Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
from the thread "When you write a reasonable comment on an anti-incel sub and you are waiting for the hateful downvoting to start"

quote:

As hateful as incels are we are among the most open minded community here on reddit. Isn't that an irony on an epic level.

quote:

They downvote every loving poo poo that isn't completely sjw-super-pro-feminist talk. They even downvote each other like crazy when someone doesn't have "but muh wymin" opinion. And apparently, every one of them has either a super ugly guy with a glass eye and a wooden leg who slays bitches like crazy or an aspie friend who gets more pussy than anyone else.

Wamdoodle posted:

Maybe that dude should just try it? At least he's not completely rejecting this emotional change.

yeah, I mean, it sounds like they're approaching things from about as healthy a standpoint as can really be expected from those guys tbh. hopefully they're making some progress there and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hate it when I ask someone about their sibling and they aren't honest about if they're bangable or not

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Guys, a classmate of mine plans to travel to japan this easter. I haven't told him that I don't think that that is a good idea. He openly admits to liking anime, he brought it up in his introductory greeting to me and the girl next to him. He seems to think japanese culture is much more polite and sophisticated than whatever the hell I'm using to speak to him even though he has never been there.

I hope he comes back safe and sound. Im worried about him.

Yep, he's going on his own. He's enough of an outcast as it is. Curly red hair, already receding, talks and writes about his poor muscle tone in his cirriculum vitae. A good metaphor for how much he would stick out in a crowd will likely be his nose in a few months from now. What was once milky white will be rosy red and he gonna stick out in japan like a redheads sunburnt nose.

What are the odds of a tourist like him getting laid?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So zero that not only does he not get laid, he inspires an entire generation of would-be fuckers to only gently caress other Japanese people for the rest of their lives.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Valko posted:

Guys, a classmate of mine plans to travel to japan this easter. I haven't told him that I don't think that that is a good idea. He openly admits to liking anime, he brought it up in his introductory greeting to me and the girl next to him. He seems to think japanese culture is much more polite and sophisticated than whatever the hell I'm using to speak to him even though he has never been there.

Yep, he's going on his own. He's enough of an outcast as it is. Curly red hair, already receding, talks and writes about his poor muscle tone in his cirriculum vitae. A good metaphor for how much he would stick out in a crowd will likely be his nose in a few months from now. What was once milky white will be rosy red and he gonna stick out in japan like a redheads sunburnt nose.

I have a morbid curiosity to read that CV.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

noether posted:

Why normies want Incels to shower...

I think it's national coming out day or some bullshit, so here's an incel that probably should

Does the lack of pussy creates desire towards dicks ?

Lmfao with the attraction starting at 14 even tho hes phrased the question as if hes a 32 year old sex starved virgin

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Valko posted:

Liking anime in Japan at any age beyond childhood/teenage will have people actually running away from you. Manga you might get away with, but never anime.

If he has any worries about validation then stay the hell away from Japanese culture. I've known people who were outwardly confident and normal end up paranoid and nervous in Japan because of the whole tatemae thing where people being nice to you means nothing.

For christ's sake don't let him hit on anyone in a maid cafe.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Valko posted:

Is this a serious question?

Like, none probably, if he's already failing here. Unless he's paying for it. And even then, only maybe? Japan isn't some magical fairlyland where losers can go to get laid. They barely even want to gently caress each other any more.

Also, seconding wanna read that CV

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody gets laid in Japan. The Japanese are too polite to have sex.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Valko posted:

Is he going by himself? I traveled to Japan but did it as part of a study abroad program so I had a little island of refuge in my dorm to return to if culture shock or just wanting to speak a language I understood ever got to me.

Going to a foreign country by yourself has got to be tough, good luck to him.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

In what context could your poor muscle tone possibly show up on a CV

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Awards and Accolades:

- Skinniest Man in East Africa 2013

- Most Likely to Spook People in a Graveyard

- Attended medical school for three years because I got stuck on an anatomical display and no one noticed

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Having a big honking nose has been the japanese stereotype of a white dude since the post war era, too.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

hackbunny posted:

what are your feelings on abortion?

