Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Literally Kermit posted:

Welp I'm definitely getting this game today - I may as well take the plunge and get the Gold edition, which I assume is the "plus season pass" version?

I've never used Green Man Gaming before, what's the catch? Getting 25% off the Gold would be extremely my kind of poo poo

You can't get a refund I think is the catch. The game is good so you won't need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

murder the guy it says is your nemesis until the guy you want is.

I was hoping there was another way. It was a hellish fight, but I finally took him down and now Skak Jaws is my True Nemesis...as it should be. I lost count of how many times we killed each other.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Can't stop taking dumb screenshots of all these dumb orcs :allears:

Didn't notice that these ansel screenshots leave the fps counter oh well time to turn it off the game runs pretty drat well anyhow.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I kept killing this irk and he kept coming back as a machine with new limbs being replaced

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh alright. It just taught me how to summon bodyguards and an Olag loving ambushed me instead with my bodyguard in hand.

This game...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does the mobile game for this have any tie-ins for items or anything?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the ps4 patch's size

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aphrodite posted:

Does the mobile game for this have any tie-ins for items or anything?

No, they're not connected. Also the mobile game is bad so don't play it

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

there's a 4k cinematic pack (25GB) and the ultra res texture pack (15GB) for download, but adding them is broken atm

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The screenshot feature seems way more cumbersome to use than it was in SoM. :psyduck:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Hey everyone so only the last half of the game is a 40 hour grind and pay to win to see one cut scene. Everyone hop on the bus!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'll reserve my judgement of the final segment of the game to when I get to it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
What's the % of people that actually finish games they buy these days anyway? Thought it was low as gently caress for any game thats not like 4 hours long.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

dogstile posted:

What's the % of people that actually finish games they buy these days anyway? Thought it was low as gently caress for any game thats not like 4 hours long.

Did you just seriously excuse a grind and pay to win game with a retail box sale with this type of statement?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Utnayan posted:

Did you just seriously excuse a grind and pay to win game with a retail box sale with this type of statement?

Uh oh, people are having fun with a game they bought. Better fix that!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Utnayan posted:

Hey everyone so only the last half of the game is a 40 hour grind and pay to win to see one cut scene. Everyone hop on the bus!

I'm glad I have an excuse to fight procedural orcs for forty hours. Send me to Orc Valhalla.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Don't entertain Utnayan please. This is a thing.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
How does this thing handle on the PlayStation poor? My laptop is out of action for a good while.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

there's a 4k cinematic pack (25GB) and the ultra res texture pack (15GB) for download, but adding them is broken atm

How are they broken?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Not at all. The problem is the last half the game requires legendary orcs, something you have to either artificially grind for 40 hours for, or be forced to use the shop. If that's your thing and you do not mind an artificial free to play style financial system with heavy incentive on the online store so you can by pass it, all the power to you. Some people won't mind doing that. Others will be pissed. So I think it's fair to discuss as people weigh in on whether to purchase the game or not.

However, when someone comes in and scapegoats the practice (The first this bad to hit the industry) as "Well, no one finishes games these days anyway according to statistics" that's a ridiculous statement that should be called out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Caidin posted:

How does this thing handle on the PlayStation poor? My laptop is out of action for a good while.

I played for about 15 minutes this morning and it ran fairly well

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This game looks really nice even on low settings on my PC. I can see myself putting a lot of time into this, considering how great SoM was for screwing around aimlessly for hours

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really glad to hear that the max difficulty whips your rear end. I really wanted an actual challenge from the game after I was sleepwalking thru the rpevious one like halfway in. gently caress now I think I need this

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Utnayan posted:

Not at all. The problem is the last half the game requires legendary orcs, something you have to either artificially grind for 40 hours for, or be forced to use the shop. If that's your thing and you do not mind an artificial free to play style financial system with heavy incentive on the online store so you can by pass it, all the power to you. Some people won't mind doing that. Others will be pissed. So I think it's fair to discuss as people weigh in on whether to purchase the game or not.

However, when someone comes in and scapegoats the practice (The first this bad to hit the industry) as "Well, no one finishes games these days anyway according to statistics" that's a ridiculous statement that should be called out.

Play on a harder difficulty and never murder a legendary orc?

Playing orc pokemon is the main gameplay loop, so whatever dude. You stay mad, i'll have fun stabbing orcs and playing orc pokemon.

