Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

It's something, at least, but "keep adding more wards" won't address the underlying issues unless they want to continue maintaining artificial scarcity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Such as their CDNs being poo poo.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Yeah, if adding a bunch more housing was simple, they'd have done it. We've moved past (((PS3 Limitations))) to the back end is just hosed PS3 or no.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Vitamean posted:

Actually, the biggest brained solution to the housing problem is

Will wonders never cease :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vitamean posted:

Actually, the biggest brained solution to the housing problem is

The cost of the plot in gil is basically a filter for people who aren't dedicated anyway though. People who aren't very dedicated to the game aren't going to have the couple of mil it takes to have a small, never mind anything bigger.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Nanamo. :3:

And this nostalgia trip around Ul'dah. We're visiting all of the places I used to go as a newbie. We're even going to the Thaumaturge's Guild!

Go figure they'd animate and voice act the one Legacy cutscene I've seen before.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm dedicated enough for that, just not the several hundred million some people ask for plots now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Just keep enough wards active that there's at least 1 free plot per server yoship, this isn't very complicated...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
As someone who lucked into a house by being in the right place at the right time I feel like I should interject here and tell everyone that houses are rad and the underprivileged should just go out and get one and maybe something about bootstraps.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

As someone who lucked into a house by being in the right place at the right time I feel like I should interject here and tell everyone that houses are rad and the underprivileged should just go out and get one and maybe something about bootstraps.

Ah, a South Bay resident.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm setting up a HOA in Lavender 9 that will keep all Paissa houses out of my backyard.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Saint Freak posted:

Same. Homeownership is great. Y'all should try it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Truga posted:

Just keep enough wards active that there's at least 1 free plot per server yoship, this isn't very complicated...

Installing new servers and integrating them into your network without loving everything up when you're not on cloud or scaleable server technology is kinda complicated. They could probably go and make new wards auto-generate right now but they clearly don't have the tech to do that without killing the game, so they didn't. Even S-E aren't dumb enough to have this housing PR disaster on their hands out of choice, there's clearly a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
if your fc has less then 10 people no house for you imo. And no multiple house buying from the same person. If they demolish the house to "sell it" then let it be an empty plot for a few days so they can't control if they can give it to their buyer or not. Also require you having one job at level cap. That with the demolish dead zone time might prevent people from doing alts to try to sell plots. Why else would someone want to buy up mutliple plots at that point? Like the large plot in near dkgg is a level 10 character with an fc of 3 people that wants to sell that plot for a poo poo load of gil. It's a complete waste of a house which is sad. I'd even go as far to say force remove it from people if they CLEARLY are not using it.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 12, 2017

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning

Stalins Moustache posted:

What partition and tub is it you're using to create this? :O

Royal partitions for the black ones, I think the big white one is called Frolicking Beasts and is bought from an NPC in Mor Dhona. The tub is an oriental bathtub, surrounded by like 15 riviera partitions (you have to manually align them to hide the seams without making it all glitchy-looking). They count as tabletops.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I maintained the level 3 FC buffs a bit for SB and I don't think it's possible to get 100% uptime. You can only prime one level 3 buff at a time, and it takes 72 hours to prime them. And each one only lasts 24 hours. So it's no amazing thing. That being said, I think each FC should be able to get a house, and it should be higher priority than personal housing. It's not that I think the workshop is super valuable, but I find that FC houses are the most active, and people like to have a private place to hang out. In fact, I think FFXIV would have been better off reserving their housing zones for FCs, and just having instanced housing for private housing. I know there are apartments, but it's not the same thing. At this point, I guess they'll have to keep adding wards, and maybe throw in balconies for players and hope it appeases players.

My FC actually managed to transfer to a large in Shirogane in ward 1. We had a paissa medium in Goblet, but the large Paissa doesn't look as good as the medium. Some people want the new castle, but I'm still not sure.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Doesn't home ownership require level 50, third rank in your Grand Company and finished MSQ 2.0?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

if your fc has less then 10 people no house for you imo.

My five person FC likes our giant house and you cannot take it from us :colbert:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kortel posted:

Doesn't home ownership require level 50, third rank in your Grand Company and finished MSQ 2.0?

I think it's 2nd LT which is pretty easy to get.

EDIT:
Let people upgrade their apartment sizes, give them access to a personal greenhouse and have some kind of communal airship thing for apartments like there is for the stables. Maybe give some FC's the option of have their own instanced area for their poo poo if they don't care about the social aspect of the wards?

Bolow fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 12, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Squaddies definitely take less damage from boss mechanics as well. Running Stone Vigil and since they don't operate the cannons i had to do it it, but then a tornado blocked me from actually being able to operate it so it so the other dragon was able to just continually shoot snowballs at us and i was taking way more damage then they were.