I think it should be available pretty much on demand upto a certain point so that women don't have to prove they were raped in order to get one.

But overall, I think we should work towards reducing the number of abortions. Better sex education and availability of contraception, plus women should have robust financial support. Parenthood, particularly motherhood deserves to be respected as a job just as much as any "man's" job.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

hyphz posted:

If he has any worries about validation then stay the hell away from Japanese culture. I've known people who were outwardly confident and normal end up paranoid and nervous in Japan because of the whole tatemae thing where people being nice to you means nothing.
I never thought about it but this explains a lot, both about why social outcasts would be drawn to a fantasy of Japanese culture and why the reality will end up breaking them over its knee with a polite smile.

quote:

Aside from the fact that it's shameful as hell, what about a maid cafe is going to make this even worse than a normal waitress/barista?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

mind the walrus posted:

I never thought about it but this explains a lot, both about why social outcasts would be drawn to a fantasy of Japanese culture and why the reality will end up breaking them over its knee with a polite smile.

Aside from the fact that it's shameful as hell, what about a maid cafe is going to make this even worse than a normal waitress/barista?

Aren't the maids supposed to flirt really hard with the patrons? Whereas the waitress/barista will at least force a smile or small talk. I'm sure getting more than a little attention would go straight to the poor sap's head.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

fruit on the bottom posted:

I was in the train going home when I overheard a conversation between two stacies sitting a few seats away. One girl came to know that the other had a brother because she mentioned him in the conversation. The VERY FIRST question she asked her about him was literally ' is he attractive? '. The girl then flat out said ' no '. The second question and third question were his age and education ( to indirectly know if he's making a lot of money obviously, she already knew he wasn't attractive but she wanted to know if he could be beta cuck material ).

What the gently caress man. This bothered me a lot. Let's analyse this situation.

1) If a guy would ever ask me if my sister was attractive, I would literally tell him that I can't answer that for him since we all have different tastes. The fact that the girl immediately said no and the other girl didn't ask more about his physical features confirms that all girls like the same men.

My friend doesn't like a guy = I don't like the guy as well. That's how women think, well "think" , more like copy the thoughts of others.

So you say you're an incel. But do you want to stay that way indefinitely? If so, there are some handy common techniques even the most idiotic bastard can employ with success.

The main difficulty is getting yourself to step out of the bedroom/basement and into a public place. Don't worry. You'll never have to talk to someone.

Just sit within a couple of yards of some femoids and wait for the magic to happen. Sooner or later, one of them will say something that you can use to confirm your own rancid beliefs. What's that you say? Confirmation bias? Confirmation bias is your friend!

Maximize your bias by applying anything you overhear to the femoid population as a whole. If the femoids you encounter don't say anything that offends you, shop around by eavesdropping on multiple groups until you hear something that sets you off.

With confirmation bias on your side, you'll remain discouraged forever and avoid the temptation to make improvements in your life. Be sure to spread the misery to your fellow incels, too! Now, that's the LDAR spirit!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He will believe the maid worker is genuine and spend thousands of dollars he doesnt have like an idiot.

Japan is not a good place for sex tourism, especially if you cant even get laid in America, a place where more than half the population still fucks.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Remember: when they start yelling "iiya!!" like in your animes, that's a bad thing

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

If that's a serious post I'll request more info, and I can give better advice (lived in Japan 10 years). How far down the otaku rabbithole is he? Is the goal simply "get laid" or what? How good is he at lying?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If he was good at lying, he wouldn't be an incel

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

tbf nowhere in the post does poster use the word incel. It even mentions the friend introducing himself to a stacey, granted talking about anime. But still not threatening to kill her sister.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

He should go to the Kirby cafe. Everyone likes Kirby, and apparently if you're alone they'll bring a waddle dee to sit across from you.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

apparently if you're alone they'll bring a waddle dee to sit across from you.

i will not allow nintendo to bully me, not anymore

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

hyphz posted:

Liking anime in Japan at any age beyond childhood/teenage will have people actually running away from you. Manga you might get away with, but never anime.

lmao tons of adults here like manga and anime like are you just straight making poo poo up?

