Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

according to lena d, she "evolved" once the nyt story broke:

here's a nyt piece on how even now few in h'wood will speak against the creep: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/business/media/harvey-weinstein-harassment-hollywood.html

Convenient how her evolution happened to coincide with the moment it became an untenable decision not to do so

so brave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
why is it ok that these actors kept silent while weinstein continued to predate upon women? aren't they enablers?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

call to action posted:

why is it ok that these actors kept silent while weinstein continued to predate upon women? aren't they enablers?

Absolutely. Matt Damon, Russell Crowe, and probably more were actively involved in covering it up.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
what cover-up. everyone knew, it wasn't a secret

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
They helped prevent the media from reporting on it.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/damon-crowe-reportedly-helped-kill-nyt-weinstein-article.html

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

call to action posted:

Yes. Hollywood has been a nest of sexual predators since the beginning. The "casting couch" will never go away, and neither will all the hollywood insiders who are "shocked" about the next "revelation." And most importantly, no one except the next scapegoat will be held accountable for any of it.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

got any sevens posted:

tipping is bad tho. it's means-testing customer service to rely on charity

On the other hand, nobody is gonna pay me $30+/hr to pour drinks, so I respectfully submit that tipping is good (for me)!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yes. Hollywood has been a nest of sexual predators since the beginning. The "casting couch" will never go away, and neither will all the hollywood insiders who are "shocked" about the next "revelation." And most importantly, no one except the next scapegoat will be held accountable for any of it.

You're not wrong, but is 'scapegoat' really the word you want to use here?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
btw this is why everyone that voted trump didn't give a gently caress about pussygrabgate, because lib hollywood goes much, much further than grabbing pussies and libs don't give a gently caress

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Willa Rogers posted:

according to lena d, she "evolved" once the nyt story broke:

here's a nyt piece on how even now few in h'wood will speak against the creep: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/business/media/harvey-weinstein-harassment-hollywood.html

I can see how Lena Dunham looked up to the Empress of the OverDark, Dreadnought Tyrant "Hilldawg" Abuela.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

call to action posted:

btw this is why everyone that voted trump didn't give a gently caress about pussygrabgate, because lib hollywood goes much, much further than grabbing pussies and libs don't give a gently caress

Let's be real, the only thing that was wrong about Pizzagate was that it doesn't happen at Comet Ping Pong Pizza, and that the entire Republican establishment is there too.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
any nj peeps watching the debate :regd09:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Scent of Worf posted:

any nj peeps watching the debate :regd09:

no theres a debate? i mean i know who im voting for anyway so lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
putting a gun to my head as i press the button for wall street murphman

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ha, amazing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

anime was right posted:

:smithicide:

debate's airing on abc rn

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, i'm thinking it's really possible to win a federal election without having to accept a single dollar from that shithole of a town.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i'm expecting libs will boycott every actor who enabled this rapist to rape more women. i really hope i'm not wrong here.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

anime was right posted:

i mean i know who im voting for anyway so lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

anime was right posted:

rip wisniewski couldn't even get second

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

call to action posted:

i'm expecting libs will boycott every actor who enabled this rapist to rape more women. i really hope i'm not wrong here.

Donald Trump is also a rapist

I expect you are extremely outraged

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zQpN28xa4

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Wisniewski was MIA for a long time

pretty much no one i knew had heard of him until he had already lost lol. only leftists online seemed to know who he was

phil murphy's campaign was also massive. he outspent everyone else (including KG) by a huge margin

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Scent of Worf posted:

Wisniewski was MIA for a long time

pretty much no one i knew had heard of him until he had already lost lol. only leftists online seemed to know who he was

phil murphy's campaign was also massive. he outspent everyone else (including KG) by a huge margin

Johnson!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/edprogress/status/917750179536801792

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/917907258411028480

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Lol Dems always a mess

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

My HoT Takeaway, Obama is disgusted "by the reporting" not the acts because he knew.

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 01:52 on Oct 11, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gently caress off obama

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Over Easy posted:

My HoT Takeaway, Obama is disgusted "by the reporting" not the acts because he knew.

i don't think obama would have sent his teenage daughter to intern for weinstein if he knew imo

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Concerned Citizen posted:

i don't think obama would have sent his teenage daughter to intern for weinstein if he knew imo

lol what Obama was your president

but gently caress obama, here's the new Daou-tness

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:thunk:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Full Communism Now imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

put this on my gravestone

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Scent of Worf posted:

destroy hollywood, Wall Street, and Silicon Valley tbh

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

not sure whats more hosed up

that obama knew about harvey weinstein and did nothing

that obama sent his teenage daughter to intern for harvey weinstein when he knew

or that obama is betraying his good friend harvey weinstein now and pretending like he never knew

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

not sure whats more hosed up

that obama knew about harvey weinstein and did nothing

that obama sent his teenage daughter to intern for harvey weinstein when he knew

or that obama is betraying his good friend harvey weinstein now and pretending like he never knew

Bernie never took campaign contributions from a casting couch using billionaire Hollywood creep.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

etalian posted:

BERNIE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

etalian posted:

Bernie never took campaign contributions from a casting couch using billionaire Hollywood creep.

This has got me thinking.

Thinking that Bernie would have won.

You know, didn't even know back then that Clinton was being bankrolled by all this rich pervert money but I p much did know that.

• Locked thread