Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Danaru posted:

Generally most seasons of anime are 12/13 episodes unless it's a major production like DBZ or something (I know, trap sprung :( )

Hahahaha, no problem. My anime heyday was back before Streaming was a major thing, and the only one I've watched in the last 5 years or so was a major production, so I guess that's where my frame of reference is. I guess I'd vaguely heard the market had changed, and forgotten about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

death to anime

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Whorelord posted:

anime until death

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Hate the anime, not the animes.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Uhmmm it's actually pronounced animeé

My [28F] sister [25F] didn’t invite me to her wedding. But she wants my daughter [4F] to be a flower girl.

quote:

u/floralnightmare
My sister isn’t speaking to me right now. The reason is that my father passed away almost two years ago and she felt as if I coerced him into leaving me certain property in his inheritance (untrue, but she can’t be convinced). I have since sold the property and did not share the proceeds with her since it was left to me in his will. This enraged her further and we haven’t been on speaking terms since.

She is getting married next month. She told me via text that she would like her niece (my daughter) to be a flower girl in the wedding and said she would communicate details with me via email. I texted her back reminding her that I had never even received an invitation to this wedding. She texted back saying that despite our “differences” she loves my daughter and wants her (but not me, clearly) to be a part of the big day.

This happened weeks ago. I didn’t reply. My mom has since come to me saying that I should consider letting my daughter be a flower girl. Mom has some idea that this will melt my sister’s heart or something and bring the family back together. My husband thinks this entire thing is bizarre and he’s on the fence about letting my daughter go. But he’s willing to defer to my judgment since it’s my family.

I’m at a loss right now. I’m hurt that my sister doesn’t want me to be a part of her wedding. She was my maid of honor when I got married yet she doesn’t even want me there when she says her vows. I’m just stuck and hurt and trying to figure out what I should do.

Tl;dr - My sister isn’t really speaking to me and did not invite me to her wedding. But she wants my daughter to be a flower girl. I don’t know if I should allow this or tell my sister no.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

Uhmmm it's actually pronounced animeé

My [28F] sister [25F] didn’t invite me to her wedding. But she wants my daughter [4F] to be a flower girl.

Hire a replacement daughter, have her go in your daughters stead. When asked, say that thanks to all the money you inherited, its now unfortunately beneath your families station to attend such events in person.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Whorelord posted:

death to anime

You and I both know that your avatar comes from the American cartoon Adventure Time.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Bubblyblubber posted:

My husband thinks this entire thing is bizarre

The only smart person in this entire operation.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

My [23 F] relationship with my boyfriend [30 M] is in jeopardy over me not wanting to send nudes. Yes, really.

I can't believe we are at a breaking point over something like this, yet here we are.

I've been seeing my boyfriend for a little over a year. Relatively early on, he asked me for nudes. My answer: I don't send nudes. He was fine with it, moved on.
Since then, he has asked intermittently in varying ways and has always gotten the same answer, because I DON'T SEND NUDES. I don't know what he expects to change. If you insinuate sexily that you want nudes, you aren't getting nudes. If you outright ask for nudes, you aren't getting nudes. If you tell me I'm so hot and you just want to see my cute body, you aren't getting nudes.

Last night we had a fight about this where he said he doesn't understand what my hangup is. I told him the truth: that you never know what can happen to pictures on the Internet, and that I don't know what can happen to them. He proceeded to go on a rant and rave about how I clearly don't trust him, and all he wants is a nude, he's never had a girlfriend where this was such a big problem.

I don't understand his reaction, and while he's a fantastic boyfriend in every other respect, I DON'T SEND NUDES. Period. End of story. Phones get lost, friends accidentally see something when looking at phones, breakups happen and people get mad, SO MANY THINGS COULD HAPPEN and I can't believe we are really on the brink of a breakup over nudes.

Anyone been there on either side? Can anyone tell me if we can bridge this?

tl;dr: I don't send nudes. Boyfriend wants them, apparently badly enough that he takes it as a personal affront to the level of trust I have in him that I won't send them. What do?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I don't fully understand. Like, will she send nudes or?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I don't fully understand. Like, will she send nudes or?

