Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Weebsmash makes a loud noise and is therefore superior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Bleu posted:

Weebsmash makes a loud noise and is therefore superior

I like the random abilities that are ten times louder than every other sound effect in the game. Weebsmash is the most notable one (THWACK-SMASH), followed closely by the tea-kettle noise that Ruin spells make while casting, and Braver of course. There's a couple of others I'm forgetting, I'm sure.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:rip: broil sound effect, online lasted like 2 weeks.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Ridiculously loud Broil was the best thing about Heavensward SCH.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Its a shame I didnt get into healing until Stormblood. I'll never know God tier scholar. Then again, I'll never know how bad AST was either.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Its a shame I didnt get into healing until Stormblood. I'll never know God tier scholar. Then again, I'll never know how bad AST was either.

I've been playing SCH recently. Only have it up to 63, so Shisui's the highest-end content I've done on it, but it seems really fun and very solid! At least in random Duty Finder groups, it's nice having good damage output (and more than one panic button) of your own instead of being largely dependent on throwing Balance/Arrow onto a good DPS player. Also, that DPS rotation's a bit more interesting than hitting Combust then hitting Malefic or Gravity over and over again.

AST is still aesthetic as hell though

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What's going on at the bottom of your shoes? In fact, I think my monk's artifact gear has the same kind of nonsense.

Can anyone recommend a good damage parser program? I'm curious to know how well I do. I'm trying to get Advanced Combat Tracker up and running but my computer hates the thing. AVG flags it as a false positive, firewall doesn't let it scan network data and this is adding exceptions and running it in admin mode. Any other burning hoops I need to jump through to get this poo poo going?

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 13, 2017

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

What's going on at the bottom of your shoes? In fact, I think my monk's artifact gear has the same kind of nonsense.

Can anyone recommend a good damage parser program? I'm curious to know how well I do. I'm trying to get Advanced Combat Tracker up and running but my computer hates the thing. AVG flags it as a false positive, firewall doesn't let it scan network data and this is adding exceptions and running it in admin mode. Any other burning hoops I need to jump through to get this poo poo going?

ACT is really your best option, I believe there are other ones but i cant imagine they update anywhere near as fast and they certainly arent anywhere near as well-used.
If I remember right, you want to disable parsing from network data altogether. Hell, I'll just screenshot this for you:

and my options menu:

some people make the new encounter wait time 30s to track entire dungeons as a single event or 10 to break up each fight or phase of a primal, i went 15 for some reason idk, it's definitely personal preference.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 13, 2017

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It's not accurate if you're not parsing from network data, but it's Close Enough to judge if your group's gonna clear a thing or not.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jinh posted:

They were originally planning to have Viera ingame before moving to au ra, here's concept art of male Viera

what the gently caress, these are way better than dragon people

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Augus posted:

what the gently caress, these are way better than dragon people
The concept art for the dragon people were way better than the dragon people we got, also, so doesn't mean much

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

homeless snail posted:

The concept art for the dragon people were way better than the dragon people we got, also, so doesn't mean much

I really don't know why they went with the gender dysmorphiadimorphism, all the other races are great.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 13, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dimorphism. Dysmorphia is something else entirely.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Fister Roboto posted:

Dimorphism. Dysmorphia is something else entirely.

Right-o got my terms mixed up

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Well, I think I like Summoner a little better now.

If you didn't read the notes Ruin 1 is gone, Ruin 2 now becomes 4 on proc (still instant), Ruin 3 is now your default with a normal mp cost that becomes instant during dwt, and tri-bind is actually worth using in dwt.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elliotw2 posted:

It's not accurate if you're not parsing from network data, but it's Close Enough to judge if your group's gonna clear a thing or not.

I've never been able to make it work, looking up a guide for it now so i can explain it in future.

fakeedit: well hell, i found out how to add firewall exceptions and I never knew how to do that. learned something today. as a bonus, I tried parsing and sure enough, i was a bit higher than usual even though i was kinda rusty.

Saint Freak posted:

Well, I think I like Summoner a little better now.

