Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

So if Raubahn is The Bull, is Pipin The Calf?

He is the Pantene potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Remember. MAPS TONIGHT.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I am loving the literal open revolt on Square's hands in response to housing. Sounds like they're finally going to relent too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

I am loving the literal open revolt on Square's hands in response to housing. Sounds like they're finally going to relent too.

Why do you see that? I haven't seen anything about S-E issuing any statement.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Some hooligan posted an image instead of direct linking the forum post so here ya go. It may just be a "well we looked it and well gently caress you" precursor.

https://i.imgur.com/SR3eEBU.png

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fact that they went live without adding wards knowing full well that all the wards would sell out in no time and people would be mad as gently caress would suggest to me that fixing it is a much bigger and costly effort than people seem to imagine it would be and that it's going to take time and money they could use making something actually good for the game, like dungeons, trials, glamour, increasing my inventory by more and more often.

if they'd have given me another 20 slots inventory in 4.1 and shirogane in 4.2, it'd be happy as a pig in poo poo. I don't give a poo poo about housing other than the fact they give it too much time at Q+As

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fact that they went live without adding wards knowing full well that all the wards would sell out in no time and people would be mad as gently caress would suggest to me that fixing it is a much bigger and costly effort than people seem to imagine it would be and that it's going to take time and money they could use making something actually good for the game, like dungeons, trials, glamour, increasing my inventory by more and more often.

if they'd have given me another 20 slots inventory in 4.1 and shirogane in 4.2, it'd be happy as a pig in poo poo. I don't give a poo poo about housing other than the fact they give it too much time at Q+As

Dude. Housing is like glamours for your background.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The system should work so that as soon as a ward/subdivision is 100% full, a new ward/subdivision is immediately opened. Do it on a per location basis. That way you can have your 50 Shirogane districts, 30 Mists districts, 15 Goblet districts, and 3 Lavender beds districts.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Mordiceius posted:

Remember. MAPS TONIGHT.

What time are you doing your maps? I'll be on, but probably not until kinda late (9:30 central) and the servers are going down at midnight for...something?

Also re: housing, the response people are quoting is from the French boards, so it's probably not even going to merit a smartass YoshiP quote, just a generic "we're looking into it, please look forward to it." from Square-Enix PR.

do they sell any housing items on the cash shop? you'd think they'd be looking to monetize it if anything.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It seems like it's hard as gently caress for them to add houses so they probably won't. If anything comes from this I could see it being dropping the hammer on people who buy up more than one lot though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waci posted:

Dude. Housing is like glamours for your background.

Except all options (except smooching maois) are ugly, a lot of it is low poly and large enough that the crappy textures this game has are noticeable as heck and you only ever look at it if you want to AFK.

I can see them going hard on housing in 5.0 and just dealing with the poo poo for SB. This is more like a storm of poo poo PR S-E's going to have to ride out because people are going to get fed up, bored and unsub and then forget about it eventually.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 11, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

What time are you doing your maps? I'll be on, but probably not until kinda late (9:30 central) and the servers are going down at midnight for...something?

Also re: housing, the response people are quoting is from the French boards, so it's probably not even going to merit a smartass YoshiP quote, just a generic "we're looking into it, please look forward to it." from Square-Enix PR.

do they sell any housing items on the cash shop? you'd think they'd be looking to monetize it if anything.

I'll be home from class around 5:30 pacific time, then I'll be taking a brief nap, and then running maps. So likely around 6:30 or so.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

When you say maps, what are you talking about?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

When you say maps, what are you talking about?
Treasure hunts, gatherers sometimes find treasure maps and resell them on the MB, you open the map up and it tells you what zone the treasure and gives you a tiny zoomed in view of the area, you find where that is and dig it up, fight off a bunch of monsters, and occasionally get to go on a fun looting spree through a treasure vault. Its just good group content + you sometimes make a lot of money.