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

54 40 or gently caress posted:

How ugly/extraordinarily creepy are these guys that people are visibly disturbed by their mere presence?

Most of them look just like everyone else, apart from their dead eyes. Apparently, the rest of them look like people from India.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Hobologist posted:

Most of them look just like everyone else, apart from their dead eyes. Apparently, the rest of them look like people from India.

Women love dead eyes actually hth

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
no man is an incel

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Oh yeah? Then what have I been pretending to be for 168 pages?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

no man is an incel

But Pick, a supermodel does not desire to gently caress me

Please correct this injustice

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oh yeah? Then what have I been pretending to be for 168 pages?

he is more like a penisula

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hobologist posted:

This post is going to sound a little racist, but we have been focusing on the white, American incels, and I think incel-ness can really take a hold in the hearts and minds of certain members of the Indian community.

Imagine you are a smelly useless loser without a good job or any sort of skills, but because you are the first born son you have been doted on by your mother who literally worships the ground you walk on and has told you all your life how ace and awesome you are. You still live at home, (why not? mum still does the cooking and cleaning and washing up etc.), but at some stage all this parental devotion turns into worry, and the worry turns into nagging. "When are you going to get married?" style nagging. But because you are a shut in loser, you have never, and don't know how to meet girls, let alone date.
Don't worry, because your family is super traditional, they will set you up with acceptable, appropriate women, (based on how well her parents like your parents, and how fair her skin is, what part of India the family is from, etc.), so you can both sit and have an awkward conversation in the company of yoru expectant parents.
Now, the way that arranged marriage works these days, (at least among the educated classes), is that either the potential bride or potential groom can say no for any reason and it is officially OK. Of course there is the nagging etc. but once you say no, your mum can't make you marry anyone you don't like. So smelly loser gets set up with some reasonably attractive, nice, and intelligent women who are forced to meet with him out of the same sense of famillial guilt. But these girls have, if not much then some, agency, so after polite chitchat with the parents, they go away and say "no thanks, I don't want to marry this guy" for whatever reason.
After several of these rejections, and with his doting mother constantly telling him it is not his fault, for he is a perfect golden god, this smelly useless entitled loser starts to believe that women are all bitches who only want rich/handsome supermen, and are too dumb/shallow to appreciate all his good qualities. gently caress them, why aren't they all lining up to be with me? Why can't I get the pure, virginal, super beautiful, demure, maid/cook, wife that I have been promised by my super repressive culture?
Then you go on the internet, and find the incel community reinforcing all your bad ideas about femoids and how shallow/stupid/slutty they are. You watch popular culture/TV etc. and take away the idea that only the idealized version of white beauty is desirable, and so start hating all your minor and perceived racial/genetic flaws. All the while retreating from the outside world, and hating/fearing what is out there.

To mitigate a little of the racism/stereotyping of the previous paragraphs, I will say that I am half Indian myself so I have seen family members and family friends go through the Arranged Marriage dance, and my cousin actually got married through that process. Her and her husband seem happy, and live in Florida with their two kids. Also, I don't know any incels, or anyone made incel this way. I am just imagining how this process can further break the already broken.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Laopooh posted:

lmao tons of adults here like manga and anime like are you just straight making poo poo up?

iirc, anime is understood to be mostly for high schoolers overseas. someone who's still into it as an adult would come off as kind of a weirdo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

he is more like a penisula

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
What blows my mind about the anti-incel people (and what I admire about the people that post here).

The people here outright own their flaws and have formed a community online over it. A non-exhaustive list of the things I've seen are:

-I'm short

-I'm ugly

-I am too stupid to function

-I'm broke

-I'm [unwanted ethnicity]

-I'm autistic

-I'm some combination of some if not all of the above

Despite this, the bullies in other subs come here to keep picking on the posters here because they are pathetic as well and need an easy target. In addition, they can't loving handle the truth (re: the ironclad Tinder experiments) and instead of taking some time for some good, healthy introspection, they instead decide to shoot the messenger.

