Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Feldegast42 posted:

Someone doesn't want the Addam's Family extended cinematic universe.

So, they're part of Dark Universe now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the Munsters would more likely be part of that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Tie in Casper too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

So, they're part of Dark Universe now?

Dark Shadows Universe.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Put The Addams Family in the MCU so we can get Christina Ricci as Odin.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ChickenMedium posted:

I just read the words "untitled Playmobil movie" and it wasn't a joke or about an Asylum ripoff

There's a Playmobil tv cartoon right now.

And I'm surprised they just don't reboot Beetlejuice.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Blockers is the new movie about John Cena and some other people trying to keep their teenage daughters from boning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1WVgyh5ah4

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Not exactly greenlit but my local AMC has been replaying a different disney animated movie eqch week for over a month now. This week it's Brave. It's a cool idea but there are only showings at 2 and 6 pm, no morning time, plus they're full price tickets (11 bucks!).
Same theater has Rocky Horror tonight, tickets for 6 bucks. And the new Lego ninja and MLP movies are 7 buck tickets. :wtf:

And the princess bride replay on sunday is a 13 dollar ticket. No standard prices at all, jesus.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

got any sevens posted:

Tie in Casper too

Nah. Casper's in the Harvey Comics Universe with Richie Rich and Wendy and the little devil character who's name I can't remember.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Blockers is the new movie about John Cena and some other people trying to keep their teenage daughters from boning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1WVgyh5ah4
john cena can do better

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
john cena is horny for his mixed race daughter

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dexie posted:

Nah. Casper's in the Harvey Comics Universe with Richie Rich and Wendy and the little devil character who's name I can't remember.

Hot Stuff.

Also don't forget Baby Huey!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTeCQk_yNNk

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

got any sevens posted:

Not exactly greenlit but my local AMC has been replaying a different disney animated movie eqch week for over a month now. This week it's Brave. It's a cool idea but there are only showings at 2 and 6 pm, no morning time, plus they're full price tickets (11 bucks!).
Same theater has Rocky Horror tonight, tickets for 6 bucks. And the new Lego ninja and MLP movies are 7 buck tickets. :wtf:

And the princess bride replay on sunday is a 13 dollar ticket. No standard prices at all, jesus.

I could see why. Disney is notoriously for their fuckery to keep their IP as established 'Premium Brands'. And they know that most of their stuff is guaranteed money makers that most studios could only dream of. So if a theatre wants to show a classic Disney movie, or even a recent hit, they have to pretty much bend backwards to their demands, pay bank, or both. As for the weird scheduling, gently caress if I know. Figure it'd be best to blame Disney.

As for Lego and MLP, they both opened to pitiful weekend gross. Ninjago both is the least established Lego brand, and made the least of the series thus far. As for Ponies, they made less than $10 mill opening weekend. Both studios probably want to recoup costs as much as they can, and are probably willing to take a hit on the tickets to get more butts in seats.

As for Rocky Horror vs Princess Bride, I dunno. I guess the 'prestige' and the wider potential audience of the latter means that whoever holds it feels more willing to ask for a better price to show it. And to be frank, Rocky Horror was always kinda a slut to the almighty dollar.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Theatrical movies of ongoing cartoons never seem to do well, but they keep on making them.

Maybe they clean up on home video/DVD/netflix and the theatrical release is just a glorified advertising campaign?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It’s cool that the LEGO Movie was surprisingly good so now there has to be a new one pumped out annually, and also cutscenes from the LEGO videogames are compiled and sold as “movies.”

Oh and every Dreamworks movie can have a Netflix show spinoff.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

and also cutscenes from the LEGO videogames are compiled and sold as “movies.”

Wait, what? Is that literally just what the DTV ones are?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I could see why. Disney is notoriously for their fuckery to keep their IP as established 'Premium Brands'. And they know that most of their stuff is guaranteed money makers that most studios could only dream of. So if a theatre wants to show a classic Disney movie, or even a recent hit, they have to pretty much bend backwards to their demands, pay bank, or both. As for the weird scheduling, gently caress if I know. Figure it'd be best to blame Disney.

As for Lego and MLP, they both opened to pitiful weekend gross. Ninjago both is the least established Lego brand, and made the least of the series thus far. As for Ponies, they made less than $10 mill opening weekend. Both studios probably want to recoup costs as much as they can, and are probably willing to take a hit on the tickets to get more butts in seats.

As for Rocky Horror vs Princess Bride, I dunno. I guess the 'prestige' and the wider potential audience of the latter means that whoever holds it feels more willing to ask for a better price to show it. And to be frank, Rocky Horror was always kinda a slut to the almighty dollar.

