Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

The Titanic posted:

Can I... can I tell you a secret?

Hold on to your panties though because this is going to blow you away.

Are you ready?

Ok. Here we go:

The backers don’t actually play games.

They don’t even play Star Citizen when it iterates out.

The game they’re in is a meta social game, and they’re already playing it.

Star Citizen coming out would actually hurt the game they’re currently winning at and enjoying.

They won’t gravitate to another game because they don’t actually want to play the game.

What will eventually happen though is people will get bored. The ELE as it happens may just be the simple fact that they no longer want to spend money on lies. Once their buddies leave their discord’s, and the role play dries up, and there are too many holes in the lore, and the reality of the game solidifies, it comes apart.

I don’t have links to my blog, but I’ll say it again:

Star Citizen coming out and being developed will kill Star Citizen.

It’s fuel is the dreams and fantasies of 40-something’s who are fighting to rekindle a lost art they fondly recall from their youth. CR came in at almost the perfect time to capitalize on this midlife crisis group. Instead of buying their own Porsche’s they’re blowing their money on space ships.

The guys on reddit aren’t funding anything. They’ve already spent their meager amount of money and CIG can collect no more from them. Their defense also isn’t helping anything because the guys funding it ignore them too.

The mmo is happening right now. Once they win it, the money goes away. They won’t invest in another game either. This is the childhood memory game, and soon the midlife crisis will end.

As they get closer to leaving crisis, they’re going to want their money back, too. They’ll probably pay for lawyers as well because they have money to burn from successful and lucrative careers.

The other side of them are the people waiting for it to come out. 3.0 is “that turning point”. The group who isn’t role playing is waiting in the shadows for when their new Eve Online appears. They’ve been lead, oh so wrongly, to believe 3.0 is “that product”.

People are wondering “why stop refunds now? Why before unveiling 3.0 and their biggest achievement??? They’re spoiling their best, possibly last, big opportunity!!”

And I feel you’re only getting half the picture. The other half is what the evocati fuckers have, and are likely filling up their mail with problems. 3.0 is hosed, and it’s bad, and it looks like and plays like a joke of a game; not something a multinational company has been working on 24/7 for over 5 years.

This “stop the refunds now!” is a preemptive play to kill the silent majority of big money whales, waiting in the shadows, who have been paying all along, buying all the stuff, no doubt being fed lies about 3.0 in different methods of communication. Either special forums, private one on one email with their preferred employees, etc.

So really, there’s two fantasy groups who are huge benefactors who need to be stopped before they pull their money out.

1: The fantasy role players playing the game right now (and are almost done with it)

2: The silent majority led to believe 3.0 is where things get real and they can join in to the huge Eve-like mmo universe with a custom character and awesome fleet

Both groups represent huge $$$. Both are about to tucker on out or get real pissed.

Anyhow that’s my hot take. I’m sending this scoop to pixelemonade right now!

Your posts make me rub

e: Coute's & Co payment

Quavers fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

intardnation posted:

Zane still there! Wow thought he would have been out.

He looks like he'd prefer to be somewhere else.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

Ricky Jutley (Senior Producer)
Yep, I think it's TUESDAYS basically, I think moving forward TUESDAYS will incorporate the live sync within the director's sync, and the PU will have to go first, and people obviously listen to that kind of stuff, and um, that will be the way that TUESDAYS has to kind of run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbjv_thchBo&t=106s

2010 QA tester on lego games > 2013 Lego games production > 2015 CIG Project Manager > 2017 CIG Senior Producer

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I made archered a Crobbler

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbjv_thchBo&t=106s

2010 QA tester on lego games > 2013 Lego games production > 2015 CIG Project Manager > 2017 CIG Senior Producer

:cripes:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

tuo posted:

I made archered a Crobbler

wth, he doesnt even move his hands

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

AutismVaccine posted:

what what?

e: Ask Dennis, you're computer is borked

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

AutismVaccine posted:

The animation is wearing pants... fail.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

He's a senior producer because everyone else appears to be 14.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

tuo posted:

what what?

e: Ask Dennis, you're computer is borked

drat, you didnt get the joke.

Chris is moving his hands so much/fast, you cant replicate that with a gif.

e: and there are pants. thanks for pointing it out

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 13, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

AP posted:

He's a senior producer because everyone else appears to be 14.

It saves money to have 14yr olds working. They dont talk back so much and dont know their rights.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

WHAT IF STAR CITIZENS ARE 14yr OLDS?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AutismVaccine posted:

WHAT IF STAR CITIZENS ARE 14yr OLDS?

Not quite. 14 is the age at which a girl ceases to be sexually attractive to a Star Citizen.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Bofast posted:

Doesn't this qualify as anime? MODS?!?

Plz no.

intardnation posted:

but why pay all that money then to not get full completion? That would kinda bum me out.
But if the game is that good I guess you could kinda over look it but for me it is a no go.
I dont mind grind in mmos but not in single player $80 (Can) games.

Because interacting with the nemesis system and meeting new and cool orc bros is fun and good?

