being capped for a while.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

What's up with the GC specific aetheryte tickets? 2k gc seals seems like a lot if its the same thing that you can buy now for 5 hunt seals

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
May the luckiest man win his house with private hot springs.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Disappointed. Would of hoped they appended their previous conviction to postpone the release of Epic Coil. Yoshi P keeps letting down the -real- hardcore audience again and again.

We don't log in for new hairstyles, dungeons, or even the main story. You can take your new housing and shove it where the sun don't shine. Custom deliveries?! Wtf is that? You know what we do log in for?

The Prog.

That's right. The Prog. That tinge of excitement that pulses through your body upon successfully mastering a raid mechanic, the beads of sweat dripping down your face as you rush frantically to get in that last inch of Damage Per Second when the enrage is being cast, the beautiful yet heart pounding dance of the Global Cooldown as you tap the keys like a piano. The likes of which we haven't seen since Alexander Prime, the most hardcore, mentally taxing and mechanically demanding raid the game has had to offer since release. The absolute, unbridled feeling of pushing this video game and the complex workings of each class that lay within to their absolute limits. The Prog.

And we want to see that prog again in the most nostalgia inducing way possible... Letting us relive our glory in the Coil. DAE remember the first time they saw akh morn? Amazeballs. DAE remember how rage inducingly difficult T7 was? The sheer, unbridled challenge of avoiding one circle aoe for 7 minutes straight and withholding on pressing buttons sometimes. And lest we forget the epic win that is Twintania. DAE remember old twisters?

They challenged every fiber of our being, damnit. They separated the boys from the men. Those who emerged victorious were showered with glory, knowing they bested the most difficult content the game had to offer.

But no. Guess we won't be seeing that tonight. Chances are they've been trolling us all along and have been working on a duck duck goose game for the Gold Saucer.

Real raiders would upvote and agree. Let's show Yoshi what we're made of. Give us what we really want. Make this game the eSport it was destined to be!! Let's take this post to the top, boiz!! #GiveUsTheContent #SemperGaming

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

homeless snail posted:

What's up with the GC specific aetheryte tickets? 2k gc seals seems like a lot if its the same thing that you can buy now for 5 hunt seals

I mean sure, but on the other hand what else am I going to spend GC seals on. My bag is overflowing with cordials already.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

Full patch notes are up. We can buy glamour prisms with GC seals now!

There go the silver and toad leather markets.

Also, still no GC weapons for RDM and SAM?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Disappointed. Would of hoped they appended their previous conviction to postpone the release of Epic Coil. Yoshi P keeps letting down the -real- hardcore audience again and again.

We don't log in for new hairstyles, dungeons, or even the main story. You can take your new housing and shove it where the sun don't shine. Custom deliveries?! Wtf is that? You know what we do log in for?

The Prog.

That's right. The Prog. That tinge of excitement that pulses through your body upon successfully mastering a raid mechanic, the beads of sweat dripping down your face as you rush frantically to get in that last inch of Damage Per Second when the enrage is being cast, the beautiful yet heart pounding dance of the Global Cooldown as you tap the keys like a piano. The likes of which we haven't seen since Alexander Prime, the most hardcore, mentally taxing and mechanically demanding raid the game has had to offer since release. The absolute, unbridled feeling of pushing this video game and the complex workings of each class that lay within to their absolute limits. The Prog.

And we want to see that prog again in the most nostalgia inducing way possible... Letting us relive our glory in the Coil. DAE remember the first time they saw akh morn? Amazeballs. DAE remember how rage inducingly difficult T7 was? The sheer, unbridled challenge of avoiding one circle aoe for 7 minutes straight and withholding on pressing buttons sometimes. And lest we forget the epic win that is Twintania. DAE remember old twisters?

They challenged every fiber of our being, damnit. They separated the boys from the men. Those who emerged victorious were showered with glory, knowing they bested the most difficult content the game had to offer.

But no. Guess we won't be seeing that tonight. Chances are they've been trolling us all along and have been working on a duck duck goose game for the Gold Saucer.

Real raiders would upvote and agree. Let's show Yoshi what we're made of. Give us what we really want. Make this game the eSport it was destined to be!! Let's take this post to the top, boiz!! #GiveUsTheContent #SemperGaming

source ur quotes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Did you add the #SemperGaming or was that there already

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Uuugh, I need to grab a house for my FC and I am not looking forward to the rush, even with being in a not especially populated server (Goblin). How do I switch to the backside of a ward, for plots 31-60? I might wanna rush to those to increase my chances, I feel.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

homeless snail posted:

Did you add the #SemperGaming or was that there already

98% of teens have moved on to rap music. If you are part os the 2% that are still rockin' and rollin' every day, put this in your signature.

This user just wants to play vidya gaems. Keep your politics OUT OF THEM.

Proud Centrist

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm so happy.

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Gloomy Rube posted:

Uuugh, I need to grab a house for my FC and I am not looking forward to the rush, even with being in a not especially populated server (Goblin). How do I switch to the backside of a ward, for plots 31-60? I might wanna rush to those to increase my chances, I feel.

I think you teleport to a subdivision at an aetheryte. I'd be interested to know if there is a quicker way.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Gloomy Rube posted:

You'll need to either select the second ward from the main city Aetheryte or pick the "subdivision" areas from the little Aetheryte menu once you're in the district.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 10, 2017

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I'd like to mess around with a small house and I have the gil for it... but I just lose all motivation when I realize you have to do all this dumb nonsense and it's still an incredibly slim chance to actually grab a plot. The whole thing is absurd.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

a kitten posted:

I'm so happy.

So this makes legendary medal collecting easier I'd take it?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Hey, something else to (probably) spend Ixion horns on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm actually most excited for the squadron update. Ten dolls for me to dress up? Yes.