Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Got to throw down like two hours last night: First impressions!

The new combo/special attack system is weird and I don't like it much. It doesn't ruin the game but I liked having the x5/x8 thing ripped right out of Batman, dangit :smith:
The plot seems real goofy, but I like it
Loving all the new orc variety, even killing generic losers is fun, and the world is lousy with captains to stumble across
I feel like I would have more of a problem with Shelob if she wasn't loving awesome hi losers! gimme the ring, thanks, gently caress off :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Pierson posted:

Aaaah alright, that sounds cool, cheers man. The game in general sounds good, time to check out this loot controversy.

Edit: Hoo boy.

Decent rundown on the loot box thing: https://kotaku.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-shadow-of-wars-controversia-1819293793

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Is the HD textures pack broken? It adds them to my library but doesn't download them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Both of them still don't work.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I found that link pretty quickly. I get the logic on why people are so pissed but since the game seems to throw currency and regular boxes at you normally, and there's in-game ways of getting the better stuff, I guess I'm fine with it in the end. I'm a Warframe/mobage player though so my brain came pre-broke.

But I imagine the issue has already been discussed to death so that's that. More stories about cool nemesis poo poo please!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Utnayan posted:

Not at all. The problem is the last half the game requires legendary orcs, something you have to either artificially grind for 40 hours for, or be forced to use the shop.

Or just lower the difficulty to Easy if you don't like the post-game "grind"? You can do that at any time.
Or just look up the cutscene on Youtube. I doubt it's more than that.

Some people that enjoyed Shadow of Mordor actually wanted a feature like that where the game gives you continuously escalating challenge after you beat the story.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Or just lower the difficulty to Easy if you don't like the post-game "grind"? You can do that at any time.
Or just look up the cutscene on Youtube. I doubt it's more than that.

Some people that enjoyed Shadow of Mordor actually wanted a feature like that where the game gives you continuously escalating challenge after you beat the story.

yeah having a trials mode of escalating challenges and defense battles is exactly what I wanted for a sequel. As usual Utnayan is a loving retard who got most of his info wrong. Also lol that anyone actually gives a gently caress about a "secret ending" when everyone and their mother in every review says the story is bad. If the story is bad then why even loving whinge on about a secret ending?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Aww man, one of the first captains I ran into was a singer with a goddamn axe-lute and I was too busy laughing to realize I shouldn't kill him so I could come back and recruit him later.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Sindai posted:

Aww man, one of the first captains I ran into was a singer with a goddamn axe-lute.
Sold. GOTY.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

yeah having a trials mode of escalating challenges and defense battles is exactly what I wanted for a sequel. As usual Utnayan is a loving retard who got most of his info wrong. Also lol that anyone actually gives a gently caress about a "secret ending" when everyone and their mother in every review says the story is bad. If the story is bad then why even loving whinge on about a secret ending?

It's pretty obvious that nobody who complains about the post-game "grind" actually cares about the true ending, they only use it as an excuse to bandwagon.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I poisoned a barrel of grog and this dude sneaks up behind me and starts yelling "What the hell are you doing? That's FOUR times the dose you need to poison someone. What a waste!"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

I poisoned a barrel of grog and this dude sneaks up behind me and starts yelling "What the hell are you doing? That's FOUR times the dose you need to poison someone. What a waste!"

Recruit that guy, he seems pretty level headed about his murder.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So how do you actually USE the orcs you get from the loot boxes? I got to Act 2 and did all the "quests" but all the unboxed orcs are sitting in the market and it says "Break down for armor"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

I was literally about to post this. GOTY

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

lol gently caress they really did improve literally everything from the first

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So the hd texture pack and 4k cut scenes cannot be downloaded right now?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Just got killed by Karkhorn the Moaner. He spent the entire fight shouting this screechy, warbling moan. I have to find and recruit him for sure.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

So how do you actually USE the orcs you get from the loot boxes? I got to Act 2 and did all the "quests" but all the unboxed orcs are sitting in the market and it says "Break down for armor"

I haven't gotten to Act 2 yet but if I remember correctly from the streams, you need to be in a region with an empty slot in the hierarchy, then you select that spot in the army screen and press a button (Right Stick Click, I think?) which lets you place that orc in there.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So the hd texture pack and 4k cut scenes cannot be downloaded right now?

HD Texture Pack(Steam link)
4K Cinematics Pack(Steam link)

then enable them as DLC through Steam to start downloading.

The cinematics alone are another 21 GB.

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Is there a way to adjust the FOV or pull the camera back a little? All of this great scenery and I'm stuck looking at Talion's rear end most of the time.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ganeen posted:

I've got this crazy bug where the audio and cutscenes are sped to like 400% speed. Anyone have this same problem and offer any solutions that aren't reinstalling a 70GB game?

