Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I watched Con Air in an outdoor theater over the summer and it was extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Vegetable posted:

I watched Con Air in an outdoor theater over the summer and it was extremely good

It's a solid movie but that loving soundtrack...ugh.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yaws posted:

It's a solid movie but that loving soundtrack...ugh.

That soundtrack is hilarious and I will brook no criticism of it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm fairly certain this is what happened with the English dub of Samurai Pizza Cats as well, but maybe the original Japanese was just that loving wacky?

See exactly what I posted above, they didn't have scripts and had to improvise.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

basic hitler posted:

the 90s nic cage action movie quality order is face/off > con air > wild at heart > the rock.

I love how apparently Travolta and Cage improvised a ton of crazy poo poo in Face/Off.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

CelticPredator posted:

And this forum adores the D.C. Movies.

Everyone's weird as gently caress with movies. I just think they're really funny, and if I disagree with them, so what. I'll live.

I was late to the game, but this.

RLM loving owns. :wtc: is wrong with y'all? Have some fun.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

no it doesn't! i'm right!

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I haven't watched a ton of RLM, but using a Rich Evans clip as proof of racism is kind of weak since I'm pretty sure the whole point of having Rich on the show is because he is this dumbass they can ply with alcohol to embarrass himself repeatedly all while he has only the barest inkling that perhaps he is actually the butt of all the jokes. My citation is the entire "Undefeatable" episode which is probably one of the funnier things those guys have made.

EDIT: If they all had British accents you wouldn't be able to distinguish him from Karl Pilkington.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Disney's Jack and the Beanstalk film Gigantic has been shelved. I've only heard vague things about this one so no clue how far along it got in development

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-shelves-jack-beanstalk-film-gigantic-1047482

Stallone is directing Creed 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaDFp75jjfL/?hl=en&taken-by=officialslystallone

Hasbro is trying to set up a movie studio again, now called Allspark Pictures

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/hasbro-taps-greg-mooradian-to-oversee-newly-launched-allspark-pictures-exclusive-1202586233/

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Zebra posted:

...all while he has only the barest inkling that perhaps he is actually the butt of all the jokes.

No, he seems pretty aware of it. He's gotten more and more visibly depressed about his lot as time has gone on.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
"He can be plied with alcohol until he makes a fool of himself (by saying something Racist)' is not a terribly convincing argument against him being racist.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Also I'm pretty sure Rich Evans doesn't drink alcohol.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah he is just a gamer stereotype

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
This is why there is no longer a RLM thread in CD. :psyduck:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

EDIT: If they all had British accents you wouldn't be able to distinguish him from Karl Pilkington.

The Jurassic Park sequels really got depressing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Super Fan posted:

I dunno man, you type like you're concussed so I assumed your breadth of film knowledge was a bit limited. My apologies.
wow you definitely don't come off as a pretentious prick here at all
still better than rich evans though

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

We Know Catheters posted:

This is why there is no longer a RLM thread in CD. :psyduck:

Also, Mister Bibs.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Punkin Spunkin posted:

still better than rich evans though

I wish

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Snowman_McK posted:

"He can be plied with alcohol until he makes a fool of himself (by saying something Racist)' is not a terribly convincing argument against him being racist.

in vino veritas, bitches!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i wonder what kind of horrible excess actors would need to do if they have to portray steve bannon

LesterGroans posted:

They'd have to be dead for a couple weeks in order to accurately recreate his ghoulish, skin-sloughing appearance

so Philip Seymour Hoffman is doubly perfect, then

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BarronsArtGallery posted:

I was late to the game, but this.

RLM loving owns. :wtc: is wrong with y'all? Have some fun.

STFU about RLM and their poo poo rear end content guys. Thats not what this thread is about jesus.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RLM owns. And that is the end of that, and now we can move on successfully.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I like how no one actually bothers responding to the whole specific you know, sayin black kids don't need toys that look like them take it from us old white nerds...just like "DO YA EVEN WATCH RLM???" "RLM JUST OWNS LOL!!!!", "HEY THEY LIKED THIS MOVIE WITH BLACK PEOPLE IN IT DUDE!!!"
gosh I wonder why...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmm

anyway to throw something more on topic in here I guess. now that they're getting Joker man for Hugh Hefner I guess they gotta get his comic book lady in as one of his wives. guess audiences just can't get enough Jared +Magot? Beats me

quote:

Just a week after it was announced that RatPac Entertainment's Hugh Hefner Biopic will star Jared Leto as Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, another report claims the actor may be joined by a very familiar partner in crime. The method actor's Suicide Squad co-star Margot Robbie is considering an offer to play one of Hugh Hefner's wives in the movie, although it isn't clear which wife she'll play. Ironically, the actress turned down an offer from the real Hugh Hefner to appear in his Playboy Magazine, but this offer is one she's actually considering. Here's what an unidentified source had to say about Margot Robbie taking on the role.