If you want to do it you have to do a quest in eastern la noscea to learn how to decipher maps/dig, and then buy some Timeworn Gazelleskin Maps off the MB, those are the current high end level 70 ones.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yesterday from our Lost/Hidden Canals runs, the people with the worst luck made out with about 500k-1m of loot and the most lucky people got upwards of 20m worth of loot.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mordiceius posted:

Yesterday from our Lost/Hidden Canals runs, the people with the worst luck made out with about 500k-1m of loot and the most lucky people got upwards of 20m worth of loot.

are you running it again tonight?!?!?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If I stack a bunch of "if accompanying X exp earned by squad members is increased X%" does that apply to me in command missions? Cause I see the ones where you get mgp and crafting scripts and stuff do.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

HIDDEN CANALS TRIP REPORT

Yesterday, we took a group of eight on an adventure. We initially were having pretty bad luck in Lost Canals. Generally making it between rooms 3-5 but not getting any loot.

Finally, we did a room 7 run. We got Timeworn Thief Maps in Rooms 6 & 7. (We later got another one in another room 6 run).

All of our Hidden Canal maps were in the Ruby Sea. Not the zone at large, the actual sea. Underwater. Thus, we get an instant portal in.

LOOT IS PLENTIFUL. For the most part, the enemies you fight are the same, but there are new features only present in the Hidden Canals.

1 - There are THREE doors. Because gently caress you.
2 - The Canal Company. (Can't remember their actual name). This a group of 5 mandragora that spawn at any point during a combat. We had them often spawn toward the end, but they can spawn any time once you open the chest. They have numbers 1-5 on their head. Kill them in order to get a good prize (usually a mega rare flowerpot themed after one of them).
3 - DOUBLE OR NOTHING - You'll sometimes open a chest and get double or nothing chances. When you commit, you play High/Low. It'll display a card valued 1-9. You pick whether the next card will be higher or lower. You can repeat this up to 4 more times for a total of 5. Every time the loot gets better, with extra rewards if you make it to 5. Fail one, and lose everything in the chest. It also taunts you by showing you what is currently in the chest and what your rewards would be for playing.
4 - Major loot drops in every room. Rooms 1-3 seems like it's mostly just Lost Canals loot, but occasionally other stuff. 4-6 has the good poo poo. Super rare orchestrion rolls and the Matanga pet.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Hey where do I find good discussion about supernerd crafting? I basically copy what they decide but I can't find anything about the new 4.1 crafted gear and how one goes about making them High Quality.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rascyc posted:

Some hooligan posted an image instead of direct linking the forum post so here ya go. It may just be a "well we looked it and well gently caress you" precursor.

https://i.imgur.com/SR3eEBU.png

I don't understand people who browse with maximized browsers. It's so much easier to read a narrow column, virtually all websites are designed and optimized for narrow columns, and it opens up screen space for other programs.

And that's before you even get into how much of a pain in the rear end it is to screenshot a 1920px wide post instead of 800px.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Remember. MAPS TONIGHT.

what fc are you in/what is your game name

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5216513/

I also have the map linkshell "Monty Hall Problem" so you can let me know in game if you want an invite to that as well.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

If I stack a bunch of "if accompanying X exp earned by squad members is increased X%" does that apply to me in command missions? Cause I see the ones where you get mgp and crafting scripts and stuff do.

It'll most likely just apply to the EXP reward the squadron members get at the end of the run. But now I wanna know if someone can confirm/deny your question.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
Managed to snag a medium in weebland, so this is the reason I've not finished the MSQ or done Rabanastre yet.

I recreated my hot tub with deck, but this time I also have a secret coffin

and a casting couch :v:

It's right next to the FC house... or would be if it was in the same ward :negative: 2-8, Omega goons.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Mordiceius posted:

Remember. MAPS TONIGHT.

I haven't checked personally but I assume maps and uznair can't be done through cross server PF?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ActionZero posted:

I haven't checked personally but I assume maps and uznair can't be done through cross server PF?