Just ask her a few times I bet she gives in. Persistence pays.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I mean it sorta does boil down to her not trusting him. Like you could hem and haw about how divorces happen and court battles can get so ugly so the logical thing to do is get a prenup but that's just sorta tacitly acknowledging you could see them being an awful vindictive person given the chance.

I totally agree with her and think its super risky to give anyone compromising pictures, but he is sorta right that ultimately she just feels she can't trust him with them.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Palpek posted:

My [23 F] relationship with my boyfriend [30 M] is in jeopardy over me not wanting to send nudes. Yes, really.

I can't believe we are at a breaking point over something like this, yet here we are.

I've been seeing my boyfriend for a little over a year. Relatively early on, he asked me for nudes. My answer: I don't send nudes. He was fine with it, moved on.
Since then, he has asked intermittently in varying ways and has always gotten the same answer, because I DON'T SEND NUDES. I don't know what he expects to change. If you insinuate sexily that you want nudes, you aren't getting nudes. If you outright ask for nudes, you aren't getting nudes. If you tell me I'm so hot and you just want to see my cute body, you aren't getting nudes.

Last night we had a fight about this where he said he doesn't understand what my hangup is. I told him the truth: that you never know what can happen to pictures on the Internet, and that I don't know what can happen to them. He proceeded to go on a rant and rave about how I clearly don't trust him, and all he wants is a nude, he's never had a girlfriend where this was such a big problem.

I don't understand his reaction, and while he's a fantastic boyfriend in every other respect, I DON'T SEND NUDES. Period. End of story. Phones get lost, friends accidentally see something when looking at phones, breakups happen and people get mad, SO MANY THINGS COULD HAPPEN and I can't believe we are really on the brink of a breakup over nudes.

Anyone been there on either side? Can anyone tell me if we can bridge this?

tl;dr: I don't send nudes. Boyfriend wants them, apparently badly enough that he takes it as a personal affront to the level of trust I have in him that I won't send them. What do?

Never send nudes you aren't comfortable having posted up on reddit. Never trust anyone with them.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean it sorta does boil down to her not trusting him. Like you could hem and haw about how divorces happen and court battles can get so ugly so the logical thing to do is get a prenup but that's just sorta tacitly acknowledging you could see them being an awful vindictive person given the chance.

I totally agree with her and think its super risky to give anyone compromising pictures, but he is sorta right that ultimately she just feels she can't trust him with them.

No it doesn't it means that he refuses to accept the stated answer and that he is framing it as a trust issue when she was clear from the start that she doesn't want to send any. And is clear in her post.

Trust is about being able to count on the other person in the relationship, not like "Hey I need to prove I trust this person by leaving them a permanent recording of something that I may feel differently about later, and they may feel differently about too." That's just stupid. Did that Miami coach snorting blow 'trust' that lady he sent it to? He sure did, and when things changed down the road it ended up causing him a mess of problems. it's not about trust, it's about people having the right to choose what portrayals of them will be out on the loving internet in the TYOOL 2017 where that poo poo is forever

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I send dick pics after the first date

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

You'd have to be an idiot to see that as a trust issue. As she herself stated phones get lost, "friends" peak through photos on your phone, phones get hacked, poo poo happens - it's ok not being comfortable with having permament records of your nudes no matter how much you love the person supposed to be keeping them. It's also pretty much a sexual behavior that she clearly isn't comfortable with. It's nothing personal and the guy trying to manipulate her with guilt to break her boundaries is an rear end.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 15, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I send dick pics after the first date

"Date"?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

My (19F) boyfriend (21M) has been lying about where he is at night. I thought he was cheating or partying but it turns out he has been playing Lord of the Rings the video game.

quote:

We have been dating for six months, LDR for two months. I have been suspicious of his nightly activities for the past week, and last night caught him in a lie; he said he was working late on the phone, and then I heard his dogs in the background and knew he was making it up and that he was at home. I got really upset with him, almost dumped him.

After talking later that night he fessed up, that he had bought a new video game (Lord of the Rings themed..?) and has been playing that at night, and was making up stories so I wouldn't think he was a nerd. I didn't believe it at first but he showed me on FaceTime all of his characters and that he is at level 132 or something crazy like that.

My boyfriend is not the nerdy type - plays college football, drinks/often goes clubbing, basically a "Chad" even though I hate to say it. I guess I could understand why he would want to keep something like that from me. I'm just mad he lied to me.

