Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

RanKizama posted:

Well, just wrapped up Okeanos. Drake is a goodie.

Should I grail Mata Hari to 85 or wait to bump up someone else?

In 3 days it'll be the 100th anniversary of her execution :rip:

I know the answer is "Anime" but why is Heroic servant Mata Hari so stacked when the real life one was, well, rather not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think francis drake had big titties either

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Endorph posted:

I mean the truth may never be known

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Galaga Galaxian posted:

In 3 days it'll be the 100th anniversary of her execution :rip:

I know the answer is "Anime" but why is Heroic servant Mata Hari so stacked when the real life one was, well, rather not.

The real Mata Hari was also a terrible, terrible spy.

Servant Mata Hari (while also useless due to the nature of FGO)is a huge upgrade in ability over the real woman because she embodies the legend of the glamorous female spy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There were those "before the servant become heroic spirit" art in the official magazine but not officially stated as canon. I can't find them.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And when people think of female spy, I guess the huge baps come to mind.

Mata Hari is one of those Servants whose design I really love and I've drawn fanart of her twice, but I... never use her...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh dear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/75z0ku/tifu_by_going_full_whale_mode/

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

But Fate Drake was actually Queen Elizabeth playing Drake's role.

quote:

In addition - and this is merely literary creation - there is also a story full of romance in which Drake was a companion of Queen Elizabeth and, just before setting sail for the world circumnavigation, switched places with the Queen, who could no longer go out in public due to receiving a wound on her face.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they kind of flipflop on that

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Endorph posted:

they kind of flipflop on that

It originated from a time where they were still justifying genderbends.

Either they finally realized that the multiverse setting means that any character can be any gender, or they knew all along and decided the readers no longer cared.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dammit no Claws in the Halloween Shop, was hoping I wouldn't have to keep farming that 15 AP quest in Septem, but I guess I hafta.

At least there are Dragon Scales for Lancelot and Vlad.

http://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2017%2F1013_event_pumpkin%2F

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 13, 2017

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Randomzx posted:

:aaaaa:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

It originated from a time where they were still justifying genderbends.

Either they finally realized that the multiverse setting means that any character can be any gender, or they knew all along and decided the readers no longer cared.

To me it's more that they just don't care at this point. Full alternate universe characters like Musashi being a girl (but a man in FGO's homeverse) are rare. They just don't really bother justifying it anymore. Long ago, it was just a funny thing to bring up. People wouldn't know anything about Fate except that it featured a female King Arthur. Now, it's just shrug, bring on the servants for people to roll on.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Randomzx posted:

/Extra brings this up and then almost immediately goes "lol na".

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna try to train myself to not spend Quartz every time I can by setting myself a goal of accumulating 300 Quartz and 50 Tickets before spending again. Wish me luck!

I got 400 quartz and 39 tickets. You can do this! Try to find some interludes to finish. I've been trying to get all my servants to their first ascension and a few choice ones to ascension 2 just for their interludes. Just make sure to do the master missions as early as you can so you can free up your AP for random mats and xp.

So is it worth dumping points into the friend gacha during Halloween? I can do about 80 10-rolls, but I don't know what else I should be saving these for. I already trained myself to be disappointed in the gacha since I still haven't gotten Ushi.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

/Extra brings this up and then almost immediately goes "lol na".

But it didn't even do that. Hell, the localized version was missing that description in the Matrix info background due to a mistake. and you only see that information after you defeat Drake.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Okay, so I pretty much can't ascend Marie past 70 until London comes out, right?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The new ascension dailies are so awesome. Thanks to some pretty liberal use of golden fruit I just fully ascended Drake.

E: 9mil to grail a 5*, lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

U-DO Burger posted:

The new ascension dailies are so awesome. Thanks to some pretty liberal use of golden fruit I just fully ascended Drake.

