Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I used to think the same way until I met my in-laws, who have been divorced for decades but still get on really well and hang out on holidays and invite each other up to the cabin and stuff. Both are remarried, and their new spouses are friends with everyone too.

It turns out that there really do exist fantastically mature well-adjusted people who can recognize that something isn't working romantically but still manage to salvage a meaningful friendship. Reading this thread would make you think they're like unicorns or something but they're definitely out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

The comments on this one are actually p solid because a bunch of people have come out of the woodworks to say how normal it is to be besties with their ex as if that wouldn't get in the way of ever having a romantic relationship with someone else.

The OP is dumb for other reasons but that doesn't mean it's not sorta weird to still be intertwined to that extent with an ex, friends sure but several phonecalls a week/spending holidays together is a bit past that.

it's one thing to find it a little weird but they're actually mad about it. they specifically say they find the idea offensive. what in the heck? it's more than a little weird to be offended by something like that. :redflag: :redflag: :redflag:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

food court bailiff posted:

I used to think the same way until I met my in-laws, who have been divorced for decades but still get on really well and hang out on holidays and invite each other up to the cabin and stuff. Both are remarried, and their new spouses are friends with everyone too.

It turns out that there really do exist fantastically mature well-adjusted people who can recognize that something isn't working romantically but still manage to salvage a meaningful friendship. Reading this thread would make you think they're like unicorns or something but they're definitely out there.

Yeah, we make suggestions of severing at sexual incompatibility, or inability to live together for a variety of reasons. None of that would affect a friendship.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm not really up on airsofts or whatever kind of 'realistic looking BB Gun' she's referring to, but those can do some damage or at least ding you up pretty good if you're hit point-blank/close quarters with a pellet from it, yeah?

Even if it would only hurt as much as, say, a paintball gun hit, I can understand someone with a phobia of guns wanting her clearly abusive BF to lock it up, even if only for peace of mind. I'd imagine if she stuck around/got the dog it would only be a matter of time before he starts waving it around and taking potshots at her or the dog with BB pellets for minor misdeeds.

i mean it might break the skin but the gun case was because he wanted it, not because he was giving in to her demands

e: her wanting a dog was an excuse for him to blow a bunch of money on toys and then when he backtracked on the deal after he got what he wanted he threw a hissy fit and theatrically threw away his toys when she pointed out that it was lovely to backtrack on the dog for toy gun trade

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 10, 2017

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mirthless posted:

it's one thing to find it a little weird but they're actually mad about it. they specifically say they find the idea offensive. what in the heck? it's more than a little weird to be offended by something like that. :redflag: :redflag: :redflag:

my mum and dad literally just got back from a holiday with my dad's ex-wife

it's perfectly fine

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
they were all banging for the holiday

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Clark Nova posted:

And for women, the self-own is usually floating the idea and getting dumped immediately and completely for it. I like the story where OP foisted that on her ~perfect fiancé~ who then packed up and left mid-conversation, blocked her everywhere, and told all their mutual friends, some of whom came around to collect his stuff.

can someone repost this story, it's excellent

also, Pete was mentioned earlier and i'm reposting it because it's a beautiful self own

quote:

Me [25 F] with my boyfriend [30 M] of 6 months - we broke up after I booked tickets to go on a trip with an ex from ancient history, who is more of a best-friend.Relationships