Should I be mad? I really believe he was just playing the video game because when I did not believe him he went on and on about how excited he was and how he pre-ordered it and how he has read all the books and whatever.

Apparently he is like really into it.

Is it okay to keep secrets about dumb stuff like this? I know that lying is not okay, but what if its about a strange hobby?

tl;dr: Boyfriend has been making up stories about what he has been doing at night the last week. He was playing Lord of the Rings and didn't want me to know. Should I even be mad at this.

Edit: The game is called Middle Earth Shadow of War

Oh god :sever:, I'm so sorry you had to find out this way.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Guys, my boyfriend is a.........nerd:ohdear:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ArbitraryC posted:

Someone asking for nudes early into the relationship is a big red flag which justifies lack of trust. He's just confirming his untrustworthiness by asking for them again and again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hey, at least it's Orb Stabber 2017 and not Lord of the Rings Online. That'd be a much bigger red flag, as opposed to a blood-stained red banner.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Palpek posted:

My (19F) boyfriend (21M) has been lying about where he is at night. I thought he was cheating or partying but it turns out he has been playing Lord of the Rings the video game.

Oh god :sever:, I'm so sorry you had to find out this way.

This is the most adorable red flag I've seen. Dump this loving nerd and get with a real Chad.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Palpek posted:

OH MY GOD I DO NOT KNOW EITHER OF YOU AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS KICK EACH OF YOU IN THE CROTCH

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s a good game

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Palpek posted:

She should go old school and give him some polaroids he can keep in a shoebox in his underwear drawer.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

fruit on the bottom posted:

It’s a good game

He's dating an orc now and doesn't want to tell her

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Orcs don't count as cheating.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

mind the walrus posted:

Orcs don't count as cheating.

Please tell me more..

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
It's masturbation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I [19F] drove 3 hours to have my boyfriend [29M] completely gently caress me over

quote:

I had a court date 3 hours away from where I live currently. It was a trespassing charge from 3 months ago for being in the park after hours. The thing is I haven’t told my parents about it and they live 45 minutes away from said court house. I didn’t do this because they are quite strict and I knew they’d be very disappointed in me and I’ve actually have panic attacks about this whole situation of them finding out. If you don’t have strict parents you won’t understand.

This is where my boyfriend (ex now) comes in. I told him I was stressing badly about this to the point I felt sick and couldn’t sleep at night. He offered to book me a hotel for the weekend I was here- I never asked him to do this. I immediately felt relieved as I am not able to pay for it myself (broke college student) Now fast forward to today. The plan was still that I would stay in the hotel he booked for me (or so I thought) and I drove down here thinking that was going to happen.

He never texted me back the night before, which I thought was strange but I figured he fell asleep or was busy. I drove here and called him and texted him that i was here. To all of which he never answered- again I figured maybe he was busy and he would call back in a little while... nothing.

So I called him multiple times and texted him asking where the hotel was and why he wasn’t texting back. No answers. FIVE HOURS PASS and he text me saying he was upset with me and that I just needed to tell my parents the truth and go stay with them. Wtf??? I’m so hurt and in disbelief he would gently caress me over like that. Especially with no notice.

The reason he’s mad at me for is I didn’t really talk to him that much throughout the week, which isn’t true we talked everyday. Maybe not as much as usual but I’m a full time college student and I’ve also had car troubles both of which stressed me out. When I stress out I kinda shut down— but I still talked to him.

I texted him a long message about how he hosed me over and I never wanted to talk to him again, so there’s that. I guess my question is am I in the wrong? Should I have just said ok then told my parents and left it at that? I think I may have overreacted just a bit but still don’t tell me you’ll get me a hotel then tell me PASS late minute that, the deal is off. My trust for him is completely gone and I’m very hurt.

tl;dr boyfriend got me a hotel for the weekend in a town I don’t live in. Then told me he was mad and I need to find somewhere else to stay.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Danaru posted:

I [19F] drove 3 hours to have my boyfriend [29M] completely gently caress me over

Never see him again, he is a loving dick. Easy solution for this one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She's 19 and still racking up trespassing charges for being in a park after dusk, seeing a 29 year-old who lives 3 hours away and acts like a high school sophomore when it comes to the quantity:quality ratio of how often they speak (every day? not enough). Poor thing is like a dumb puppy. We should all be grateful she found her way home in the dark and give her a saucerpan of pure, unsalted beef broth and a nice secondhand blanket she can lay on til the morning.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Palpek posted:

Speaking of Nudes...

