Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

All Might's voice alone makes the dub worth it

he sucks op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated posted:

I only find Shigaraki kinda weak as far as the dumb goes. He sounds annoying, not creepy.

I just find Shigaraki weak in general. I think should he ever get his poo poo together in terms of being the top dog of villains, I'd be better able to actually weigh what we've gotten so far. Cause so far, he kinda is an annoying creep who's not quite reached their full potential.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I take it all back.

Evil Iida is amazing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Aurora posted:

he sucks op

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I take it all back.

Evil Iida is amazing.

I coulda told you that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shinjobi posted:

I just find Shigaraki weak in general. I think should he ever get his poo poo together in terms of being the top dog of villains, I'd be better able to actually weigh what we've gotten so far. Cause so far, he kinda is an annoying creep who's not quite reached their full potential.

I think that's kind of the whole point of his character

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Aurora posted:

nice free speech defense

That's what it means to be a hero...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

no it means i have refined taste

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Aurora posted:

no it means i have refined taste
it's actually the exact opposite

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

t'isn't

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

That might be the most horrifying thing I've ever drawn.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think now's a good time to binge through both seasons from the beginning.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlestonJew posted:

I think that's kind of the whole point of his character

Well yeah, but I'm saying I think both voices so far fit for the character. He hasn't really done anything aside from his creepy smile at season's end. Both performances seem comparable at the moment.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
From what I saw of the dub the only real problem I have with it, is that it re-characterizes Deku as having a different attitude to the whole heroing stuff, which I question how will fit going forward.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mordaedil posted:

From what I saw of the dub the only real problem I have with it, is that it re-characterizes Deku as having a different attitude to the whole heroing stuff, which I question how will fit going forward.

Mind explaining the differences, honestly curious.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
A better attitude. Here's a video someone linked earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-V4L50r7U

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thanks, watching it now.

Edit: I liked the video. I think it reaffirms my liking of the Dub but I can understand why there's a discussion now. And now I'm on to watch the other video this guy made, so thanks for the link.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 10, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Be like me, and watch both the sub and the dub to fill that hole in your heart.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea I think I have to do it some day. Maybe once the rest of the dub comes out.

This is a dumb question since it was only really like a year ago I started watching anime again, but when you buy Blu-rays of shows do they give you the option of Sub or Dub or do you have to specifically buy a copy with the version you want, and need to buy 2 to get both? Cause I think that may be the best time for me to try out the sub.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
You can usually just see on the amazon page or whatever what languages the DVD has, but unless it's Pokémon or something anime is virtually always sub/dub so you can just turn on Japanese voiceovers and subtitles while in the middle of an episode.

Plus if it actually was the case the thread would have had a massive derail over it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There haven't been separate sub/dub releases since the VHS days, though a dvd/BD might contain only one for licensing or budgetary reasons, they're in the minority though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, most often, if a show only has one on it, it's a show that never got dubbed in the first place.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Jackard posted:

A better attitude. Here's a video someone linked earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-V4L50r7U

Oh god this editing...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Oh god this editing...

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

PMush Perfect posted:

Be like me, and watch both the sub and the dub to fill that hole in your heart.

Get on my level dude. I watched the english and spanish dubs with the subs of 5 different languages along with the Japanese sub all ovelayed on one video.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone know where I might find a scale All Might figure? Google ain't helping and I'm lost at Japanese import sites.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think the ONLY figures for this series are the two Nendoroids and the two Figmas, both of which are Deku and Bakugou. It's really weird to me how little "good" merchandise there is for this series. Most of it is cellphone straps, stickers, and stuff like that. There's an All Might funko pop but I'm not sure what's what you are looking for.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Radish posted:

There's an All Might funko pop but I'm not sure what's what you are looking for.

That Funko Pop looks.... good??????

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

That Funko Pop looks.... good??????

mods!???

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What do I do? I don't hate it. I think I need to turn in my weeb card.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's because All Might's design works with totally black eyes and most others look soulless and alien with them

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it still looks bad and i would rather have an all might nendo

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

gmq posted:

mods!???

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They also gave him a mouth and other features. He has more detail; his head isn't just a rounded cylinder with perfectly round, black eyes, hair, and maybe freckles or something.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Roland Jones posted:

They also gave him a mouth and other features. He has more detail; his head isn't just a rounded cylinder with perfectly round, black eyes, hair, and maybe freckles or something.

For the record, this is why the Krillin figure works great as well.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

For the record, this is why the Krillin figure works great as well.
The Majin Buu one actually looks cute. What the gently caress. My life is a lie.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Deku and Bakugo vs All Might episode was really great but the ground texture looked super bad especially in all the aerial shots of them running, it looked super cheap. They also boofed one of the best panels pretty badly but that's to be expected because the level of detail isn't feasible in animation

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
while funko do suck, they suck because collectibles in general suck. for $10.99 they're not terrible trashcan garbage, i just don't get what people do with them. where do you put them? i hate having that kind of junk in my home.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

while funko do suck, they suck because collectibles in general suck. for $10.99 they're not terrible trashcan garbage, i just don't get what people do with them. where do you put them? i hate having that kind of junk in my home.

Really? You don't understand how someone can find an object aesthetically pleasing and want it around just to look at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

aesthetically pleasing

• Locked thread