Is the level 2 limit break for them better like it is normally or is it just letting you have 2 charges of the level 1 available?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yes, 2nd lt. If you're actually ranking up with your GC as you level your first job you can hit this by like level 48. In other words the prereqs for house ownership are very lenient and mainly serve to keep 10 minute old alt characters from squatting on plots.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Installing new servers and integrating them into your network without loving everything up when you're not on cloud or scaleable server technology is kinda complicated. They could probably go and make new wards auto-generate right now but they clearly don't have the tech to do that without killing the game, so they didn't. Even S-E aren't dumb enough to have this housing PR disaster on their hands out of choice, there's clearly a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Yeah, the game works pretty badly, I agree.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Squaddies definitely take less damage from boss mechanics as well. Running Stone Vigil and since they don't operate the cannons i had to do it it, but then a tornado blocked me from actually being able to operate it so it so the other dragon was able to just continually shoot snowballs at us and i was taking way more damage then they were.

Is the level 2 limit break for them better like it is normally or is it just letting you have 2 charges of the level 1 available?

Two charges of the level 1 limit break.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
SE is impressively bad at computers and the internet, so I'm sure it's not possible to just add wards when needed.

I'm in favor of the idea of letting a released plot sit open for a while - whether with a notice that it will be sold in the future, as an actual auction with an increasing price, as a lotto where multiple people can select buy and one randomly gets it, or etc. It's not practical to try and catch people buying houses just to resell, so make it that people paying them have no advantage over anyone else, therefore no incentive. It turns out the tragedy of the commons can sometimes be helpful.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I wonder if the housing situation has anything to do with 1.0 jank (or early 2.0 rush to release jank)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
They were able to support almost up to 6 instances of Raubahn Extreme simultaneously, more wards should be a cakewalk.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tanking nerds. What the hell am I doing wrong on Ravana (Hard), every goddamn time I tank him I get completely loving dumpstered by some blade attack. Not the one with the lines you have to dodge, but some unavoidable one that just does a fuckload of damage that happens just before that starts. I'm getting crushed through Vengeance, through Rampart, through Raw Intuition, Inner Beast is up, I just get hosed into the dirt every time. Then the same poo poo happens again when he goes to gently caress me up because I dropped down to offtank status.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bolow posted:

Tanking nerds. What the hell am I doing wrong on Ravana (Hard), every goddamn time I tank him I get completely loving dumpstered by some blade attack. Not the one with the lines you have to dodge, but some unavoidable one that just does a fuckload of damage that happens just before that starts. I'm getting crushed through Vengeance, through Rampart, through Raw Intuition, Inner Beast is up, I just get hosed into the dirt every time. Then the same poo poo happens again when he goes to gently caress me up because I dropped down to offtank status.

What ilevel is your gear?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

What ilevel is your gear?

It syncs me to 150, I'm at 255 with shire left side and the 240 str jewelry I got from leveling my DRG on my right

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
That blade attack is supposed to be split by your offtank.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

ruta posted:

In fact, I think FFXIV would have been better off reserving their housing zones for FCs, and just having instanced housing for private housing. I know there are apartments, but it's not the same thing. At this point, I guess they'll have to keep adding wards, and maybe throw in balconies for players and hope it appeases players.

My FC actually managed to transfer to a large in Shirogane in ward 1. We had a paissa medium in Goblet, but the large Paissa doesn't look as good as the medium. Some people want the new castle, but I'm still not sure.

My understanding is that there's some weird interaction between the instances for houses, and the wards they're in. Every single house in the game is permanently eating an instance slot that could be used for a Toto-Rak or Raubahn (Savage) instead. Those instances can't be closed out either, because the game needs to track how the exterior is laid out so it looks right when you're wandering around the ward. Presumably apartment or FC private rooms can be suspended or shuffled in and out as needed, otherwise the whole game would completely implode under the weight of those.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is there some way to make the "Deflect" command in Return of the Bull something I can use on my keyboard? Because I keep clicking it with my mouse, but nothing happens and then I fail the duty.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bolow posted:

It syncs me to 150, I'm at 255 with shire left side and the 240 str jewelry I got from leveling my DRG on my right

No clue then. I never get shanked too bad on that fight.

Saint Freak posted:

That blade attack is supposed to be split by your offtank.

Pretty sure that's just on extreme. On normal you get hit with the first tapesta and just step out of the way for the other two.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is there some way to make the "Deflect" command in Return of the Bull something I can use on my keyboard? Because I keep clicking it with my mouse, but nothing happens and then I fail the duty.

it defaulted to ctrl V for me but yes you can keybind it, it's near the bottom of your assignable actions in the hotbar tab (I forget the exact name and I can't log in right now)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Mr. Nice! posted:

No clue then. I never get shanked too bad on that fight.

Pretty sure that's just on extreme. On normal you get hit with the first tapesta and just step out of the way for the other two.

Oh I don't know then. Blame the healers.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yup it's called Duty Actions and looks like a grey square, I just put it on my bars last night for the instance

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There we go. That was much more manageable when the game actually registered I was trying to use the thing.

Thanks all.

Edit: Nanamo, stop being so cute. :supaburn:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 12, 2017

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Make housing require a high feast rank

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
With the caveat if you have a feast t shirt you get a house for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Charge $5--10 extra a month for a guaranteed house as an additional fee like extra retainers