My [21f] boyfriend's [24m] friend [23f] has a nude painting of my boyfriend, her and some of their other mixed gender [20s m/f] friends hanging in her living room

quote:

Some background: my boyfriend 'Jay' is friends with a group of quite artsy, creative types, one of whom, 'Anna' has a degree in fine art and is a really good painter. She invited the everyone round for dinner the other night (this is the first time I've been to her house) and in her living room, she's got a large painting of what (despite being abstract in style) is clearly her, Jay, Jay's best friend 'Danny' and three of their other female friends lounging around completely naked. I was honestly so shocked that I had to ask about the history behind it. Apparently they'd all gone on holiday several years ago and decided to go skinny dipping and after they got out, Anna took a photo and ended up painting it when she got home. While I'll admit that it is a very well done painting it is undeniably... Sensual. In it, Jay is lying on his front, talking to a girl called Holly who has everything on display and was in a casual relationship with jay at the time (she wasn't at the dinner as she's now moved away from the area and is in a committed relationship, and whenever she's in town Jay never meets up with her alone). The other girls in the painting were also in the room and knew about it and had no problem with it. I don't know Reddit, am I overreacting to this? I just find it weird that my boyfriend's friend has a picture of him and a bunch of other people nude hanging up in her front room (and that they've all seen him naked and vice versa?) I asked Jay about what he thinks and he just laughed it off, saying that he hopes that anyone who comes in to Anna's house "admires his perfectly painted arse", though he did offer to ask Anna to take it down next time we go around if it made me uncomfortable. It does but I don't know whether its because I just have hang ups around nudity and Jay and his friends are just more 'liberated' about it than I am, and im also not sure I have the right to tell someone what she can and can't do with her property in her own home.
tldr: my boyfriend and a bunch of his mixed gender friends went skinny dipping, one of them was an artist and ended up painting them all in the nude and has it hanging in her living room. I feel uncomfortable about it but can't quite articulate why.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:lol: girl I'm sorry you had to find out this way but art students bang each other like it's the loving apocalypse. Your boyfriend almost certainly hosed Anna, every lady in that painting, and very likely the guys in the same session and thinks nothing of it. There's nothing wrong with you for not being ok with that, but if you want to continue to be with your boyfriend you're going to have to wrap your head around that reality and develop your trust muscles like there's a decathlon in six months. I know from experience.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 15, 2017

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

quote:

my boyfriend 'Jay' is friends with a group of quite artsy, creative types

It's safe to assume each of them has slept with all of the others, whether it's one after the other or all in a big naked pile of art students.

OP will probably become part of the pile once they get her to try whatever mind altering substances or activities they're into.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People (Americans) are super mental about nudity its really sad.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No matter what she says, it's pretty drat obvious she's upset because it means her boyfriend is a lot more libertine than she imagined and it's making her sexually insecure because she has never been as open. I'm not a prude and have no problem with nudity, but I still had whiplash when I realized just how wild my then-girlfriend had gotten before she met me. It's simple enough to get over, but it is a shock when you aren't expecting it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

fruit on the bottom posted:

/r/relationships: I feel that I have been very clear about my passion for anime

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

pidan posted:

It's safe to assume each of them has slept with all of the others, whether it's one after the other or all in a big naked pile of art students.

OP will probably become part of the pile once they get her to try whatever mind altering substances or activities they're into.

I like how it doesn't seem that her boyfriend is a 'creative' so it's funny to me that this dude who was destined to be a solicitor or accountant or whatever became friends with a bunch of libertines for easy fucks/drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Inescapable Duck posted:

Hey, at least it's Orb Stabber 2017 and not Lord of the Rings Online. That'd be a much bigger red flag, as opposed to a blood-stained red banner.

They made an Orc Stabber 2017?! I really enjoyed the first Orc Stabber.

Also, no nudes OP needs to dump that jackass and stay strong.