Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

/p <se.1> i see your berserk macro, and will not cleanse you because you do less damage per gcd than me.
/p <se.2> maybe bother the bard?

Haha, good luck getting us to remember we even have that ability. MORE ARROWS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Yoshi P speaks on housing issues: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/348376-In-Regard-to-Housing-in-Patch-4.1?p=4438235#post4438235

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Won't be enough.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

New system can only realistically be escalating bids on a plot or more likely random rolls right?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So have the world firsters cleared the Unending Coils yet? Would love to see a video of how the fight goes down since I'll never see it myself.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jalapeno_dude posted:

So have the world firsters cleared the Unending Coils yet? Would love to see a video of how the fight goes down since I'll never see it myself.

Not out for like 2 weeks.

They should probably limit accounts to 1 FC home and one personal home and no ability to sell the house on.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nice nothingburger, please look forward to it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Not out for like 2 weeks.

They should probably limit accounts to 1 FC home and one personal home and no ability to sell the house on.

Wait, people can own more than one home? That seems incredibly unwise, especially given the value of limited space.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

To prevent speculation, we're going to say exactly gently caress all. Good job.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its gonna be a lottery system to determine who gets to buy the new plots, please enjoy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If they add new wards, they probably need to make them of specific types too, at least temporarily.

FC only, No FCs, New buyers only, Relocations only, Free for all as examples.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Good to see SE haven't learned a drat thing about housing. All this new fun stuff is making me think I need to get back up ins with you lovely folks.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So nothing in the hotfixes about Barrel Stabilizer being fixed? I swear, half the time it doesn't come up when I go into combat on MCH.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i choose to believe this is a 12 year old kid hyped as gently caress to play as squall and not a greasy 32 year old

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Griever posted:

I recreated my hot tub with deck, but this time I also have a secret coffin

What partition and tub is it you're using to create this? :O

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm surprised they don't sell houses for irl money and use the money to fix the servers so they can keep up with the demand.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
They definitely did something to squadron AI in this hotfix because my gladiator squaddie can no longer effectively hold agro. Caused a wipe on a simple mob pack, and couldn't hold the last boss in stone vigil against myself and the monk. I guess they made them more realistic.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Trainmonk posted:

They definitely did something to squadron AI in this hotfix because my gladiator squaddie can no longer effectively hold agro. Caused a wipe on a simple mob pack, and couldn't hold the last boss in stone vigil against myself and the monk. I guess they made them more realistic.

Is mashing the squad attack button still broken if you bring an archer along? Really hope that didn't get fixed.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Is mashing the squad attack button still broken if you bring an archer along? Really hope that didn't get fixed.

Don't know, I don't have an archer.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I can't wait to see a grand total of 4 wards (1 each area) added. Maybe add them without the subdivisions somehow so it's really like 2. That would be amazing.

Really though, come on and add some depressing elvish snowPope houses to Ishgard.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My favorite part of squads is that I can sick them on 2 packs at a time, then alt tab and do something else while they get me free XP. It almost makes up the frustration of them running out of the boss arena or standing in the bad.

I had a real good moment in Brayflox yesterday. I skipped the adds on top of the hill right next to the second boss, and ordered my squad to engage the boss. When I did that, my healer went "OH LOOK A FIGHT", turned around, ran up the hill, and started engaging those adds while the rest of the squad started fighting the boss. I realized after a few seconds that my healer was missing, so I recalled the whole group to get into the arena before it locked out and she dragged all that trash into the boss arena. The trash got halfway into the arena, then leashed. Except when they leashed, only 1 of the mobs got out, the arena locked off and the other 2 got stuck inside.

Since that boss is untankable halfway through, he parked himself on the far side of the arena and the tank freaked the gently caress out trying to tank both the boss and the last remaining trash mob that got locked out. He ran back and forth between the gate and the boss for the entire fight doing absolutely nothing.

Still better than most pubbie runs.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, have people confirmed that you can get the emotes from doing lower level squaddie dungeon runs? Wanderer's palace is a pain with them.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Obligatum VII posted:

So, have people confirmed that you can get the emotes from doing lower level squaddie dungeon runs? Wanderer's palace is a pain with them.

You just need to finish 10 command missions and you'll get the emotes.

e: Any of them, yes.

