Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

This is harder to climb on top of than it appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I see you've reached the final boss of XIV.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Oh no, this ain't the final boss. I'm currently recruiting people for that mess. Speaking of which...

:siren::siren::siren: I'M RECRUITING GOONS FOR AN ULTIMATE RAID STATIC, INQUIRE BELOW :siren::siren::siren:

https://catgirl.bargains/topic/213-ultimania-goon-static-extreme-savage-ultimate/

e: or quote me here if you can't access the FFXIV goon forums but still want into the static, that also works

e2: also for those who can't access the forums, here's a screenshot of the OP, will update it as more people join

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 15, 2017

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I have literally never seen a map group that isn't owner need outside, FFA inside. I'm not sure why anyone would bother with anything else

If I'm not allowed to roll on the loot then laddybuck can kill all the goddamn mosslings himself.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

Oh no, this ain't the final boss. I'm currently recruiting people for that mess. Speaking of which...

:siren::siren::siren: I'M RECRUITING GOONS FOR AN ULTIMATE RAID STATIC, INQUIRE BELOW :siren::siren::siren:

https://catgirl.bargains/topic/213-ultimania-goon-static-extreme-savage-ultimate/

e: or quote me here if you can't access the FFXIV goon forums but still want into the static, that also works

what are you looking for

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've gotten monk from level 37 to 47 without throwing a single punch because of squad members.

lmao

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
SMN stuff feels pretty good so far. The Ruin 3/4 changes help reduce button clutter (and SMN's always been bad about that) and give it great mobility in DWT. And with the new Tri-Bind on top of Painflare, Deathflare, and Bane, you're pretty much an unstoppable blender of death in AOE situations, probably even stronger than the job's AOE in 3.x was.

I'm guessing Bahamut is still as dumb as a bag of rocks, but I still need to bash out a couple of levels on SMN/SCH on my Excal character before I can verify that.

also its fashion game is still 12/10

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
How's machinist these days? That was the next job I wanted to level up but life sidetracked me for a few months. Thinking of getting it back in now, so did it ever get fixed? Last I remember there was a whole lot of gnashing of teeth.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Mango Polo posted:

How's machinist these days? That was the next job I wanted to level up but life sidetracked me for a few months. Thinking of getting it back in now, so did it ever get fixed? Last I remember there was a whole lot of gnashing of teeth.

MCH has good damage output, an annoying leveling experience, and a pretty high skill floor and cap. If you're looking to raid, Hypercharge basically makes it into a mini-NIN, so it's in demand for that.

Also it looks cool, whether you go for the gunmage look or full-on pirate look.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In defence of “map owner needs”: it’s not like everyone else isn’t receiving tons of gil and crafting materials.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

It's a bad defence.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

In defence of “map owner needs”: it’s not like everyone else isn’t receiving tons of gil and crafting materials.

Not really if they get a Silk on Floor 2 and then leave right afterwards.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My map, my lucky streak, my catfish man minion

ImpAtom posted:

Not really if they get a Silk on Floor 2 and then leave right afterwards.

I’ve only ever done map parties with goons, so this would not be a problem

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I once ran an instance with a goon group who only told me owner need is "generally accepted" after I rolled and won an item. I guess at least make sure people grouping up with you know in advance about an idiot loot rule unsupported by the game so they can bail before wasting anyone's time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why even let us roll at all if the game wants us all to roll Need

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
I only do maps with my FC buds so we can appreciate door shenanigans and snipe at how much damage the DRG is taking.

That and I explain how many people various drops are worth murdering for. (Thavnarian Wool is probably worth 2-3 murders)

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

MCH has good damage output, an annoying leveling experience, and a pretty high skill floor and cap. If you're looking to raid, Hypercharge basically makes it into a mini-NIN, so it's in demand for that.

Also it looks cool, whether you go for the gunmage look or full-on pirate look.

Oh that's neat. How's the rotation now? Looks like heat is way more sensible now, from what I can see. Also new Dismantle seems pretty nice.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Against a target dummy MCH goes for a perfect 60s rotation that focuses on putting as much damage as possible in the 15s wildfire point and spending the other 45s building back up. The CDs line up perfectly when approached that way.

What that means when bosses go invulnerable or you fumble CDs so they don't line up anymore, and how you handle that as the MCH, is the main conflict of the job.

