Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

Eagles losing to the Panthers is way more than just possible, imo

Lane Johnson is out and we're away on Thursday Night. We are definitely losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah but Big V will uh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If the Eagles can't win the division this year I just don't know what the gently caress they're waiting for at this point.

The Cowboys may not face Aaron Rodgers every week, but by god we made Trevor Siemian look like a king. This defense couldn't stop a limbless infant. *stares at Eli*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

axeil posted:

Lane Johnson is out and we're away on Thursday Night. We are definitely losing.

The most sure loss ever

Unless like Carolina turns it over 4 times

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wasn’t everybody saying Cam sucked like 2 weeks ago

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He did suck 2 weeks ago. Then he didn't.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

89 posted:

Wasn’t everybody saying Cam sucked like 2 weeks ago

Dak sucked two weeks ago as well

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

shyduck posted:

Giants hate their coach, Cowboys hate their owner, c'mon Redskins don't leave me hangin

They hate their fans.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The Eagles will win tonight. Unless they lose.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/AP/status/918575919052271618

The last game of the suspension would now be the Eagles game and it's during the hardest part of their season. This literally couldn't be more perfect.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Let’s go The Eagles

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

axeil posted:

The last game of the suspension would now be the Eagles game and it's during the hardest part of their season. This literally couldn't be more perfect.

It could only get better if he died.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

axeil posted:

It's just moving it to a new court system and his lawyers will request the exact same temporary injunction. Which will likely be granted

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blue squares posted:

It's just moving it to a new court system and his lawyers will request the exact same temporary injunction. Which will likely be granted

I hope he fondles his lawyers next and gets further suspended for that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

It's probably worse for the Cowboys if the suspension happens next year, tbh.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

But I hope Zeke doesn't assault anyone else. If he does want to rape someone or W/E maybe he can hit up Ben or Jameis?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

well poo poo

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

congrats on the division, Eagles

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Eagles...good?

except those 100+ penalty yards

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Eagles are keeping the proud NFCE tradition of a new division winner each year alive.

Other divisions wish they could this parity.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
If the Eagles can beat Washington in 11 days we will be at minimum 4 games (6-1 vs 3-3 plus tiebreaker) up on 2nd place in the division with the chance for it to be 5 if Washington loses this week (6-1 vs 2-4 plus tiebreaker).

:stare:

If Dallas loses its game as well next week the standings would look like this:

axeil fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 13, 2017

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Congrats, Eagles fans. I went through this kind of season last year. I hope things fall apart next year!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
plan the parade

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tom Sellout posted:

Congrats, Eagles fans. I went through this kind of season last year. I hope things fall apart next year!

I'm sure they will! It's the NFC East way!

I do miss the "everyone is 7-9" clownball era though. Those games were hilarious.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tom Sellout posted:

Eagles are keeping the proud NFCE tradition of a new division winner each year alive.

May I interest you in this NFCs, which IIRC has only had one repeat winner since 2002?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Tom Sellout posted:

I don't really see it that way. This is more like the start of the Reid era where the Eagles are on their way to becoming the dominant team in the NFC East and they are going to run off 4 or 5 in a row.

Tom Sellout posted:

Dallas is a mediocre team propped up by a few star players. The Eagles have more talent throughout their roster.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

You’re far too optimistic to be a true Philly fan. Brace yourself for disappointment until the parade is happening.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

HatfulOfHollow posted:

You’re far too optimistic to be a true Philly fan. Brace yourself for disappointment until the parade is happening.

I've been an Eagles fan for too long to feel disappointment. I am a big fan of the current GM and the player personnel team. I see the current/future holes in the roster and think we have the best people to fill them.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

Dallas is a mediocre team propped up by a few star players. The Eagles have more talent throughout their roster.

Yeah, Dallas has been this way for a very long time. They're starting to hit on their draft picks, though. Their third round corner is already the best on the team, the second and sixth rounders both figure to be significant defensive backs, and last year's third rounder is a pretty good pass rushing defensive tackle. Don't forget the youth of the Smith, Martin, Frederick, Collins, Dak, and Zeke. They're primed to provide a strong core for several years, but there are a lot of question marks and aging players throughout the rest of the roster. I think similar of the Eagles, for what it's worth, expect their young core is geared much more toward the defensive side than the offensive, and their aging players are performing much better this season.

We're primed for a bunch of good years between these two teams. The Giants have almost no young core at all. They're a huge loving mess. Washington isn't quite as bleak, but the lack of talented youth is also a major concern. Cowboys and Eagles will run this division for the next several years barring some unlikely drafts. Look forward to this rivalry catching fire once again.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 13, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Tom Sellout posted:

Yeah, Dallas has been this way for a very long time. They're starting to hit on their draft picks, though. Their third round corner is already the best on the team, the second and sixth rounders both figure to be significant defensive backs, and last year's third rounder is a pretty good pass rushing defensive tackle. Don't forget the youth of the Smith, Martin, Frederick, Collins, Dak, and Zeke. They're primed to provide a strong core for several years, but there are a lot of question marks and aging players throughout the rest of the roster. I think similar of the Eagles, for what it's worth, expect their young core is geared much more toward the defensive side than the offensive, and their aging players are performing much better this season.

We're primed for a bunch of good years between these two teams. The Giants have almost no young core at all. They're a huge loving mess. Washington isn't quite as bleak, but the lack of talented youth is also a major concern. Cowboys and Eagles will run this division for the next several years barring some unlikely drafts. Look forward to this rivalry catching fire once again.

I mean the Giants are a massively flawed team, but Odell and Landon are one hell of a building block imo.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm starting to hope Zeke loses his case and gets his suspension out of the way now

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The best case scenario is Zeke not appealing and taking the suspension this season since they’re basically done already. Dragging it into next year would be a terrible move. I hope that’s what he does.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Next 3 games at home for the Eagles, great road win last night and the team look to be brimming with confidence.

El Patron fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 13, 2017

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

good thing the eagles have a home field disadvantage

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Chichevache posted:

I mean the Giants are a massively flawed team, but Odell and Landon are one hell of a building block imo.

Odell and Landon is all they have

e: all of the young core

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 13, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
When the season started the Giants looked like a fairly decent team. on defense...a really good DL with Hankins/Vernon/JPP, some talented DBs with Collins/DRC/Jenkins, no linebackers but that's okay I guess. On paper the offense had a still-alright QB, a really elite WR, a really good young WR and a solid old possession WR...no run game and a few terrible OL but that's okay too I guess.

It's on McAdoo entirely, ignoring the injuries which no team can really help

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I can't wait for the eagles to drop 5 in a row.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't wait for the eagles to drop 5 in a row.

Make sure you remind us in 2026

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
18-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

blue squares posted:

I'm starting to hope Zeke loses his case and gets his suspension out of the way now

Best case is to serve it now. This season's hosed for them, next season is too if he's out 6 games then

• Locked thread