Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

There's gonna be a dog in a pool. Guarantee it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Wonder if they'll make daily housekeeping mandatory for those rooms.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Yes, but imagine.

Dog Only Pool.

It'd be magic.

But for real, it'd be nice if Disney also created Dog Friendly zones in the resort. A dog park or something would be nice to give their pets a place to burn energy and not barking for 7 hours straight.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Yes, but imagine.

Dog Only Pool.

It'd be magic.

But for real, it'd be nice if Disney also created Dog Friendly zones in the resort. A dog park or something would be nice to give their pets a place to burn energy and not barking for 7 hours straight.

This would be really cool. Hopefully they do it.

As for the entire thing, sorry but no sorry I support anything that involves more dogs everywhere. This means when I stay at Port Orleans I’ll be 100% more likely to pet dogs walking around. Yesssss.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Looks like there's gonna be some Halloween Trader Sam's cups again. Better go get in line if you want one.

I went to Polynesian today and saw a long queue and decided to get in line to see what it was for...

They said it was the three hitchhiking ghosts from haunted mansion.

I also had to get this while I was there...

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Aaaaand they're already on ebay for $200. Good poo poo.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Was hoping to grab one as a Xmas present when I go down to visit for MNSSHP but I immediately gave up hope as I remember it selling out quickly last year as well.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Biggz posted:

I ... saw a long queue and decided to get in line to see what it was for...

That is hilariously Disney.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Biggz posted:

I went to Polynesian today and saw a long queue and decided to get in line to see what it was for...

They said it was the three hitchhiking ghosts from haunted mansion.

I also had to get this while I was there...

The mai tai glass is still my favorite of them all (and favorite drink too).
I made our Uhoah into a bamboo planter

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Kilometers Davis posted:

This would be really cool. Hopefully they do it.

As for the entire thing, sorry but no sorry I support anything that involves more dogs everywhere. This means when I stay at Port Orleans I’ll be 100% more likely to pet dogs walking around. Yesssss.

:yeah: This is my take as well. Dogs own and this will get me to actually stay in a Disney hotel (w/Disney prices) for the first time.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

couldcareless posted:

I too max out my score on buzz lightyear every time and not tell my wife the secret high score spots just to drive her insane.
Always makes for fun betting my brother I can get a higher score than him.

I do this on MiB whenever I go. My last trip was by myself and a dad daughter team rode with me. Start of the ride he was very sure he was going to have top score, I said "no you're not, and loser buys the winner a butterbeer" he was so amused by me maxing out that he also bought me a shot

couldcareless posted:

Looks like there's gonna be some Halloween Trader Sam's cups again. Better go get in line if you want one.

I'm so bummed I missed this, my ex took all the trader Sam's tiki cups we had, including the nautilus

Old Man Pants fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 14, 2017

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I just wish I could hit the targets successfully, I’m so miserably bad at Buzz Lightyear and it kills my tiny baby hands.
Toy Story is so much easier for me to play. Still bad but no hand injury.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
So other DVC members, did you start getting PIN codes like crazy after signing up like some cruel irony? We have gotten 2 mailers with unique PIN codes. Thanks Disney

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Wow what used to be mgm totally sux rear end right now. Lol. Stormtrooper marches and da tower notwithstanding.

Epcot still owns tho. We blew 10 snack credits in a day. THEN ate at teppan edo. :getin:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

couldcareless posted:

So other DVC members, did you start getting PIN codes like crazy after signing up like some cruel irony? We have gotten 2 mailers with unique PIN codes. Thanks Disney

No, we bought resale a couple months ago. My wife and I are on the title so we both got account info letters and PIN’s in the mail.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I meant PIN codes for deals for resort stays.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

couldcareless posted:

I meant PIN codes for deals for resort stays.

Oh. Nope haven’t seen anything other than the normal stuff they send us. Between DVC, WDW, and the Chase Disney Visa we get 2-3 things a month from them.