"Margot turned the offer down before but this is different. She's considering it. Jared is working on the movie with his buddy Brett and they're really pushing for Margot to have a major role. She's perfect for a part and he's not going to give up until she accepts."
Unfortunately, this report doesn't reveal which of Hugh Hefner's three wives Margot Robbie would ultimately play in this biopic. He married Mildred Williams in 1949, at the age of 23, whom he had two children with, Christie Hefner and David Paul Hefner. They divorced in 1959, six years after the first issue of Playboy Magazine was published, and he didn't marry again for 40 more years, when in 1989, at the age of 63, he married the 1989 Playmate Of the Year, Kimberly Conrad, who he had two more children with, Cooper Hefner and Marston Hefner. They divorced in 1998, with Hefner marrying his final wife, Crystal Harris, another Playmate, in 2012. They remained married until Hugh Hefner passed away at the age of 91 last month.

This project has been in various stages of development for years, with writer Diablo Cody once attached to write the script, way back in 2009. Director David Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) was attached to direct back in 2013, from a script by Peter Morgan, with Robert Downey Jr. once being sought to play Hefner, whom David Dobkin directed in the 2014 drama The Judge. It isn't ultimately clear if Peter Morgan's script is still being used, or if another writer has been brought in for a new draft.

After both Jared Leto and Margot Robbie played the supervillain couple Joker and Harley Quinn in last year's Suicide Squad, there has been talk that both stars could be teaming up on a few different projects. Aside from Suicide Squad 2, which is now happening with director Jaume Collet-Serra, Warner Bros. is also developing Joker Vs. Harley Quinn, which Margot Robbie described last month as a love story that is, "kind of romantic in a messed up way."
I support more DC movies with VERSUS in their names

disney shut down some movie I didn't know they were doing. guess it was some jack and the beanstalk poo poo.
also Sly's doing Creed 2 but I guess that was always gonna be a given.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 11, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mike was wrong about that, or didn't phrase his point well enough, and explained more in detail in another video. I think it was Rogue One but I forgot.

I think even most people called him out on that.

God forbid someone says something wrong!!!!!!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Mike was wrong about that, or didn't phrase his point well enough, and explained more in detail in another video. I think it was Rogue One but I forgot.

uh huh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeh huh

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Can mods rename this the RLM thread if people wont shut the gently caress up about it.

We can start another thread for Greenlighting.

Also Im bummed about Coogler not directing Creed 2 but at least Michael B Jordan is sticking around.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CelticPredator posted:

That uh didn't happen.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Shut up about Red Letter Media!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDL4ouPmMmc

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CharlestheHammer posted:

That uh didn't happen.

Maybe. Maybe not. I could be mixing up my references here. I swore it was in one thing they did. Maybe a throw away comment in a review or BOTW

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
If you are so loving insistent on talking to each other about this maybe go to PM's? Its obvious that everyone else hates it.

ON Topic - Who keeps giving McG directing roles? But this actually looks kinda fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qibY77AWlUc

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Dear god please don't let my 4-year-old see this is coming. I almost didn't survive watching the first one.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bows1 posted:

Can mods rename this the RLM thread if people wont shut the gently caress up about it.

It's appropriate considering the GBS RLM thread spends more time bitching about CineD than actually discussing RLM.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

It's appropriate considering the GBS RLM thread spends more time bitching about CineD than actually discussing RLM.

They should move that thread to BBV that way people actually post there.

Are all these movies just super cheap to make? They just crank out animal flicks.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Funny how baby y'all are about the topic considering how often we get some multipage derail about the intricacies of the Star Wars/terminator/Star Trek/Godzilla/comic book movie universes that I could give less than a flying gently caress about
Figures, though.

Here's something wholesome we can all agree on at least

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Funny how baby y'all are about the topic considering how often we get some multipage derail about the intricacies of the Star Wars/terminator/Star Trek/Godzilla/comic book movie universes that I could give less than a flying gently caress about
Figures, though.

At least those things are actual movies and not just nerds talking about the validity of other nerds tallking about movies and whether or not they are racist and/or make up for it in other terrible videos.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Here's something wholesome we can all agree on at least

And yes this is fantastic. The dancing scene makes me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXYk3HBrqZE

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bows1 posted:

If you are so loving insistent on talking to each other about this maybe go to PM's? Its obvious that everyone else hates it.

ON Topic - Who keeps giving McG directing roles? But this actually looks kinda fun

That looks pretty clever

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bows1 posted:

I keep confusing McG with Bret Ratner, but I'm not actually sure there is a difference.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

marshmallow creep posted:

Also, Mister Bibs.

I already liked Mr. Bibs, now I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

What's the name for the look these films have? It's like, super pristine and totally artifical looking but not CGI-heavy.

• Locked thread