Compare that against the BRD proc based rotation for the other ranged damage/support job.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The important thing about mch is to make sure it's not your first 70 because holy loving poo poo you do not want to use it for level scaling down stuff like trials or alliance raids or whatever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, I have officially reached the point in mount grinding where EX bosses don't give a gently caress that I'm unsynced. (Everything after Ravana and Bismarck.)

Time to learn mechanics.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Owner need / rest greed is fine if you are running maps entirely with friends who will all get a fair chance to run their own maps (and can be expected to do things like pass on drops they already have or that other party members want more than they do).

If you are running with randos there's basically no sense doing anything other than free for all.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Owner need / rest greed is fine if you are running maps entirely with friends who will all get a fair chance to run their own maps (and can be expected to do things like pass on drops they already have or that other party members want more than they do).

If you are running with randos there's basically no sense doing anything other than free for all.

Owner need/rest greed is often the pattern my static uses for maps for this exact reason. That there was a need free for all rule many other people used actually shocked us, especially because we were introduced to it by a goon from DGKK we invited to map, who needed some semi-valuable loot from the map owner and quickly left the group without contributing a map of their own. :v:

Just clarify what kind of loot rules there are when you join a map party. It doesn't help anyone if you assume one rule set or another.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what are you looking for

Aaand I suddenly realized why I got no bites earlier: apparently you need an account on the FFXIV goon forums to read the threads. So blaring the link on all frequencies last night unsurprisingly got me no bites. :argh: So have a screencap of the thread's OP instead. I'll update it as the member list changes.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 15, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pretty much my exact reaction when i tried the new hairstyle on.

https://twitter.com/sofraaaaa/status/918792255153909760

No wonder Lina wears a hat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's better on Miqo'te than anything else imo

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 14, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought for sure 4.1 would come with some kind of Verity sink. I wish I had something at all to do with it.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, I have officially reached the point in mount grinding where EX bosses don't give a gently caress that I'm unsynced. (Everything after Ravana and Bismarck.)

Time to learn mechanics.

Really? Surely the Warring Triad is also pretty easy to cheese with ilevels. They were even before Stormblood.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

a kitten posted:

Pretty much my exact reaction when i tried the new hairstyle on.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's better on Miqo'te than anything else imo

post screenshots pls

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The new housing glamour is pretty slick.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Really? Surely the Warring Triad is also pretty easy to cheese with ilevels. They were even before Stormblood.

Well, I only tried Sephirot, but the PF party wiped twice and then I went to work.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Shy posted:

post screenshots pls

Some quick screenshots.

I really like it...aside from the dang weird meatballs.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

It's nice! But the balls are too small.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

Some quick screenshots.

I really like it...aside from the dang weird meatballs.

If you wear a hat it keeps the basic style but removes the meatballs

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

a kitten posted:

Some quick screenshots.

That cat needs better grooming, she's got hairballs in her fur.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SonicRulez posted:

I thought for sure 4.1 would come with some kind of Verity sink. I wish I had something at all to do with it.

Sephirot's color phase will still murder you if you do it wrong and the DPS to kill him before that happens still doesn't exist. Nidhogg isn't allowed to die until Fang and Claw has finished so you need to do that right. Sophia you might be able to brute force somewhat but you'll still wanna know the basics of the tilts. Haven't done Zurvan at 70 yet but I imagine you still need to do his tethers correctly too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The back of the hair is pretty bad. They need to make more like the long hair with a braid at the back

Ideally one without the braid but the wavy more uneven length. And cut the pimp collar off the WHM AF3

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

M.c.P posted:

Against a target dummy MCH goes for a perfect 60s rotation that focuses on putting as much damage as possible in the 15s wildfire point and spending the other 45s building back up. The CDs line up perfectly when approached that way.

What that means when bosses go invulnerable or you fumble CDs so they don't line up anymore, and how you handle that as the MCH, is the main conflict of the job.

Compare that against the BRD proc based rotation for the other ranged damage/support job.

I specifically gave up on BRD because of all the procs flashing everywhere :shobon:

If MCH is steadier that'd suit me fine.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

As they decide to keep making the collars of all armor higher and higher they have no choice but to make all new hairstyles short or so bad no one will use them.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mango Polo posted:

I specifically gave up on BRD because of all the procs flashing everywhere :shobon:

If MCH is steadier that'd suit me fine.

Oh buddy, you are in for a bad time.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Any goons on Aether datacenter wanna take some swings at O4S? I've seen the enrage a few times but haven't had a group that can quite nail it for a clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

My iLevel is still too low for that.