Did I screw up? So, I (f/25) have been seeing my boyfriend, Pete (m/30) for 6 months and its been wonderful. I really thought I'd found "the one" with him, but after last night I feel my world has collapsed and am not sure I've made the right decisions or if I was right. My heart feels like its been pulled out of my chest and I can't sleep. I'd never felt like this about anyone before. My good friend, who we'll call Dave, was my boyfriend from the age of 18 to 21, after which we broke up because we wanted different things in life. We stayed good friends though because we had a great friendship and had been through so much together. He lives in a different country at the moment but we still talk semi-regularly online and in Whatsapp. Pete knew that Dave was a friend of mine but didn't know he was an ex until about 2 weeks ago, when Dave asked me to visit him in Amsterdam while he's on a work trip (I live in the UK, he lives in Italy). I had already agreed and booked a ticket before I told Pete - they were on sale for a ridiculously low price on the dates that he would be there, so I jumped at the opportunity. Pete seemed cool with it at first but after a few days asked me if there was any history between us. I was honest and told him there was. He didn't seem too bothered and eventually asked if I thought visiting an ex in another country was appropriate whilst in a relationship. I explained to him how Dave and my relationship wasn't like that and that we were strictly platonic. He didn't seem to really react, he just gave me a look that was...sarcastic, I suppose, would be the best way to describe it. I then told him that I wouldn't be controlled and hated men that thought they owned me and could tell me what to do. I told him I was free to see who I wanted and that I found his lack of trust in me upsetting, disrespectful and, perhaps, a sign of future abusiveness. I now realise that this may have been a bad thing to say. Again, he didn't really react so I thought that was the end of it. Then, last night, he came around to my flat and broke up with me! I asked him why and tried to get him to explain himself and he told me that my going away was to see "another man" a deal-breaker, that he'd been in this type of situation before and wasn't going to go through it again. I asked him if this was an ultimatum - I hate ultimatums, they are tools of abusers - and he said "No, its not an ultimatum. I've decided to break up with you. I have not presented you with any options. I just came to say goodbye." Before I could say or do anything more, he kissed me on the forehead, said goodbye and walked away. He didn't seem angry, just...sad. I tried to call him after, but he just texted me some bullshit about how this was for the best and that he wished me no ill will and hopes I'll be happy. He turned his phone off after whilst I bombarded him with texts and voicemails. To make matters worse, I told Dave about what happened and he replied "Oh well, guess that means we can have even more fun then! ;o)" He didn't care about my relationship and my pain - he just wanted a hookup buddy and someone to get stoned with whilst he was in Amsterdam. Now I've lost someone I love and my best friend - who I was only interested in as friends - has a different motive to me for meeting up. I feel like I've lost my partner and I've lost a best friend at the same time. I tried calling Pete today, about an hour ago, and he actually answered! He told me that I should look to be with someone who wasn't so abusive. He said, "Please stop calling me - this is over. Have a nice trip to Amsterdam" Then he BLOCKED me! How could he do that to someone he loves? Is he over reacting or was I? What should I do now? Was I wrong?

tl;dr: Booked tickets to visit best friend. Got dumped because he was an ex. Did I just dodge a huge bullet...or did he? EDIT: OK I KNOW I hosed UP. What should I do?

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 10, 2017

The_end
May 17, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

also, Pete was mentioned earlier and i'm reposting it because it's a beautiful self own

This is a story that warms my heart every time i read it.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

Me [29 M] with my wife [28 F] married 4 months, together 3 years, she has become increasingly irrational

Me [29 M] with my wife [28 F] married 4 months, together 3 years, she has become increasingly irrational while dealing with alcoholism about us living in my parents' home with no timeline for moving out.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Demon Of The Fall posted:

they were all banging for the holiday

probably my dad's ex's husband is a fine looking older man

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Thumbtacks posted:

I think of this whenever someone uses the phrase "self-own" :allears: It's a work of art

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Thumbtacks posted:

This is the best story ever posted here as far as I'm concerned. It's just so beautiful because she flies off the handle at him when he raises legit concerns around that trip, acknowledges that she flew off the handle...and then just immediately does it again when he breaks up with her.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

This is the best story ever posted here as far as I'm concerned. It's just so beautiful because she flies off the handle at him when he raises legit concerns around that trip, acknowledges that she flew off the handle...and then just immediately does it again when he breaks up with her.

i like the part where Dave completely validates Pete's apprehension with the trip

we had a guy come into the thread at the time and scream at us for all being huge misogynists because it's totally sexist to assume two people with compatible sexual chemistry who will be constantly drunk and high in the party capital of the world might gently caress

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I think a lot of people don't understand how normal it is for a lot of in-loving in a social circle or that people can gently caress and then act normal after cause they can keep sex adjacent to their relationships but not make it the defining factor. Blame religion, disney, or plain stupidity. Some people have sex and suddenly the terms of things have to change because it was sex and it has to, duh.

So when a couple breaks up & stops the sex then everything else must have to go with it since that line has been crossed. or if you hook up with someone well we crossed That Line so now this is a Real Relationship with Rules. Even if it's not a romantic relationship (gently caress buddies). This is partly why poly people infuriate me as they can get over the first part but then double down on the second with their 100 page guide of bullshit terms and rules. Mono folks well mono folks is why we have a thread, don't feel like I gotta explain that one.

