Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Why be afraid of me? I'm a beautiful, smart woman inviting someone to become a better man. :)

Well, I-I didn't mean… I mean th-that's not what

..Uh, wow. Anime. That's a thing that there is. Definitely. Whole lotta um...Y'know. Wheelies. For dogs.

Winston Churchill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This isn't the first "my girlfriend acts like a cat" story and I don't get why those women are into simulated cat sex. They probably don't know how it works, because basically a male cat shreds a girl cat's vag with their barbed penis and that's why they bite the girl's neck: to keep them from running away.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

cumshitter posted:

This isn't the first "my girlfriend acts like a cat" story and I don't get why those women are into simulated cat sex. They probably don't know how it works, because basically a male cat shreds a girl cat's vag with their barbed penis and that's why they bite the girl's neck: to keep them from running away.

At least she's not trying to be a sexy duck.

I [19 F] am constantly interested in guys that aren't available, and once they are I'm no longer interested

quote:

I am struggling because I am always interested in people that aren't available (e.g. teachers, people in power). Recently I was interested in a bartender [23 M] at my school, with the assumption that it would be against the rules for us to date. I've since found out that this isn't the case, and I helped him close and he gave me a ride to the dorms. Nothing happened, but now that I know that it is possible, I'm less interested. This has happened to me many times. Has anyone had a similar experience? How did you deal with it?

tldr: I [19 F] was interested in a bartender at school [23 M] when I thought he was off bounds. But now that he's interested and I know it's allowed, I'm less interested.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [19 F] am constantly interested in guys that aren't available, and once they are I'm no longer interested

Either stop being 19 or start writing letters to guys doing life behind bars

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Well, I-I didn't mean… I mean th-that's not what

..Uh, wow. Anime. That's a thing that there is. Definitely. Whole lotta um...Y'know. Wheelies. For dogs.

Winston Churchill.

I believe in you. I know you can live up to your potential. People were right about you, you can be great, if you try. :)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

Why be afraid of me? I'm a beautiful, smart woman inviting someone to become a better man. :)
Realtalk I wouldn't want to date a person if I wasn't a better person with them, but I also wouldn't want to date a person treating me as a fixer-upper with a list of improvements in mind. Because that really just means they don't respect me or love me at the start. I think you love the people you treat like this, but idk if you respect them?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonna be honest, I only date move-in ready people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PetraCore posted:

Realtalk I wouldn't want to date a person if I wasn't a better person with them, but I also wouldn't want to date a person treating me as a fixer-upper with a list of improvements in mind. Because that really just means they don't respect me or love me at the start. I think you love the people you treat like this, but idk if you respect them?

Plus, it means best case scenario, if you stop being such a loser they'll get bored and start looking for someone even more pathetic to latch onto. Or you stay a loser forever and they enable you while quietly hating themselves.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Gonna be honest, I only date move-in ready people.

I only date the equivalent of the Victorian home that would be super nice as soon as we can wrangle the toilets

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

Realtalk: You're not good enough yet. You're not good enough yet. You'll never be good enough to completely relax about it. Self-improvement is a lifelong mission for the sake of your soul.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

Realtalk: You're not good enough yet. You're not good enough yet. You'll never be good enough to completely relax about it. Self-improvement is a lifelong mission for the sake of your soul.
You ok

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Pick posted:

That's kind of intense, Pick.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jim Barris posted:

That's kind of intense, Pick.

It depends on how it is. If someone wants to date me because my issues make me a tempting target.... no. Dating someone who appreciates me for my strengths and wants to put effort into helping me with my issues... si mami.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

PetraCore posted:

Let other people fix you so you can watch the light go out of their eyes when they realize all their effort was wasted as you have them open the 8 breakup letters you left on your desktop.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still wanna hear about what happened to Pick's inheritance if you're gonna insist on oversharing your issues on a declining comedy forum.

Wanting to fix other people's problems is the job of a shrink, not a girlfriend, where at least your own issues won't be an obvious impediment, or at least that's what I learned from Frasier.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't commoditize empathy.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If pick gets birthday cards from a financial advisor then she probably has at least $50K in assets. Or less, I dunno how those millenial robo management online advisors work.