We bought resale though, so might be second class citizens in that regard though, at least until we buy our direct add on

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna sound like a weird question maybe but do they offer anything additional at Ohana for vegetarians? My girlfriend never really ate much meat, especially at Ohana when we've gone in the past, but went full-on vegetarian six months ago. We're going with another couple and three of us will still be eating the normal menu but was curious. She's not really one to care and will probably just fill up on the bread, noodles and salad otherwise.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Tim Whatley posted:

Gonna sound like a weird question maybe but do they offer anything additional at Ohana for vegetarians? My girlfriend never really ate much meat, especially at Ohana when we've gone in the past, but went full-on vegetarian six months ago. We're going with another couple and three of us will still be eating the normal menu but was curious. She's not really one to care and will probably just fill up on the bread, noodles and salad otherwise.

I'm sure if she mentions it to the server, the chef will come out and work with her to make her something she'll like. Disney's awesome about that.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

We just got back from another Disney trip. We did 2 nights at the Boardwalk Inn, and then another 4 with my parents. The Boardwalk Inn felt really cheap for how expensive it was, if it wasn't for the location, that really felt like a $100 night hotel anywhere off-property, and we paid far far more than that.

Pluses:
Location is amazing for Epcot / Hollywood Studios. Bus transit to Magic Kingdom is also convenient compared to how much of a hassle parking is for Magic Kingdom normally.
Little snack area with free food, cans of pop, little milk containers, coffee, really good tea, beer cans, and wine. Different food for different times of day.
Nice robes in the room.
Mini-fridge in the room.
The usual perks of staying at a Disney hotel were great, we didn't get to use the 60 day fast passes or magical express, but we did use the app to check-in, and getting into our room with the magic bands was really cool.

Minuses:
The bathroom door was weird, it was really thick wood and got in the way all the time.
The toilet paper was the absolute cheapest toilet paper you can imagine, which seemed insane to me at the price we were paying.
No in-room mini-bar.
The snack area didn't have a ton of food, and the quality wasn't that great, especially compared to other hotel buffets we've stayed at elsewhere.
The snack area didn't stay open that late. When we got back late from the Magic Kingdom one night, we had trouble finding food.
These hotels are massive, and the walk to the lobby from the room takes quite a while.

We are glad we did it, my fiance had never stayed at a Disney resort before, but we probably won't do that one again.

Besides that, I was surprised at how absolutely crowded the parks were most of the week. We mostly left the parks mid-day when it was especially crowded, but watching the ride waits made me wonder what was going on that rides like Living with the Land having 75 minute waits. I wonder if it was people avoiding Magic Kingdom on Not So Scary Halloween days?

I managed to catch a Dennis Deyoung show at Epcot, that was awesome. We also had our usual reverse sticker shock at prices compared to Seattle, even in the parks I feel like my dollar goes almost twice as far as it does here.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Re: Snack area. You stayed Club Level. It isn't meant to be a buffet, it's just complimentary snacks and hot appetizers.

As far as I know, there are no mini bars on Disney property.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Today on Buzz Lightyear I maxed out one gun and got 500,000 on the other. Some day I will max out both....

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After staying at AKL and Grand Flo I don’t think I can go back to a value but yeah I agree both were insanely overpriced for what you get.

Wondering what deluxe I should do next

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Poly. Always Poly.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Wilderness Lodge if you go during the 2 weeks of the year where it's kinda chilly. Go sit by the massive fire place in the lobby

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

couldcareless posted:

Wilderness Lodge if you go during the 2 weeks of the year where it's kinda chilly. Go sit by the massive fire place in the lobby

The smell they pipe in the lobby is insane, too. I'm not an outdoorsy dude but it's just Nice.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

nimper posted:

The smell they pipe in the lobby is insane, too. I'm not an outdoorsy dude but it's just Nice.

I liek the smell in the animal kingdom lodge lobby. Excellent hotel overall but chyeah.