This might be a more American thing so someone who isn't in a repressed idiot country can confirm it's just our dumbasses. Also I wouldn't assume that's the how I don't get divorce poster is filtering all this through but I'd put my money on it. I know I'm seeing all this through my bias too.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

My favorite part of the Pete story is the very end.

quote:

EDIT: OK I KNOW I hosed UP. What should I do?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i'm torn because i can't decide if her biggest mistake was blowing up at him (twice), not telling pete she had been talking to dave for a while (or who he was), or planning a trip and buying tickets before she even told pete she was gonna go meet a guy that she dated for THREE YEARS that pete's never heard of

it's beautiful

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

LethalGeek posted:

I think a lot of people don't understand how normal it is for a lot of in-loving in a social circle or that people can gently caress and then act normal after cause they can keep sex adjacent to their relationships but not make it the defining factor. Blame religion, disney, or plain stupidity. Some people have sex and suddenly the terms of things have to change because it was sex and it has to, duh.

So when a couple breaks up & stops the sex then everything else must have to go with it since that line has been crossed. or if you hook up with someone well we crossed That Line so now this is a Real Relationship with Rules. Even if it's not a romantic relationship (gently caress buddies). This is partly why poly people infuriate me as they can get over the first part but then double down on the second with their 100 page guide of bullshit terms and rules. Mono folks well mono folks is why we have a thread, don't feel like I gotta explain that one.

This might be a more American thing so someone who isn't in a repressed idiot country can confirm it's just our dumbasses. Also I wouldn't assume that's the how I don't get divorce poster is filtering all this through but I'd put my money on it. I know I'm seeing all this through my bias too.

in high school/college I had sex with multiple women in my friend circle(s) and it never was an issue, one girl and I were FWB when we were both single, never actually discussed it but we'd be single, get drunk and bang.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Thumbtacks posted:

i'm torn because i can't decide if her biggest mistake was blowing up at him (twice), not telling pete she had been talking to dave for a while (or who he was), or planning a trip and buying tickets before she even told pete she was gonna go meet a guy that she dated for THREE YEARS that pete's never heard of

it's beautiful

I think it was her immediately qualifying the trip by saying any objections he might have would be abuse

I get the feeling this whole thing could have been salvaged up until that exact point

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Mirthless posted:

the one in the E/N anonymous confessions thread is my favorite open relationships story:

can you believe this bitch? she was just a nice lesbian! can you believe it??? ugh, women, am I right fellas? :rolleyes:

Every loving time lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Thumbtacks posted:

I tried calling Pete today, about an hour ago, and he actually answered! He told me that I should look to be with someone who wasn't so abusive. He said, "Please stop calling me - this is over. Have a nice trip to Amsterdam" Then he BLOCKED me! How could he do that to someone he loves? Is he over reacting or was I? What should I do now? Was I wrong?

I've never seen this part before?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Nah, that's always been there. That parting zinger is the cherry on top.

I [24F] told my husband [27M] that he feels more like a best friend than a husband.

quote:

My husband and I have been together for almost 6 years, married for almost 1. A few months before we got married, I started to notice that I didn't feel as attracted to him as I used to. I brushed it off thinking it was just pre wedding jitters. These feelings had started to become stronger as the months went on and I finally gathered up the courage to tell him last week.

Just so you know, my husband is an incredible man. I absolutely love and adore him. Everyone he meets loves him and he does absolutely everything in his power to make me happy. Things like rubbing my feet if he knows I've had a long day, buys me flowers, tries to plan cute dates and so much more. There is nothing he wouldn't do for me. He's an amazing husband and person.

So I finally told him that I didn't feel an attraction to him anymore and that he feels more like a best friend than my husband. I also brought up the fact that I'm afraid I'm missing out on things like dating and being on my own since we found each other so young. (We moved in together a year into our relationship and then moved to a different state about 3 years in because of his job. I've also never been single or lived on my own.) Of course he is devastated by this news because he is 100% attracted to me and knows he wants to be with me and I hit him with all of this completely out of the blue. He had no idea all of this was going on in my head and that I was so unhappy. The same day I told him all of this, I decided to leave and go stay with my parents for a week to clear my mind and be around family and friends that could help me with this situation. I knew if I stayed home with him, I wouldn't be able to think straight and I would only be thinking about him and his feelings. I also don't have very many friends to talk to that aren't his friends as well.