So some folks in the audio community mentioned running into a weird bug with this game where they had to change their default speaker back to 48 hz instead of a higher value. If you have 192 hz etc selected maybe try 48 or 44.1.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Gondorian sergeant is the hero we all need.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

How does Nemesis Forge import of your nemesis/follower from SoM work in this? Do they just appear, or do you need to do some menu hopping?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gyoru posted:

HD Texture Pack(Steam link)
4K Cinematics Pack(Steam link)

then enable them as DLC through Steam to start downloading.

The cinematics alone are another 21 GB.

I'm new to PC gaming... Have downloaded them but they're not installed. Just get a spinning wheel on steam. There's no option to install. The game without them works fine.

Is there a way to see download progress for those two things?

Edit: rebooting the game gave me ultra textures. This game looks amazing.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 10, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

How does Nemesis Forge import of your nemesis/follower from SoM work in this? Do they just appear, or do you need to do some menu hopping?

No idea but I know that they are supposed to be integrated into the story so I doubt that you should have to do any menu hopping.
My guess is that you meet them sometime at the start of Act 2, once the tutorial ends and the real game begins.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Operant posted:

My jaw dropped when it happened. This game is head and shoulders above what was already a good game in SoM.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Operant posted:

Hell yeah!

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
The moment that square chinned motherfucker slid into frame and absolutely beasted the orc that was about to slay me I knew this game was good. The third time it happened I laughed out loud and knew this game would be great.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

My Mithril edition has just arrived and I am super excited! I've had this ordered since they first announced it and I'm really looking forward to play it.

I'm going to open this up and set the game to installing, unbox the rest, and then play for the rest of the evening. I haven't been this excited for a game in a very long time:woop:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Operant posted:

The moment that square chinned motherfucker slid into frame and absolutely beasted the orc that was about to slay me I knew this game was good. The third time it happened I laughed out loud and knew this game would be great.

I'm gonna put probably 20 hours into this game and then decide if it's possible to stream and/or edit videos of this game as if it were a pro wrestling PPV event.

OH MY GAWD IT'S GONDORIAN SERGEANT WITH A BIG SWORD OUTTA NOWHERE! THIS IS IT! THIS IS PURE FRIDAY NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT AT ITS FINEST!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I already got this nemesis. This dude called Black Blade. He's killed me twice with his big black blade. And he won't loving shut up about the thing. It's always black blade this and black blade that. I'm gonna take that black blade and shove it down his loving throat! Also, his men must hate him too because I heard a couple of grunts grumbling about the dude always going on about his black blade.

So far 10/11 - would black blade again.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I have this guy that I literally can't hit. He dodges everything

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Phi230 posted:

I have this guy that I literally can't hit. He dodges everything

For guys like that you have to exploit their fears. They'll drop their immunities for a time.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I haven't actually played yet, but I went through the options menu last night and the key binds need to be reworked just like in SoM. (Elven speed boost is mapped to 'Scroll Wheel up/3'??)

So here are my recommendations for remaps that aren't awful.
Grab/Interact: Left Ctrl -> F
Execution: F -> E
Stun/Drain: E -> Q
Throwing Knives: Q -> 1
Summon Mount: 1 -> 2
Summon Follower: 2 -> 3
Elven Swiftness 3 -> ??? Personal preference.
Left Ctrl would complete the circle, but isn't convent. I moved mine to N, but I would try Left Alt or G if either of those are available.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

ninjahedgehog posted:

[X] It's become painfully obvious that my GTX 760 isn't quite cutting it anymore. :smith:

Oh well, thank the Lord for Amazon Prime.

How so? I have the same card and it seems to be running fine. Most things are on medium, true, but it's not bad.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

loving hell, the part where you get to meet your SoM Nemesis that you made in the Nemesis Forge loving rules!

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Jack Trades posted:

loving hell, the part where you get to meet your SoM Nemesis that you made in the Nemesis Forge loving rules!

It was kind of a "Holy poo poo" moment for me, simply because it had been a couple years since I played the original and to see the rear end in a top hat come out to cheers of his name brought back SoM-PTSD because he must have killed me 4-5 times in the original.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Was running around doing sidequest poo poo in the tutorial area when I decided to cut down some Morgai Flies on my way. Apparently they killed a captain, but he came back and knew I was the one who had done that (I was sneaking around at the time) and told me how the flies were all his friends now. Then he ran away from the Caragor I was riding.

100/10 Game of the Forever.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

This might be a silly question...but do I need to do anything special to get my nemesis and follower into the new game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Devorum posted:

This might be a silly question...but do I need to do anything special to get my nemesis and follower into the new game?

Do the Nemesis Forge mode in Shadow of Mordor, then after making sure it picked the right dudes (you might need to kill or brand someone to clean it up and get your 'real' nemesis instead of the one the game picked) just save and quit. I think that's all there is to it.

• Locked thread