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 13, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Erin reminds me of the before/after Civil War Abe Lincoln pic.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sunswipe posted:

Not quite. 14 is the age at which a girl ceases to be sexually attractive to a Star Citizen.

And i always thought Star Citizen Backers are well adjusted people. Like that dressed up bunny guy.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Chris is wearing two watches

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

BloodyScab posted:

Chris is wearing two watches
This way, he never runs out of time.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

Is shopping and cargo "experience" the next important features that the avocados get to test in the upcoming pre-alpha patch 3.0 build (apparently at least a month from now)? How lucky are they, huh Chris?

I'm glad of it.

And gently caress Crobblz for wanting everyone else to see the big picture he is seeing. Evocati are not professional QA testers; they are people who want to play a game at some point and five years in are probably getting tired of that frame of bullshit promises with actual fun gameplay nowhere in sight.

He’s talking loving nonsense. Jira into someone’s bucket? They need a real manager who doesn’t look like he rolled out of bed ten minutes earlier.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Well it ain't no kind of McDonalds Farm AH dun herd of!

* lyrics
* Four-part harmoneeeeeee
* Regulation parps and kazoos
* Dance with yer cat if ya got 'em (mine did not approve, be warned).
* brickwall compreshun an stuff

:five::five::five: Dude when's your album dropping?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wow that was almost the right thread.

How about anime is great instead?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also Erin and Ben seem to have an inhouse competition about who can gain more weight

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wuxi posted:

Also Erin and Ben seem to have an inhouse competition about who can gain more weight

The employee breakroom feels grief.

Also love the daily theorycrafting thread on reddit. Today's is transporting people.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TL;DR:

"We're hosed"
-> "Yep, we're hosed"
----> "Yep, CIG lied"
----> "By my koolaid broken logic, it's your fault, not CIG's"
-------> "You're wrong, doofus"
-------> "Eh?"
----------> "Translation: 'nonsense bullshit' that still makes more sense"
----> "Shush, updates will be faster, have some koolaid"

:wtchris:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Hav posted:

Also, youse guys really need to look at entropy. Abstraction of time as a construct is fine, but chemical processes tend to run in a single direction, and thus far there's been no obvious reversal of entropy. Or some poo poo.

You down with entropy?

Yeah, you know me.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

If anyone spots anything else needing transcribed just post, I'm not listening to any more of that poo poo right now

Observations:
CR looks ill
The devs are quite clearly past giving a gently caress, the way a couple of the UK guys look at each other when CR starts speaking absolute codshit over the skype is amazing
And the craziest thing is that the devs are all kids, when did that happen

Also the audio quality for the Chris and Sandi bits has gone to complete poo poo in these last couple of videos, the new sound guy sucks

We love you man. You're doing God's work. Because Goddamn, this guy waffles like a whiny little bitch.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

... like a whiny little bitch.

Hahaha. I mean... wow.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Wuxi posted:

I know everyone is bored with "Ben fat" but it was :gonk: to see that photo from 2012 and compare his size then until now.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

SomethingJones posted:

And the craziest thing is that the devs are all kids, when did that happen

For the last 2 years the only people CIG has been able to hire are college kids desperate to get into the games industry.

Just wait until they find out that having Star Citizen on their resume is going to keep them from ever getting a job in games again.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

alphabettitouretti posted:

New kickstarter: high concept sci-fi graphic novel about a time traveler who shows up at major historical events just to sit there and give disapproving looks.

So a better Doctor Who?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ewe2 posted:

Well it ain't no kind of McDonalds Farm AH dun herd of!

* lyrics
* Four-part harmoneeeeeee
* Regulation parps and kazoos
* Dance with yer cat if ya got 'em (mine did not approve, be warned).
* brickwall compreshun an stuff

And the oscar for best original score goes to....

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

Hahaha. I mean... wow.

Incredible.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ComfyPants posted:

These people look so happy to be working here, and thankful for Chris's direction.

If I'm in a meeting with the head of my department and the head of my entire organization you can better believe the loving phone will be staying in my pocket. I think it's pretty telling that the senior folks (senior as in old) don't give a poo poo and are doing their own thing while Chris blabs on about whatever idiotic bullshit he thinks is relevant. They clearly don't respect him, and he's too oblivious to notice.

alphabettitouretti posted:

This guy is my hero.

Zane is a really great guy. Talented artist, ridiculously friendly, I hope he's doing well in spite of working for this shitshow. He was incredibly kind to me when I toured CIG a few years ago.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Cant blame those guys. Just imagine working under Chris for like longer than 3 months.

Jesus Christ, those poor souls

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Reputable shops and stores don't take months to refund an account.

Healthy businesses don't need to beg people to stay.

Smart staff don't require excessive time or the client themselves to figure out how much is owed, by whom, and how.

Respectful employees don't threaten leavers, vaguely or otherwise.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The only time a refund should take anything more than a few days is if the store/company needs the physical item returned in the mail.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
A good database should allow workers to find out all the information they need within minutes, barring lack of training or inexperience.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

tane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nude Tane