E: 9mil to grail a 5*, lol

I'm saving my Grails for later use, like Bunyan and Kiritsugu and Emiya Alter. :popeye:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My current crisis is that I really, really need to unload some gold XP cards, as I'm super close to 300 cards/servants and my second archive is completely full. If I can get just one Phoenix Plume I'll be able to max ascend Cu and clear out a massive chunk; I can even grail him if necessary, as I was planning on doing that.

I guess if I fail I can just dump some into David as I've ignore him thus far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In 20 hours the latest stream goes up for JP FGO to talk about EoR3, Halloween 3 potentially, and maybe some other stuff who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBhhtUdxvB4

Join in for quartz, Nobu yelling at the top of his lungs, and some skit where Mafia fights the green screen

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 13, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Okay, so I pretty much can't ascend Marie past 70 until London comes out, right?
there are gears in the gudaguda event shop

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I've been going on levelling sprees whenever I get over 230, since on a normal non-1/2 AP day, its just over the safe limit for using the whole days AP on 40AP XP. Except, after a few days of this 1/2AP period,since a lot of folks are at the cusp of 2nd ascension, I'm running out of people I can level efficiently. I'm going to have to overcome my aversion to levelling people with cards outside their class, because the alternative is burning ascension materials on them...

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
About how many gold Caster EXP cards will it take to max out Halloween McLongfingers?

Endorph posted:

there are gears in the gudaguda event shop

When is that?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Clawtopsy posted:

About how many gold Caster EXP cards will it take to max out Halloween McLongfingers?
According to this calculator, you will need 264 caster gold XP cards or 316 non-class cards to get her up to max level.

quote:

When is that?
When Aniplex decides it will be.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

When is that?
After halloween, before Christmas. Probably.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I'm at work trying not to work and I can't seem to get the spreadsheet open. Can someone tell me where the prime spot to farm Dragon Fangs in Okeanos is?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

After halloween, before Christmas. Probably.

For the love of god, please release Gudaguda before Saber Wars, I can't hold onto my quartz if Mysterious Assassin X is on the menu.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

RanKizama posted:

I'm at work trying not to work and I can't seem to get the spreadsheet open. Can someone tell me where the prime spot to farm Dragon Fangs in Okeanos is?

Island of Wyverns. It's at the top left corner of the map.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RanKizama posted:

wyvern island

not sure if thats the exact name but its the one thats named after dragons/wyverns and you fight nothing but wyverns/dragons

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
youdarealmvp.jpg

Thanks!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Isle of the Dire Swallows :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Isle of the Dire Swallows :v:

isle of the dragons that arent lancers sumanai

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blight Runner posted:

I got 400 quartz and 39 tickets. You can do this! Try to find some interludes to finish. I've been trying to get all my servants to their first ascension and a few choice ones to ascension 2 just for their interludes. Just make sure to do the master missions as early as you can so you can free up your AP for random mats and xp.

So is it worth dumping points into the friend gacha during Halloween? I can do about 80 10-rolls, but I don't know what else I should be saving these for. I already trained myself to be disappointed in the gacha since I still haven't gotten Ushi.

The problem isn't gathering the Quartz, it's resisting the siren call of the gacha.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wake up in the dead of the night. I am in a cold sweat, and I clutch at my chest.

Though the nightmare is fading, the words of the creature that had loomed over my bed and leered at me remain fresh in my memory. I can hear it even now, a mocking whisper that sears my mind.

"You can save up 2000 quartz, and still fail to roll Jeanne Alter."

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"You know what you have to do"

Whispered the creature, as it put a credit card in your hand.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lt. Lizard posted:

"You know what you have to do"

Whispered the creature, as it put a credit card in your hand.

As long as it's not my credit card!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Oh hell yeah, all these dragons and wyverns are Riders. My Mata Hari is being legitimately useful! 8 more fangs in the bank!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

As long as it's not my credit card!

The gacha cares not about origin of the money, only that its fed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In many ways, I’m more excited about the upcoming 3-Star Servants like Babbage and Billy the Kid and Taiga-Sensei than the 4/5-Stars I mostly won’t roll.