Pretty sure the last group I was in was cross server

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

e:

creatine fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 12, 2017

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Bolow posted:

Pretty sure the last group I was in was cross server

How does that work when you all need to be in the same zone for the map to trigger?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ActionZero posted:

Correct. Excalibur only.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mordiceius posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5216513/

I also have the map linkshell "Monty Hall Problem" so you can let me know in game if you want an invite to that as well.

ign?

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

M.c.P posted:

Hey where do I find good discussion about supernerd crafting? I basically copy what they decide but I can't find anything about the new 4.1 crafted gear and how one goes about making them High Quality.
I don't know of any good discussion going on. I'm working on my own rotation, but as it stands it's 90 steps long and not very well tuned. I'm 1 for 3 for HQing all NQ ingredients, but there's more randomness that I like in the Maker's Mark opener (I need 6 Tricks to not have to adjust later, which I had no trouble getting in my limited attempts, but still more than I like). The progress step in the middle is a mess and sometimes I end up with durability left over.

But for anyone that wants to see the madness that goes into it:

Maker's Mark - Comfort Zone - Inner Quiet - Steady Hand II - Piece by Piece x3 - Prudent Touch x2 - Manipulation II
(Based on Rath's, but it seemed like a waste to use Steady Hand II on Flawless Synthesis, so I moved some Prudent Touches in her. It also gets some cp spending out of the way so I can hit as many Tricks as I can get because each Flawless is pretty expendable. Swapping a Prudent for a Patient on a good works well, but requires being careful later because I'm down 5 durability then.)

Then spam Flawless Synthesis until Maker's Mark runs out, except take a Tricks of the Trade on any Good/Excellent, and refresh Comfort Zone whenever it runs out. With luck, I end up with near full cp, near full progress, full durability, and 3 Inner Quiet stacks. But oh so tedious.)

Steady Hand II - Prudent Touch x5 - Comfort Zone - Manipulation II - Steady Hand II - Prudent Touch x5 - Steady Hand II - Prudent Touch
(Nothing clever here because I haven't really worked on this part. Does get me to 11 Inner Quiet plus 3 more Touches.)

Great Strides - Innovation - Ingenuity II - Byregot's Blessing - Careful Synthesis II until finished
(Has always left me with Durability left over, but I have trouble fitting more synthesis in because there's no space unless I refresh for Byregot's Blessing, which takes cp. I need to look into figuring out a system for replacing Prudent with Hasty II or Patient I think.)

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

click the link

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A neat bit of background for the third Rabanastre raid boss: There was an unused Sagittarius Lucavi in Tactics named Rofocale (after Lucifuge Rofocale from the Grand Grimoire, of course); the name also went to an undead Time Mage in the Yuguewood battle. You can actually translate all of the zodiac names, despite only seven appearing corporeally in game. The missing six (after Rofocale) are Duma for Taurus (the one Argath is in possession of in this raid), Zebbeb for Cancer, Sel for Libra, Cheraub for Aquarius, and Leviathan for Pisces. I wouldn't be surprised if the future raids draw from the remaining set.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Just ran Ifrit EX with people in PF. I keep telling them how to do mechanics, almost everyone still dies anyway because they don't listen. I try to Verraise the Healer, but he doesn't accept it, so I rez everyone without him. Finally everyone is listening to me about the mechanics and Ifrit dies. He drops a mount.

The Healer that stayed dead the whole fight gets it by doing loving nothing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Just ran Ifrit EX with people in PF. I keep telling them how to do mechanics, almost everyone still dies anyway because they don't listen. I try to Verraise the Healer, but he doesn't accept it, so I rez everyone without him. Finally everyone is listening to me about the mechanics and Ifrit dies. He drops a mount.

The Healer that stayed dead the whole fight gets it by doing loving nothing.
Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbaki_Tc5s

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel complete now.

