Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I am a grown woman helping two children berate their mother for not packing the right Disney movies, surely this will make me look like the bigger person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
I didn't know Einstein knew kung fu.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Yeah but like, where did the apple even come from?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

What sorta poo poo prank is that anyway

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Yeah, that's really more of a "maim wild animal in front of others" than a "prank."

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
but really, it was STDH.

also, I'm Albert loving Einstein's kung fu skills

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"I used bullet time because time is relative. It's simple physics, my dear boy"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Verisimilidude posted:

changing my wifi to ALL CUPS ARE BUTTHOLES post-haste

renaming your wifi to I CAN HEAR YOU loving LIKE HORNY REPTILES is a great way of dealing with noisy neighbours fyi

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sebmojo posted:

renaming your wifi to I CAN HEAR YOU loving LIKE HORNY REPTILES is a great way of dealing with noisy neighbours fyi

Oh poo poo I missed my chance of naming it TELL YOUR DAUGHTER TO STOP loving IN THE ATTIC THE CEILING ISN'T SOUND-PROOF

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
If I ever move to an English speaking country I'll jump on the occasion to name it "tell my Wi-Fi love her".

For now since the French pronounce it wee fee I'm running with "veni vidi wifi".

PYF Wi-Fi network name.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My brother wanted to name ours Doctor Billy's Log Flume Adventure.

I don't know why.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I feel Newton would be a better fit here.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Murdering a bird sure is a great prank.

Also no physicist would ever said "I calculated the velocity, taking speed and force into account". It's such a clunky way of saying "trajectory".

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

"Wu-Tang LAN" for my poo poo and "Notorious BGP" for guests. Pretty sure I stole both of those from the 'POS.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Mine is named Troy and Abed in the Modem.

... I've had it a while and just never bothered changing it. Well, that's my story, thanks for reading.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If anyone is ever in Turku and needs wi-fi near the station just PM me for the password to poo poo-butt3000.

I'm not clever, sorry.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Due to my love of keeping old kit up and running, mine is LANOfTheDead (and LANOfTheDeadGuest).

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Can we make everybody naming their dumbass Wi-Fi routers a shit_that_doesnt_happen_in_this_thread.txt, tia

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
To clarify, that's actually the name of my Wi-Fi router. Yeah, I'm p quirky and nerdy :3

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

this is somthing about video mans fandom and a small child that didn't happen in school or something

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

axolotl farmer posted:

this is somthing about video mans fandom and a small child that didn't happen in school or something

Good. Also gently caress Genji mains.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Cat Detector Van for life. :colbert:

content:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

TheKennedys posted:

content:

Unless that is a teacher who writes dates the european way for some reason, it's interesting that they quoted a movie that wouldn't come out for 19 days in the US (although I guess they could have gotten it from the trailers, but still, it didn't happen).

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Unless that is a teacher who writes dates the european way for some reason, it's interesting that they quoted a movie that wouldn't come out for 19 days in the US (although I guess they could have gotten it from the trailers, but still, it didn't happen).

It's based on books, though, so they could claim it came from that because the kids knew the movie was coming out. I still like your detective work. We need more of that and less "it probably happened because this similar thing almost happened to someone I know". You know, exactly what I did.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
while I'm here, could someone repost the best version of the Atheist Professor stdh (the one with the bear wreathed in holy fire, "I'M THE ONE YOU WANT", etc)? I know it's like 20 places in this thread but it hasn't come up in a while and I need it for reasons.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.
One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.
Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.
At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.
The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Holy shi

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You mean the normal way? MM/DD/YYYY is an American thing. Also "pupil" is generally a British term, so it's likely that this detention didn't happen in Europe.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

EKDS5k posted:

You mean the normal way? MM/DD/YYYY is an American thing. Also "pupil" is generally a British term, so it's likely that this detention didn't happen in Europe.

:jerkbag: it's the normal way in the us and canada.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

EKDS5k posted:

The objectively correct way is YYYY/MM/DD

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Trash Boat posted:

I am a grown woman helping two children berate their mother for not packing the right Disney movies, surely this will make me look like the bigger person.

I started on the woman's side, because there are adults who only cater to boys and expect girls to suck it up because they're "more mature." The longer it went, though, the worse she got.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

The objectively correct way is YYYY/MM/DD

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tunicate posted:

The objectively correct way is Y/YMDYYM/D

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheKennedys posted:

content:

OK this might be some Americans/Brits-are-just-weird thing but who the gently caress put's Mrs. in front of their signature?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

EKDS5k posted:

The point was that if the date was March 4 (MM/DD), the movie hadn't come out yet, since it premiered on March 23. If it was April 3 - the European way (DD/MM) - then it had.

Jerry Cotton posted:

OK this might be some Americans/Brits-are-just-weird thing but who the gently caress put's Mrs. in front of their signature?

That's a pretty typical Teacher Thing in the lower grades.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Today I actually witnessed a large group of strangers break into applause after someone got told off.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Samfucius posted:

Today I actually witnessed a large group of strangers break into applause after someone got told off.

I wonder if stdh summoned that into real life, much like clapping on planes was popular for a while.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Besesoth posted:

That's a pretty typical Teacher Thing in the lower grades.

Seriously? hosed up if true. Are lower grade teachers imbeciles or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriously? hosed up if true. Are lower grade teachers imbeciles or something?

No? When your six-year-old's teacher signs her name as Mrs. So-and-so on something she sends home with your kid, it's not because she's too stupid to recall her full name. It's because that's what the six-year-old knows her as and kids of that age are typically young enough to not realize that teachers are actual people with full names and lives outside of school.