Everyone pretty much told me the same thing. That I need to figure it out for myself and that I need to do what will make me happy. I'm happy with him and I love spending time with him but I'm having such a hard time with the attraction issue. I also think about what life would be like without him. Part of me is okay with the thought of being without him and the other half feels devastated. I know I would figure it out if we split up and he said he would help take care of me if that's what I decided but I'm scared I'm not going to find anyone else like him. I'm afraid I'm going to regret leaving him and that I missed out on such an amazing man. But on the other side, I'm afraid I'm going to resent him if I stay with him because I never got to experience the single life and I know that's not fair to him. I'm not leaning any which way but it's exhausting to think about all of the time. When I got home from visiting my parents, I told him I wanted to try and work things out. But as time goes on and the more I think about it, I don't know if I want to. I don't want to get his hopes up and then crush him all over again. I honestly don't know what to do and I'm completely stuck. Do I continue to try and work things out knowing it might not work or do I just cut things off now so we can both move on? I know no one can tell me exactly what to do but I'm hoping someone can help lead me to my decision.

TL;DR Told my husband I'm not attracted to him anymore and that he feels more like a best friend. Decided to try and work things out but I'm still not sure if I'm making the right decision.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I [24F] told my husband [27M] that he feels more like a best friend than a husband.

Shaking the magic 8-ball:

Have you thought of an open relationship?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the fun thing about life is that often there is no correct decision and it's all about learning to deal with the consequences of whatever decision you make. so just think about which pile of regrets you can more easily handle, "i threw away a loving relationship for nothing" vs. "i'll never know if mr. right is out there somewhere"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

If I torpedo my relationship, it will irreparably ruin my life. But if I don't torpedo my relationship, I will resent my husband for not letting me experience what a post-torpedo ruined life is like. What a conundrum!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

at least they don't have kids yet

...right? :ohdear:

Captain Ironblood
Nov 9, 2009
I'm so happy that Pete stood up for himself, definitely a /r/relationships success story. The man saw the writing on the wall for what it was and dealt with it swiftly.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Straight White Shark posted:

In the general case, sure, but the whole thing is basically textbook abuse pattern. He wasn't throwing the gun out because he was frustrated, he was throwing it out to punish her.

-You want something? OK, you can have a limited version of your thing, with restrictions
-Also, I get to have my own thing in return, which is specifically a phobia trigger for you
-Also, even though I already got my thing and you did all the footwork to satisfy my demands, you don't get your thing and never will
-If you object to me going back on our deal to get everything I want without giving you anything, it's your fault and you deserve to feel bad

Lol and WTF is with the restriction that the dog be black. I get there could be some reason for a male dog (though I am not sure what that would be) under 30 pounds I get, but why specify the color?

Most concerning is the threatening to really hurt her though. Like WTF most abusers are at lease subtle enough not to actually state that they will hurt someone.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Me [29 M] with my wife [28 F] married 4 months, together 3 years, she has become increasingly irrational while dealing with alcoholism about us living in my parents' home with no timeline for moving out.

That thread only has three comments, but leave it up to someone on reddit

quote:

[–]CheddarWax 1 point 1 day ago

Stop giving her the benefit of the doubt here. She knows exactly what she's doing. She's a drunk, she'd rather stay at her parents house and drink there than work on your issues, so she's coming up with a million reasons this isn't her fault and making you jump through hoops to fix the problems.

Get a lawyer.

Welp, there you have it. Clearly she is just drinking in secret rather than, oh, I dunno, dealing with the whole getting sober thing, and possibly realizing they're co-dependant enablers and realizing she needs to sort her own poo poo out?

That couple sounds like they were in a relationship based on getting high/drinking and take part of that equation out (coupled with living at his parents' house), she's probably seriously re-evaluating things.

Plus, dealing with alcoholism is hard, especially once a person has taken a long, hard look at themselves and finally, finally made that decision.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

i hate all of these people

Me [33 F] with my SO [28 M] 3 years. Had a threesome with friend [29 F] to promote openness, last night he asked her to have sex without me.

u/c0zie posted:

He and I have been friends for 10 years and have been in a committed relationship for 3. She and I have been friends for 5 years. We have had 3 successful threesomes together. Recently we had an emergency moving situation so my SO and I are temporarily staying in said friend's place until its squared away.

Last night he asked her to have sex because I fell asleep early and he was in the mood. She rejected the proposal because she is a great friend and didn't know where I stood on them doin it without me.

I have mentioned to him before that the idea of him having sex with her turns me on but I never thought he'd actively seek that out without me. Did I make a huge mistake by opening that door at all plus the threesome door or did he make a huge mistake by seeking solo sex with my friend? I did feel the sting of betrayal but it wasnt strong enough to flip the crazy switch.

A little background to the threesome events, I believe that monogamy is an unrealistic notion in a generation raised on porn and the three of have discussed that in many a conversation. I believe that approaching sexuality with an open mind will be essential to maintaining a happy committed relationship between two people these days.