If it was wasted then maybe running down an inherited IRA?

Just cus I work in the industry: Pick, if your annual/quarterly fees are always the same round number amount being withdrawn then you're below the investment minimum for their program and you should do research and self manage.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I'm out of this fight. The spear of Encouraging Words has broken my shield of Irony and I am left defenseless in sea of Goon.

Also I don't have anything funny to say.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Almost all of my relationships start based upon me being attractive and superficially charming, then the various awful things about me and my personality slowly chip away at the ability of the other person to tolerate me until it either leads to a massive drama thing or they quietly inform me that they're tired, unhappy, and done being with me.
In essence, there's no such thing as good enough for other people, so just try to find someone you like and stay with them, but my advice is terrible so don't listen to me anyway.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
We must all sit beneath the Bodhi Tree and date ourselves, eventually severing after failing to communicate or improve. In this severing we become Pete and then, turning inward, we see that all is Pick. In this way, one can date the Bodhi Tree and become an E/N success story. Namaste

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
[23F] discovered my BF [24M] of a few months has a whole secret life I didn't know about, revolving around an obsession with college girls.

quote:

So…I guess you could say this has been an issue the whole relationship. My BF is suuuuper hung up on the fact that he was a 'late bloomer' relationship wise and didn't have any relationships while he was in college. I'm his first 'real' relationship.

So he's ranted to me a lot and honestly it was getting to be a real turn off, I felt like he was living in the past pining after what could have been, and what's the big deal? Dating in college is often just full of drama, he didn't miss much. I tried to explain this and be sympathetic at first. But it's too much. You'd think it's the only thing on his mind ever. All his sexual desires have to do with college somehow. He wants us to pretend to be in college studying for tests together and went so far as to buy used textbooks. He wants me to act like I'm in a sorority…whatever that means. Just all this poo poo based on his regret about his lack of experience in college.

I was getting fed up with him and on top of that throughout our whole relationship he's been really shady about how he spends his time when not working. Long story short I suspected cheating (because he flat out threatened to cheat on me if I didn't agree to try a fantasy of his so it's not like I had no reason here!) I admit I snooped through his messages and some social media.

What I found I still can't get my head around. Yes he's cheating. With not one, but TWO, girls who are of course in college. The texts between them are plenty incriminating that they've hooked up.

Now how did he meet college girls you may wonder? Well that's the other part of this: turns out, when he's not busy he drives all around our area going to different college campuses. From what I can glean from his interactions with these 'friends' of his, he's posing as a college student pretending to attend this or that university. His camera roll is full of selfies of him with random people especially girls who all look so painfully uncomfortable. He's got all these dudes he messages about when the next party is or other events on college campuses and asking them to introduce their female friends. He's got other message threads with girls themselves hitting on them, most of these girls blow him off. He's extremely pushy with everyone of both genders, will not take no for an answer and it's soooo clear these people don't want to talk to him. I'm certain they suspect by now that he's been lying about being a student. There's one conversation where he's complaining to a guy about how he got BANNED from another campus for what was obviously stalking people there, though ofc he didn't say it like that.

This is so insanely creepy to me. I'm part angry about the cheating and part seriously concerned for those girls now.

I do plan to dump this loser next I see him (he had to go to work and I needed to process all this and write it out) Instant decision, not here for advice on that so don't worry! Sucks but I was getting to the end of my rope with his whining and fixation on college fantasies anyway. What I'd like advice on is should I try to contact some of these people, or at least the two girls, and basically warn them? Is that overreacting? I'm extremely disturbed by how aggressive he was in the messages I saw. I can only assume he's that forceful in person too when he hits up campuses trying to 'make friends' and meet women.

If you think this would be an okay and not equally creepy course of action, what sort of message should I write? Just explain I'm his (ex) GF and he's not a student at any college? Go further to explain how he's obsessed with 'college life'?

tl;dr : My (soon to be ex) BF is absolutely obsessed with the idea of…. being in college again? Having a relationship while also in college?? Don't even know but he's been cheating on me with two college girls, and has also been going around to a bunch of campuses pretending to be a student at them. I found his message logs where he desperately tries to force friendships and aggressively flirts with college girls. He doesn't care that these people are uncomfortable. Kind of want to try to contact the girls and explain they should be careful of him because this poo poo is unhinged to me. Would this be out of line?