(Google the ending on youtube you loving sperg)

Dongattack posted:

Not only is this oval office back harder than ever, he's loving gross :barf:

What's his name?

dogstile fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 10, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Not only is this oval office back harder than ever, he's loving gross :barf:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Honestly I think this story sold me on the game

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I wish it was possible to skip the fixed orc captain intros during story missions. They're gold the first time but I died a few times in one of the story missions surprise entry by my Nemesis, a vaultbreaker guardian and I'm tired of waiting for this orc to shut up so I can maybe not die this time.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Utnayan posted:

What if I told you... that legendary orcs are stupidly common?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

My first game Nemesis was a pain in the rear end to kill because his only weakness was explosions and I had used all the bombs already. Do you unlock anything worth continuing the story for right now after the beginning of Act 2 or can I go back and gently caress around with side content for a bit?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do orcs still die forever if you decapitate them and therefore the Nemesis system never really gets off the ground? That's what disappointed me in the first game, I was good enough to just murder orcs forever but not good enough to selectively spare dudes to get angry with me. :(

Also hows the fortress stuff? I loved FOB invasions in MGS5.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

Do orcs still die forever if you decapitate them and therefore the Nemesis system never really gets off the ground? That's what disappointed me in the first game, I was good enough to just murder orcs forever but not good enough to selectively spare dudes to get angry with me. :(

Also hows the fortress stuff? I loved FOB invasions in MGS5.

The nemesis system in this game is disconnected from your deaths. It goes on in the background and time advances all the time by doing like anything

I tried to "clear the board" last night and never managed to get more than 4 captains dead at the same time

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Start the clock now, we'll see how long it takes Utnayan to accuse people enjoying this video game of being cleverly entrenched marketing shills.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
I love all that this game has to offer and am happily spending in game currency to buy warchests.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

My favourite captain so far is/was "Krackhorn the Inscrutable" an extremely fast talking ork with an Irish brogue. Killed him once and was super please when he showed up again and started jabbering on about something which I couldn't quite catch but his rant ended with "...ah but whatever, let's make some memories!"

I was already on my way somewhere and thought "I'll just let him live so I can see him again later" and then he gets poisoned by a spider and instantly dies to it lol (fortunately he came back again later.) He has the "defy death" trait so he gets a last chance thing like the player. I hope this means he keeps coming back again and again or at least till I can make him one of mine.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zore posted:

Played a whole bunch, gotta sleep now. 2 questions;

2: if a Captain gets the 'Iron Will' trait is there any way to get rid of it to brand them. I have this super rad Olog who keeps coming back from the dead all stiched up but I cant brand him :(
Shame. Shame. Shame.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Phi230 posted:

The nemesis system in this game is disconnected from your deaths. It goes on in the background and time advances all the time by doing like anything

I tried to "clear the board" last night and never managed to get more than 4 captains dead at the same time
Nah I don't mean the hierarchy stuff that happens in the background I mean (and it's been a long time but I'm pretty this was how it worked) that playing the game properly (building up combo meter to instakill the tougher orcs) was directly at odds with Nemeses since instakills meant they never came back, so if you were halfway decent at fighting you never got these cool stories about people being stalked by the same orc across the whole game. Like, the Nemesis who met me at the gates at the end of the first game was some runt I'd seen twice.

Also people post more about the Conquests please it sounds like it's basically the reason I'd buy the game. :v:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Had a bit of a saga tonight when I shamed a guy to bring his level down. His gimmick switched to The Unashamed, and he kept going on these rants about how no one can shame him, not even the Gravewalker and how he turned his brand into a mark of pride.

He led me on a merry chase across Morder for another three encounters until I finally got him at a feast. He said I was almost as shameless as him for interrupting. Welcome to the army, buddy.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dragonstoned posted:

My favourite captain so far is/was "Krackhorn the Inscrutable" an extremely fast talking ork with an Irish brogue. Killed him once and was super please when he showed up again and started jabbering on about something which I couldn't quite catch but his rant ended with "...ah but whatever, let's make some memories!"

In one of the streams they had an orc with a super thick brogue and the subtitles eventually just went "???"

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Pierson posted:

Nah I don't mean the hierarchy stuff that happens in the background I mean (and it's been a long time but I'm pretty this was how it worked) that playing the game properly (building up combo meter to instakill the tougher orcs) was directly at odds with Nemeses since instakills meant they never came back, so if you were halfway decent at fighting you never got these cool stories about people being stalked by the same orc across the whole game. Like, the Nemesis who met me at the gates at the end of the first game was some runt I'd seen twice.

Also people post more about the Conquests please it sounds like it's basically the reason I'd buy the game. :v:

I've had more than one orc cheat death in the 3 hours I've played so far. One of whom more than once. First time, came back scarred and his epithet changed to 'The Survivor'. The second time he came back with a bag on his head lmao. He got really tough after that so I've been ducking him.

I'm at work like some adult so I haven't even completed the first act yet, so I have nothing on conquests for you, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Aaaah alright, that sounds cool, cheers man. The game in general sounds good, time to check out this loot controversy.

Edit: Hoo boy.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 10, 2017

• Locked thread