Hogama posted:

A neat bit of background for the third Rabanastre raid boss: There was an unused Sagittarius Lucavi in Tactics named Rofocale (after Lucifuge Rofocale from the Grand Grimoire, of course); the name also went to an undead Time Mage in the Yuguewood battle. You can actually translate all of the zodiac names, despite only seven appearing corporeally in game. The missing six (after Rofocale) are Duma for Taurus (the one Argath is in possession of in this raid), Zebbeb for Cancer, Sel for Libra, Cheraub for Aquarius, and Leviathan for Pisces. I wouldn't be surprised if the future raids draw from the remaining set.

That's actually super cool. The emphasis on the book made me feel like next go around was going to be influenced by Tactics Advanced.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 12, 2017

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

AngusPodgorny posted:

I don't know of any good discussion going on. I'm working on my own rotation, but as it stands it's 90 steps long and not very well tuned. I'm 1 for 3 for HQing all NQ ingredients, but there's more randomness that I like in the Maker's Mark opener (I need 6 Tricks to not have to adjust later, which I had no trouble getting in my limited attempts, but still more than I like). The progress step in the middle is a mess and sometimes I end up with durability left over.

But for anyone that wants to see the madness that goes into it:

Maker's Mark - Comfort Zone - Inner Quiet - Steady Hand II - Piece by Piece x3 - Prudent Touch x2 - Manipulation II
(Based on Rath's, but it seemed like a waste to use Steady Hand II on Flawless Synthesis, so I moved some Prudent Touches in her. It also gets some cp spending out of the way so I can hit as many Tricks as I can get because each Flawless is pretty expendable. Swapping a Prudent for a Patient on a good works well, but requires being careful later because I'm down 5 durability then.)

Then spam Flawless Synthesis until Maker's Mark runs out, except take a Tricks of the Trade on any Good/Excellent, and refresh Comfort Zone whenever it runs out. With luck, I end up with near full cp, near full progress, full durability, and 3 Inner Quiet stacks. But oh so tedious.)

Steady Hand II - Prudent Touch x5 - Comfort Zone - Manipulation II - Steady Hand II - Prudent Touch x5 - Steady Hand II - Prudent Touch
(Nothing clever here because I haven't really worked on this part. Does get me to 11 Inner Quiet plus 3 more Touches.)

Great Strides - Innovation - Ingenuity II - Byregot's Blessing - Careful Synthesis II until finished
(Has always left me with Durability left over, but I have trouble fitting more synthesis in because there's no space unless I refresh for Byregot's Blessing, which takes cp. I need to look into figuring out a system for replacing Prudent with Hasty II or Patient I think.)
What are your stats? Looks like I can do almost that well with bare minimum stats required to start the craft and 470 CP just from messing around with a Muscle Memory/Hasty Touch based rotation. I liked this method already in 3.x (macroable so much less of a chance to screw it up) rather than something Rath-like and Manipulation 2/Patient Touch/Hasty Touch 2 all make it seem even more appealing. If you have more CP or stats to play with it should be easy to get a much better HQ chance.

["muscleMemory","comfortZone","innerQuiet","manipulation2","steadyHand2","pieceByPiece","patientTouch","hastyTouch","hastyTouch","ha styTouch","steadyHand2","hastyTouch","hastyTouch","hastyTouch","hastyTouch","comfortZone","mastersMend2","steadyHand2","hastyTouch", "greatStrides","ingenuity2","carefulSynthesis2","byregotsBlessing","carefulSynthesis3","carefulSynthesis3","carefulSynthesis3","care fulSynthesis2"] is the import string for http://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/simulator if you want to mess around. Can probably be optimized further even with these stats - I'm on mobile where editing is painful so all I did was make sure I could fit in 2 Comfort Zones and still have CP for Byregot's Blessing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

My good friend gave me Boreas after 35 runs to make me feel better, though. Thanks, Ysayle. :unsmith:

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Welp, I went in blind for Rabanastre and I ate the floor so many times. But god drat was it frustrating 'cause I don't know how many times I'd get raised and then immediately die from a raid-wide AOE 'cause I didn't have enough HP to live through it. Ugh, I guess I just suck at this game. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I got hosed over by Hashmal so bad that I'm pretty sure he owes me dinner. It happens. Especially with newer content. :)