Ahaha you're dating *that* guy who shows up to college parties. Men are the worst.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

La Brea Carpet posted:

[23F] discovered my BF [24M] of a few months has a whole secret life I didn't know about, revolving around an obsession with college girls.

Ahaha you're dating *that* guy who shows up to college parties. Men are the worst.
If that guy's not a redpiller now, he will be once he realizes :females: are creeped out by that increasingly-older guy still hanging around college parties. (He's not going to stop unless something forces him to or unless his brokebrain suddenly fixes itself)

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Wasn't there another college fetishist dude a while back? I remember him being harmless though.

Who the gently caress isn't sick of "college parties" by the end of college anyway christ almighty

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

La Brea Carpet posted:

There are sites for that. Jesus, it's 2017go keep pace with time :eng101:

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

andrew smash posted:

Wasn't there another college fetishist dude a while back? I remember him being harmless though.

Who the gently caress isn't sick of "college parties" by the end of college anyway christ almighty

people who missed out on them, presumably.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Yeah. I didn't do "college parties" until my fifth year!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yeah. I didn't do "college parties" until my fifth year!

A portrait of the poster as a young creeper

https://www.google.com/search?q=van...ZhIP9ol6zoEvHM:

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
AAsq

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

andrew smash posted:

Yeah, he wasn't cheating, just oddly obsessed with banging his GF on a campus or something?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

[quote="“The Sexual Shiite”" post="“477304684”"]
A portrait of the poster as a young creeper

https://www.google.com/search?q=van...ZhIP9ol6zoEvHM:
[/quote]

I was never that ugly.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

expected:

was still not disappointed despite being wrong

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pick posted:

Don't commoditize empathy.

It's not commoditisation. It's that having empathy for someone doesn't automatically give you the ability to give them the help they need. Goddamn do I know that too well.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pick posted:

Oh, drag yourself down off the cross. Being okay with yourself is not a moral failure, it's work so difficult most people need professional help to achieve it. It's also not the end of self-improvement, only the kind which is fueled entirely by neuroticism.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
being okay with yourself is the first excuse in the inevitable downslide into complacency and death. red queen hypothesis, bitch. never stop self improving or the world will slam dunk u into a toilet.

- POSTED WHILE EXERCISING

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

being okay with yourself is the first excuse in the inevitable downslide into complacency and death. red queen hypothesis, bitch. never stop self improving or the world will slam dunk u into a toilet.

- POSTED WHILE EXERCISING

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I haven't been ok with myself in a long time and it hasn't really helped. If I was more at peace with myself I might feel a sense of stewardship

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What qualifies as a good person is not a static idea. Hell, look at what a good man in 1910 was like compared to a good man in 2010. And to think, well that is the passage of history, but there's been people live to see that passage of history. Next time, it might be you. Do you really want to be unchanging? Is that really something you can afford to do? It was that moment when you decide to stop growing, but you start becoming worse, because really everything is changing around you, that requirement will never really change until you die.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Pick posted:

What qualifies as a good person is not a static idea. Hell, look at what a good man in 1910 was like compared to a good man in 2010. And to think, well that is the passage of history, but there's been people live to see that passage of history. Next time, it might be you. Do you really want to be unchanging? Is that really something you can afford to do? It was that moment when you decide to stop growing, but you start becoming worse, because really everything is changing around you, that requirement will never really change until you die.

Things good people do:

1. Constantly post on a dead gay forum

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LimburgLimbo posted:

Things good people do:

1. Constantly post on a dead gay forum

I think I'm being pretty upfront about the idea that I too am on this never ending quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb stupid idiot
Nov 4, 2015

REALLY NOT
FEELIN UP
TO IT RIGHT
NOW. SORRY.

:h:
this thread is so much better when Pick isn't posting