He and I are carnivorous gamers and have been friends forever and she is a vegan hipster (he finds her lifestyle insufferable). She and I have a Key and Peele level friendship. He and I are like Marshall and Lily (HIMYM) except I'm the Marshall. She visibly exasperates him in conversation so I don't worry that they're going to run off together. We all communicate often and are honest.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Werong Bustope posted:

Me [33 F] with my SO [28 M] 3 years. Had a threesome with friend [29 F] to promote openness, last night he asked her to have sex without me.

Here's a description of my relationship using examples from How I Met Y...what do you mean it was over before it began?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Werong Bustope posted:

lol

Her SO is definitely the person who hosed up here but good god lady maybe he thought the boundaries of your relationship were different than they are based on your stated viewpoints?

Also wow you are way way too old to be framing everything in pop culture references like this, grow up

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
My girlfriend [22/F] is threatening to break up with me [22/M] over Star Wars.

quote:

Last night was the debut of the new trailer for Star Wars Episode 8 and I wanted to watch Monday Night Football so that I could see it live. I'm not a big football fan at all, but my girlfriend is and she actually got excited that I wanted to watch a game with her. After the trailer was done showing, I told my girlfriend that it was the only reason I bothered watching the game and then I went to a different room.

After a few minutes, my girlfriend came in our room and she was PISSED. She basically said that guys my age (22 years old) shouldn't like Star Wars and that I need to grow up and stop being childish. I told her that I've been a Star Wars fan all my life and that I'm not going to stop just because she wants me to. She then said that if I don't put childish things behind me and start acting more responsibly, she was going to move out of our apartment and break up with me.

I can understand her wanting to be with a guy who's responsible, mature, and has priorities as an adult, but here's the thing: I work a full time job, I split all of the bills with her, and I've always done everything in my power to just be there for her and be a good boyfriend. We've been dating for one year and nine months and it's been a good relationship so far, but now I guess she's willing to end it all just because I like Star Wars.

What should I do?

────────

tl;dr: Girlfriend threatens to break up over Star Wars.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Propaganda Hour posted:

Lol what a dickhead.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

That thread only has three comments, but leave it up to someone on reddit

Welp, there you have it. Clearly she is just drinking in secret rather than, oh, I dunno, dealing with the whole getting sober thing, and possibly realizing they're co-dependant enablers and realizing she needs to sort her own poo poo out?

That couple sounds like they were in a relationship based on getting high/drinking and take part of that equation out (coupled with living at his parents' house), she's probably seriously re-evaluating things.

Plus, dealing with alcoholism is hard, especially once a person has taken a long, hard look at themselves and finally, finally made that decision.

Yeah I expected Reddit to help this guy double down hard given that his vice is weed and the main problem seems to be them living in his parents' house.

they are predictable if nothing else

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Propaganda Hour posted:

No , doofus, she threatened to break p with you because she thought you were agreeing to do an activity with her that she WANTS to do with you, but instead you bailed on her as soon as you had your nerd fix. She thought it was couple time, you had other ideas, and she was hurt.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Propaganda Hour posted:

She's completely right except she missed that the problem isn't Star Wars but his entire being.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Mirthless posted:

he might have said no to the dog because of landlord/rent issues, sometimes you get strict no pets policies or it costs like $600 in deposits

but, uh, holy poo poo what a loving baby, definitely get out. that's crazy.

This is a little bit back, but they'd agreed to the dog in exchange for him getting the BB gun. After he got the gun he said no dog.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Propaganda Hour posted:

Getting your girlfriend excited that you actually want to do something with her then ditching her halfway through is lovely. Insulting your partner's interests is also lovely. In conclusion, these two fucks deserve each other.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i dont like star wars or football but lol that asserting your partner's media preferences are childish and they should appreciate your media preferences like a grown up

dude needs to one up her by forcing her to watch obscure french films, then dump her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

therobit posted:

No , doofus, she threatened to break p with you because she thought you were agreeing to do an activity with her that she WANTS to do with you, but instead you bailed on her as soon as you had your nerd fix. She thought it was couple time, you had other ideas, and she was hurt.

on the other hand she communicated precisely none of that to him and did go out of her way to tell him the things he liked sucked and he needs to give them up forever (and this is the trailer for the new star wars film, which is like... super mainstream and hardly an indication of unbearable neckbearddom)

they're both bad at communication and thinking about their partner- which is to say they're both 22