Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Mithross posted:

Given my relic collection here (google doc, there are tabs for the elements at the end) what would be a good magicite to start at?

I've been attempting Sealion with an entrust bot for Terra's USB OSB combo, and it feels like I'm just not quite there. It doesn't help I don't have a +fire mage weapon. It does feel like I could get it if the stars aligned, but I wanted to see if anyone thought a different magicite would be an easier start. I'm currently using Raines for the fight just because he has my other faithga that's worth a drat (I have braska's but... braska. Also Braska isn't really leveled.). Maybe swap him for a Alph's radiant shield?

Living flame should be incredibly easy for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

It’s armor!

Would have liked more of course, but a decent looking LMR with good stats is fine by me.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Pander posted:

The bosses resisting seems like something added, not something nerfed. Calling this a nerf is like calling a boss' immunity to fire a nerfing of fire spells.

Not when immunity to fire existed from day 1 and break resistance didn't. Break resistance is unequivocally a nerf to break abilities and SBs. It's not a nerf directly to those abilities, but it's a nerf nonetheless. Subtraction by addition is a thing.

quote:

And the retaliate thing? I'm amazed they haven't just said "retaliate isn't supposed to work like that" and have retaliating characters stop attacking enemies when attacked by player characters.

Ninja thing I guess? Seems like balancing to make it work well given how it's completely different from normal magic, what with ignoring resistance. Probably shouldn't have been tied to normal magic softcap in the first place.

Still nerfs. Also Retaliate is explicitly and clearly supposed to work like that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

2/11

Prompto BSB and Iris BSB (dupe)

was hoping for noctis lmr, but this is okay too....I'll need to do all of these old events, maybe I'll get 100 mythril out of it to do two more pulls.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
gently caress yes, did a draw on the FF1 banner on a whim.

3/11: Sarah BSB (Dupe), Echo SSB1 (eh.), WoL CSB (YES)

WoL now has CSB/USB/BSB for me. Time to send him to 99, he's clearly rarin to go.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Mithross posted:

Given my relic collection here (google doc, there are tabs for the elements at the end) what would be a good magicite to start at?

I've been attempting Sealion with an entrust bot for Terra's USB OSB combo, and it feels like I'm just not quite there. It doesn't help I don't have a +fire mage weapon. It does feel like I could get it if the stars aligned, but I wanted to see if anyone thought a different magicite would be an easier start. I'm currently using Raines for the fight just because he has my other faithga that's worth a drat (I have braska's but... braska. Also Braska isn't really leveled.). Maybe swap him for a Alph's radiant shield?

Between Yuna and OK BSBs you might be able to get a Sub-30 off Terra, just a clear shouldn't be hard. Just bring Refia along as a self-sufficient 2nd DPS, and hone Meltdown as high as you can for when Terra doesn't have a bar.

That said, yeah, you have two ninjas and a water chain, you should be able to find some combination that makes liquid flame melt.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

ZiegeDame posted:

Between Yuna and OK BSBs you might be able to get a Sub-30 off Terra, just a clear shouldn't be hard. Just bring Refia along as a self-sufficient 2nd DPS, and hone Meltdown as high as you can for when Terra doesn't have a bar.

That said, yeah, you have two ninjas and a water chain, you should be able to find some combination that makes liquid flame melt.

Ybrik posted:

Living flame should be incredibly easy for you.

Got it, I'll take out liquid flame first, then work on sealion from there. (also I'd forgotten Yuna's faithga and feel dumb)

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Is this banner worth pulling on if all you care about is Noctis' BSB and LMR, and you have dupe Iris BSB and Noctis SSB?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I dunno, but it gave me a full set of dragoon gear. Aranea's SB's look interesting. Does she get a chaser on a USB sometime down the line? I don't know how effective the scaling damage on her LD capstone would be, though it's definitely no Lightning.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Did three pulls, got Prompto BSB, Noct BSB, Aranea’s SSB, a dupe Airstep Sword, and three goddamn Auto Crossbows. I wanted all the BSBs and LMRs so I’m a little disappointed but it’s not a terrible haul.

I’ll probably pull again like an idiot, drat I want those LMRs so bad :argh:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

Is this banner worth pulling on if all you care about is Noctis' BSB and LMR, and you have dupe Iris BSB and Noctis SSB?

Aranea bsb has a unique combo of elements, and the commands aren't poo poo, prompto has breakdowns and both of them are +lightning

She can't wrath, but most dragoons I've seen can't?

Prompto can wrath/LS tho.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Yeah, Prompto's USB looks great, so maybe I'll toss a pull at it.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
2 pulls got me Prompto's BSB, SSB, LM, Iris' BSB, and Aranea's OSB and BSB...I really wanted Prompto's USB and Noctis' sword but I feel like pulling again after that is just tempting fate to throw 4 Moogle Plushie's at me like that poor bastard during the fest.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar draw got me Prompto's SSB - first XV relic! Lightning element hyperbreak is pretty nice, but I already have a lightning element Hyper Break with Shelke BSB so I don't think I'll be using it much at all outside of XV.