Just loving pathetic. Think I'll go take 12 showers tonight. It's bound to work at some point, right?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

/r/Incels: The Ironclad Tinder Experiments

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What blows my mind about the anti-incel people (and what I admire about the people that post here).

The people here outright own their flaws and have formed a community online over it. A non-exhaustive list of the things I've seen are:

-I'm short

-I'm ugly

-I am too stupid to function

-I'm broke

-I'm [unwanted ethnicity]

-I'm autistic

-I'm some combination of some if not all of the above

Despite this, the bullies in other subs come here to keep picking on the posters here because they are pathetic as well and need an easy target. In addition, they can't loving handle the truth (re: the ironclad Tinder experiments) and instead of taking some time for some good, healthy introspection, they instead decide to shoot the messenger.

Just loving pathetic. Think I'll go take 12 showers tonight. It's bound to work at some point, right?

:irony: feels woefully inadequate here.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

BrigadierSensible posted:

This post is going to sound a little racist, but we have been focusing on the white, American incels, and I think incel-ness can really take a hold in the hearts and minds of certain members of the Indian community.

Imagine you are a smelly useless loser without a good job or any sort of skills, but because you are the first born son you have been doted on by your mother who literally worships the ground you walk on and has told you all your life how ace and awesome you are. You still live at home, (why not? mum still does the cooking and cleaning and washing up etc.), but at some stage all this parental devotion turns into worry, and the worry turns into nagging. "When are you going to get married?" style nagging. But because you are a shut in loser, you have never, and don't know how to meet girls, let alone date.
Don't worry, because your family is super traditional, they will set you up with acceptable, appropriate women, (based on how well her parents like your parents, and how fair her skin is, what part of India the family is from, etc.), so you can both sit and have an awkward conversation in the company of yoru expectant parents.
Now, the way that arranged marriage works these days, (at least among the educated classes), is that either the potential bride or potential groom can say no for any reason and it is officially OK. Of course there is the nagging etc. but once you say no, your mum can't make you marry anyone you don't like. So smelly loser gets set up with some reasonably attractive, nice, and intelligent women who are forced to meet with him out of the same sense of famillial guilt. But these girls have, if not much then some, agency, so after polite chitchat with the parents, they go away and say "no thanks, I don't want to marry this guy" for whatever reason.
After several of these rejections, and with his doting mother constantly telling him it is not his fault, for he is a perfect golden god, this smelly useless entitled loser starts to believe that women are all bitches who only want rich/handsome supermen, and are too dumb/shallow to appreciate all his good qualities. gently caress them, why aren't they all lining up to be with me? Why can't I get the pure, virginal, super beautiful, demure, maid/cook, wife that I have been promised by my super repressive culture?
Then you go on the internet, and find the incel community reinforcing all your bad ideas about femoids and how shallow/stupid/slutty they are. You watch popular culture/TV etc. and take away the idea that only the idealized version of white beauty is desirable, and so start hating all your minor and perceived racial/genetic flaws. All the while retreating from the outside world, and hating/fearing what is out there.

To mitigate a little of the racism/stereotyping of the previous paragraphs, I will say that I am half Indian myself so I have seen family members and family friends go through the Arranged Marriage dance, and my cousin actually got married through that process. Her and her husband seem happy, and live in Florida with their two kids. Also, I don't know any incels, or anyone made incel this way. I am just imagining how this process can further break the already broken.
Yeah but to be fair the arranged marriage thing would serve as literally a set way to meet women, although they'd still have to work on coming off well. People in r/incels don't even want to work on coming off well, and part of that is depression messing up their executive function and part of that is not knowing HOW to grow as a person, but a lot of it is also entitlement.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

hosed up if you have any flaws whatsoever and women don't constantly ask you out, begging for your Chad dick

I also enjoy the "People in a place where you base your selection entirely off of physical attraction select for physically attractive people? MISANDRY" along with the retarded concept that 80% of women wanna gently caress, what, 10% of guys, and those guys alone? I don't think that could possibly work on a mathematical level for the continuation of the species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

A community where people own their flaws, such as:
-ugly
-not white

• Locked thread