This is more or less exactly what i wanted from SMN when it was made clear that old abilities with upgrades would be removed. I'm glad to see it.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!

Jimbot posted:

Those are the Astrologian AF3 shoes, which have a bit of a goofy platform/skate looking thing down the middle: apparently that's a running theme with AF3 gear. They're what I had on hand when I was taking the screenshot for a goofy debate about underwear in Discord.

Incidentally, stupid thing I learned today: the hempen underwear sets all look different depending on your race (and gender obviously). Elezen get the really nice camisole I was using in that picture, Highladies get about half of a bra for some reason. One I'd have no problem with using as part of a glamour set even if it is a bit, um, unsupportive, the other...not so much.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jinh posted:

fakeedit: well hell, i found out how to add firewall exceptions and I never knew how to do that. learned something today. as a bonus, I tried parsing and sure enough, i was a bit higher than usual even though i was kinda rusty.

As as IT, this hurts me greatly. I am pleased you know this, but upset you didn't know this before.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'll never understand why the Au Ra women are like 5 feet tall at their tallest and the men are like 8 feet tall at their tallest. Every other race are very comparable. Though it's dumb you can't make a Roe woman as stocky as a Roe man.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Does anyone else have issues with 90007 error disconnects, except only when dx11 is enabled? This is the only game giving me trouble and I'm not sure if that's even what's causing it. It doesn't happen when it's running in dx9, but ACT won't work then.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jimbot posted:

I'll never understand why the Au Ra women are like 5 feet tall at their tallest and the men are like 8 feet tall at their tallest. Every other race are very comparable. Though it's dumb you can't make a Roe woman as stocky as a Roe man.

It's because Japan wanted a waifish race and America wanted a big burly race

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

cheetah7071 posted:

Those bunny boys looked rather burly

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I do enjoy being a waif waifu but I will always wish that I could also be a scary monster lady.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah the next race should split the difference the other way, by having burly women and waifish men

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Should've had the two tribes be more like the difference between highlander and midlander.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

But, my character is as short as possible :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i present to you, the next ffxiv race

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Been like borderline broke since finishing my zodiac weapon. Do one Canals run and a Thieves map run and I'm suddenly up 12mill Gil :psyduck:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i present to you, the next ffxiv race

I wish non-humanoid races weren't so much work to implement. I would love the variety.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
[22:14]You discover and obtain a mameshiba─an item most rare!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Viera and Dancer will be announced at the same time.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
70 drg question: Is it possible to do 3 Nastronds under Life of the Dragon? its a 10 sec skill to the 30 sec buff but im always a half sec short in practice.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kuvo posted:

70 drg question: Is it possible to do 3 Nastronds under Life of the Dragon? its a 10 sec skill to the 30 sec buff but im always a half sec short in practice.

yeah it's really easy, I dunno what you're doing wrong but it must be pretty major

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

WrightOfWay posted:

I wish non-humanoid races weren't so much work to implement. I would love the variety.

Ivalice moogles basically have lalafell proportions, at least

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kuvo posted:

Don't use Geir into Nast unless you're above 20 seconds on your Blood of the Dragon duration.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Kuvo posted:

make sure BotD is at 23 secs minimum before going into Life. if you spam Nastrond on cooldown then you will get 3 casts without clipping GCD's; if in doubt, wait until your next Wheeling or Fang cast before entering Life.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
oh im dumb and didn't realize you start Life at what your Blood meter was at when you use Geirskogul. That solved it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kuvo posted:

oh im dumb and didn't realize you start Life at what your Blood meter was at when you use Geirskogul. That solved it.

not strictly true it will give you 20 seconds of lotd by default,

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

homeless snail posted:

You ain't wrong.

For the uninformed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If they add Viera, I hope they don't break established Ivalice lore by adding male Viera.

They ought to limit Viera to female only and then add Bangaa as the male equivalent. There are female Bangaa but if there's any visual difference, it's skin colour (One of Ba'gamnan's cronies is his sister).

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You ain't wrong.

For the uninformed:

[snip. scroll up]

Au Ra were a mistake.