I was mostly surprised, because I figured every movie was the same price, except for matinee discount or 3d/imax charges. I just always hand my credit card over and dont ask, because they sure dont have prices posted. Might sell more tickets for the cheap movies if people actually knew they were cheap :shrug:

And disney charging almost half the price of the blueray for decades-old movies is flat out greedy and counterproductive. If tickets were like 3 bucks, kids could arrange parties around it. Oh well

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

got any sevens posted:

Rocky Horror is most likely your theater putting it on themselves. I would assume Princess Bride is a Fathom Event, and those are often bonkers expensive compared to regular movie tickets.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Vegetable posted:

john cena can do better
he really can't

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Inescapable Duck posted:

Theatrical movies of ongoing cartoons never seem to do well, but they keep on making them.

Maybe they clean up on home video/DVD/netflix and the theatrical release is just a glorified advertising campaign?

The MLP film will make a fortune just from kids walking past grocery store displays and demanding their parents buy it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm surprised the MLP movie isn't drowning in pedo money.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Punkin Spunkin posted:

he really can't

i like John Cena and think he has great comic potential but that movie looks like the garbage that mediocre movies make fun of when the good movies make fun of them.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Not all of them if so (but I think not)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

i imagine a lot of bronies downloaded a camrip so they didn't have to be around the show's intended audience for an hour and a half

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Casimir Radon posted:

Most Bronies moved on from MLP and became alt-right proto fascists.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

i imagine a lot of bronies downloaded a camrip so they didn't have to be around the show's intended audience for an hour and a half
Or they have a court order that says they're not allowed to be around them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Some are, but not all

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Casimir Radon posted:

If the film came out two or so years ago, I'm sure it would have.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

i like John Cena and think he has great comic potential but that movie looks like the garbage that mediocre movies make fun of when the good movies make fun of them.
white people rapping should only very rarely be tolerated, let alone rewarded
he's no DDP, that's for sure...I dunno if Cena could approach Diamond's contributions to cinema
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfKykFuOWg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkntZHB9R7Y

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I expect the rabid part of the Rick and Morty fanbase probably has a lot of crossover with bronies.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
They don't have to download a camrip of the MLP movie. A couple days ago someone somehow leaked both the entirety of the unreleased episodes of the current season, as well as the actual 160 GB-ish theatrical release copy of the film, as well as some internal design notes for when the show was starting to be made.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Geomancing posted:

They don't have to download a camrip of the MLP movie. A couple days ago someone somehow leaked both the entirety of the unreleased episodes of the current season, as well as the actual 160 GB-ish theatrical release copy of the film, as well as some internal design notes for when the show was starting to be made.

"Someone" ehh, interesting post/user combo.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Seems like this could be the thread to ask: there used to be a supercut on youtube of Stupid Haunting Covers of Pop Songs Over Modern Movie Trailers. I can't find it, probably bc it got hit with dozen takedowns. Is there any chance someone knows/has this?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ingmar terdman posted:

Seems like this could be the thread to ask: there used to be a supercut on youtube of Stupid Haunting Covers of Pop Songs Over Modern Movie Trailers. I can't find it, probably bc it got hit with dozen takedowns. Is there any chance someone knows/has this?

I once bought an album off iTunes that was basically this, I'm ashamed to say I didn't hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9XrjH_XHU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

he's no DDP, that's for sure...I dunno if Cena could approach Diamond's contributions to cinema

He was pretty alright in The Devil's Rejects.

DDP, not Cena. Cena still has to do horror.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Ingmar terdman posted:

Might not be what you were looking for, but should scratch the itch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6kxOl4C9mY

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Haha this is probably it thank you I'm rolling my eyes so hard rn

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

It’s cool that the LEGO Movie was surprisingly good so now there has to be a new one pumped out annually, and also cutscenes from the LEGO videogames are compiled and sold as “movies.”

Oh and every Dreamworks movie can have a Netflix show spinoff.

Lego Batman was really good, I haven't seen Ninjago but apparently it being a turd is largely because they made it a continuation of a TV show nobody watches or cares about and they spend most of the movie reiterating stuff from the show instead of doing their own thing.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm pretty sure they all became Stephen Universe dorks considering it has the exact same magical girl framework and every episode being solved by talking about their feelings only with rocks instead of tramp stamps.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Guy Mann posted:

Lego Batman was really good, I haven't seen Ninjago but apparently it being a turd is largely because they made it a continuation of a TV show nobody watches or cares about and they spend most of the movie reiterating stuff from the show instead of doing their own thing.

According to my kids the movie is too different than the show and doesn’t really continue it at all.

It’s just a property that isn’t as popular as Lego in a generic sense or Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Punkin Spunkin posted:

on the Acting Wrestler scale of Dean Ambrose to Dwayne Johnson, Cena is easily at Hulk Hogan right now, with a potential to get all the way up to Andre the Giant.

• Locked thread