I was considering a pull on XV for Noctis SSB and Iris BSB, but since I have a pretty great Lightning team already I might just go for the XV Renewal banner to swap Aranea and Prompto's stuff for Iris LMR and Gladio's stuff. Gonna wait a while to decide, or maybe I'll just skip it entirely for the eventual Ignis event.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

PneumonicBook posted:

just tempting fate to throw 4 Moogle Plushie's at me like that poor bastard during the fest.
that might be my favorite pull ever.

I mean there have been equally weird and insane pulls in the past, but the goofy way those moogles look with their super-long legs accentuate the silliness of a 4-moogle-pull.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I'd like to pull on both the FF1 and FFXV banners for some synergy equipment but it's hard to justify it when most of the relics don't fill any actual need and the ice heavy FF8 banner is looming to fill my biggest weakness.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Probably a dumb idea but now I have a giant boomstick stat stick :unsmigghh:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Adel posted:

Probably a dumb idea but now I have a giant boomstick stat stick :unsmigghh:

Well it's almost up to OSB/USB strength!

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Pander posted:

Well it's almost up to OSB/USB strength!

Almost?

Suddenly I’m no longer sad about getting those dupes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
If FFRK could stay like this forever it’d be perfect. Half stamina realm dungeons for tons of stamina refreshes, old realm dungeons I missed every day, gobs of mythril/orbs/accessories.

Having way too much fun with FFRK today.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

So do these renewal dungeons mean we might be able to get some onion motes sooner?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Randabis posted:

So do these renewal dungeons mean we might be able to get some onion motes sooner?

if the event appears and still has it's exp dungeon, then yes

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Randabis posted:

I think we already got our Onion Mote for 2017.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey, Noctis BSB from a dollar pull. :toot:

I know awhile ago there was a conversation about whether or not it's actually that good but at the very least it seems neat and I never pass up new shinies.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Did a single pull because I could really use more lightning element, and Iris BSB and Noctis LMR are both very nice:

Good enough, at least as good as a pull without BSB+ relics can be. I now have almost complete Noctis, only lacking his OSB. :toot:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm wondering if I should pull on this banner. I guess I'm spoiled after all the lucky banners from the Anniversary and I'm like ew, it has SSBs on it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'm wondering if I should pull on this banner. I guess I'm spoiled after all the lucky banners from the Anniversary and I'm like ew, it has SSBs on it.

Saving 300+ mythril for festivals instead of pulling normal banners seems to be working out pretty well for me so far.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mischalaniouse posted:

If you specifically need/want lightning, machinist, or dragoon stuff, it's a decent pull.

Otherwise I'd wait.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Saving 300+ mythril for festivals instead of pulling normal banners seems to be working out pretty well for me so far.

Saving Mythril just for the fests is likely the most cost-effective use, both for return on investment and individual power in Relics. Personally, though, I prefer to pull for favorites on whatever opportunity comes up because that makes me happier. Also I find the only reason I can go awhile without getting an itch to just pull in Global is because I'm regularly yolo'ing it up JP side.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Fests are indeed the best bang/mythril available. However your estimated value greatly diminishes with each consecutive pull so blowing half a year's worth of mythril on five banners isn't the best.

Additionally fests are pretty dry on LMRs so if you want to maximize that Ultra you pulled when are you getting the LMR?

With the additional mythril coming from dailies and renewals I wouldn't be too worried about throwing a pull here or there. Should still be enough for festivities.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah after the last Fest I'd probably throw a pull or two at an upcoming banner if there was a few things I really wanted. I'd definitely throw a pull or two at a FFV banner now that I have Bartz USB and none of his other stuff. Unfortunately next FFV banner is a loooooooooong way off.

Bartz is so insane and I only have the first half of his legend dive complete.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
My last two 100 gem pulls have gotten me something. I'm paranoid now. :tinfoil:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Holy poo poo, dumb error from DeNA gives us 1 more free selection each on CT and 30rh banners!!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Fests are indeed the best bang/mythril available. However your estimated value greatly diminishes with each consecutive pull so blowing half a year's worth of mythril on five banners isn't the best.

Additionally fests are pretty dry on LMRs so if you want to maximize that Ultra you pulled when are you getting the LMR?

With the additional mythril coming from dailies and renewals I wouldn't be too worried about throwing a pull here or there. Should still be enough for festivities.

3rd anniversary fest JP had three or four LMRs per banner. The two mini element-fests (which will probably be combined into global's December fest) had two LMRs per banner. LMRs will be getting more common soon.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Uhhh lmao this owns

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Holy poo poo, dumb error from DeNA gives us 1 more free selection each on CT and 30rh banners!!
Oh now I understand what that announcement meant, so the two selections were referring to the gem draw and the mithril draw.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Uh oh. Now I'm tempted to do the gem banner. Two relics is twice the value...

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
This is awesome! I was dead set on choosing Asylum as my free relic when I first did the pull, but since I also got TG Cid's OSB during the fest, I really wanted to grab his BSB as a free relic too. Now I was able to get both!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Uh oh. Now I'm tempted to do the gem banner. Two relics is twice the value...

I don't know if I read it clearly enough, make sure it applies to people trying to buy in now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Geocities Homepage King posted:

My last two 100 gem pulls have gotten me something. I'm paranoid now. :tinfoil:

And now I get two more free selections on banners? Oh god what terrible thing is going to befall me now?

Or maybe this is just payback for not being able to do MP raids. Hm.

• Locked thread