Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

TheKennedys posted:

Self-immolating mods are the best forum sagas, feed me more :circlefap:

Enfield's a mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Panfilo posted:

Another way to evaluate how lovely people can be around TB and other posters in general:

SA has a hair trigger when it comes to calling out pedophilic behavior. A poster that acts creepy is often banned or driven out. Imagine if a poster called out sometime for perving on 11 year olds and instead of supporting them they brigaded them, issued a probation and constantly belittled their reaction. It's rather unthinkable here in most subforums, and seen as more of the domain of reddit or imgur.

So when TB calls people our you'd think they could see it the same way as a poster calling out a pervert. But they don't, they double down.

No, actually people have been probated for insinuating that another poster was a paedo. Rightfully or not, you can decide for yourself, but it's not just call someone a paedo and they're out.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

So is TB a transsexual that people are purposely misgendering? Or just someone that expects goons to know their gender by reading her username on the screen?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You'll know because she'll launch into a personal attack if it ever comes up.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
tb rules and if you have a problem with her then the problem is probably you

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Mammal Sauce posted:

So is TB a transsexual that people are purposely misgendering? Or just someone that expects goons to know their gender by reading her username on the screen?

No, they (I think TB is a she but I'm not sure and would hate to assume) objected to being referred to as "it." Because it is the pronoun you use to refer to an object, not a person. It was a crummy thing for Moneyball to do, but not unforgivable. Then, instead of apologizing, he decided to probate her and close the thread. That's bananas.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mammal Sauce posted:

TB has a long history of picking fights in the Bad With Money thread, and after one of them Moneyball said something like, "Next time she/he/it starts trolling don't bite."

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

TB has always been super reactionary, to the point I'm 90% positive she's a Slashie re-reg

No proof positive either way, but she did show up in a now-gassed thread about lena dunham that was talking about slashie. Quoted a dude talking about her (slashie) and said the following.

"Dude I've been right here posting about project runway and making fun of the occasional E/N person. I have no idea who you are and I've never doxxed anyone in my life."

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post437165284

So if she's not slashie then I guess she wanted attention?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mammal Sauce posted:

Someone that blows up if you call her "he" and someone that accused others of creepy stalking her post history when they correctly call her "her".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Scudworth posted:

Someone that blows up if you call her "he" and someone that accused others of creepy stalking her post history when they correctly call her "her".

I'm pretty sure she objected to the creepy stalking and not being properly gendered.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Ahaha this is so disingenuous it makes my head hurt. No, TB feeling slighted at a random post is not at all similar to folks running off pedophiles.

TB tends to be polite and courteous when a poster initially says something stupid to her, especially if they thought they were saying it in good faith. Look at the people that support her; at some point they might have said something to her that she responded, "Hey, that's not cool, for [reasons]" and they either apologized or just dropped it. She's only agressive toward people that have repeatedly doubled down about their lovely racist behavior. The fact that she gives everyone an opportunity to save face really helps contrast how racist they end up coming off when simply saying "Ok" is a bridge too far.

Paladinus posted:

No, actually people have been probated for insinuating that another poster was a paedo. Rightfully or not, you can decide for yourself, but it's not just call someone a paedo and they're out.

Which is why I didn't say "A poster that acts like a pedo is always driven out/probated/ostracized. The fact of the matter is that more goons can agree that kid touching is hosed up than goons that agree that racism is lovely and bad. The forum behavior and the fact that we had to have a subforum dedicated to PoC talking about these issues illustrates that fact. Now if goons weren't acting like armchair Chris Hansens I could be cynical enough to understand why they would get the concept of racism either, but given that they could understand things like creepy internet behavior toward minors, they shouldn't get a pass by playing naive about racist attitudes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think it's time to move on from this.

I found that thread about the dad who hates his kids and burns their clothes but he's nice because he also hugs them "ironically". Also his golden child has done no wrong except the time he beat his loser soon with a broom, other than that though great guy!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722560

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

No that's not my point. I am specifically saying people calling that screenshot his apology isn't accurate.

e: Perhaps he didn't apologise at all but that's not what I'm getting at. I just don't think it's reasonable to take a single brief contextless message like that as a definitive statement.

nah there's absolutely context, the context is MB saying

quote:

There was more to the email exchange and I'm not discussing that here. Post about people bad with money please.

which is totally an easier and more rational way to dismiss a screenshot than "actually there was an apology in that email too"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

EmmyOk posted:

I found that thread about the dad who hates his kids and burns their clothes but he's nice because he also hugs them "ironically". Also his golden child has done no wrong except the time he beat his loser soon with a broom, other than that though great guy!

Man, I had forgotten that LLJKSiLK was forgiving his elder son for beating the poo poo out of his younger in the same chain of posts where he jumped on the younger son for the crime of... eating snacks that were supposed to be for the other kids? loving insanity.

