Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm starting to think Santino is a dick. One of Jim's closest friends just died and Santino's still beefing about poo poo that happened 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He gives himself cute nicknames?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

He gives himself cute nicknames?

...yeah?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dave going after the kids for laughing is great.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

coconono posted:

I'm starting to think Santino is a dick. One of Jim's closest friends just died and Santino's still beefing about poo poo that happened 10 years ago.

Jim Cornette, noted man who does not hold decades-long grudges

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He'll kick you in the nuts as hard as he can

Never Forget the first booking Beau has EVER canceled.

I'm looking through old messages, I'll see if I can find some where he's had blowups/apologizing for blowups

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYtYltf6BqM

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beau's got really bad knees. Why would he even try to kick someone?

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
That was a weird B&V&T show.

Bryan has such good and distinct chemistry with Vinny and Tom and adding both to the mix results in a disjointed show with Vinny mainly trying to do his job while Bryan and Tom enjoyed bullshitting with each other.

Tom also didn't seem quite sober.

That being said, I like Tom.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This is the first time I've ever disliked a B and V show. What a Trainwreck from start to finish.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

This is the first time I've ever disliked a B and V show. What a Trainwreck from start to finish.
filthy should only be allowed on dave shows, if at all

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
See you've all made the mistake of downloading things that don't feature the text in the description saying "with Dave Meltzer."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

See you've all made the mistake of downloading things that don't feature the text in the description saying "with Dave Meltzer."

Retro RAW and Nitro is still good. Listening to them rewatch these shows and remember how bad they were is fun. Sometimes I agree with their assessments but other times, like this week with the 'Hunt for Hall' and the backstage beatdown by the Wolfpac; both those were still cool with me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can listen to Dave about 1-3 times a year. I have no idea how people do that poo poo weekly.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

coconono posted:

I can listen to Dave about 1-3 times a year. I have no idea how people do that poo poo weekly.

Dave, uh, rules, y'know

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

PaybackJack posted:

Retro RAW and Nitro is still good. Listening to them rewatch these shows and remember how bad they were is fun. Sometimes I agree with their assessments but other times, like this week with the 'Hunt for Hall' and the backstage beatdown by the Wolfpac; both those were still cool with me.

As someone who didn't watch wcw growing up I love following the retro reviews. As far as I can tell Goldberg has been champ for two months and hasn't been featured in a single storyline or even cut a promo. I don't even think he's been in the main event.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JT Smiley posted:

As someone who didn't watch wcw growing up I love following the retro reviews. As far as I can tell Goldberg has been champ for two months and hasn't been featured in a single storyline or even cut a promo. I don't even think he's been in the main event.

In Goldberg's 6 month reign of champion, he main evented exactly 2 PPVs of a possible 6. Halloween Havoc with DDP, and Starrcade with Nash. He also didn't wrestle on 2 of thise shows.

DDP on the other hand actually main evented the first 5 of those 6. (He had the celebrity tag matches with Malone and Leno against Hogan and Bischoff, War Games, aforementioned Goldberg match, and a US title match against Bret)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The DDP/Goldberg match was good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave stealing Heath Slater's "I've got kids" gimmick, smh

Randaconda posted:

The DDP/Goldberg match was good.

It was great!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Too bad they had to give it away on free TV and issue a ton of refunds for the show. Truly a great time to be a wrestling fan that couldn't afford both WWE and WCW PPVs as WCW gave away their two best matches of the year on Nitro.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

Too bad they had to give it away on free TV and issue a ton of refunds for the show. Truly a great time to be a wrestling fan that couldn't afford both WWE and WCW PPVs as WCW gave away their two best matches of the year on Nitro.

In what world was that one of the two best matches of the year for WCW?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

In what world was that one of the two best matches of the year for WCW?

Mistyped, meant to say "two of their" not "their two".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

Mistyped, meant to say "two of their" not "their two".

I like the match but I'm not sure it squeezes into my top 10 for the year in WCW.

For world title matches it's the best "wrestling" match they had that year though and as luck would have it the best world title match WCW had in 99 was on Nitro too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Lance Russell Observer Radio show from 2010 they put up is really good, Russell's voice (he would have been in the late 80s at this point) basically sounds the same as it did in his heyday.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

The Board's having fun

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dave owns

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dsriggs posted:

The Board's having fun

:vince:

Thats' the funniest thing on the board since Rovert claimed some dude was Gabe Sapolsky.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

algebra testes posted:

Thats' the funniest thing on the board since Rovert claimed some dude was Gabe Sapolsky.

Funnier than Bryan giving Rovert a temp ban live on Bryan and Vinny?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

algebra testes posted:

That wasn't me.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Randaconda posted:

Funnier than Bryan giving Rovert a temp ban live on Bryan and Vinny?

Hang on wasn't that like 6 years ago? That was p funny too .

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bryan asking if Finn was going to wrestle in drag as well since "he already did the paint" was p good. In fact, that whole segment was pretty drat funny.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Akileese posted:

Bryan asking if Finn was going to wrestle in drag as well since "he already did the paint" was p good. In fact, that whole segment was pretty drat funny.

That would actually be wonderful

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

What should I submit for this month's Nobodies Watching Wrestling patreon video

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Diva Search

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Did Lawlor's nose get hosed up fighting? He sounds like a mouthbreather.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mob posted:

What should I submit for this month's Nobodies Watching Wrestling patreon video

Billy and Chuck's wedding

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/917911101211402240

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man that BVC was great :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Platypus Farm posted:

That would actually be wonderful

I mean Finn has beat him clean twice now, once after Bray jumped him to get an advantage. There's no other reason to even have a third match so gently caress it, evening gown match!

• Locked thread