Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

HenryEx posted:

So, is this a very recent or a very old Genki Sudo's World Order gif

I get more of a Charisma.com vibe from it.

https://i.imgur.com/zsw30Vl.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1_8zHnvudc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Gonna see a Star War!
https://i.imgur.com/9TlDt0M.gifv

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Alright, lotta frog talk going around in this thread, frog info dump time:
  • This is indeed an African bullfrog, aka pixie frog. It is not a toad. It is somewhat similar to a Pacman frog/horned frog in being basically a big mouth on legs, but not especially closely related.
  • Frogs do have teeth, but only on their top jaw. There is one single species of frog that does have teeth on both jaws, and some frogs have evolved basically bone-spurs on their bottom jaws in place of teeth, including the African bullfrog. Would you like to know more?
  • That scorpion and centipede it's eating probably aren't especially venomous, usually the big ones aren't because they can just overpower their prey rather than needing a strong venom. They look to be an emperor scorpion and some kind of Scolopendra species, which are often kept as pets by weirdos. I also wouldn't be surprised if the frog has evolved some amount of resistance to various venoms since those kinds of things are its normal prey items, even though those particular species probably aren't.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://giant.gfycat.com/AggravatingSpiritedAustralianshelduck.webm

Canned Panda has a new favorite as of 17:43 on Oct 10, 2017

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Knormal posted:

Alright, lotta frog talk going around in this thread, frog info dump time:
  • This is indeed an African bullfrog, aka pixie frog. It is not a toad. It is somewhat similar to a Pacman frog/horned frog in being basically a big mouth on legs, but not especially closely related.
  • Frogs do have teeth, but only on their top jaw. There is one single species of frog that does have teeth on both jaws, and some frogs have evolved basically bone-spurs on their bottom jaws in place of teeth, including the African bullfrog. Would you like to know more?
  • That scorpion and centipede it's eating probably aren't especially venomous, usually the big ones aren't because they can just overpower their prey rather than needing a strong venom. They look to be an emperor scorpion and some kind of Scolopendra species, which are often kept as pets by weirdos. I also wouldn't be surprised if the frog has evolved some amount of resistance to various venoms since those kinds of things are its normal prey items, even though those particular species probably aren't.

Death Frog talk is cool talk, but creepy as gently caress. I still don't understand how it's insides can be strong enough, resistance to venom or not, to withstand the bites and stings INSIDE. You know it's getting some for at least a couple seconds while the scorpion or whatever is still alive. This leads to a series of what-if's. What would happen if you dipped the scorpion in super hot hot sauce? I don't know why I'm assuming it couldn't cope with that just fine after watching the gif, but still. TEST IT'S FORTITUDE.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

BMS posted:

Death Frog talk is cool talk, but creepy as gently caress. I still don't understand how it's insides can be strong enough, resistance to venom or not, to withstand the bites and stings INSIDE. You know it's getting some for at least a couple seconds while the scorpion or whatever is still alive. This leads to a series of what-if's. What would happen if you dipped the scorpion in super hot hot sauce? I don't know why I'm assuming it couldn't cope with that just fine after watching the gif, but still. TEST IT'S FORTITUDE.

That only works if it's a Trinidad scorpion.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

BMS posted:

my guess would be that there's not enough space inside the frog for the stinger to do much more than scrape along whatever mucous membranes or whatever are inside a frogs digestive system. it'd be like trying to throw a punch while your body was wrapped in elastic or something

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

BMS posted:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

BMS posted:

You joke, but the American Bullfrog has been known to literally eat until it's stomach ruptures. Usually with other, slightly smaller bullfrogs.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also frogs are basically the same texture on both sides. the frog itself probably cant even tell if it gets stung inside or out

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

frogs are pretty great :allears:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

BMS posted:

Venom doesn't actually do much of anything if it's not injected, as it doesn't have a way to penetrate to the blood by itself

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"Not all frog/spider/snake/scorpion owners are weird"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BMS posted:

Hot sauce wouldn't be much of a problem as capsaicin is an anti-mammal defense chemical. Reptiles, birds, and so on are far less affected by it than we are, as capsaicin is the concentrated hatred of the plant world for uppity mammals who would steal their precious fruits :eng101:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mr. Fowl posted:

Hot sauce wouldn't be much of a problem as capsaicin is an anti-mammal defense chemical. Reptiles, birds, and so on are far less affected by it than we are, as capsaicin is the concentrated hatred of the plant world for uppity mammals who would steal their precious fruits :eng101:

Jokes on you stupid plant, some of us love that stuff. :owned:

Please enjoy these pepper related gifs

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/sfUKcWj.gifv

Pandas: One of the few species to endanger itself.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao giant fat idiots just want to climb poo poo but nature made them too roly poly

but enough about DISNEYLAND!!!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
[quote="“Say Nothing”" post="“477093905”"]

[/quote]

"Deploying hair missile"

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

uwaeve posted:

"Deploying hair missile"

"Vaginal Missile"

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

uwaeve posted:

"Deploying hair missile"

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

https://giant.gfycat.com/ZanySlowBarnacle.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/SmoggyAromaticAfricanparadiseflycatcher.webm

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/xBnFHMO.gifv

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.
opening a ford is too easy

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

is there a story behind this one?

e: welp this was disappointing

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/3b3aov/here_is_the_actual_video_for_thats_what_happens/

Lutha Mahtin has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Oct 12, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wait, are you telling us that a guy didn't park in a handicapped spot, and that a group of forward thinking citizens didn't spontaneously decide to spend 6 hours carefully affixing post-its to his car?!?

A lie, on the internet?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One time on a whim some guys at work and I filled a car that was left in the parking lot overnight with three giant boxes of packing peanuts. It filled up almost the entire front seats.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
We filled a coworker's cubicle up with 600 balloons while he was on vacation, 10 of which had glitter in them. He popped about 30 of them before finding the first glitter one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's amazingly mean. I can't wait to do it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's amazingly mean. I can't wait to do it.

Seeing a dude in his late 40's pick up every balloon, experimentally shake it, and then grimace and turn his head away before popping it was... maybe more than we bargained for.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

eberbs posted:

opening a ford is too easy

Hell, opening any modern-day car is pretty easy. All you have to do is whack it around the bumper with a hammer wrapped in a towel. That'll open it easy.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
https://i.imgur.com/McWtaxM.gifv

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

I've been told I have a haunted ween.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

dumb. posted:

I've been told I have a haunted ween.

Is that better or worse than a hunted ween?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Is that better or worse than a hunted ween?

Probably better, but still worse than a vaunted ween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/ag2Gg8u.gifv