I also recall him coming back to the forums to talk about how his life is better, honest, right before starting in on "I make tons of comments about how marriage is an institution designed to gently caress men over and I never want to get married again, which for some reason upsets my serious girlfriend who's alluded to wanting to get married, but gently caress her, right?" Dude is an absolute class act.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is this the one who got the babysitter pregnant?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Don’t tell Mom the babysitters pregnant

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Or else Dad will send us to millitary school, or failing that, therapy.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

EmmyOk posted:

Oh my god I had forgotten about that rancid piece of poo poo. I'm a child welfare social worker and I just love it when parents act like they've done nothing wrong but their kids have it out for them. It never has its origins in the parents' behavior, ever.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oldpainless posted:

the dishes are DONE, man

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

Does E/N exist as a forum solely for making fun of terrible people because it doesn't really seem to serve any other purpose. Half of the posters are actively trolling or just as bad as the OP and the answer to every thread is "stop posting in E/N and get therapy" which the op inevitably does not do

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Aesop Poprock posted:

Does E/N exist as a forum solely for making fun of terrible people because it doesn't really seem to serve any other purpose. Half of the posters are actively trolling or just as bad as the OP and the answer to every thread is "stop posting in E/N and get therapy" which the op inevitably does not do

It's a quarantine; without E/N those posts end up anywhere and everywhere else.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grassy Knowles posted:

I feel legitimately bad for people who are so desperate for human contact and understanding that they post to excess in E/N, all the while knowing fully well that their posts are being relentlessly combed through for mockery, derision, etc.

I will say that what little of E/N I've read seems to indicate that it's relatively well-moderated, and at least within that subforum, no one is being messily shat all over.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grassy Knowles posted:

You still will get the occasional outbreak where some dude in the watch thread will talk about his crippling depression so he's selling all his watches, or the inevitable post in games about being so afraid of spiders that he/she/it can't play certain levels of videogames without modding the game to make the spiders bears, or some vaguely tenuous other excuse to drop the mental illness du jour in an unrelated thread.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

EmmyOk posted:

Was there any resolution to this? Because it doesn't seem like there was. I stopped reading on page 45 because the guy was a lovely person who didn't seem to be interested in ever making any effort to change and a quick glance at the last page it looked like his entire outlook had somehow reverted back to the exact same as it was on page one? Please tell me there was a follow up topic where CPS just took his kids away and burnt down his house or something.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

You still will get the occasional outbreak where some dude in the watch thread will talk about his crippling depression so he's selling all his watches, or the inevitable post in games about being so afraid of spiders that he/she/it can't play certain levels of videogames without modding the game to make the spiders bears, or some vaguely tenuous other excuse to drop the mental illness du jour in an unrelated thread.

also, Pick

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spanish Manlove posted:

Sounds like Shadow of War would be good for those people

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kelp Me! posted:

also, Pick

It's like an forums ARG putting the pieces of that mess together. I still need to find out about the bunch of Filipino people getting her inheritance.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is there an sa encyclopedia on Pick (usually browsing the forums via the app) or cliffs notes on whatever her saga was? Just knew of her from her good Bee Movie thread

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You know how there's that Peanuts character that walks around and there's like a visible cloud of dirt around him at all times?

That's Pick but the dirt is E/N

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

the_american_dream posted:

Is there an sa encyclopedia on Pick (usually browsing the forums via the app) or cliffs notes on whatever her saga was? Just knew of her from her good Bee Movie thread

I don't think this will answer any questions, but yes, there is an encyclopedia entry.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2730

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't think this will answer any questions, but yes, there is an encyclopedia entry.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2730

Putty up to his same old bullshit

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Tardcore posted:

Putty up to his same old bullshit

I'm entirely unfamiliar with Putty, and nothing about that made me feel a need to change that.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
so, why IS wtf dnd on another site now? better pay or was there drama?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hemingway To Go! posted:

so, why IS wtf dnd on another site now? better pay or was there drama?

Far as I understand it Lowtax can't afford to actually pay people to write for the site, so once they gain enough name recognition they feel they can strike out on their own, they will.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RagnarokAngel posted:

Far as I understand it Lowtax can't afford to actually pay people to write for the site, so once they gain enough name recognition they feel they can strike out on their own, they will.

pretty sure radium and shmorky got paid, but that's about it

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

I'm entirely unfamiliar with Putty, and nothing about that made me feel a need to change that.

Putty is desperate for people to pay attention to Putty, and he is a chronic namesearcher so I know for a fact he is reading this.

Hi, Putty!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Putty is a pretty good poster with a terrible gimmick

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Nuebot posted:

Was there any resolution to this? Because it doesn't seem like there was. I stopped reading on page 45 because the guy was a lovely person who didn't seem to be interested in ever making any effort to change and a quick glance at the last page it looked like his entire outlook had somehow reverted back to the exact same as it was on page one? Please tell me there was a follow up topic where CPS just took his kids away and burnt down his house or something.

LLJKSiLk came back to e/n earlier this year to let us know he's turned a new leaf and had officially stopped loving 18 year olds as of a few months prior.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816178

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm glad that Bob Mackey makes enough off of Patron that he was able to quit and do podcasts full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

steinrokkan posted:

Putty is a pretty good poster with a terrible gimmick

What's the gimmick? Does he show up early in every thread, posts nothing but WBLWBLWLBWLWBLWBL, gets quickly owned and leaves?