Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rosie is gonna be thrilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Reminder that there's dog food ready to pick up at Shopko whenever you want to get it. I don't know if you saw my post from last night.

I was kind of loopy on Ambien at the time and may have acted prematurely, but whatever. The order number is 946178.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm here picking it up in case the dag comes back

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think your little bird friends will eat it also.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I hope that when you posted, or otherwise informed facebook/radio stations etc you said "come see the guy living in a camper in a field to get your dog back".

Or just "come see the guy that burned a jeep last summer".

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WELL GUESS WHO WAS SLEEPING UNDER THE TRAILER ONCE I RODE BACK

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dogge is currently destroying the pork bone in favor of the dog füd

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
MOTHER FUCKER WENT AFTER MY REPLACEMENT BAGELS

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Dogemeat gonna doge. Take her to the vet or rescue shelter even if you're gonna hang out with her, and get someone to give her a flea & tick treatment. You don't need or want fleas & ticks.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Tremek posted:

Dogemeat gonna doge. Take her to the vet or rescue shelter even if you're gonna hang out with her, and get someone to give her a flea & tick treatment. You don't need or want fleas & ticks.

You don’t want a Nebraska-Florida brewed flea and tick explosion to come to Denver?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

I'm about 99% sure one actually did arrive addressed to Truck in A Field

I marked mine "ATTN: Truck In Field" just in case the UPS guy tried to deliver it to the actual house, so that's probably the one you remember.

Also, you'll have a couple kitchen knives and vaguely cook-for-yourself sorts of things coming along soon. I meant to send them earlier but didn't get to fill the box before a personal trip sidelined it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SOMEBODY FOUND A PORCUPINE

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Ugh, that's always miserable.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I dunno which would be worse (for you anyway, for the dog it's definitely the porcupine)... porcupine or a skunk.

A few years back I was in a junkyard, and one of their "guard" dogs walked up to me wagging his tail while I was rear end deep in a parts car.. and dropped a dead skunk at my feet. :staredog: I think he wanted me to throw it. Smelled about as fantastic as you'd expect.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Did the dog pick up any quills?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Judging from how few quills there are and where, I've got good money it was the roadkill roll a thon

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I dunno which would be worse (for you anyway, for the dog it's definitely the porcupine)... porcupine or a skunk.

A few years back I was in a junkyard, and one of their "guard" dogs walked up to me wagging his tail while I was rear end deep in a parts car.. and dropped a dead skunk at my feet. :staredog: I think he wanted me to throw it. Smelled about as fantastic as you'd expect.

The porcupine is the worse case scenario. The quills have to be removed, it hurts them like you wouldn’t believe. My normally friendly husky, my grandfathers sheepdog and my uncles beagle all turned really aggressive when it came time to remove quills. Sometimes sedation is required. And you do have to remove them, they tend to burrow deeper and migrate over time.

The skunk, well the dog gets a bath in scent remover and stays outside for a while.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

A direct face shot in a confined space (like following the skunk into its den) can overwhelm and kill a dog.

Is there a way to get little Finnegan a rabies shot and tag/collar?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
We gotta name this bitch, (or mutt whatever).

I vote for Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Once the dog found out what I was doing it sat down and kept still so I could pull the quills myself

And now after a big meal it's nap time I gueSS

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Seems like a pretty drat cool doggie.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Once the dog found out what I was doing it sat down and kept still so I could pull the quills myself

And now after a big meal it's nap time I gueSS

And now you have a lifelong partner there is a reason he was sent to you

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm no expert but those look like maybe hedgehog quills, rather than porcupine. Do they have hedgehogs in nebraska?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm no expert but those look like maybe hedgehog quills, rather than porcupine. Do they have hedgehogs in nebraska?

None native, when I saw the roadkill pick I thought it looked like a porcupine. Way more likely that the tips just broke off. Good dumb dog.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Welp missed a quill. Right in the tip of her nose.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Oh my dog Dave this dog has turned this into a dogdamn fairy tail. I swear when I step back and think about your journey, and how now an adorable dogdamn dog is now a part of it who has apparently decided it's gonna stay with you, I can hardly believe it. Dave for president, djdoggo for VP.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean before the whole thread decides that this is now inevitably 14" Doggo,

DICK DICER posted:

Daddo was less than thrilled to see its arrival.

pupper needs to not get him kicked out the trukk pasture.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Doggo will also have trouble with the post trukk part of the program.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I didn't even know there were porcupines in Nebraska!

Apparently they're moving east: https://communityenvironment.unl.edu/porcupine-0

In 30 years we'll be overrun with porcupines and armadillos.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Yep that's a pro doggo. Sorry Dave, you have been chosen.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
She's got porcupine quills in her mouth and is starting to limp from her wounded leg so idk how I can help her

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

She's got porcupine quills in her mouth and is starting to limp from her wounded leg so idk how I can help her

Would it be possible to talk Daddo into taking her to the vet with you? It may be more involvement than he's up for, but everyone is a softie for a hurt doggie.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Deteriorata posted:

Would it be possible to talk Daddo into taking her to the vet with you? It may be more involvement than he's up for, but everyone is a softie for a hurt doggie.

Realtalk -- nobody has time or money to deal with stray random doggo. But doggos are resilient. Dick said that there was no sign of infection, get some triple antibiotic in town and keep it coated as much as possible. Get the quills out of the mouth as you can, but the dog will do that, too.

It's a dog, it'll be okay with some triage, not a full-on $$$ vet bill.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, as much as well all love the dog, and I certainly do, don't get me wrong. Dave only has a week left there, not exactly the time to be spending potentially $100s on a random dog that may still have an owner looking for her. Do what you can to help her, but let's not get too swept up in this.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, as much as well all love the dog, and I certainly do, don't get me wrong. Dave only has a week left there, not exactly the time to be spending potentially $100s on a random dog that may still have an owner looking for her. Do what you can to help her, but let's not get too swept up in this.

You are of course 100% correct... but this post will look callous in hindsight when the dog shows up in Florida after a couple months

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Dogs themselves will get all but the most deep quills out, and a pair of pliers and a submission hold will get the others.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

FBS posted:

You are of course 100% correct... but this post will look callous in hindsight when the dog shows up in Florida after a couple months

While born aloft upon ephemeral wings of smoke and nightmare :black101:

ExplodingSims posted:

This. She's too old to travel without a vehicle. She just wants a nice person and a nice meal and a nice nap.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Post on the local FB group or craigslist and ask someone to foster/adopt/re home her.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Breakfast Feud posted:

Post on the local FB group or craigslist and ask someone to foster/adopt/re home her.

That's phase 2, I've got word out in town I found a dog now so I'll give it a day or two then escalate to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Awesome!

I googled it and there's a dog rescue in Valentine, apparently.

With a dog as chill and well trained as the one you found it shouldn't be a problem to get it to a foster home.

• Locked thread