Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Concept art is concept art. There's always a boatload of concept art that never went anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If they add Viera, I hope they don't break established Ivalice lore by adding male Viera.

They ought to limit Viera to female only and then add Bangaa as the male equivalent. There are female Bangaa but if there's any visual difference, it's skin colour (One of Ba'gamnan's cronies is his sister).

Au Ra were a mistake.

Noooo in 1.0 you could only have female Miquote and I think male Roe. I personally hate gendered races. It just seems odd. Like that game with the dumb system where only certain genders get certain classes, it's an arbitrary constraint.

I really like the buff bunnies because it would be the first time we've seen them.

Au Ra were a mistake, I agree. Post-concept art I mean.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 13, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Should've had the two tribes be more like the difference between highlander and midlander.

Yeah, I wish the other races had more of a difference between the two versions like the humans instead of "well this version has different skin colors and their nose is different".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Noooo in 1.0 you could only have female Miquote and I think male Roe. I personally hate gendered races. It just seems odd. Like that game with the dumb system where only certain genders get certain classes, it's an arbitrary constraint.

No way, with proper world building, it's an interesting thing to pull off. Not every species on earth has a close to 50/50 sex divide. Some creatures don't even adhere to what we'd consider sexes, are born hermaphrodites or change sex depending on conditions.

Locking classes and stats based on the sex of character you choose is garbage but having monosex races is totally fine when built upon properly. It's stupid when the game has a race like Miqo'te where the males are massively rare incomparison to the females but then you see every tom, dick and harry playing catboys. Viera have always been a largely matriarchal society where males are few in number and protected, there's no need to change that by letting everyone and their uncle suddenly start playing them.

The biggest problem with adding Viera to me is that even though I like how they've been portrayed throughout their appearances and their lore and such, they're just tall humans with rabbit ears.
Miqo'te, Lala and Roe are slightly edited FFXI races so whatever. Elezen are elves, they're the same in everything unless they're miniture pixie things. Au Ra was a real opportunity to do something different but they just went with something goth teens and waifu kids would play.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 13, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
agreed, the lore should be written where it makes sense to see a lot of the races people want to play

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I mean, you can just go "These aren't Viera these are Valla they live in the Galmurr Forest they have an equal gender ratio and they're from Finland not Iceland :)"

but that that point you can make the decision to say eh gently caress that that's dumb try again poo poo's just lazy.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Locking classes and stats based on the sex of character you choose is garbage but having monosex races is totally fine when built upon properly. It's stupid when the game has a race like Miqo'te where the males are massively rare incomparison to the females but then you see every tom, dick and harry playing catboys.

Are you playing the same game as the rest of us? By virtue of not being "catgirl", male miqote population stats on a global census are 25% lower than female miqote, and if you go to one of the websites that has some sort of filter for "active" population, that number drops to over 50% lower. They are described as insular, but I don't even think the phrase "rare" is ever used specifically by any of the media related to the game.

e: vvv yes, but that's different

Emalde fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 13, 2017

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I mean do you also get pissed off that the warrior of light is supposed to be uniquely special and there are 800 other equally strong adventurers running around kugane?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stormgale posted:

I mean do you also get pissed off that the warrior of light is supposed to be uniquely special and there are 800 other equally strong adventurers running around kugane?

No, because I am the best player so there are no equally strong players duh

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Yes

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Join TPT today!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is there any way to make Wanderer's Palace's final boss not be a complete pain in the rear end with squaddies if you're not tanking? I've found you just have to spam Engage on the boss and just heal in between mashing

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Is there any way to make Wanderer's Palace's final boss not be a complete pain in the rear end with squaddies if you're not tanking? I've found you just have to spam Engage on the boss and just heal in between mashing

I was mad that the dumb tank kept running to kill the adds, so I killed the adds first. I call it the 'kill the adds' strategy, like and subscribe below

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Doesn't killing the adds make one of the kings attacks more powerful though?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, don't kill the adds in the Tonberry King fight. Kill too many Tonberries and you'll get killed by his rancor attack.

Mash Enagage so that they remain focused on the boss. It has the added benefit of being glitched so it dies quickly at the moment but that will still be the optimal strat once they fix that.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Filthy Haiku posted:

Join TPT today!

Shirogane was a mistake, give me the old Mist house back. :gonk:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Doesn't killing the adds make one of the kings attacks more powerful though?

It does, and since the tank isn't really tanking, it generally means the king will now one-shot your archer/your healer/you.