Trainmonk fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 12, 2017

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Squadron dudes DPS (at least with archers, no idea about other DPS) is better than pubbies, and you don't have to deal with honest healers.

Pubbies are absolutely better at actually running dungeons in every other way, though. As in: Not running away to bring new stuff to fight from half the dungeon ago, not attacking an obviously immune boss while standing in fire and everything around them explodes, running between tonberries while the king eats your party, or any of the other bafflingly stupid things squad members do.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
If a squaddie runs for the hills at a boss pull, just ignore it; they leash as soon as the arena closes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Sorry to any DGKK members who didn't want to see my Dzemael Darkhold play-by-play yesterday afternoon!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

orcane posted:

Squadron dudes DPS (at least with archers, no idea about other DPS) is better than pubbies, and you don't have to deal with honest healers.

Pubbies are absolutely better at actually running dungeons in every other way, though. As in: Not running away to bring new stuff to fight from half the dungeon ago, not attacking an obviously immune boss while standing in fire and everything around them explodes, running between tonberries while the king eats your party, or any of the other bafflingly stupid things squad members do.

They seem to take less damage from standing in bad than players though and their DPS as a whole is better than a player and hope to achieve. They're a complete replacement for randos for those dungeons, really.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
It depends on the bad. They don't seem to take any damage from the second boss in Halatali's purple water, but the last boss's fire is squad murder that you have to manually lead them out of sometimes.

...Though they do seem to learn what not to do after a few repeats of a specific dungeon. I noticed my ranged guys were standing outside the fire on their own after the third halatali run.

I am vaguely worried that my healer is going too far with the 'healers should also DPS' thing though, the only tactic/stance she's learned is offensive. Does the damage boost apply to heals too? Might be worth it if so.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Definitely still a thing and I really hope it never gets fixed.

1200 dps in Stone Vigil.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
The squad seems to share at least some of the aoe reduction that acn pets have, the brayflox dragon was breathing on them more often than not but they barely took any damage from it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Actually, the biggest brained solution to the housing problem is

quote:

If you guys are looking into how Shirogane houses should be sold fairly, do this: set a criteria who can buy plot:

Large plot: only players who have reached lv70 in all jobs can buy
Medium plot: only players who have reached lv70 in all non-combat job and at least 8 combat jobs, can buy
Small plot: only players who have reached lv70 in all DoL jobs and at least 4 combat jobs, can buy

Doing so, it will make sure that only the truly dedicated players can have access to housing, reduce the dilemma of housing abuse by alts. Not only that, it'll enhance the gameplay experience in every way possible in terms of q time, & enhancing the ingame economy, etc. Please consider it.

This recommendation is for Shirogane only, since it's a premium aesthetic zone, for new player looking into housing, the Eorzea housing zone shouldn't have these criteria.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I did a squad run of Stone Vigil as a Scholar, and I think I cast four heals overall

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I just want a house so I can grow loving plants to feed my bird horse

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Vitamean posted:

lol

Shammoner
Jan 27, 2006

Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Dark Of Night...
My FC managed to get a large in Shirogane and we made the fancy castle exterior for it last night, of course by this morning one of my FC members informed me that someone next to us built a paissa house. I can't even be mad because the thing just looks dang impressed at the huge castle.

(We're on Sargatanas)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

MMO players never disappoint.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If they add new wards, they probably need to make them of specific types too, at least temporarily.

FC only, No FCs, New buyers only, Relocations only, Free for all as examples.

Honestly, the decision way back when to allow individuals to buy from the same stock of houses that FCs use was one of the dumbest choices they ever made. I'm all for individuals being able to have their own house (and I've had a cottage since it was first possible), but it's dumb that there are still a ton of FCs with no place of their own and no way to get one.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Isn't there actual PvE content gated behind owning an FC house as well :psyduck:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I mean I wouldn't necessarily say that the DoL classes are explicitly PVE, but when you put it like that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bolow posted:

Isn't there actual PvE content gated behind owning an FC house as well :psyduck:

Airships and the workshop. Mostly this just means bringing back a few unique materials for crafting housing-specific things, but you can also craft rank 3 FC buffs which can be a strong selling point for FCs that consistently keep them active.