Btw flights of passage owns. My new fav disney ride. Best touch imo is you can feel the banshee flapping and breathing against ur thighs. The smells are cool as heck too.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Lol. Im chillin near the soda tasting place in epcot, coolin down. Just saw a kid trick his mom into drinking nasty rear end italian soda "beverly" :unsmith:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
What, you don’t love the taste of Alka-Seltzer?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I like chinotto

:colbert:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Nathilus posted:

Lol. Im chillin near the soda tasting place in epcot, coolin down. Just saw a kid trick his mom into drinking nasty rear end italian soda "beverly" :unsmith:

I'm convinced Beverly is only there to trick people

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Renegret posted:

I read somewhere that it's actually out of production and is exclusively produced for World of Coke dispensers now.

I like to use my resistance to bitterness to take a shot of Beverly in front of people. It helps convince them that it'll be okay.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Beverly is a pallete cleanser. You're supposed to eat something, take a sip, then eat something else. It isn't for drinking, at least not in the way the rest of the sodas are.

Still funny to watch people try it, though.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Funkmaster General posted:

Beverly is a pallete cleanser. You're supposed to eat something, take a sip, then eat something else. It isn't for drinking, at least not in the way the rest of the sodas are.

Still funny to watch people try it, though.

Its an aperitif. Which i think means its meant to make you desperate to eat something, ANYTHING, to get the taste out of your mouth.

Renegret posted:

:agreed:

Its been there and vile as gently caress since i was a kid. So 25 years at least.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 15, 2017

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Took my wife and her mom to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. Lots of fun was had on Miss Adventure Falls and the three Crush'n Gusher slides.

Then we went to the Poly to have a drink at Trader Sam's. Except they wouldn't let us in the parking lot. Is it hit or miss if they let you in? What if you had a reservation at a fancy place? Would they still tell you to go park at the MK lot and ride the monorail?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Omne posted:

Took my wife and her mom to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. Lots of fun was had on Miss Adventure Falls and the three Crush'n Gusher slides.

Then we went to the Poly to have a drink at Trader Sam's. Except they wouldn't let us in the parking lot. Is it hit or miss if they let you in? What if you had a reservation at a fancy place? Would they still tell you to go park at the MK lot and ride the monorail?

It seems to vary depending on how crowded it is and whether or not you have reservations. If you've got a reservation, you're basically guaranteed to be allowed in. If not, they may or may not allow you through.

During 4th of July this year at Fort Wilderness they were even trying to ban Ubers from driving out to the cabins for pickup and telling the drivers they had to wait at the check-in building. Of course there's nothing actually stopping the drivers from continuing on down the road, but none of them wanted to risk it.

geese
May 29, 2007

This goose is cooked.
Has anyone been to the Volcano Bay water park over at Universal yet? It seems early reviews were mixed but they have gotten better more recently. Will the water park be too cold in early January (specifically Jan 2-5)?

Also, has anyone stayed at Cabana Bay at Universal?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Wow, I just checked WDW website on a whim because my wife & I were texting about needing a vacation -- found a water-view room at the GF for 25% off in February. Booked it instantly with a deposit, then texted the old lady with, "hey...how about Disney World in February? I'll get you a view of the lagoon." Great idea, she said. Whew.

So we'll be there the week of Feb 5. That's almost a 3-year gap since our previous visit, and we used to go like every 18 months. It's gotten so drat expensive to stay at any monorail hotel, we just can't do it as often, and we always wait for a room rate discount or free dining.

VERY EXCITED. We need this trip real, real bad.

edit:Hey, what's the best way to get a special magic band for my wife to use while we're there? If we just show up with our own magic bands (not the plain ones they mail to us), can we use those instead? No idea how that system works.

Lincoln fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 17, 2017

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
You can buy new bands on the shopdisney.com store and link them to your park tickets before you arrive on your my Disney experience.
Alternatively you can buy them at the parks and the CMs can assist with linking them.
Your stay will get you two new magic bands for free in the generic colors of your choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Are the new bands the ones that show up at my house before I leave?