Don't run WP with squaddies as DPS :suicide:

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

You're better off just going about it as tank, with one conjurer and two archer squadies. The biggest problem with Wanderer's Palace at that point becomes them not being able to deal with the unforgettable tonberries, but there's another way around that... By just not doing Wanderer's Palace. They're much more effective in Stone Vigil, and you get almost the same rewards, it's slightly less Squad EXP, but they also can get through the place without any major issue in about 12 minutes. You get the emotes etc. after completing 10 dungeons with them regardless of the level of the dungeon.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Filthy Haiku posted:

Join TPT today!

I see PCD's sex dungeon has a sister.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ibblebibble posted:

I see PCD's sex dungeon has a sister.

we're speaking with our solicitor

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sex dungeons are old hat, real G's do it outside in Shirogane.
https://webmshare.com/play/xO786

embeds arent working, lucky people!!!

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Oct 13, 2017

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Countblanc posted:

Ivalice moogles basically have lalafell proportions, at least

Ivalice moogles are actually one of the more viable options since you could basically rig them up to the potato skeleton without too much issue. I think it'd be funny if they added them instead of Viera. I'd probably fantasia over to one, I like the ivalice moogle design.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i would switch to ivalice moogle in a heartbeat

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sex dungeons are old hat, real G's do it outside in Shirogane.
https://webmshare.com/play/xO786

embeds arent working, lucky people!!!

embeds work fine, you just don't know how to do it :v:

https://s1.webmshare.com/xO786.webm

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm kind of disappointed that the enemy encounters in the hidden canals are identical to lost canals, just 30 ilevels higher. At least for the first four rooms, after three thief maps that's all the farther we got. No Press Your Luck either.

A matanga minion dropped though so let's see how many tens of millions it'll sell for.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I did WP as a warrior with cnj/arc/acn and it went pretty smooth. I usually go with arcanist instead of dual archer because even though they don't do as much damage, they aoe like mofos and supplement healing on big pulls.

Never had the stalker get close to me, but we did have to take an alternate route in the rusty device room.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

embeds work fine, you just don't know how to do it :v:

snip

Might just be a chrome version whatever I'm on thing then because I did the same thing you've done.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i would switch to ivalice moogle in a heartbeat

Same, even though I've decided to never use my freebie Fantasia, that would break my resolve.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
This is the one game I've ever played where I'm completely satisfied with my created character, a highlady. I'd make an alt character before changing her to another race.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Might just be a chrome version whatever I'm on thing then because I did the same thing you've done.

interesting, it worked fine when I posted it :shrug:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I keep trying other races but black catgirl is all I know. Au ra was tiny and the run animation felt floaty to me somehow, like I was ice skating. Giraffe lady was fun for a bit, it's nice not having a tail on some outfits since the clipping can be hell but the emotes aren't as expressive as catgirl imo. Lala has the most expressive emotes but I like my place at the top of the food chain.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jinh posted:

I keep trying other races but black catgirl is all I know. Au ra was tiny and the run animation felt floaty to me somehow, like I was ice skating. Giraffe lady was fun for a bit, it's nice not having a tail on some outfits since the clipping can be hell but the emotes aren't as expressive as catgirl imo. Lala has the most expressive emotes but I like my place at the top of the food chain.

yeah except

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCUvx2BExZI

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I despise everything about Lalafell.

I'm happy with my boring Midlady except for their weird rear end dainty run, which just feels unfitting for someone who is meant to be battle hardened.

It'd be sick if they gave every race an extra run/walk cycle you could toggle.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Use spring or pull your weapon, then it works ok.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I despise everything about Lalafell.

I'm happy with my boring Midlady except for their weird rear end dainty run, which just feels unfitting for someone who is meant to be battle hardened.

It'd be sick if they gave every race an extra run/walk cycle you could toggle.

If they gave alt-glams for movement or moves via mogstations I'm pretty sure they'd double their revenue in a day.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Running around with a weapon out or sprinting absolutely everywhere looks pretty off for different reasons though.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Running around with a weapon out or sprinting absolutely everywhere looks pretty off for different reasons though.

If you aren't constantly Naruto-ing around as a ninja then what are you even doing with your life?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The sprint for mch makes you hold the weapon with two hands but I use the little pistol so my second hand is just kind of groping air.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thundarr posted:

If you aren't constantly Naruto-ing around as a ninja then what are you even doing with your life?

I took Ninja through a GC dungeon earlier today and it was the first time I'd touched the class since A Realm Reborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
The rdm weapon out run is insanely badass and sprint amps it up to unheard of anime levels